[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain why you dislike this gen. Hard mode: Actually explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 17

File: image.jpg (92KB, 588x331px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 588x331px
Explain why you dislike this gen.

Hard mode: Actually explain why you feel as if each of your points is valid. No "I-it's linear!!1", explain why that's a fault.
>>
>>30700013
It's shit
>>
>>30700013
Bad sprite animations, the pokémons don't look natural (they look like yugioh monsters, and not the good ones), disappointing bottom screen interaction after Gen 4, certain features are now obsolete because there's no online anymore.

I don't dislike gen 5, I'm just naming some flaws compared to other pokémon titles.
>>
I didn't have any problems with B2/W2, B/W was fine, but I didn't like how the Pokemon available were only generation 5.
>>
>>30700013
Poor sprite animations, unimpressive overworld past the 4th gym, shitty scenario writing, over stuffed dex, introduction of cool new level curve without any way to really balance it out so you can experiment with new team members part way through the story, patrat
>>
>>30700013
There's not enough space to explore. BW is very compressed, which is unfortunate. You either have vast areas (the desert area, especially the palace), artifically enlarged areas (the palace and the flooded temple) or just short paths left and right.

I mean, I don't dislike 5th gen. But I play Black for the third time and these are things that came to my mind. 3rd gen teached us many new possibilties to discover the world and 5th gen cuts them out of the game.
>>
>>30700185
That was one of its biggest strengths.
>>
The idea of Kyurem being an incomplete 3rd legend was nice back when it was a regional idea, but with Zygarde onwards it has become a mainstay which annoys me to no end. Necrozma being a continuation of it makes it worse as the influence of BW's regional ideas over the future entries become apparent despite the constant Kanto dicksucking.

Giratina Origin wasn't bad as its more like a neat side addition but with Kyurem onwards, it a neccessity which is annoying for someone who grew up with Emerald because Rayquaza was already a complete package without the need of a secondary form.
>>
Worst imaginable meta game.
>>
>>30700140
Can you really hate on the animations, though? Considering that the other gens are completely static with their animations, shouldn't having them at all be considered a plus over the other gens? Besides, not all of them are bad. Some show the pokèmon's personality pretty well, especially Scraggy's. This was also the first gen where pokemon actually closed their eyes when they got sleeped, which made the animations feel more life like, imo.
>>
>>30700140
>certain features are obsolete because there's no online

It's kind of a shame that almost every game'll end up being way worse once Nintendo decided to cut off their Wi-fi. It's such a huge part of the games at this point
>>
>>30700013

when I played White, I couldn't finish it. I lost interest before I properly beat the elite 4. didn't really get back in 'til the Gen VI buildup.

as for exact reasons, I couldn't say for sure, but it was the least interesting for me.
>>
>>30700140
I never understood the "it doesn't look natural" argument.
Gen 1 was full of unnatural looking monsters and every generation has them, why is this a problem?
>>
BW are tied with HGSS for best games for me.

HGSS = BW > BW2 = SuMo > GSC > XY = RSE > ORAS > FRLG = RBY >>>>>>>> Shit > DPP
>>
>>30700013
Every time I see a picture of Reshiram and Zekrom, I feel like listening to their themes.

On one of those videos, here's to top rated comment:

This makes me sad considering how much we as a fanbase crapped on Black and White, which prompted nintendo to freak out on us. They were good games. "The starters look stupid" "FINE FUCK YOU DONT LIKE THE NEW STUFF HERE TAKE A FUCKING CHARMANDER" "the story is dumb" "ALRIGHT FINE LETS LET A SEVEN YEAR OLD WRITE XY PLOT" "i want kanto" "RIGHT HERE BITCH" copy pastes viridian forest gives a snorlax and lapras "do you guys even care about the competitive scene" "FUCK YO COMPETITIVE SCENE" throws a mega gengar, kangaskhan, blaziken, lucario

And I completely agree. BW haters are the reason gen 6 sucked.
>>
>>30700013
I don't dislike gen 5 but my issues with it were
>gen 5 Pokémon have weird movepools and don't learn many moves making it tough to make them work
>the rival music is shit
>the movie thing in B2W2 being unskippable is incredibly annoying, why is it forced on me?

Personally I find it very difficult to hate Pokemon designs.
>>
File: 565Carracosta_Dream.png (52KB, 371x358px) Image search: [Google]
565Carracosta_Dream.png
52KB, 371x358px
>>30700140
>the pokémons don't look natural
They look better than most Gen IV mons.
Even the busiest designs look better than the "stripes and spikes" generation.
>>
>>30701338
>N
>Hugh
>Colress
>shit music
kys famlam
>>
>>30701457
I'm sure he was talking about Cheren, Bianca, maybe Hugh. I don't even dislike Gen 5, just trying to maybe clarify.
>>
Honestly the biggest thing that bothers me that people complain about this gen is that it has shit designs and how this gen is where they jumped the shark. Not defending the stupid shit like the ice cream, garbage pile, Gears, snowflake, candle, or shadow cosplay (even though personally I like the last 2),but most of the pokemon after Zebstrika in the dex (with some exceptions) are fucking awesome designs. That and every single pokemon gen has tons of stupid bullshit that when you think about them really "shouldn't" be pokemon going all the way back to gen 1
>>
File: 101Electrode_AG_Anime.png (146KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
101Electrode_AG_Anime.png
146KB, 1000x1000px
>>30701600
complaining about how Pokemon jumped the shark with Gen 5 designs has always struck me as stupid when this thing exists.
>>
>>30701457
>shit music
kys famlam
>>
>>30700211
>unimpressive overworld past the fourth gym

>chargestone cave
>lentimas
>reversal mountain
>icirrus
>humilau
>marine tube
>village bridge
>bw2's victory road
>route 14

Nope.
>>
>>30701186
>hating Platinum
n-nani?!
>>
>>30701531
But those three are more rivals than anything.
>>
Meh pokemons, Hilda and Rosa are shit
>>
>>30701670
Or the magnets glued together, pile of eggs, etc. Etc.
>>
>>30701457
>>30701531
I was talking about Cheren and Bianca. I think I like their rival music the least.
>>
>>30700260
Fair, yet the routes west of Nuvema are some of the greatest spots of pure exploration in any Pokemon game. Moor of Icirrus, Wellspring, and Mistralton Cave aren't bad either. And, barring GS and FRLG, Gen V has the most post-game area to explore. Four more routes and four more towns, with several other areas tucked within in both BW and BW2.
>>
>>30701410
>Carracosta
I reckon that you're My nigga
>>
>>30700013
>No "I-it's linear!!1"
Why can't I complain about that? Yeah every pokemon game is linear, but BW doesn't even have backtrack (well at some point in the story you go back to the desert but that's it) which makes the game progression feel very artificial.
Literally "do everything in a city then go to the next one in a straight line": the game.
>>
>>30701716
Sure I can totally see how you could make them out to be the rivals. I usually say the 'rival' is the character(s) that starts with you in your hometown and you battle many times throughout the game, so think of Cheren and shit. But N and Colress (kinda like Gladion too really) are very rivalish in that they oppose you many times throughout the game and get stronger. And do not have shit music haha
>>
>>30701720
Worst taste ever
>>
>>30700013
It was the beginning of Gamefreak's handholding and smartphone gamer fetish.
>>
>>30700013
I preferred friend safaris to chaining because its quicker to catch 15 random mons and see what their IVs and abilities are than to chain fucking 40 + and still not get what you want.

