[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was your best early game bro? This was the first thing I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: stufful.jpg (11KB, 323x350px) Image search: [Google]
stufful.jpg
11KB, 323x350px
Who was your best early game bro? This was the first thing I found on route 8 and it never let me down.
>>
>>30689968
Magnemite. That thing is always so reliable.
>>
>>30689968
Wow, that thing looks unexpectedly creepy.
>>
So Kawaii
>>
>>30689992
Magnemite was my fucken nigga
>>
>>30689968
Crabrawler saved me from Sina's wrath since I picked the owl.
>>
>>30689992
Seriously this. I wasn't even gonna use the little bastard but I kept it around just for it's typing and t wave spam till around the 3rd island. Made Lurantis and wishiwashi beatable
>>
My fucking Muk.
>>
File: wishi3.png (1MB, 1280x1161px) Image search: [Google]
wishi3.png
1MB, 1280x1161px
This thing is hell on wheels. Trumbeak was also pretty solid.
>>
>>30689968
Rowlet/Dartrix is actually pretty decent. I wasn't expecting grass/flying to be so useful early on but it could handle grass, fighting and water types like a champ!
>>
>>30689968
Everyone on my team jobbed a lot and had to have another member pick up the slack at different times. Turns out every single one of them had shit IVs, amusingly enough. Misdreavus (until I boxed it at the ghost trial) and Bewear were the overall most consistent, but Pikachu saved my ass in most of the major story battles.
>>
Always these guys.

Golbat can hold its own and can evolve relatively early if you're competent enough. It often serves a benchmark for the rest of my potential team. If a pokemon can keep up with or surpass Crobat in terms of usefulness, it has earned a spot on my team. Happy to have another on my team in Moon.

In sun, it was Alolan Muk. Goddamn thing won some matchups it had no business being part of let alone stealing a win. The ground weakness made it a little less viable later on but that was its only weakness so it was still extremely usable. Bewear was an MVP for me too though.
>>
Cutiefly/Ribombee and Charjabug were both unexpectedly key members of my team for basically the entire game.
>>
>>30689992
This anon gets it. Especially with being able to find Eviolite just after it evolved. Later ran Thunder on it for Rain shennanigans with Pelipper. Hit like a fucking truck.
I'd say Marowak was also a lifesaver. Mine was Adamant, and could basically OHKO anything with Thick Club
>>
>>30689968
Strangely Muk, I didnt even ever like it or normal muk, I just kept it around because I wanted it to evolve. That fucking stupid owl starter was weak to every fucking thing, especially with the random sucker punches. I'd have to send in Muk, who had no issues against anything ever.

Ugh I hate saying this but wtf I love Muk now.
>>
None

A lot of Alolamons are fucking dogshit
>>
>>30690046
man, crabrawler is based as fuck and really strong early.

Shame about everything else.
>>
>>30690217
Surely you must've had something that was less shit than the others.
>>
>>30690256
Raichu was disgusting I guess
>>
File: passimian.png (165KB, 900x902px) Image search: [Google]
passimian.png
165KB, 900x902px
>>30689968
This guy, surprisingly. 31 attack IV.

Is Defiant a worthwhile ability?
>>
>>30690381
>Is an ability that gives you a free swords dance upon every stat drop a good idea?
yes
>>
>>30690360
>Decent offenses
>Faster then nearly the entire Alola dex
If you couldn't get Raichu to be anything more than "disgusting then you are shit
>>
File: mudbray.png (518KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
mudbray.png
518KB, 1280x1280px
Stamina might be my favorite new ability. Gets a 95 power STAB move at around level 25, a powerful heavy slam when it evolves, it was my panic button through the entire game.
>>
>>30689992
Yeah, Magnemite is always a top notch early-game buddy that just keeps on getting better. Caught one right away in White 2 and loved the shit out of it.

