[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like the Rotom Pokédex?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: Rotom.jpg (250KB, 1000x870px) Image search: [Google]
Rotom.jpg
250KB, 1000x870px
Do you like the Rotom Pokédex?
>>
>>30698591

I like how gritty and real it is, All the death and survival of the fittest pokedex entries.
>>
No, I don't like having an annoying mascot-wannabe constantly making non-sequiturs and handholding me through the plot. Nothing Rotomdex brought to the table was an upgrade to the Gen VI dex.
>>
>>30698591
The holo background for the legendaries is cool
>>
Actually yes. I love how enthusiastic he was when completing the Pokedex. It made me actually care because I wanted to know what he was going to say.
>>
File: 1480480697478.png (240KB, 507x636px) Image search: [Google]
1480480697478.png
240KB, 507x636px
I wouldn't mind him if he wasn't always taking up the bottom screen so no quick shortcuts to bag or pokemon and no PSS.
>>
I largely ignored it.
>>
>>30698591
No.
>Is a Rotom inside the pokedex
>Is not listed in the pokedex
Seriously, what the fuck?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-11-26-07h31m06s672.png (472KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-11-26-07h31m06s672.png
472KB, 1280x738px
he's always staring at me
>>
>>30698591
It's okay. Keeps reminding me of Lillie and Hau now that I beat the game. Kinda miss them constantly pestering me.
>>
I miss the easy access buttons on the bottom screen for team/options/items/etc
Sometimes I tap the bottom screen on reflex and it shows me the map instead
>>
>>30698591
Yeah, I don't mind having a chatty companion especially since we're still the silent protagonist.
>>
>>30698591
Objectively the worst dex in the series due to lack of national dex.
>>
>>30698744
This. The little guy was quite encouraging, and let's be real, one needs all the encouragement they can get when grinding away at this shit.

The perpetual map isn't so bad, either. Actually did come in handy a few times when trying to puzzle out how to find items in obscure places.
>>
i thought the logic of it was too conflicting to the basic premise of the game
i'm traveling along with this pokemon yet it isn't actually a real pokemon
>>
>>30699101
>tfw I keep pressing X
Why? WHY? every generation has to drop what previous have achieved?
>>
>>30699101
This
>>
File: 1345098423573.png (145KB, 500x622px) Image search: [Google]
1345098423573.png
145KB, 500x622px
>>30699198
Remember the auto-run button in HGSS?
>>
>>30699101
I miss the HGSS bottom screen. I remember starting Black recently and wonderinf if the game was broken because my bottom screen was blank at the beginning
>>
I loathe it.

The dex talks like an annoying, middle class spic teenager who thinks he's cool. I wish there could be an option to mute it.
>>
>>30698591
>transparent attempt to sell merch, same as with cringe-moves, lillie nebby shit, etc.
>spews reddit tier ""quirky"" lines constantly
>slows everything down by giving his worthless comments on every pokemon you catch and picture you take with his clippy bullshit
>no fucking national dex, all you get is bongo bongo dex and ooga booga dex
>wastes the touch screen with the minimap, actually not even that, MOST OF THE SCREEN IS WASTED ON HIS UGLY BLINKING FACE, with the (useless) minimap confined to a tiny square at the bottom, so you can't see your party and eggs without opening the menu, you don't have quick access menu buttons at the bottom, you can't see online friends and players because it was just too convenient and so was changed into the microsoft bob which you have to go to every time instead of just switching the app and checking it quickly
>no world map option on bottom screen, not that it would help since nobody can tell the difference between generic ooga booga isle and the mediocre hula hula ongo bongo isle and their bland and useless routes, and both of the game's towns are also empty
>no record news either, because they were moved back to the TV, oh wait, all the TV has is malalsalsadaladalalalada shilling all day long
if the shitty basis for the region didn't tip you off, rotom dex was the moment when it became clear that the writing was on the wall for this game
>>
>The blinking animation
>We lost the PSS in exchange for an undersized minimap that stops working properly in non-main route areas and only adds a flag that tells you where to go
>The PSS's substitute is shit
>Keeps yapping if you catch a new mon
Fuck Rotom, even the lack of a bottom screen from Gen 1-3 was better than this shit
>>
>>30698591
rotomdex is for lewd
>>
>>30698591
I didn't mind him until the postgame when he kept telling me to do things I already did.