It was also a cool way to get pokemon that might be rarer. And a reason to actually trade friend codes.
>>
>>30701863
>>30701863
>It was the beginning of Gamefreak's handholding

agreed

>>30701863
>and smartphone gamer fetish.

wat
>>
>OP says to actually explain why you feel that way
>Replies don't explain shit just state something
>>
>>30701803
What value is gamed from backtracking? How does backtracking enrich your experience?

Also, I'd like to point out that Pokemon will always have backtracking given the nature of Pokemon Centers. It may not be story-related, but backtracking will occur.

The only story-related backtracking in Gen VII is to Aether Foundation. In Gen VI, Geosenge and Lumiose. Gen III, you're routed back through Rustboro, you have to go to Petalburg to fight pop pop, and you have to go back to Slateport. That's it, and that is by far the generation with the most backtracking. In BW, you have to backtrack to Nacrene and the Resort Desert. This is a difference of one more instance.
>>
>>30700013
story and characters, the rest was just fine
fuck N worst char ever
>>
>>30701670
>>30701729
love how when you point out these designs after someone states that pokemon in current generations look fucked they ignore you or just shutup.
>>
>>30701803
Because the last time they tried nonlinearity they fucking at it so hard it's used as a negative to describe the gen in general.

Anyone who wants nonlinearity should be forced to play through GSC five times in a row with a full team of 6 mons.
>>
>>30701803
You completely missed the point of the OP. I never said you couldn't complain about it, just that you have to give valid reasons as to why it detracts from your gameplay experience.

You haven't explained why you think backtracking makes the game better.
>>
>>30700013
It marked the end of spinoffs, especially the good ones. Not even a single console spinoff came out during GenV like the past gens did with Col/GoD/PBR.
>>
>>30702292
Is that really even a problem with the game itself, though?
>>
>>30700013
>animations were bad, sprites looked like balls
>only new pokemon available, and WAY TOO FUCKING MANY, at that. I don't care about gen 1 pandering (which has been way too common since) but it seriously felt like GF was trying to get a whole new generation of kids hooked on pokemon, with everything being 'new'. leading to my next complaint:
>the games (more than any other pokemon game) felt like they were designed for six year olds. Gen V was aimed at kids, gen VI was aimed at families / older nostalgiafags that still played. And that shows EVERYWHERE. Being age 25, of fucking course i prefer a game that wasn't aimed at 6 yr olds.
>story was shit (even for pokemon games, which is saying fucking something..)
>no memorable characters (seriously, every other gen has at least a gym leader or an e4 member or some other main character i remember... for gen V, the only character i actively remember are N and the southern america slut player character with the short shorts)
>box legends were shit
>starters were shit (ANOTHER fucking fire/fighting, come on guys!)
>didn't give a shit about victini
>unova is fucking balls. based on a shitty-ass city that i already hate- & you don't even explore a third of the map until after the e4, yet somehow there's STILL NO FUCKING POST GAME (and no- the dream world is not post game content)
>only fucking pokemon game with a hard mode, but it's fucking locked behind clearing the damn game twice first. Bullshit.
>started the trend of most of the fun features being removed when GF decides they don't want to support online for those titles anymore

I've got more, but I ran out of space.
After platinum + soulsilver, the entire generation just felt like rushed poor quality shit.
i literally can't understand how anyone enjoys that generation.
Kyurem was cool, and the concept for the genies was also a neat idea- that's about all it has going for it. Everything else was shit.
>>30700053
FPBP!
>>
>>30700013
>Story had tons of potential with the fact N questions everything one knows about pokemon and the morality of it, but then shoe horns in ghetsis as the "true big bad" in the most literal sense, didn't even have him do shit the entire time except be sort of vocal in the first bit? But that was literally it
>A lot of designs suffer from problems of the last two gens, I.e. unnecessary lines and patterns, over simplified shapes resulting in literal blobs and way too many clashing colors. Ex: Archeops with two groups of colors horribly placed all over
>Had many opportunities to give previous mons a chance to have a cohesive line but even failed there
>Two fucking groups of clones even in the stats, making it pointless to pick one over the other as they all did the exact same shit
>Started the "only one starter gets earthquake cuz we can" trend fucking over samurott big time
>Starters are worse than gen 2 starters somehow, to the point that only one is decent ONLY because of its HA that took nearly 5 years to even fucking get
>Most good pokemon are fucking hideous to look at but so you won't get curbstomped online you were forced to use them
>Power creep was so fucking bad most previous pokemon became pretty fucking useless
>Dream world was such a fucking mess to do anything with, it was near impossible to get a decent pokemon to begin
>Most dream world abilities were mediocre at best, causing the aforementioned power creep to happen even faster
>WEATHER WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS
>Forces you to use new pokemon instead of making them common but still giving you old Pokemon if for whatever reason you don't want to try out new ones
>Mediocre post game
>Animations are yanky and unnatural as fuck even when it would've been a simple movement
>No proper way to get berries so along with impossible to get decent dw mons, encouraged everyone to hack their asses off
>No seriously, genies are a fucking mistake
Anything I missed?
>>
I actually love Gen V, but I have a few criticisms too:
>"Would you like to turn on the C-Gear?" Every. Damn. Time.
>there's no way to grow berries ingame, you have to use the Dream World (which is kill)
>the animated sprites look bad, though at least some of them are funny (Ursaring really wants to raise the roof)
>"I'm about to unleash my rage!" is the lamest catchphrase ever
>remove genies
>where the fuck are my ribbons
>>
>>30702409
You explained none of your points and almost everything you posted was a complete nitpick. Did you even read the OP?
>>
>>30701976
I think you're taking backtracking too literally. For example, on Akala Island, you return to Heahea before going through Diglett's tunnel, hell the first trial is a loop back to route 6, then the 2nd and 3rd trials are a loop back to route 5 and Heahea, for Diglett's cave. All 'backtracking' does is add a little more variety to the direction you're traveling. For context, I enjoy Gen V.
>>
>>30700013
I played White again right before SM came out, it was alright. Postgame was barren as fuck, especially with White Forest not being a thing with wifi gone. It was also dumb how the regular trainers on the first postgame routes just jump 10 levels higher than Ghetsis for some reason.
>>
>>30702483
>You explained none of your points
but i explained most of my points...?
>and almost everything you posted was a complete nitpick. Did you even read the OP?
>>30700013
>Explain why you dislike this gen.
>Hard mode: Actually explain why you feel as if each of your points is valid. No "I-it's linear!!1", explain why that's a fault.
I...i did both? did YOU read the OP, anon? o.O
>>
>>30702709
>only new pokemon available, and WAY TOO FUCKING MANY, at that. I don't care about gen 1 pandering (which has been way too common since) but it seriously felt like GF was trying to get a whole new generation of kids hooked on pokemon, with everything being 'new'. leading to my next complaint:
>the games (more than any other pokemon game) felt like they were designed for six year olds. Gen V was aimed at kids, gen VI was aimed at families / older nostalgiafags that still played. And that shows EVERYWHERE. Being age 25, of fucking course i prefer a game that wasn't aimed at 6 yr olds.
>story was shit (even for pokemon games, which is saying fucking something..)
>no memorable characters (seriously, every other gen has at least a gym leader or an e4 member or some other main character i remember... for gen V, the only character i actively remember are N and the southern america slut player character with the short shorts)
>box legends were shit
>starters were shit (ANOTHER fucking fire/fighting, come on guys!)

