[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6

File: fairy_type.png (134KB, 530x292px) Image search: [Google]
fairy_type.png
134KB, 530x292px
How do you feel about it?
>>
Just make Fairy the second type of every new Pokemon.
>>
its quite a fairy odd type addition
>>
>>30695019
Typing is OP as Steel and is as poorly defined as Dark. Designs were easily the worst of the 18 types before gen 7 came along.
>>
>>30695019
gen 6 sucked
>>
>>30695019
its either my second or third favorite type
>>
wouldn't have been necessary if they just un-nerfed psychic types

makes psychic types useless cause they do what they do but better basically
>>
Has some of the best designs in the series, fills a nice niche typewise.
>>
A completely unnecessary intermediate type to try to bridge the gap between dragons and the shittiness of offensive steel/poison moves.

Could have just as easily made poison and steel super effective against dragon and made poison immune to dragon.
>>
>>30695019
Shouldn't have had the bug resist
>>
>>30695019
Needs one more weakness and to lose the Bug resistance
>>
>>30695019
not strong enough
>>
>>30695093
I swear they only did that for Gardevoir
>>
>>30695019
A needed patch after how things were in Gen 5
>>
>>30695019
Worst designed type that is completely unnecessary.
>>
Too little Pokemon in it that I like.
Only one I really like is Whimsicott.
Silvally is the only other one, but that's a special case.
>>
>>30695195

>Silvally
>Fairy

I mean sure if you equip the fairy item but its normal by default
>>
my second favorite type
>>
>>30695204
That's why it's a special case
>>
I like it.

regards, homosexual
>>
Completely resisting dragon is goddamn bullshit and Gamefreak knows it. It makes no goddamn sense.
>>
>>30695071
Psychic should resist and be SE on Fairy really that would have been good all around.
>>
>>30695311
>you mean being immune to Dragon.

It was their rationale for stopping outrage Spam I guess. Give it a couple of gens and it will just be a resistance not an immunity.
>>
>>30695071
>>30695324
psychic isn't even bad it just suffers the same problem fire has,being weak to 2 incredibly common attack types
>>
>>30695019
Needs another weakness tbqh
>>
>>30695019
Love the type but hate those Pokemon designs that are plant/flower-like.
>>
It's fair(l)y OP.

It's weak to the two most underrepresented typings, with some of the worst movepools in terms of shit that's going to OHKO anything weak to it. The end result is that very sweepers pick decent coverage moves against defensive fairy typings (which is fucking all of them).

Add to that, most Steel types are slow and bulky as opposed to sweepers themselves; and even then, they're on the slow end of fast if not just outright slow (Scizor).

Poison types have a very rough ride as wall breakers; it's pretty much only Gengar. So relying on a strong poison type sweeper to STAB fuck Fairy types is wishful thinking. I can't emphasize enough how inaccessible the stronger poison type move are to non-poison type pokemon.

So Fairy is so great because it fucks up the most commonly used, and strongest STAB typings (Dragon, Fight, Dark), and is only vulnerable to very few specific pokemon with access to stronger Poison and Steel moves.

The immunity to Dragon definitely helps, but Fairy's real strength is in how specific its counters are due to being weak to only Poison and Steel. GF would need to proliferate a move like Gunk Shot to move non poison type pokemon. Moves at pow 90 non STAB, like Sludge Wave/Bomb, are still 2HKOs non boosted.

Then there's Steel, where you can chalk up non STAB options to Iron Head, Iron Tail, and maybe a Flash Cannon for coverage. Luckily, it's much easier to use STAB Steel than it is to use STAB Poison.
>>
>>30695019
Good, but the resistance to bug is retarded.
>>
>>30695019
It's OP as fuck, the Bug resist was unecessary, and it fucked sucked design-wise before Gen 7: everything bar a few exceptions was pink blobs

