[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apologize.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 13

File: pokemon-x-and-y-logo.jpg (594KB, 1595x902px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-x-and-y-logo.jpg
594KB, 1595x902px
Apologize.
>>
X and Y is seriously underrated. I think one problem is that a lot of potentially interesting stuff only gets one quick mention and is never elaborated on. Like Trevor and his sister being abandoned by their parents.
>>
Sorry you exist
>>
Aside from friend safari and PSS apps I will apologize for nothing...
>>
>>30702918
Compared to SM it's pretty much trash. Those chibi models give me nightmares.
>>
>>30702814
You had a pretty hot professor
That's all I got to say
>>
Hell no
>>
File: woomy thinking.png (651KB, 627x563px) Image search: [Google]
woomy thinking.png
651KB, 627x563px
>>30702918
>I think one problem is that a lot of potentially interesting stuff only gets one quick mention and is never elaborated on.

This...despite not having much love for XY.

There the XY way of not making it interesting to care about...and then there's the entire existence of fuckery in Sea Mauvile and Aether paradise labs that makes you want to learn more
>>
>>30702814
Sorry you're the only bad games in the series. I've never disliked a mainline Pokemon game until you came around.
>>
>>30702814
Post-game? What's a Post-game?
>>
>>30702918
>Like Trevor and his sister being abandoned by their parents.

How to say this...I'd probably have cared about this interesting bit of info if trevor in terms of personality and characterisation wasn't so bland and boring...
>>
>>30702814
Never. It sucks more ass then having to listen to skrillex. Even if it's based off of France, it's the worst region yet. It's like unova but at least unova came back to redeem their ass
>>
>>30703347
I hate that it's based on France because it was a total fucking waste. France is pretty nice, Kalos is bland garbage.
>>
File: IMG_6641.jpg (97KB, 750x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6641.jpg
97KB, 750x736px
>>30703068
same here. I want a game like soul silver because that game was fun to play even if Kanto was there. Plus it had one really long ass postgame that made it two journeys.
>>
>>30703384
France could have had tons of potential yet we get regurgitated crap of gen 5 but worse. The sex number for all your Pokémon in the region is what also kills the region, because we could have gotten more rather then the 10000 Kanto Pokémon flooding the region. Kinda like modern France where the natives are slowly disappearing from a non native source.
>>
>>30702814
>Good lore
>All thrown in the trash because of shit characters and storytelling
>Ruined half of the pokedex with shitty models
>Horrible gym leader theme
>meh soundtrack in general
>Literally no postgame
>easy as fuck
>Braindead NPC AI and moveset
>Elevated Gen 1 pandering to a whole new level
>I mean, Shatalune forest is L I T E R A L L Y a copy of Viridian forest, you can't make this shit up

Fuck no, you're a fucking disgrace, SM is better than you in every single way imaginable.
>>
>>30703515
>Elevated Gen 1 pandering to a whole new level
>I mean, Shatalune forest is L I T E R A L L Y a copy of Viridian forest, you can't make this shit up

You left out the best parts silly
>pokeflute and snorelax
>kanto starters given to you mid story
>the first wild encounter IS ALWAYS A FUCKING PIDGEY INSTEAD OF A GEN 6 POKEMON.
>>
>>30703515
Gen 6 suffers from the gen wunner, and it copy's it almost action by action. The pokeflute, pidgey as your first encounter, the Kanto starters, and even getting the Kanto birds. The villain team felt bland, and almost everything was rushed or felt like too much was done just to pander to these people.
>>
>>30703642
You're missing some too
>Free Lapras
>Team Flare base is basically a big shout-out to the Rocket Hideout
>More Generation 1 legendaries in the Kalos dex than Generation 6 legendaries
>>
>>30702814

Just because it wasn't as garbage as SM doesn't mean it was good.
>>
>>30702918
>Like Trevor and his sister being abandoned by their parents.
Wow what the fuck, I completely forgot about that. I also forgot he had a sister.