except you didn't? at all?
>>
>>30702709
Do you even understand what explaining is?
>>
>>30701186
Interesting HGSS is your favorite and Platinum is your least favorite since they use the same engine. Nothing wrong with it, just interesting
>>
>>30702774
how is this not objectively a bad thing? when your game is built around sprites, and the sprites look like shit... you're gonna have a bad time. very much an obvious fault
>only new pokemon *snip*
I feel you i didn't fully explain myself, here. As i said- i ran out of room, and had to delete a few extra sentences here and there- and this was one that got edited a bit.
When half your franchise is built around 'catching them all' and using your favorite 'mons from older generations in newer games, and both are impossible... something somewhere went terribly wrong.
>*snip* of fucking course i prefer a game that wasn't aimed at 6 yr olds.
apparently saying that i prefer a game not aimed at 6 yr olds isn't valid? I don't even know how to help you here, anon.
>story was shit *snip*
again, ran out of room and cut an extra sentence here. I could probably write an essay about why gen V's story sucked fucking balls, but i do not feel like putting that effort in, today.
>no memorable characters
no memorable characters in a game with characterization is a MASSIVE (textbook) FAULT! try to argue it isn't.
>box legends were shit
opinion, certainly; but it's how i feel. poorly designed, poorly executed, and fitting no thematic theme other than *hurr durr, i'm white and he's black*
>starters were shit *snip*
again an opinion, but they are far and away my least favorite starters, from a design standpoint.
well- i didn't. i don't know how to explain to you why i didn't care about a mythical pikachu-knock-off that was forced down my throat. there is literally no way to make that point 'valid' except by saying that i didn't care for it.
>>
>>30703036
Again, you didn't explain anything. You don't explain why you dislike the sprites, why having only new mons is a bad thing, why you don't think the characters were memorable, why you dislike the legends or starters, or how disliking Victini is a big enough fault for it to be a major point against the game.

Do you not know what an explanation is? You do realize that you can explain your opinions, right?
>>
File: 1477641337537.png (617KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
1477641337537.png
617KB, 1000x700px
The zoom in on sprites looked terrible, alongside very awkward animations. Not a great selection of early mons, making the lack of past gen mons even more frustrating, as all the good designs were late game. The story was interesting, but needed tons of dialogue to properly explain itself, so had to listen to lots of complicated hoohah. The worst music, a weird tinny sound that hurt your ears after awhile. Based on new York, not much pretty landscape as we got from other regions.
>>
>>30703344
This post is much better than the other ones, but I have to disagree with the music being bad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLJgscPE93w
>>
OST lacked a standout instrument like MIDI Trumpets or Pianoes
>>
>>30703476
But at the same time we had great tracks like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-6JV-M8oxE
>>
>>30703172
>Do you not know what an explanation is? You do realize that you can explain your opinions, right?
you do realize it's almost impossible to explain some opinions, though, right anon?
Say you don't like country music- can you explain in perfect words why not? Or do you just know that every time you hear a country song, you want to tear your ears off like piccolo did. The best you can hope for is saying that you don't like specific things.
Why is this such a hard concept? This entire thread is built around 'explaining why you dislike this gen'- but that's literally all it is... likes & dislikes. it's literally impossible to explain 'valid' reasons for why you like or dislike something.. but since you're so interested, i will try explaining anyway.

>You don't explain why you dislike the sprites,
They are poorly designed compared to previous gens- you can tell they wanted to be able to do 3d models but couldn't yet, and the art style suffers significantly. And the little animations/zooming they constantly did were ugly as fuck- pixelated and choppy. They would have failed an art class exam- i don't understand how they made it into the game.
>why having only new mons is a bad thing,
I did explain this one, though. If you build your franchise around one or two things, and then one of your games completely ignores those things, you're gonna have a bad time.
>why you don't think the characters were memorable,
Name one gen V character that IS memorable. I'll wait
>why you dislike the legends or starters,
again.. i did, though. Poorly designed, poorly implemented, poorly executed, and no theme on the box legends at all. How are these not explanations?
>or how disliking Victini is a big enough fault for it to be a major point against the game.
Because one was forced down your throat early game / was a gigantically advertised part of early gen V... that you got a low level mythcal that could be your buddy while you beat the game. A huge selling point, that I hated.
>>
>>30701410
yh ice cream, candle and garbage can definitely look better than Gen IV mons
>>
>>30703668
>N
>Colress
>Ghetsis
>Hugh
>Fucking all of the gym leaders show up somehow outside of their gym

There you go, memorable characters
>>
>>30703668
You can explain why dislike anything. Even your example with country music is complete bullshit. You can say you dislike the instruments, the typical vocals, lyrics, etc, etc...
>>
>>30704090
>You can explain why dislike anything.
>You can say you dislike the instruments, the typical vocals, lyrics, etc, etc...
So I can explain why i dislike something, by saying i dislike something that it contains?
Isn't that still just disliking something? No 'explanations' have happened- you just said something else you disliked about it...?
>>30704052
>N
>Colress
>Ghetsis
>Hugh
everyone but N is a literal who to me, so..?
>>
>>30704052
i am not who you referred to, but i don't know who any of those people are.
>>
>>30700013
Ultimately, what makes or breaks a gen for me are the pokemon. And I like very few pokemon from gen V. Same for gen VI.
>>
>>30704052
>>30704220
oh, whoops- i missed the gym leaders.
I literally didn't remember any of them.. I watched the generations episode where they all show up, and literally didn't remember a single one...
The guy with the impossible beard seemed kinda neato- i wonder why i didn't remember him..
but the seven other ones are still literal whos
>>
>>30704301
>>30704220
???
Okay, there's clearly no arguing with you...
>>
>>30704220
I like Pokemon Black. I think it is a good game. I think it is a good game because it has good characters, a lot of cool new pokemon, and a good story. The characters are good because they interact with the world and show more development than previous characters. The story is interesting because it plays around with the usual pokemon tropes. The pokemon are good because the designs are mostly unique or just plain cool looking, even with some of the shitmons that are present.