>>30690493
Mudsdale is by far my strongest. So much so that I have to hold him back while the rest of my team gets some fighting in, and only send him out when shit hits the fan.
>>
File: 1480360832769.png (83KB, 400x239px) Image search: [Google]
1480360832769.png
83KB, 400x239px
>be me
>get to route 2
>see cutiefly
>"kek, let's see how this thing holds up"
>blown away by its movepool / sp atk
>can never get rid of cutiefly and eventually ribombee
i'm ok with this
>>
>>30690381
It's a great ability and also illegal so it only has a usable ability in doubles.
>>
>>30690618
Really? Mine was only useful against Hala and then it got kinda bad afterwards.
>>
>>30690709

Really? Mine was legitimately useful all the way through the Elite 4.
>>
>>30690709
I may have over-leveled a bit, but yes
>>
>>30690493
>train for max def and sp. def
>leftovers

I've never had a better tank in my life than Mudsy. Saved my ass while I healed everyone in nearly every E4 battle. Someone post a gajinka to be my husbando.
>>
>>30690709
>>30690749
My ribombee was UNDERleveled and it would consistently outspeed pokemon 8-10 levels higher and punch holes in any team that had weaknesses to Fairy or Bug
>>
Grimer was pretty solid when I started with Rowlett. Too bad the rest of my team couldn't hold it together and I restarted.

Cubone put in a lot of work when I picked Litten. So much that I'm probably gonna bench Incineroar for Marowak
>>
>>30690618

Mine was really solid until the end of the game; even with a quiver dance, it was unable to one shot any of Hala's pokemon. The frailty didn't help, but I kept it with me for the entire game.

Turns out it had a 0 in SpA. I'd say I could salvage it with Bottlecaps, but since the process is such a pain, I'll probably just leave it in the box forever. RIP in Peace, Charmie.
>>
>>30689968

Pikachu. It could OHKO everything with Catastropika.

Getting the light ball by the end of the game just made it a better sweeper in a land of slow shits. It even saved me from Blue's Gyarados.
>>
>>30690618
Same, anon. I always liked cutiefly since it's reveal, so I really wanted it... did NOT expect it to be useful, though. Little guy never let me down.
>>
File: alolan-muk[1].png (107KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
alolan-muk[1].png
107KB, 500x500px
It only slowed down in the endgame, and that was because the whole elite 4 had good matchups against it
Otherwise it was a fucking murder machine. It could go toe to toe with any special attacker and win.
>>
>>30690149
>gets both bite and wing attack by lvl 13
>becomes an insatiable rapist for the rest of its life
>>
Tsareena
>trop kick
>then gets high jump kick for ice types
>acrobatics
>was my last pokemon in the pokemon league and 3KO'D ninetails,magnezone, and snorlax
Da real MVP.
>>
>>30690493
>it was my panic button through the entire game.
That really hits the nail on the head. I'd always throw Mudsdale out if I needed to take a hit. Even if it was something like surf it barely gave a shit.

get a couple of iron defenses off and you're laffin
>>
Misdreavus
>>
>>30690618
>tfw I dropped cutiefly before it evolved because I already had charjabug on my team
Charjabug went from star player to pure disappointment. Vikavolt can barely get a thunderbolt off if it doesn't die from exiting the pokeball.
>>
On Nuzlockes the two that carried me further were Sawk and a huge power Azumarill.

>>30689992
>magnemite
I feel ya, cuz. He evolves at the right level to keep pace with the game unlike slowpoke. Tanks hits and then gets eviolite and tanks them harder. Swings back like a truck too.

>>30690493
>mudsdale
I got a own tempo one because I'm an idiot. Still a heavy carry.
>>
>>30692625
I wanted to use that Marill but didn't want to ditch my popplio.

Did anyone else find popplio and brionne to be pretty subpar? It didn't get good until it evolves into primarina and learns a a decent offensive fairy move.
>>
File: 541688973.png (720KB, 625x585px) Image search: [Google]
541688973.png
720KB, 625x585px
>>30691160
just as a general rule, I usually grind levels to be prepared for whatever may come my way

>>30691637
one day, withdraw that lil' fucker and give him another chance, you won't be disappointed

>>30692341
cutiefly's design is one of the best this gen, I think

>>30692583
vikavolt is so damn slow... despite its dex entry stating otherwise
i like the design a lot too, so its a shame
>>
Petilil, which soon became my beatiful Liligant which I took all the way to the league then boxed when I found a shiny variant
>>
>>30689968
>tfw got a minior through wonder trade early
>hyped to use it, it's one of my favorite mons to use on showdown
>it's actually very underwhelming without shell smash
Shields Down is cool but it's an annoying ability in-game.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.