[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ptcgg/ Stable Meta Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 13

File: 94.jpg (71KB, 400x557px) Image search: [Google]
94.jpg
71KB, 400x557px
New? Check the pastebin for advice on starting the game, client information, a guide on the various theme decks/products you can redeem in-game and more.
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

You can also check this FAQ:
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges (Cheat Engine's speedhack strongly recommended to speed up AI games)
>play through using Basic decks to unlock them for versus play
>farm Versus Mode theme ladder for Tokens and Tournament Tickets
>Enter Theme format tournaments whenever possible
>enter Standard/Expanded ticket tournaments and accept that you'll lose
>you'll get tradable tournament chests and sometimes tradable packs. DON'T OPEN THEM
>Instead, trade them for the cards you actually want for a deck you want to build, most cards go for like 1-3 packs each.
>Public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers.
>if you don't know what deck you want to build yet, see http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/tcg-competitive-play.156/ or check out tournament results for a list of viable decks http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-four/

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth, look on the PTCGO forums in the trading section. Top Cut & other big trading companies will typically overprice cards, expect to get lower
>http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/33-in-game-item-exchange/

Tips for Code Giveaways:
>Post them as an image with the QR code covered. Don't just post it as plain text because of bots lurking threads

>Your Old Cards
Go ask TCGplayer, Troll and Toad, or eBay instead of us since we don't care that much about ancient Pokemon cards

OLD
>>30663547
>>
twitch tv/pokemontcg_eu
Day 3 of european championships happening now.
>>
File: healthy meta.jpg (96KB, 1024x488px) Image search: [Google]
healthy meta.jpg
96KB, 1024x488px
Its like im back in 2012
>>
File: 1462083103953.png (96KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1462083103953.png
96KB, 600x600px
Which of the 4 2016 championship decks would you guys say is the most strategically sound?
>>
File: WIN_20161211_08_58_38_Pro.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20161211_08_58_38_Pro.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
>>30696875
Also a code from the black dragon deck, enjoy.
>>
>>30696903
Thanks Famalam
>>
Should I switch from Darkrai Giratina to Yveltal Garbodor?
>>
>>30697490
Wait for SM meta.
>>
Where were you when yveltal killed the tcg
>>
>>30698240
H-here. The lack of imgination triggers me.
>>
This may be a stupid question but as I'm really new to the TCG.

When is the new "generation" set of cards hitting the west? I'm talking about those decks with Incineroar, Decidueye and Primarina, with GX moves.
>>
HOLE LEE SHIT YVELTAL WON EUROPE INTYS NO 1 SAW THIS ROGUE DECK COMING GG PRIM PRAM
>>
>>30699024
February
>>
File: 250px-595Joltik.png (49KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-595Joltik.png
49KB, 250x250px
Leave the meta to me
>>
>Standard is a good format

t. cucks who spent all of their money on it and are suffering from sunk cost fallacy
>>
What is /ptcgg/'s card sleeve of choice? Looking to get some for my brother and myself for Christmas.
>>
>>30700993
Well, expanded isn't balanced either.

I played this game right when it began and even then, most of the cards were garbage. I thought by now it would be balanced, but after playing for about 3 months, it seems to have gotten worse.

I kinda hope SM fixes the game.
>>
>bullying based death bird

The trash bag is the problem. No hard counters for it is a huge fucking deal.
>>
>>30701637

Yeah, and Yveltal-EX hasn't been absolute top tier since release when they went and fucking printed it in the same rotation as Dark Patch, Dark Claw, Darkrai-EX and Laserbank.

They should have just banned it back at XY-on when it was at a 90% usage rate across countless regionals. It's hideously overpowered and was a mistake even larger than Seismitoad-EX. It's not fun, it doesn't create interesting decks or plays and just makes literally everything else obsolete.
>>
>>30701731
Yveltal-EX isn't overpowered. It's certainly good, don't get me wrong, but there's nothing broken about it. And this is proven by the fact that jut hasn't done this well in a long time. Its usage has waxed and waned since it was released. I will at least concede it should have rotated already, like Toad did.