But yeah, you're totally right, and the last episode of Pokemon Generations is even more proof. Generations is shit but it fleshed out Lysandre more than the game did which is sad. They really didn't do much with the story in general.
>>
>>30702814
No.
>>
>>30703884
That too also fucking pissed me off. Lugia or girantina would have seemed better then those shitty birds and mewtwo
>>
File: 1479302157665.png (617KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
1479302157665.png
617KB, 1000x700px
>>30702814
No.
>>
>>30703986
As much as I hate them, the Swords of Justice would've been the most fitting legendary trio to shoehorn in if they really couldn't be fucked to make a new set.
>>
>>30703884
Oh yeah forgot about that too.
Speaking of mewtwo...
>found in the unknown "dungeon"
>Literally just a one room cave

Why the heck is it called a dungeon?
>>
File: IMG_6720.jpg (146KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6720.jpg
146KB, 1000x800px
>>30704027
I barely even remember that trip but they are the three musketeers which is fitting for France. But does gamefreak think of that? No. girantina, kyreum, keldeo, deoxys or even the regi trio would fit in with alola, yet that all was missed out. Poor kalos though
>>
>>30702814
nope, Fuck you gen VI
>>
for what
>>
>>30703515
You forgot

>Lumiose city being the worst city to get around (and you revisit it at least three times)
>Huge filler sections between gyms
>AZ (supposedly an important character) shows up like halfway through the game and you barely interact with him
>Gym leaders besides Korrina don't do shit
>Flare's Admins are the worst in the series
>That weird fucking song at the end credits

I won't pretend SuMo is perfect, but it did things way better than X and Y.
>>
I'm glad everybody fucking hates gen 6. Well deserved.
>>
I barely remember the story in XY.
I want to replay it when the Bank comes out and I transfer my pokémon to SM.
>>
The only game i'll ever apologize to is SM for doubting
>>
>>30704171
Even with all the stuff sun and moon did mistakes on, it did better. We weren't barraged with unneeded mega evolutions for Kanto only Pokémon then get spit in the face with the likes of mega audino for unova. And then there's plot devices and humor which goes from bone dry in X/Y to having lots of depth. Heck, I could relate better to the likes of hau over your "rivals" in X/Y.
>>
>>30704171
>Gym leaders besides Korrina don't do shit

Lets be fair the only reason she does extra shit is so they could force freed more lucaro pandering.
>>
File: 1481317946232.png (99KB, 395x416px) Image search: [Google]
1481317946232.png
99KB, 395x416px
How do we fix XY for the eventual remakes in 10+ years?
>>
>>30704273
And hau didn't passively guilt trip you when he loses like serena did...
>>
>>30702814
But, like every other Pokémon mainline game, I liked x/y. There's nothing to apologize for.
>>
>>30703515
>>Horrible gym leader theme
>>meh soundtrack in general
Ok, excessive bait there
>>
File: 1470283637901.jpg (2MB, 2885x4081px) Image search: [Google]
1470283637901.jpg
2MB, 2885x4081px
>>30702814
>>30702918

> Mega Evolutions, especially Mega Charizard Y, Mega Scizor and Mega Lucario
> Trainer Customization
> Having an older protagonist
> Pokemon adventuring in 3D, although the models can use less washed out colours
> Excellent Regional Pokedex roster, it's got essentially all my favourite mons
> New Gen 6 mons were overall welcoming, which mons such as Chestnaught, Greninja, Aegislash, Tyrantrum and Yveltal among my favourites.
> Lumiose City: its clothing store, its restaurants, Looker's bureau -- it's an overall great city and I actually got the impression it was a massively large city.
> Kalos in general, despite how limited and barren it is, I still love how comfy it was to go through the region and I didn't expect to see it having both a snow landscape, a wasteland AND caves.
> Exp Share
> Super Training
> Friend Safari
> Destiny Knot for breeding purposes
> Has some of my favourite tracks in the series, including https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_k_WLW02L4 [Embed]
> The stronger impression you were confronting the villain boss to save the world, AZ's backstory and how your heroic deeds are celebrated. I know Gen 4 also dealt with saving the world, but XY made it feel somehow grander, and I feel it is because of the music and cutscenes they threw around.

