[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vp/ think of ash's coma theory?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

What does /vp/ think of ash's coma theory?
>>
>>30711390
Massive canon faggotry inbound.

As far as the canon of Pokemon is concerned, the games obviously trump everything, followed by the manga as it was approved by Tajiri. Those were the only two things considered canon UNTIL Ash-Greninja got hot-dropped into the games. So now the anime is canon to the Pokemon universe, making Ash's adventures being a coma dream impossible. So how do you explain him remaining 10 for so long? Easy Ho-Oh appeared for Ash in the first episode, in it's Pokedex entry, it promises eternal happiness. Ash's eternal happiness is to remain a child forever and be a Pokemon trainer, and Ho-Oh granted that.
>>
>>30711390
Boring shit churned out by people that have no sense of imagination and/or are desperate for clicks.
>>
>>30711390
boring and done to death. least imaginative of all theories. why can't fans accept that this fantasy world exists in a world apart from ours?
>>
>>30711390
DUDE, COMA, LMAO.
>>
The main character is secretly in a coma is a retarded fan theory that retards need to stop making.
>>
>>30712913
is this a minimalist humor comic strip script
>>
>>30712879
This. It's in the same category as "hyper-realistic blood" and "x is purgatory/hell"
>>
>>30711390
Why does he look so different and generic anime guy in this?

Why is his hat an essential part of his coma? Out of all the things that couldn't be real, why would his hat, something that legitimately could exist, being highlighted?
>>
>>30711390
DUDE IS THAT MARSHADOW?!?
IS HE A UTLRA BEAST LEGENDARY?!?
>>
>>30712843
Ash is canon I the game now but we have no idea how old he is.
>>
>>30713225
Yeah, but it makes his adventures canon, which is hard to explain him staying 10 despite doing all that shit.
>>
>>30711390
>character is in a coma theory

This is fucking dumb
>>
>>30713459
Worse than "they are dead LMAO" theories.
>>
>>30712893
They want to believe that it can happen to them. Reminds me of that old fanmade touchou game where Reimu was actually in a coma in the ending.
>>
Coma theory is bs, however story being told to the girl theory is canon. Newfags better know
>>
>>30711390
Edgy normie shit.

Only by the kind of people who believe in the Ed Edd Eddy purgatory theory.
>>
So what would explain Ash's journeys in Unova, Kalos and Alola then? Last time I read on the theory is that it only got up to Sinnoh.
>>
>>30714505
IIRC whoever wrote the Ed Edd, & Eddy one outright said they were bullshitting it.
>>
>>30714784
Its incredibly easy to bullshit any of those theories. Thats why they are so popular because everyone can do them if they try.
>>
>>30712843

that doesn't mean the anime is canon to the games retard
>>
File: 1284088415596.png (138KB, 510x319px) Image search: [Google]
1284088415596.png
138KB, 510x319px
>>30714457
I've never heard of this story being told to the girl theory, and I've been around for a while. What's it about?
>>
>>30716118
If you watch various movies, you'll notice that at the start, a mother tells her daughter a story.
>>
>>30716491
Oh ok, thanks. I haven't watched the anime in a very long time so I was unaware of this.
>>
>>30711390
>Captain Tsubasa theory about its MC having a coma after getting both legs amputated after getting hit by a car in his toddler days. In his mind, he avoided that accident by bouncing on his dear ball. It's supposed that he'll wake up once he wins everything.
>Pokemon crafted the same theory as soon as BW stated Ash was still 10, patched it to Ho-Oh and generally follows the same headcannon as the example before. If he ever wins the league, he'll wake up from the coma that bunch of Spearow caused on his very first day as a trainer.

So what other game/anime/manga/media runs this meme?
>>
>>30716629
>BW

Theory's been around since at least Gen III, m8. Likely earlier.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.