Gen 7 seems to be going in more interesting directions such as the Tapu as fairies, so maybe in Gen 8 we'll get cooler Fairies
>>
>>30695019
Ruined by retards who've never read a non-disney fairy tale in their lives.
>>
Overkill for fighting types. Resist or SE is fine but both in the gen of flying type boosts and now Tapus everywhere has seen fighting types at an all new low
>>
>>30695532
fighting needed to be taken down a notch
>>
File: 246.png (407KB, 657x717px) Image search: [Google]
246.png
407KB, 657x717px
>>30695019
>>
File: 1479439309730.jpg (37KB, 800x559px) Image search: [Google]
1479439309730.jpg
37KB, 800x559px
>>30695019
It's my favorite type now. Dragons needed to be kicked down a notch.
>>
>>30695284
This.
>>
>>30695455
Yup. Bug should at least resist fairy or be immune to it(beings that maintain nature who are real, not fake). Same for grass.
>>
>>30695853
It's cute, though.
>>
>>30695550
A notch, yes. Hence me saying SE or resist is okay but see how far fighting types fell out this meta
>>
>>30695501
I agree! Medieval fairy stories are creepy! Creepy!
>>
Gen 8 should add a fairy-type pseudo-legendary based on a tiger, in my honest opinion.
>>
It nerfed my 2nd least favorite type (Dragon) and buffed my favorite type (Poison) so I am happy with the addition of Fairy type.
>>
I liked it at first but then they slapping it on pokemon for no fucking reason.
>>
>>30695019
Unbalanced and unnecessary
>>
>>30695019
it should be weak to bug.

it's fucking fairies. They would be scared of bugs. COME ON GAMEFREAK
>>
>>30695550

I don't think you know what notch means.
>>
>>30695455
Fire resisting it is weird, too. Should've been Grass that resisted it.
>>
>>30695110

Good joke.
>>
>>30696129
fairies protect nature and are general assholes,why would they be afraid of a dumb bug?cold steel and fresh slices of bread are what scares them
>>
>>30695599
>It's my favorite type now. Dragons needed to be kicked down a notch.
Except Fairy did a greater number against all the other types BUT dragon
>>
>>30696166
explain for each and every type
>>
>>30696164
Because fairies are girly and girly girls don't like bugs
>>
>>30696166
Nice meme kiddo
Wonder why you almost never see Outrage anymore?
>>
>>30696331
Bugs are part of nature's forces. They're like fairies, but real. Hence why they should resist fairies.
>>
>>30696414
but fairies are real in the pokemon world why would bugs resist them? it should just be neutral between them
>>
>>30696143
Fire resists fairy just because of Charizard and Blaziken.

Fairy resists bug just because of Gardewaifu.

Steel resists fairy just because of Lucario.

Poison resists fairy just because of Gengar.

You know it's true.
>>
Should have just buffed Ice instead. Fuck you game freak, you made ice to be the original dragon slaying type and never fucking delivered on making it not shit
>>
>>30696485
Well then, let's have them resist each other.
>>
>>30695019
They made Fairy to nerf Dragon but now Fairy is the new Dragon and needs to be nerfed.

It needs new weaknesses.
>>
>>30695335
just like how dark is only resistant to psychic now, right?
>>
Needs more weaknesses, make it weak to Bug and Grass. Other than that, I like it for stopping PRESS OUTRAGE TO WIN
>>
>>30695019
I like it conceptually. It fills the niche of a "magic" type that isn't psychokinetic. Pokemon like Jigglypuff and Clefairy weren't exactly normal in the way Ratatta and Stantler are, and they're not psychic either, so fairy type makes sense.

But gameplay-wise it's OP as fuck
>>
>>30695019
Probably my favourite type considering a lot of my favouirte Pokemon designs are Fairy
>>
>>30695019
While it does shit on a decent number of my favorite pokemon, I'd say the alternative to a fairyless meta is worst. But I personally say the bug resist should be swapped. I am pretty sure spiders and wasps could easily kill a fairy.
>>
>>30695019
I fine with it, it's not as OP as people claim, it's among the best types with Steel and Water but not broken.
>>
I still don't know what fairy resists or is weak against I just hurl watever I have and hope it dosent resist it.
>>
>>30699774
Fuck off back to your GO thread
>>
All it needs is a third, common weakness. Steel and Poison do fucking nothing because most (read: MOST) Steel and Poison Pokemon are complete garbage offensively and most of the REALLY good Fairies have absolutely absurd defenses (which I guess is the gimmick of the typing to be fair but Gen VII completely broke that rule with literally all of the Tapus) or typing that makes at least one half of their weaknesses ineffective.