How fucking hard is it to do that?
>>
>>30700013
I just found it boring very quickly. The start of the game was a drag, and I felt like I was pulled along by handholding. Tried playing it again before Sun and Moon were released only to find it even more boring than before. But with that said, I haven't really enjoyed any new game since Platinum other than HGSS. They've all been boring. Sun feels different enough to be compelling, but it hasn't done enough to keep me interested. I currently feel most teams are very samey, and now I'm bored again.
When will they add an online feature restricting teams to suit themes?
>>
>pulled it out of my backlog last week
>powered through it
>tried to play after-game
>no more internet support

I dislike it because it's dead.
>>
>>30704485
tfw i did exactly that in inverse, and people are still all up in my shit about it.

Here:
I do not like Pokemon Black. I think it is a bad game. I think it is a bad game because it has bad characters, a lot of terrible new pokemon, and a horrible story. The characters are forgettable because even seeing them multiple times throughout the game (+ generations) I couldn't tell you any of their names if my life depended on it. The story is boring because it brings nothing new to the table except rehashed ideas. The pokemon are bad because the designs are completely forgettable or just plain ugly, even with some of the cool guys that are present.
That better?

>>30704354
because i didn't remember some gym leaders?
or because of some sort of weird nested like/dislike thing at work on this thread?
I seriously don't understand this thread..
I am supposed to explain why i don't like something by saying things i don't like about it, but when I do, people say I'm not explaining properly. I think I'm giving up.
>>
So, Gen 5.
People apparently believe that this was a bad generation because it suffered from specific flaws.

Dream World being removed because generation 6 removed any need for it, while when it was live, it was a daily RNG mini-game / berry farm pokemon obtaining means.
The Story being very lengthy for some people.
The characters being forgettable whilst each of them have a practical practice they do along side being just a pokemon trainer/ gym leader.
The Evil team's true leader being demented whilst tricking the followers into believing they are doing it for the good of wrongfully owned pokemon.
The Rivals not being "that guy who will kick your ass at random times" and rather friends who are discovering what they want to do with their life when they were uncertain along side you helping as well.
The Elite 4 being not as memorable and the champion isn't required to fight to beat the game
Needing to catch the box legendary to fight the other box legendary in the first ones, whilst being unable to catch the box legendary before the elite 4 in the sequels.
The last gym leader in white becoming the champion in both the second ones.
People not playing the first game and transferring their data over to the second missing out on explanations and aftermath of the first games
Changing of seasons unlocking all sorts of things in the routes you might have missed out on the first times you go through them, requiring 4 months of gameplay to truly have gotten everything in the game, or time traveling to do that.
Musicals replacing contests.
The refightable trainers and free item giving npcs you can visit daily might not be well known to some.
Nurses and Doctors in the middle of long routes, or rivals and partners healing your pokemon.

However, gen 5 attempted to put lore into the games, and it accomplished that.
If you are looking to get to know some of the characters, you will.
>>
>>30701863
>It was the beginning of Gamefreak's handholding and smartphone gamer fetish.
what is gsc.png
>>
Shit new mons.

The DS games just look visually shit.

It's slow.
>>
File: 1404792099779.png (44KB, 452x460px) Image search: [Google]
1404792099779.png
44KB, 452x460px
>tfw gen 5 had my favorite new designs overall
>>
>>30705724
SAWK
USED
ROCK
SMASH
>>
>>30700013
I like it though
>>
>Idea was a reboot-esque thing
>They just took the Gen 1 Dex and slightly changed most Pokemon

I mean, yeah, I get it, every dex has the trash birds etc., but a the muscle line that evolves through trade? The rock line that evolves through trade? Two fighter counterparts?
>>
>>30706192
but that isn't an actual negative point. it's not even fair cause you're basing it on something unrelated to the game itself.
>>
>>30707202
>nothing new
>not an actual negative point
what's not fair?
he's literally complaining about what the games were designed around...
>>
>>30704001
They do.
>>
>>30704617
Didn't go to Pokemon Wold Tournament?
>>
>>30700140
>Pokemon I don't like don't look natural

ftfy
>>
File: IMG_0398.jpg (124KB, 400x287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0398.jpg
124KB, 400x287px
>>30702411
>A lot of designs suffer from problems of the last two gens, I.e. unnecessary lines and patterns

You mean like some creatures in real life? Having a Pokemon painted one color and nothing beyond that doesn't make it good.
>>
>>30700013
>horrible designs
>low quality copies (bouffalant, alomomola, ect)
>convoluted plot
>no memorable locations
>bad writing
>hard mode is on accessible after you beat the game
>genies
>over designed legends
>boring (first and only pokemon game I didnt care about finishing)
>bad music
>non memorable characters

You shouldnt have to rely on a sequel to make the game good
>>
>>30700140
>disappointing bottom screen interaction after Gen 4,
Just so you know the C-gear was used for more than just accessing the dreamworld. It was a precursor to the PSS in the sense that it allowed the player to access local wireless features from anywhere on the map there was also the pass powers which, again, were a precursor to O-Powers. The main difference being that instead of recharging uses over time you would use pass orbs earned through entralink minigames.
Arguably it's a far more useful and intuitive bottom screen than Gen 4 and it's multitude of gimmicks. To this day I still wonder why they decided to add a calculator to the poketch when it was only used once.
That said it sucks that there's no way to get the C-Gear skins back without hacking. It's the only thing stopping me from restarting my game.

>certain features are now obsolete because there's no online anymore.
The only feature to become obsolete, outside of the regular things like battling and trading, would be the Dream World which in all honesty doesn't affect much when it comes to the actual game as much as the minigames they had on the Global Link site.
Now I know the thread is about BW but BW2 somewhat rectifies this by giving players access to Hidden Grottoes which provided the player with an alternative way to obtain some of the hidden ability pokemon.
>>
File: 1481433382079.gif (266KB, 262x261px) Image search: [Google]
1481433382079.gif
266KB, 262x261px
>>30707703
>Literally 80% of these complaints are subjective
>>
>>30707703
>didn't explain a damn thing
for fuck's sake
>>
>>30707759
approximately 91 percent, actually, faggot. do your math before you use "literally" in a sentence
>>
>>30702411
>>A lot of designs suffer from problems of the last two gens, I.e. unnecessary lines and patterns, over simplified shapes resulting in literal blobs and way too many clashing colors. Ex: Archeops with two groups of colors horribly placed all over
This thread is about gen 5 anon. Not 2 and 4.
>>
>>30707759
Literally ALL complaints are subjective... what the fuck?
>>30707779
still complaining faggot? fuck off and die.
>>
>>30707855
>A lot of designs suffer from problems of the last two gens
>This thread is about gen 5 anon. Not 2 and 4.
Can.. can you read?
Actually, this explains so much about this thread...
literally just eight year old yelling loudly that their first pokemon game is the best one.
holy fuck.
>>
>>30707878
>w-why should i have to explain my opinions?
>especially when i use vague terms like over designed!
>>
>>30707855
>dissing Gen 2 and 4
OP here, you're a faggot.
>>
>>30707911
>Can.. can you read?
Can you?
This thread is about gen 5. Not 4 and 2.