On the other hand, a Pokémon that negates abilities that can only be stopped by being knocked out is cancer.
>>
>>30701885

You mean when TPCi acknowledged it was a mistake and made Dark utter shit for six straight sets to try and power it down, and as soon as they printed BKT Zoroark it shot straight back up to tier 1 again?

Also Garbodor was a horrendous, horrendous mistake. I know they only want it to be big EXes smashing into each other and no strategy, but COME ON.
>>
>>30695624
It's Garbodor's world, we just live in it.

>>30699024
The English edition won't give you the GX versions in theme decks, you'll have to get lucky with booster packs or buy them separately. The latter option probably won't be too expensive, though.
>>
SNORLAX GX UPDATE WHEN
>>
Expanded or Standard and why?
>>
Posting just to say Im a retard that until today believed that packs won from CHALLENGES were locked and was angry because he thought that the game wasn't giving to me.

Peace
>>
Tool removal fucking WHEN
>>
My gf just left me for a black yveltal... should I find me a qt yveltal gf or no
>>
>>30705479
Let's hope for a SM promo card, or at least one in SM's second set.

Just reprint Tool Scrapper or Startling Megaphone already, god damn it
>>
Can someone post the versus rewards this time around? I can't for the life of me find it otherwise.
>>
File: Ladder.png (803KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Ladder.png
803KB, 1366x768px
>>30706065
>>
>>30707670
Just got up to these rewards. Can you really only win 10-15 points each time? Seems like it'd take forever to get to 2000 that way.
>>
>>30706065
Thank you!

>>30708650
Yep, that's the limit. I've hit 2000 a few times and it takesa dozen plus hours to hit that mark. I think I played 30 min to an hour a day to maintain the pace.

Not sure the devs would want to change that in a way that made it easier. A few options do exist- other games have 2x exp events and similar ways to increase xp or whatever the equivalent is.
>>
Should i buy the 500 decks?
>>
>>30708822

>A few options do exist- other games have 2x exp events and similar ways to increase xp or whatever the equivalent is.

That sounds like those games with cross-promotions with junk food for perks and items, except that it will be Pokemon themed snacks like the ones they have in Japan
>>
>>30709577
You should buy one of them.
>>
>>30709875
Which one do you recommend?
>>
File: trade.png (131KB, 818x241px) Image search: [Google]
trade.png
131KB, 818x241px
Is this a fair trade?
>>
>>30709978
Can probably get him for five packs, maybe four if you're lucky/patient.
>>
File: Lurantis-GX-Sun-Moon.jpg (292KB, 681x889px) Image search: [Google]
Lurantis-GX-Sun-Moon.jpg
292KB, 681x889px
Convince me this thing wont be broken as shit

>[G] Flower Supply: 40 damage. Attach 2 basic Energy from your discard pile to your Pokemon in any way you like.

>[G][G][C] Solar Blade: 120 damage. Heal 30 damage from this Pokemon.

>[G] Chloro-Size GX: 50x damage. This attack does 50 damage times the number of [G] Energy attached to this Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack a game.)
>>
>>30710952
>grass energy
it's shit
>>
>>30710952
>weak to Volcanion
>nothing in the meta weak to Grass
>GX attack needs 4 energy to OHKO most threats
>120 damage for 3 energy is below curve

I don't think it's terrible by any means. With FoGP it's probably the best GX out of the gate. You can set up several in a reasonable amount of time. But the problem is just that energy cost is too high.
>>
>>30704525
Expanded: item lock the format
Standard: ability lock the format

Pick your cancer
>>
File: XY5_EN_142.png (136KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
XY5_EN_142.png
136KB, 245x342px
>>30712366
Got ya covered family.
>>
>>30713837
With a CC retreat cost I'm guessing people would play a 3-1 Float Stone to Weakness Policy ratio.
>>
>greninja-break in standard
I got raped every time
>>
>>30708650
you can beat it day 1 by playing legacy where there is a gentleman's agreement thing. Whoever wins the right to flip the coin - the other player concedes. It happens like, four times out of five on Day 1 of a new ladder. But at this end of the month it is hard to find any willing opponents. The people doing it are all done by now and the remaining people want to actually play the format.
>>
>>30714091