I fucking love XY despite its many many faults, and I really want to re-visit Kalos soon.
>>
>>30704306
Before anything make me actally care about the characters I'm forced to interact with like past gens and 7 and diantha not just being...there.
>>
>>30702814
Fuck no
>>
>>30704340
Anon that's not bait. That gym leader theme is absolute crap and the ost in general is so lackluster outside of select songs coming right after gen 5.

Taste is subjective though and my opinion isnpt fact.
>>
File: 1478569102043.jpg (14KB, 216x399px) Image search: [Google]
1478569102043.jpg
14KB, 216x399px
>Ruby and Sapphire had to be dragged down with XY, resulting in the worst remakes

It's not fair.
>>
File: 1480428017602.png (16KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1480428017602.png
16KB, 500x500px
>>30704340
>kalos has a good gym leader theme
>>
>>30702814
The problem with X and Y is pretty simple. In my opinion, the online was the best we had yet since a lot of Pokemon that once sucked were now viable and teams were a little more diverse than infinite weather BS from Gen V. Plus breeding/training for online was a total breeze. It was pretty much eggs and bikes paradise. But sadly it had a terrible single player mode due to the shitty, forgetable story and complete lack of a decent postgame. So that's all it was, eggs and bikes.

Sun and Moon seems to have flipped it around with the story being really good for Pokemon standards, but things like leveling up and online diversity without Poke Bank being pretty shit. Even if Pokebank is out, VGC is limited to the Alola dex only, without Megas. Plus, even though the designs are neat, most Gen 7 Pokemon don't seem comfortable viable in general.

In the end, I think it's safe to assume most people prefer the quirkyness of Alola over the barren emptiness that is the Kalos region.

Still probably gonna replay it just for nostalgia of 3 years ago and live dex purposes.
>>
>>30703912
Gen 6, that one time the anime plot was better than the game.
>>
>>30704456
This. I was hyped for a Hoenn remake for years, then a few months after beating it, I realized, "Wow, that was actually kinda shit."
>>
>>30704340
The soundtrack is definitely meh. Only a few tracks really stick out and I'd only count one of them among my favourites from the series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3XEUx4-76Y
Wish the rest of the game had tracks as good as this.
>>
>>30704456
I still don't get the hate for ORAS...battle frontier and no customization aside. It was an overall better package than XY, bases, dexnav, soaring, dexnav, all those legends, dexnav, daycare/bike loop/judge/tutors/wally's theme all in one place, dexnav, seamauvile lore, dexnav. Almost no point to even touch XY.
>>
>>30704324
I hated this shit. I genuinely felt bad for her because she was the only one that wasn't all, "Hoowee, you sure are strong, Protag!"
>>
>>30704273
Z moves, while they're integral to the plot feel a lot fairer to other pokemon.
>>30704275
Don't remind me. Why couldn't Valerie have helped with the poke ball factory takeover? She had a cool design and everything.
>>30704369
>New Gen 6 mons were overall welcoming, which mons such as Chestnaught, Greninja, Aegislash, Tyrantrum and Yveltal among my favourites.

It's weird, people seem to hate gens because of pokemon looks etc. But I'm fine with all the Gen 6 pokemon.
>>
>>30704521
And then the anime decided to crap on itself and let that damn dragon win after all that hype build up for ash's first win.
>>
>>30704626
They're definitely better than XY, but they're still not that great. I'll forever be pissed that they left out all of the good shit from Emerald because "They're Ruby and Sapphire remakes, not Emerald remakes! xD".
DexNav and Soaring were great though, I want both of those back in the future.
>>
>>30704324
My gripe is how they neglected the want for a feel of 3D in X/Y. It couldn't handle 3-D at all, and it limited when you can use it. Not to mention the Kanto Pokémon overflooding newer Pokémon, which weren't even great to use except for a few. It's "postgame" felt missing, and gave us the worst city to date in lumiose. Mega evolutions, the chibi style, lack of character development in the people other then you, rehashed evil team, and a motive that sounds too edgy pretty much made it the worst. People will always complain about gen 5 because of the trash Pokémon or the ice cream Pokémon, yet will defend the shit over their shit generation with a boulder with arms, pokeball with eyes, a blob with dots, fire dragon, and a fat dragon.
>>
>>30704456
>>30704588
The worst part is that that was our one chance. Hoenn will be incomplete for another decade and a half
>>
>>30704672
>Z moves, while they're integral to the plot feel a lot fairer to other pokemon.