If they were going to have Fairy being weak against Fire then they should have gone whole sale and made Fire super effective against Fairy as well. It makes sense thematically (most Fairy folk live in Forests and forest fires completely BTFO of Fairies according to muh jap anne mays) and it gives Fire moves and Fire types more offensive presence to make up for the fact that get cucked by Sneaky Stones
>>
>>30700320
If anything, they should be weak to a bad type like psychic or ice.

Fire doesn't needs any more buffs.
>>
>>30695019
I like how they work, but design wise they're intuitive. Almost anything else can have its typing figured out by appearance, but more often than not with fairy it isn't the case
>>
>>30695019

I don't like it.

but I do sorta enjoy not liking it.

I dunno man...
>>
>>30695430
Scizor has STAB Burrito Punch numbnuts, its Speed doesn't matter
>252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 338-402 (85.7 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
>>
>>30700651
for the millionth time, Ice does not need more offensive power

everyone loves Ice Beam already
what no one loves is ACTUALLY BEING AN ICE TYPE

It needs two more resistances, should be Grass and Water (no, I don't care if it "doesnt make sense scientifically", just let the ice type have this while also nerfing water)

Grass needs to resist Fairy

Bug needs to be super effective on Fairy

there, I fixed the type chart
>>
>>30701498
Hire this man GF
>>
>>30701498
Ice is OK.
It's funny that Ice is not COOL enough for you.
>>
File: 1480796374443.png (339KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1480796374443.png
339KB, 670x503px
What I find most problematic about fairy is that all the types that resist it have a common fucking weakness that's also one of the most widespread moves in the fucking game.
>>
>>30700320
>Steel and Poison do fucking nothing because most (read: MOST) Steel and Poison Pokemon are complete garbage offensively

I don't know about Poison, but for Steel that is absolute nonsense. Out of all the OU/Ubers Steel types, only Skarmory, Magnezone, and Celesteela are used for their defensive traits, and Celesteela still hits like a truck anyway.

The real reason you don't see many Steel attacks is because there aren't very many good ones (hence why you see Iron Head a lot) and you just don't need a move specifically for taking down fairies, ice, and rock.
>>
>>30701392
I know what Scizor has, retard, that's not the point of the post. It's just demonstrating that strong and FAST Steel types don't exist, and Scizor makes up the full list of Steel types capable of sweeper through Fairy, and only because of STAB Technician Bullet Punch.

When your threats are that niche, it makes a whole typing very strong defensively.

>>30704968
I made this point earlier. Steel has a weak movepool for non steel types; and strong Steel types either fill niches (Magnezone) and are otherwise very hard to carry on a team, or they're like Skarmory and not in it for the quick kill. Mentioning an Ultra Beast is a big irrelevant as they're broken as fuck all; and expecting every team to have Celesteela where they used to have Skarmory is lazy as fuck while also not addressing the real issue with Fairy.
>>
File: 1281064000917.jpg (24KB, 311x217px) Image search: [Google]
1281064000917.jpg
24KB, 311x217px
>>30701498
Ice already is SE against Ground. Why not give it the Ground resistance. There fixed. Literally.
>>
>>30695019
Shit for just slapping it on pink girly mons and being insanely OP on top.

GOAT for taking dragons' place
>>
>>30706111
Earthquakes break ice
>>
>>30695284
This
>>
Bug being SE is a terrible meme.

Anyway, one of my favorite types. I was hoping Lunala would be fairy/ghost but whatever.
>>
>>30706282
Name one thing that can't break ice
>>
>>30695086
Neither of those changes would make sense or sound as exciting as a new type.
>>
>>30708370
me on a date
>>
>>30708517
Ayyyyy
>>
Good typing, but in general most lack decent enough stats to make use of it.
>>
A lot of the Pokemon retroactively made fairy make literally no sense. I think only Clefairy and Clefable were logical. Why the fuck is Azumarril fairy?
>>
BRING BACK MEGA MAWILE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30708742
The best explanation I've heard was the moon rabbit but then again that argument could work just as well for something like lopunny. Maybe gf just wanted to buff azumarill
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.