Meaning that complaint isn't exactly applicable to generation 5 in comparison to the rest of the series.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand.
>>
>>30700013
I don't dislike the gen, though it has the worst starters the series has ever seen.

At the same time, it gets too much hype. It was decent enough, but it wasn't the end-all be-all.
>>
>>30707978
did you even read his comment?
He said that gen v suffers from the same things as the past two gens.. implying that gens III, IV AND V all have this problem.
I don't agree with that, necessarily, but he said it as something wrong with gen V, and you're saying that it's not a problem with gen V?
Are you four?
>>
>>30707703
What is Alomomola copying?
>>
>>30708040
>implying that gens III
>III
So you can't read. Last time I checked a '2' wasn't a '3'.
Also your post doesn't exactly mean anything when those "problems" aren't exactly present in that gen. Unless you want to say that a modicum of detail and flourish is the same as random zig zags and lines.
>>
>>30707920
If you weren't retarded you would understand what overdesigned means and you wouldn't need an explanation.
>>
>>30708040
>Are you four?

Of course, unovabortions have the most underages on this board.
>>
>>30707878
>Literally ALL complaints are subjective...
Uh, no.

Complaints can in fact be rooted in something objective anon.

For example
>Gen 1 was horribly glitchy when it came to the mechanics
>Gen 2 removed meaningful content and areas present in Gen 1
>Gen 3's abundance of water This one is a stretch I admit
>Gen 4's underground had input lag
>Gen 5's Dream World being the only way to grow berries in BW
>Gen 6's framerate
You can't really say these things aren't bad for the game and they're fairly common complaints.
>>
>>30708086
TIL 5 - 2 = 2.
So you can't read, and you can't maths.
Good to know.
>>
>>30708195
Is this a joke?
>>
>>30708113
Just so you know, overdesigned is a jargon word.
It doesn't mean anything because you can't have an overdesigned design.

You can have a cluttered design but at the same time that may be the point of the design in the first place.
>>
>>30708193
>Complaints can in fact be rooted in something objective anon.
99% of the time; no, no it can't.

This is unironically how I feel about each of your examples:
>Gen 1 was horribly glitchy when it came to the mechanics
And it's still my favorite to replay for that reason and that reason alone. Using the mew-fly glitch to catch level 7 of whatever i want early game is fucking awesome.
>Gen 2 removed meaningful content and areas present in Gen 1
What 'meaningful content'? literally all i can think of it the safari zone, but so much was added I really didn't miss it.
>Gen 3's abundance of water This one is a stretch I admit
Definitely a stretch, definitely an opinion.
>Gen 4's underground had input lag
It did? Like, movement, or the minigames? Been a long time, I honestly don't remember.
>Gen 5's Dream World being the only way to grow berries in BW
I got nothing for that one, that fucking sucks.
>Gen 6's framerate
I never noticed framerate problems unless i was in horde battles with weather up. Old 3ds maybe?
>>
>>30707703
>convoluted plot
you haven't played much jrpgs haven't you
>>
>>30708219
you literally said five minus two equals two, so either you're trolling me hard, or an idiot.
no jokes.
>>
>>30708323
No one ever said that anon.
>>
I don't understand why the linearity is supposed to be bad.
My only problems with Gen 5 are the pokemon evolving too late and most of them having very limited movepools.
But is still the best generation.
>>
>>30700013
ugly user interface
ugly battle sprites
ugly overworld
everyone talks too much
underwhelming music
gym leaders only having up to 3 pokemon
elite 4 members only having up to 4 pokemon
>>
>>30708300
You do realise that having subjective views on objective flaws doesn't change the fact that they're flaws with the game.

Also chunks of Kanto were removed in gen 2 and the movement in the Underground which in an area that contains a capture the flag minigame where you have to escape from other players and the traps they set that's just plain ridiculous.
>>
>>30708335

>>30708086
>So you can't read. Last time I checked a '2' wasn't a '3'.

Honestly, i think he just got mixed up who he was responding to, which then dissolved into a big mess.
Attempt at unwraveling:

>first anon said gen v suffers from same thing as previous two gens (implying III / IV)
>second anon says this thread is about gen V, not II / IV
>third anon (me) asks if second anon can read, as they said II / IV when first anon meant III / IV
>fourth anon was a shitstick
>fifth anon (me again) tries to clear things up
>sixth anon says above quote, implying that five minus two is two.
>>
>>30708405
>objective flaws
the point i'm trying to make is that little to no flaws are objective, by definition.
One person could look at the flower on venusaur and say that it's the worst flaw about it, but that very flower could be the reason someone else loves it.
It is almost impossible to have an 'objective flaw'.
Literally the only thing I could think of being an objective flaw in pokemon would be if you weren't able to complete the game for some reason.

Also- i still don't remember which chunks of kanto were removed, if you could point me in a direction to look that up.
And I'd forgotten about the Underground minigames... I didn't play them much. So fair enough- that fucking sucks too.
>>
>>30708635
>the point i'm trying to make is that little to no flaws are objective, by definition.
By what definition exactly?
Because a flaw is inherently a bad thing.
>>
>>30708350
Can you explain why you think Gen 5 is best Gen, anon? Oh and btw your explanation must be exactly what I consider to be a proper explanation, or else, you're wrong :^)
>>
>>30708113
that's a funny way of saying that you're making up bullshit on the spot and know your points are invalid
>>
>>30708078
Literally a luvdisk clone retard
>>
>>30700013
the only things that I dislike that comes to mind right now is the TERRIBLY ANNOYING WARNING that plays when your pokémon's HP is low.
FUCK
>>
>>30708534
>>first anon said gen v suffers from same thing as previous two gens (implying III / IV)
>>second anon says this thread is about gen V, not II / IV
Here's the problem.
The second anon wasn't talking about the implication at all. He was just saying 2 and 4 had random designs.

Which I mean isn't wrong.
>>
>>30708665
>By what definition exactly?
>Because a flaw is inherently a bad thing.
I googled 'define:flaw' for the definition i used.
And I may concede your point that flaws are bad things, but counter that Good & Bad are subjective.
(Certain point of view.tvtropes. I didn't agree with either Obi-Wan OR Anakin, but that doesn't mean how they feel about the subject is wrong)
>>
>>30708758
You mean like all pokemon games have had, and in the older generations would NEVER stop unless they fainted or you healed them?
>>
>>30700140
>certain features are now obsolete because there's no online anymore
you mean like in gen 4? and 6 soon? 7 will go offline in a few years, does that mean sun and moon are shit?
>>
>>30708689
1) that wasn't me, AKA, the guy asking for an explanation 2)Just stating points isn't explaining why you think your points are valid. Not sure what YOU think an explanation is. For the record, I did explain what i liked about gen 5, albeit briefly.