Otherwise, he's fine.
>>
>>30698591
I liked it so much it is now my waifu
>>
>>30698591
A waste of the bottom screen, Gen6 did it better.
>>
>>30699371
wew lad
>>
Should have had the option to send Rotom Pokedex Forme into battle, Electric/Steel with some sort of attack relevant to being a pokedex.
Conversion 2, I suppose.
>>
He's mostly annoying in the game.
I kind of like him in the anime.
>>
>>30699149
I imagine it'll be patched in once bank comes around
>>
File: Bank Nat Dex.jpg (464KB, 938x634px) Image search: [Google]
Bank Nat Dex.jpg
464KB, 938x634px
>>30700631
They way they describe it, that's only true from a certain point of view.
A National Dex will be patched in, but into Bank, not Sun and Moon.
>>
>can't use Rotomdex in battle

WHY
H
Y
>>
>>30701133
That's how I read it too. Bank will get the update, SM won't. Makes some sense. SM gives you the Shiny Charm at finishing the Aloladex and datamining didn't(?) uncover any incentive to do all 800-whatever we now have.
>>
>>30698674
But it's not like you couldn't just ignore him. He didn't have any audio and apart from a couple of times, he was just on the bottom screen.
Keeping kids on track is nice, I just wish they would have really used him and the map to go less linear rather than super linear. With someone telling what to do and a map telling you where to go, it's hard even for a stupid kid to get lost.
>>
I want to fuck her
>>
>>30698747
>>30699807
>>30699087
>>30700001
>>30701210

>He
>Him
>>
>>30698591
>no menu buttons
>takes up 40% of the bottom screen with a red outline and stupid fucking eyes so I can't check pokemon status just by looking
>minimap could be bigger but instead they put a picture of fucking rotom there that never goes away

>THEY REMOVED PSS FOR A SMALL MAP AND A PICTURE OF ROTOM'S FUCKING EYES

fuck rotom pokedex
can't even catch rotom in the fucking game so it's even worse
>>
>>30701133

God I hope it's a two way syncronization. It won't be though.
>>
No because I got every pokemon on every island, every island has a gold crown on it, but my pokedex is only 99% complete and I can't get my charm
>>
It's alright and cute. I miss the X button to close all the menus tho
>>
>>30704124
You must have missed something then. Your game is not experiencing a unique glitch that no one else is reporting.
>>
>>30698591
I like the concept, the execution was shit.
how shitty of a life must you have to be able to inhabit a pokedex, that doesn't have an entry about you... poor fucking rotom

>>30704124
what are you missing, anon?
how many 'mon do you have, total?
you DO know you need all the ultra beasts, right? you won't complete it all just doing the islands...
>>
>>30704124
Did you get all 7 UBs and Necrozma?
>>
I'd like it if it didn't pointlessly take up the entire bottom screen.
>>
>>30704124
>Type: Null
>Silvally
>Zygarde
>Cosmog
>Cosmoem
>Solgaleo
>Lunala
>Nihilego
>Buzzwole
>Pheromosa
>Xurkitree
>Celesteela
>Kartana
>Guzzlord
>Necrozma

There are fifteen Pokémon necessary to complete the Alola dex that aren't in any of the island dexes.
>>
>>30699865
He's right though.
>>
I like it.
>>
>>30698591
literally the worse, most pointless bottom screen ever, the region is so linear there's no point of an objective indicator even my retarded dog can figure out where to go and it doesn't even keep track of those sidequests scattered around the region.
And none of its line are funny in any way shape or form (or make think of "this really sounds like something Rotom would say if it was able to talk" for that matter)
Can't believe DexNav and PSS died for this
>>
>>30698591
I like his lust for fem boys.
>>
>>30698735
When I discovered this I lost my mind senpai
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.