Do you just run into something with Garbodor 9 out of 10 times?
>>
>>30701427
Anons please
>>
Plain dragon shield have always served me well. I'm not sure if they are all that much better than something cheaper, but they've never broken or anything.
>>
>>30710952
Alone it sucks. It's a definite buff to Beedrill and Venusaur though.
>>
>>30701427
I stick to regular black but looking for that lillie or golden magikarp if they lowers price.
>>
>>30717200
Dragonshields if you want something that'll last for a while. Ultra pro if you don't mind being gentle while you shuffle since they tear easier
>>
I'm going to put together that typhlosion meme deck since it's cheap af. How bad will I do against other people?
>>
>>30717200
KMCs. I prefer non matte.
>>
>>30718804

>Non-matte sleeves

Do you enjoy replacing them every (other) tournament when the judges become too anal about sleeve conditions? This is also why I can't stand using the smooth Dragon Shields and Players Choice sleeves since they scratch rather easily
>>
>>30719030
I haven't found a brand of matte that I like the texture of. Normal KMCs are super slippery, It's fun.
>>
rip
>>
File: seismitoad_by_xous54-d4o61hw.png (136KB, 573x542px) Image search: [Google]
seismitoad_by_xous54-d4o61hw.png
136KB, 573x542px
>>30699708
Leave the meta to me
>>
File: IMG_3644.jpg (214KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3644.jpg
214KB, 640x640px
Got my booster boxes today, these were the secret rares I got
>>
>>30722780
How many boxes did you get? And are the card lists for Sun and Moon anywhere?
>>
>>30722907
>How many boxes did you get?

He probably got two, you're guaranteed a UR/HR/SR in a Japanese box now.

>And are the card lists for Sun and Moon anywhere?

Here you go.

>http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/12/collection-sun-and-moon-sets-leaking
>>
>>30723333
Oh, I would have seen that post if it was done by WPM. Did he die or something?
>>
>>30722907
>>30723333
Yeah I got one of each.
>>
>>30723370

WPM has been doing less and less on the site due to college, but he's still the admin and occasionally posts.

I guess he's could still a bit salty about TPCi "kindly" asking him to not post prerelease data from areas that have their prereleases weeks before the rest of the world does.
>>
>>30695207
is there any reason why a reverse holorare is worth less than a holorare?
>>
>>30726521
In general the opposite is true.
>>
>>30726709
And here I thought pulling a reverse Raichu meant something. But nope, worth half than a reg Raichu. :/
>>
>>30722780
I am no waifu obsessor, but dayum that Lillie is a goddamn fine looking card.
>>
Is tehre a deck focused on poison?
>>
>>30728303
Sceptile but people prefer vespiqueen/vileplume for grass consistency.
>>
>>30722780
Are the normal full arts still textured, or just glossy?

Is it just hyper rares that are textured in SM? All of the photos have been too small for me to tell.
>>
>>30730231
normal full arts are still textured
>>
>>30722780
them some nice looking cards. i want 2-3 of those espeons for a deck.
>>
File: 429px-EeveeCollectionMoon48.jpg (71KB, 429x599px) Image search: [Google]
429px-EeveeCollectionMoon48.jpg
71KB, 429x599px
is this the worst art on an official card ever?
>>
>>30710952
why is it GX only and no regular print? same for Lunala and Solgaleo.
>>
>>30732051
I thought that was an old card until I saw the sun and moon layout, fuck that's bad.
>>
>>30732051
Haha, holy shit that is awful, its eyes look like they could slide right off. But that gives it a certain charm too, dough Eevee is cute!
>>
>>30732051
that thing looks like it headbutted things too many times. like it slept with its head on a pokeball since birth. why did they make it jelly bean shaped. it looks like its melting.
>>
So doing some research for another topic I stumbled upon some information. The Japanese only VS set was indeed printed in english and handed out as prizes for the topical mega battle. Does anyone have any scans?
>>
>>30732051
i love it
>>
>>30732154
Because they didn't want give one mon multiple cards in one set (only the English set duplicates the starters, in Japanese neither versions are in the sets). There probably will be non-GX versions of at least some later down the road.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.