Try telling a chef that his cooking is shit without telling him specifically what doesn't work and why it doesn't work. Protip: He'll disregard your opinion because it holds zero water.
>>
>>30701271
That comment would be right if B2W2 hadn't come out. These games were praised by almost everyone, and gen vi followed a different path nevertheless.
>>
>>30708798
>but counter that Good & Bad are subjective.
On a personal level, yes. However we aren't currently talking on this level.
>>
>>30708764
That's totally fair.
I was confused, then, as the sentence he quoted literally starts with
>A lot of designs suffer from problems of the last two gens
And then goes on to say that the thread is about gen V, not II / IV.
I clearly thought that he was directly responding to the first sentence of the quote he linked.
>>
>>30708758
but i liked the warning sound here. they made an entire song out of it and didn't make it as obnoxious as the previous gens
>>
File: eN8yutX.png (160KB, 488x391px) Image search: [Google]
eN8yutX.png
160KB, 488x391px
>>30700013
>OP asks people to explain why they dislike gen 5
>Anons do that
>Unovabortions still crying because they are expecting random anons to deliver a critical, Stanford-level, in-depth analysis worthy of being set in a diamond-encrusted plaque and hung in the goddamn President's office
Just give it up. Gen 5 is trash. Only good thing to come from it were waifus
>>
>>30708922
You missed out the part where the anons didn't actually explain anything.
>>
>>30708882
>On a personal level, yes. However we aren't currently talking on this level.
>>30700013
>Explain why you dislike this gen.

We're not?

I am not trying to be a shitstick, but that is literally the level that OP put us on...
It's his own damn fault for saying
'explain why your dislikes are valid'
because from an objective standpoint: that is fucking impossible.
>>
>>30702116
nigga what the fuck are you on
>>
>>30708975
"We" is currently referring to me and you.
Not this entire thread.
>>
>>30708922
i'm just expecting a one sentence explanation for each point. you guys didn't even give that much
>>
>>30708975
explain why YOU think your dislikes are valid
>>
>>30708922
Nigga there's a big fucking spectrum between trash and 10/10 GOTYAY.

Gen 5 was good. Not outstanding, not trash. But just good. It had some flaws, like the sprites and the linearity of it, but it was by no means a horrible game.

Had the best legendary music to date(Musketeer trio) and had some awesome mons. Golurk, Gigalith, Conkeldurr, Darmanitan, Volcarona, Chandelure, and more.

The fact that it had only new mons in the first games made it feel fresh and new.

I loved Gen5.
Gen4 is still my overall favourite though, and Gen7 is shaping up to be my second favourite.
>>
>>30703428
it was bad in comparison with the 4th gen, especially DPPt
>>
Unova 1 is very boring and unremarkable as a region, the map feels way too corridor-like for the duration of the main story, I don't like most of the human character designs that generation, it's too story-centric for my taste, many Pokemon evolve way too late for the game's level curve

BW2 is fantastic though
>>
>>30708922
Okay dude there's a difference between say
>>box legends were shit
and
>the box legends were generally unappealing to me, in particular Reshiram's feather penis and Zekrom's odd knuckle fins.
>>
>>30708689
Yes, I can.
>>
>>30702409
>>animations were bad, sprites looked like balls
the animations were fine, and the sprites only looked bad because the pov was so zoomed in.
>>only new pokemon available
not a negative
>>the games (more than any other pokemon game) felt like they were designed for six year olds
explain this
>>story was shit
subjective, also
>caring about story in a pokemon game
>>no memorable characters
N? Iris? Ghetsis? There were plenty.
>>box legends were shit
subjective, I personally love Zekrom
>>starters were shit
Tepig's line looks fine, but I agree with the other two being ugly.
>>didn't give a shit about victini
okay? so you don't care about a pokemon, good for you.
>>unova is fucking balls. based on a shitty-ass city that i already hate- & you don't even explore a third of the map until after the e4, yet somehow there's STILL NO FUCKING POST GAME
>I hate new york so that means this game is shit!
And that post game part doesn't make sense when B2W2 had the longest post game in the series.
>>only fucking pokemon game with a hard mode, but it's fucking locked behind clearing the damn game twice first. Bullshit.
This is an extremely minor thing to complain about. I agree, but still.
>>started the trend of most of the fun features being removed when GF decides they don't want to support online for those titles anymore
That would be gen 4, and it was Nintendo's fault.
>>
>>30709091
DPPt's OST was trash though. It didn't nearly evoke as much adventure and excitement as other generations which should be a priority of a pokemon game.
>>
>>30702411
>>Power creep was so fucking bad most previous pokemon became pretty fucking useless
this isn't even true
>>Forces you to use new pokemon instead of making them common but still giving you old Pokemon if for whatever reason you don't want to try out new ones
not a negative
>>
>>30709158
>And that post game part doesn't make sense when B2W2 had the longest post game in the series.
In his defense we're talking about BW.

>>30702409
And you
>>started the trend of most of the fun features being removed when GF decides they don't want to support online for those titles anymore
You do realise that GF and Nintendo didn't have a choice back then right?
Unlike now where everything runs on Nintendo's servers it was all on gamespy's servers and you know what happened with them.
Oh and just so you know, the first game to do that would be Crystal.
>>
>>30708758
>>30708758

If they didn't make it override major themes, like gym leader themes, boss themes and stuff, and just kept it for only normal trainer battles, it would have been fine. It's problem was that it took priority over every song.
>>
>>30709159
>Gen 4's OST
>trash
MY SIDES: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZEqdDIfsfA&t=626s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWKA-JGA-3M&t=4s
>>
>>30708995
Then I missed something, or didn't understand something, because I am now confused.
I thought I was saying there was no such thing as objective flaws, and you were trying to say that there were.
Forgive my stupidity, anon- it's early and I haven't had caffeine yet.

>>30709050
What? I literally just said that's impossible...
>>
>>30709158
>B2W2 had the longest post game in the series

I love this meme. Two Battle tower clones, some empty cities, and some shitty gimmicks does not make a long postgame. Having another full region to complete, or even 7 Battle tower clones, is what makes along postgame.
>>
>>30708810
but they don't stop on BW as well under the same conditions
>>30708896
That's what I find more annoying. I like the game's music, I don't want to hear that my pokémon is diying instead
>>
>>30709277
this. DPPt's jazz and calm music simply can't be beat IMO.
>>
>>30709300
>does not make a long postgame.
And yet it has the longest postgame yet.

>Having another full region to complete, or even 7 Battle tower clones, is what makes along postgame.
But anon. BW2 has that and more.
>>
>>30709297
you're wrong. it's not impossible to justify why you personally think something is bad. no one's asking for objective reasoning
>>
>>30709158
>explain this
It was a reboot. There were mostly new pokemon so GF could get their hooks into kids playing for the first time. All of the early game + conversations were worded in such a way that read like Cat in the Hat. Nothing new for older / competitive players until late game / postgame. Replaying is a gigantic pain, because GF didn't think kiddies would play it more than once (vs gen VI / VII you can clearly see where they made replays better for adults).

Also
>N? Iris? Ghetsis? There were plenty.
I don't remember who Iris / ghestis are. pictures might help, they might not.

