[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Gamefreak think it was a good idea to go from this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: PSS_screen.png (155KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
PSS_screen.png
155KB, 320x240px
Why did Gamefreak think it was a good idea to go from this?
>>
File: Extra000.png (141KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Extra000.png
141KB, 400x240px
To this?
>>
File: IMG_0952.png (136KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0952.png
136KB, 500x500px
>>30719024
To this
>>
File: PokemonXY1.jpg (161KB, 1440x775px) Image search: [Google]
PokemonXY1.jpg
161KB, 1440x775px
>>30719024
To THIS
>>
Every first game of a gen is always a step down from the last gen's last game.

Imagine if XY was even half as good as BW2 was.
>>
>>30719024
I seriously wonder that too. If you ere to sit them down and ask why they thought it would be an upgrade, how would they honestly respond?
>>
>>30719028
After having the game for a couple of weeks, I wish I could say it was a good upgrade... but it's shit, just so pointless and shit.
>>
One step forward and two back. Always.
>>
>>30719049
>BW2
>good

Work on your taste a little.
>>
>>30719072
It was a feature that was a fantastic addition to an older game that GF decided to turn into an important aspect of SM.

I liked the Avenue in BW, but I didn't think it was good enough to become the primary communication aspect of the game.
>>
File: 1456718588822.jpg (127KB, 900x686px) Image search: [Google]
1456718588822.jpg
127KB, 900x686px
>>30719024
...to THIS?
>>
File: 1372177597373.jpg (9KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
1372177597373.jpg
9KB, 250x237px
>no more challenging random strangers who happen to show up on the passerby list

literally why? it's like you're in the anime battling random other trainers on the street. removing it ruined part of the reason I'd even want to play on cart.

needing to go to the plaza completely ruins it because no one is just going to have their game on idling in the plaza.
>>
>>30719106
That should really say something about the quality of X and Y to you, then.
>>
>>30719099
>One step forward and two back. Always.
The internet will yell at them for rehashing the games. This is why we can't have all the nice features they've built up over the years all in one game.

Imagine if Moon/Sun had...
Secret Bases
Record Mixing
Contests
Pokétch
Berry Pots
Toggable Run Button
Pokéathalon
Town variation based on game version
White Treehollow / Black Tower esque places
Musicals
Join Avenue
Pass / O-Powers
Battle environment item drops
Medals
Dream World / Global Link site that isn't shit
Skates
Friend Safari
PSS
Full Analog Movement
Dex Nav
Soaring
Mirage Spots

...and everything else I've neglected to name drop. Seriously, carrying even half of these things forward would have been a huge boon.
>>
>>30719431
I just want the Vs. Seeker back with really strong rematch teams.
>>
>>30719215
>needing to go to the plaza completely ruins it because no one is just going to have their game on idling in the plaza.
feel like its also hurt the gts. taking a week for a starter pokemon swap this early in the games life just did not happen in either gen 6 game. not to mention not having any street or spotpass features. is it any wonder we're going to utterly fail the first global mission? and participation will only go down from here
>>
>>30719431

Forgot diving.
>>
>>30719431
Underground too. That shit was great back in DPP.
>>
>>30719431
Sun & Moon doesn't have dex nav?
>>
>>30719431
Secret bases are dead in ORAS right?
>>
>>30719431
Some of these don't need to come back.
>Record Mixing
Pointless as fuck, but I did enjoy it. Don't miss it though.
>Berry Pots
Obsolete.
>Pokeathalon
Not really all that fun
>Musicals
Somehow worse than the contests in gen 4
>Join Avenue
Festival Plaza, kind of, but it's worse than Join Avenue, I'd agree.
>Pass/O-Powers
Never liked them, can be useful but mostly just a pain.
>Dream World / Global Link site that isn't shit
This was never a thing. Fuck Dream World and GL.
>Skates
Only if you could choose to remove them, I got kind of sick of them in XY.
>Medals
Muh cheevos
>Battle environment item drops
Replaced with the ride/wild pokemon overworld drops, basically.
>Full Analog Movement
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>30719431
>You will never watch TV shows telling you how many berries your friend has picked ever again
>>
>>30721182
Mine still get update everytime i go online
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.