I agree. Megas were a cool idea to make weaker pokemon viable...and then shit like mega mence happend who didn't even need one. Why is flygon literally the only gen 3 dragon not to get a damn mega???
>>
>always replayed each gen when I get bored and have the free time for it
>never replayed BW or XY

The excuse for BW was, by the time I beat it, BW2 were announced a little bit after. But yes. I feel no desire to replay XY.
>>
>>30704620
>anistar
>lumiose
>cyllage
>geosenge
>snowbelle
>flare grunt
>lysandre
>diantha
>"friend" theme
>kanto legendary
>most routes
>literally the best league theme ever
It's above good
>>
>>30704197
Sadly, only this board hates Gen 6. The normies love it, which is why we're gonna keep getting more of that instead of more of Gens 4 and 5.
>>
>>30704749
After ORAS, my faith in remakes took a huge blow. Now I have to hope that the Gen 4 and 5 remakes don't ruin my top 2 favorite gens. At least Sun and Moon wasn't like X and Y so there's some hope. They haven't done a healthy postgame since BW2 though. Even though it's nowhere near as shit as X and Y, Sun and Moon postgame is still DP/BW1 tier.
>>
>>30704783
they said they couldn't decide on a design

and then they rub it in your face in ORAS, when the secret base guy with the flygon gives you the garchompite saying something like his pokemon couldn't use it
>>
>>30702814
As someone who hadn't played since gen 3, I loved X/Y. It brought me back into Pokemon after not having very fond memories of Ruby/Sapphire. I actually think it's my favorite gen at this point, although I still haven't played gen 4-5.
>>
>>30702814
Every good idea they had with XY was poorly executed.
Fairy type? Neat, but they made it the best type in the game instead of a balancing type.
Mega evolutions? Cool, but they gave most of them to pokemon that didn't need them and neglected 90% of the pokemon that did need them.
A France region? Awesome, but it doesn't feel like France at all and we don't even get to go to the Eiffel Tower.
>>
>>30704783
>spoiler
It fucking hurts man. But megas weren't designed with gane balance in mind. It was always all about some random design that just had 100BST for free. They did not give a shit.
>>
>>30704979
>we don't even get to go to the Eiffel Tower.

uhhh.....
>>
the biggest problem I have with XY is that its a lot of good ideas and concepts executed HORRIBLY. That and blatantly forced and disgusting Kanto pandering.
SM's Kanto pandering can be a bit much at times too, but at least it makes it more tolerable and easy to digest by integrating it more naturally, and also giving nods and tributes to other gens out there too
2/3rd Pokeride mons being Kantomons is kind of gross though
>>
>>30704783
>>30705001
>flygonfags

I gotta give Mega Evolution credit for that; how does it feel knowing that Flygon will NEVER EVER be as good as Garchomp, Salamence, or Zygarde? Stay mad, cucks.
>>
>>30705046
>2/3rd Pokeride mons being Kantomons is kind of gross though

I can easily look past this. Not being forced to use HMs cancels out any grievance I could possibly have.
>>
>>30704979
>and we don't even get to go to the Eiffel Tower.

Are you fucking retarded
>>
>>30705063
Eh it got dragon dance so GF cares somewhat.
>>
>>30705063
Anti-flygoncuck reporting in here, feels excellent. I love how even though it got DD it's never going to see the light of OU because of the Tapus and Pheromosa.