>extremely minor thing to complain about.
you just summed up /vp/
>>
>>30709277
I don't see why people like the Galactic Building theme.
I understand they were going for a jazzy theme, despite it not meshing well with the feel of the team or the series, but it just comes off as a mess as it begins to add more instruments.
I mean that Bongo-ish sound just sounds terrible especially since it's a bit off.

Giratina is meh at best.
>>
>>30709255
>it was all on gamespy's servers and you know what happened with them
No, I actually don't.
What happened there?
I remember seeing the name 'gamespy' all over the place, but can't remember exactly why.
>>
>>30709381
>All of the early game + conversations were worded in such a way that read like Cat in the Hat.
What version of the game did you play exactly?
>>
>>30709347
Then I'm confused what you're asking for.
Because I gave explanations as to all the reasons I thought gen V were shit.
>>
>>30709341
You are literally delusional, either that, or you're baiting.
>>
>>30709410
>What version of the game did you play exactly?
W-white version?
Now I'm legit wondering if the copy I played was a fake... because it was such utter shit that I literally can't believe that anyone unironically enjoyed it..
>>
>>30709381
>I don't remember who Iris / ghestis are
so you haven't even played the games, got it
>>
>>30709451
There certainly is a problem if you think it's like Cat in the Hat.
>>
>>30709300
>gen 2/4 kanto
>full region
stop posting
>>
>>30709428
>Gen 5 is shit because it is linear
>because it is linear, i feel as if i have less freedom to explore the world, which i dislike

afaik, all you did was say stuff like "the new mon designs were bad"
>>
>>30709255
>In his defense we're talking about BW.
BW didn't have a third of the map unlock after you beat the elite 4, so what else would it be about?
>>
I liked it plenty when it first released. The only thing that held it back was the lack of previous Gen Pokemon before postgame (I got Black, never got the sequels, didn't have friends to trade with).

Looking back, I think the only reason I hate it so much now is because I got used to the newer mechanics and online is dead.
>>
>>30709499
>I-It isn't a full region unless I say so!

Consider suicide.
>>
>>30709404
Gamespy went belly up along with the servers that hosted all of the Nintendo Wifi stuff.
>>
>>30708086
Yes, Gen III have a lot of blobs and clashing colors
>>
>>30700140
this. all of this.
>>
>>30708310
That's no excuse
>>
>>30700013
I don't like a majority of the Pokemon, and quite a few of the ones that I really liked weren't available until I'd gotten over halfway through the game.
>>
>>30709277
The Team Galactic Building and the Veilstone City themes are great, definitely among my favorites in the series.
>>
>>30709481
gr8 b8 m8
>>30709516
did you even read my post? ffs.

>>30709458
Iris was the gym leader that became the champion? and ghestis was the big bad switch?
I literally had to google them to remember... they were that unforgettable.
>>
Why did b/w aesthetically look so terrible? It's so awfully pixelated - is there a reason for this?
>>
>>30709431
Well, the PWT is pretty much 4 facilities in one seeing as it has rentals, type master, Mix and the regular mode which was essentially the Dome.
Then there was the Subway which makes 5.
White treehollow/Black Tower were 100 floor labyrinths, so 6. (7 if you want to include the fact you can swap them)
Then there's the Battle test, which is kind of like a high score mode of sorts.

And then there's the whole of Unova 2 to explore which boasts a large degree of exploration.

Of course none of this is counting side stuff like Funfests, Join Avenue, Pokestar and the various side quests.
>>
File: 1477489672095.jpg (28KB, 615x457px) Image search: [Google]
1477489672095.jpg
28KB, 615x457px
>>30708954
>>30709006
>>30709070
>>30709116

lol these faggots have only proved you right, >>30708922
>>
>>30709866
How do you figure?
>>
>>30709850
yes, anonymous individual, i totally wasn't speaking in general or anything. i can DEFINITELY tell who you are specifically and can find your specific post easily.
>>
>>30709851
Zooming in on sprites made it look fairly bad in the same way SM looks bad when they do a close up on the models.
Also if you played it on a 3DS unless you pressed some button combo that escapes me right now it wouldn't be in the native resolution.
>>
>>30709866
>one sentence
>stanford level analysis
it would only seem that complex if you're a retard.

now stop samefagging
>>
>>30709930
this, HGSS had the same issues when they zoomed in
>>
>>30709915
I am the (You) you just responded to, and that made me kek.
>>
>>30709930
i see, ty anon. im goin' to do a playthrough of white 2 in the near future despite not liking the graphics.

>>30709968
HGSS seems way more aesthetically pleasing to me than black/white. idk why, bw just seems like worse off, to me.
>>
almost 200 posts and no one's bothered explaining their stance.

i honestly don't even care anymore, so let's just turn this into a waifu thread

pic related
>>
>>30703428
This song always comes to mind when I think of gen V. Possibly the best thing to come out of it.
>>
File: 1480847907392.jpg (134KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480847907392.jpg
134KB, 853x480px
>>30707759
>subjective opinion = invalid opinion
Neck yourself, cunt
>>
>>30710202
Is that meant to be Asuka?
>>
>>30700013
I really like BW. I'm pretty meh about BW2. I feel like the story was worse in BW2 and the added old gen mons took away from the experience, rather than add to it.
>>
>>30703036
>When half your franchise is built around ... using your favorite 'mons from older generations in newer games
No, Pokémon is not about that and never has been. Stop nitpicking.
>>
>>30710224
Yeah, took it from the drawfag thread
>>
>>30710032
this was a first page result when i looked for Karen

what the fuck
>>
File: 1478989390328.png (127KB, 402x242px) Image search: [Google]
1478989390328.png
127KB, 402x242px
>>30710270
>complaining about nitpicking
>specifically removes the part of the sentence that says about catching them all AKA nitpicking
>>
File: heard you're talking shit.png (189KB, 373x464px) Image search: [Google]
heard you're talking shit.png
189KB, 373x464px
>>30710202
Dumb Tserena Poster
>>
>>30700013
1. I hate the pokemons' designs. This may be a taste thing, sure, but let's try to look at it more objectively. The designs range from boring and uninspired to overly busy and atrocious. But worst of all, the designs stick out like a sore thumb compared to other gens. They don't even feel like pokemon.

2. Weather Wars meta. Kill me. It was the mot idiotic, gimmicky meta of all time. Garchomp's reign of terror was more fun than this.

3. Bad use of graphics and slow system operation. The pixellated sprites? The Mass Effect elevator-tier amount of time it took to save? The ugly environments. Come on.

4. Dream World. What an idiotic, unfun gimmick. The only way to access hidden abilities is to play shitty online flash games? Seriously?

5. Unova is just fucking boring. I can't recall virtually any locations except for the large city.

I will say that B2W2 was a massive improvement, but the damage was done, and it still had shitty pokemon in a shitty region with a shitty meta.
>>
>>30700302
It would be a strength if Gen 5's pokemon weren't a heaping pile of trash designs.
>>
File: 1464470407133.gif (17KB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
1464470407133.gif
17KB, 400x285px
>>30701670
Voltorb and Electrode are mimics because gen I items are giant pokeballs. It's a throwback to RPG mimic chest monsters but underage b& don't get it.
>>
>>30710789
That doesn't mean the design itself is visually appealing in the slightest
>>
>>30710464
>1. I hate the pokemons' designs. This may be a taste thing, sure, but let's try to look at it more objectively. The designs range from boring and uninspired to overly busy and atrocious. But worst of all, the designs stick out like a sore thumb compared to other gens. They don't even feel like pokemon.
This about sums it up. There's a reason most people hated these designs out of all and no matter how much you try to tell gen5ers, they'll defend them to the end but this is the gen that alienated the most fans, period.
>>
>>30704052
>N is the green autist with the Menger Sponge.
>Colress, thanks for the TM.
>Dennis.
>Muh Purrloin.
>I remember a cowboy, and Skyla.

Half of that is just because of /vp/ memes and pokégirl threads.
>>
>>30710880
Why can't you just understand that some people actually like them? I don't care if you think the majority are ugly, I love a ton of them.
>>
>>30710974
Most people think they're shit. Your hipster shitmons almost killed the franchise. But that's fine now that GameFreak has decided to slowly bring more attention to the few that deserve it with Z moves, megas and more carefully selecting what makes it into the new installments like with Sun and Moon.
>>
>>30711015
Another Anon here. You are a fucking mongoloid. Dislike them all you want, but every fucking generation has people saying: "Well these mons look like shit, this almost killed the franchise you know?"

Gen 5 has a bunch of awesome mons.
The shitty graphics and sprites made them look a lot worse, wich didn't help their case though.

There are many I started liking a whole lot better after I saw them in Gen 6's engine.

The starters are shit though. Only Serperior is acceptable.
>>
>>30710974
>>30711095
He's not saying they're objective bad, retards. He's stating that most people do in fact hate them, and it alienated a lot of people from the franchise. What's so hard to understand about this?
>>
>>30711188
If you want to be honest, BW was indeed the closest pokémon ever got to death, sales wise.
You also need to sum both B2&W2 to outsell Platinum.
>>
>>30710974
They're shit because they don't fit. There are a number I like, but overall they simply do NOT look like pokemon compared to the designs from other gens (with the exception of Megas and UBs, which also don't look like pokemon, but it's fine and makes sense in these specific and rare cases). And for the love of fuck, Darmanitan. That thing is indefensible as a design for a pokemon. And the genies? Please.

Then we have the hideously boring Unfezant, elemental monkeys, and whatnot that DO look like pokemon, but are just extremely BORING.

To add to that, half of the Unova dex was essentially overdesigned remakes of the Kanto dex! Except, you know, Conkeldurr, Audino, Sawk/Throh, Bouffalant, etc. look like garbage compared to their inspirations).

Sure, there are some gems hidden in there like Whimsicott, Volcarona, etc., but that cannot make up for the nightmarish hell that was the rest of the generation.
>>
File: 1473571180252.png (287KB, 640x548px) Image search: [Google]
1473571180252.png
287KB, 640x548px
>>30710821
>tfw i like electrode
>>
>>30711290
> Darmanitan
> Not fucking awesome

Are you fucking dense? Darmanitan is awesome. So does Conkeldurr and Bouffalant.

All I am seeing is "I DON'T LIKE THESE SO YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER REEEEEEEEEEE"

Here's one for you: Most, if not all of Gen 2's mons look like utter shit. There's a certain "style" to them that makes them look too bubbly and cartoony. There are only two or three that aren't horseshit, and one is the starter line of Totodile.

Shit like Jumpluff, Furret, Ledian, Stantler, Qwillfish, and Sunflora are all fucking terrible designs.

However, you don't see me claiming that these mons are shit that doesn't fit and ruins the franchise REEEEE. I just don't like em.
>>
>>30708874
This is GF we're talking about. They're the kings of throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

BW2 didn't sell too well? Fuck everything related to it, Kanto 2.0 here we go!
>>
>>30710789
>People still don't know the difference between a concept and a design
The concept is that it's a Pokéball mimic, and that's cool. The design, on the other hand, is literally a Pokéball with a face, and then the same thing flipped upside down, and that's pretty lame if you ask me. I can forgive Voltorb because it's a basic stage but Electrode is just lazily designed.
>>
File: 1453607158693.jpg (79KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1453607158693.jpg
79KB, 1280x960px
>>30700013
To be honest, I have to really strain my memory to recall much of Gen 5 beyond what was going in my life around the time I played it. BW2 was even more of a blur.

I think, with everything else taken out of the equation, that is the biggest crime of Gen 5 to me. It was just so unremarkable compared to every other Gen I've played. I can say the same of Gen 6.

I want to say that part of it is I'm now a much older adult playing these games (I was in college during Gen 3), but I have very fond memories of Gen 4 which was almost entirely post college. And so far Gen 7 has been a load of fun (even if most of my friends are all too busy doing their own thing for us to have any time to trade or battle).

I really just think Gen 5 left no impressions on me. I remember playing both Black and Black 2, I remember things like Join Avenue, the weird layout and linear gameplay, the plot with N and Ghetsis, but it's just so... fuzzy. I even have favorites from that gen (Crustle, Beartic, Volcarona, Conkeldurr), but largely most of the Pokemon were just forgettable. Especially the legendaries and starters.

The build up to Gen 5 was pretty hype though. The Coroco leaks (and fakes) were good times and I remember well how much /vp/ collectively shit themselves over Wottergate.
>>
>>30711819
I agree.
I mostly remember just wanting to fight Adderal or whatever the old champion was before being raided by team Plasma, and how much I hated the C-gear.

Dennis was a nice fight with that puppeteer of his, but that was it.
>>
>>30700013
Because it's my opinion and I swear unovabortions are worse than hoennbabbies with dealing with differing opinons. These daily threads prove it
>>
>>30711819
Not sure the anon who said it earlier in thread, but a lot of the designs definitely did not feel like Pokemon.

I felt the same way about Gen 3, though. It took a long time to accept designs like Blaziken, Dusclops and Shiftry into the canon.

But stuff like Conkeldurr, Klinklang, Zebstrika, Basculin.. Jesus, so many overdesigned and garish Pokemon that just leap out at you.

I think it makes sense now why it feels like there are fewer Gen 5 Pokemon in Gen 6 and 7 than the other gens. Whether the numbers support that or not I don't know, but it does feel like the popular ones (Whimsicott comes to mind) got the OK but the rest just sort of vanished into history. Plus there's only one Gen 5 mega, which is kind of shameful if you ask me.
>>
>>30712408
>Conkeldurr, Klinklang, Zebstrika, Basculin
>Overdesigned and garish
It's fine that you don't like them but I wouldn't call any of those overdesigned or garish. Especially not Basculin, it's literally just my mother's fish.
>>
>>30712408
Wait, I kinda agree with you about the rest, but Zebstrika? I'ld say that's one of the more straight forward designs of the gen, it's just a reversed color zebra with jagged lightning stripes because electric.
>>
>>30708737
>Actually workable stats
>Better design
>Based off different fishes entirely
Alomomola is better than that garbage mon.
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.