Next time, Flygonfags, how about liking an actual dragon instead of an oversized bug lmao
>>
>>30704306
Don't put Tierno in it, but make the other kids reference an unknown fourth kid that never showed up because he died from a tragic car accident in his way to Lumiose.
>>
File: Jk9gNMA.png (503KB, 475x639px) Image search: [Google]
Jk9gNMA.png
503KB, 475x639px
At least the pokegirls were nice.
>>
>>30705019
>>30705132
Did I completely forget about it? DO we get to go to the top of the tower?
>>
>>30704866
>Anistar
Pretty good.
>Lumiose
I hate it with a passion, probably the most grating theme in the entire series.
>Cyllage
It's alright, but it doesn't fit Cyllage at all.
>Snowbelle
I'll give you that one.
>Flare Grunt
It's just okay.
>Lysandre
It's a remix of the Flare Grunt theme, so it's also just okay.
>Diantha
I'd count it among my least favourite Champion themes.
>"Friend" theme
Nothing special on it's own. Makes me want to die when I hear it in game.
>Kanto legendary
It's alright, but it's a remix of a song from another game.
>Most routes
Like I said, the only one I like is the Route 15 theme. The rest are pretty forgettable.
>Literally the best league them ever
I'm more partial to RSE's but it's pretty good.
>>
>>30702918
>Like Trevor and his sister

Literally fucking who?
>>
File: june_p5_04.jpg (29KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
june_p5_04.jpg
29KB, 400x240px
FUCK OFF HOLY SHIT WHY DO YOU EVEN EXIST
>>
>>30705228
Anon...it's literally where Clemont's gym is. You HAVE to go there. Can't stand on top of it though...smash aside
>>
File: 1481241138321.png (311KB, 816x787px) Image search: [Google]
1481241138321.png
311KB, 816x787px
>>30704672
Honestly, not all Gen 6 mons were great design-wise. At least from a personal standpoint, I don't like Aromatisse and shit, but imo every gen has its shit-tier mons when it comes to design, but Gen 6 introduced several mons I ended up growing attached to, so I'll give GF that.
>>
>>30705270
I literally did a double take. Good grief the chibi models look so fucking weird now.
>>
>>30705270
Every time I see screenshorts of XY after playing SM I'm amazed at how fucking awful it looks in comparison.
>>
File: image.gif (28KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
28KB, 356x200px
>>30705063
This is what made me switch from being a Flygonfag to a Garchompfag back in Gen 4. I didn't like it at first, but now I can't go back.
>>
>>30705270
they looked that small?
>>
>>30705270
Seeing this now, this is what I imagine gen 4 would've looked like if it was the first 3D game.
>>
>>30705270
There's like three rivals too many. Shauna on her own would be fine

Also man even the grass looks shitty
>>30705312
It gave me my T.Rex pokemon, that's good enough.

Speaking of pokemon is it just me or is the pokemon distribution in SuMo better than in X and Y?
>>
>>30702983
Eh, story and lore wise yeah but ironically XY had just a little more variety in the gameplay.
>>
>>30704340
Best songs were mewtwo theme and elite four theme rest were shit
>>
>>30704521
It would have been if the froge would have won.
>>
>Make a nice route track
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC_f_oNPofc
>Place it in a route that LITERALLY is just a 2 second long road with nothing else on it

Gen 6 is the Gen of questionable decisions
>>
>>30704979
>we don't even get to go to the Eiffel Tower
Did you play x&y?
>>
>>30705312
Other then giving us excision dinosaur, greninja, delphox, goodra, yveltal, and zygarde, the rest felt meh. But nothing beats how terrible aromatise was and how much lost potential it had. Also, we could have gotten more creative designs and Pokémon to be honest.
>>
>>30705063
I have dragon dance now, so i don't really care about it. That was all i asked for anyways. Flygonfag or not megas are still a terribly executed concept.
>>
>>30702814
At least we are finally in a different gen. Good fucking riddance.
>>
>>30705435
>is the pokemon distribution in SuMo better than in X and Y?
Everything in SM is better
>>
>>30705910
Except Festival Plaza.
>>
>>30705270
Chibis look more retarded now than they ever did.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.