[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one is the more sound investment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

File: Silph Devon.png (316KB, 1178x694px) Image search: [Google]
Silph Devon.png
316KB, 1178x694px
Which one is the more sound investment?
>>
>>30688045
Silph

They made Master Balls. What more reason do you need?
>>
>>30688045
Silph. Devon kills Pokemon.
>>
>>30688045
Silph. They deal with both trainers and in the civilian sector whereas Devon is predominantly trainer centric
>>
>>30688045
Devon. At least they have Steven unlike silph
>>
>>30688092
>Made master balls
>Too stupid to mass produce and sell them for major profit

Devon may not be that great, but I'd much rather go with them.
>>
>>30688045
Devon is reliable, steady and creates good quality products that many find useful.

Silph is less focused on widespread success, and would rather create niche products to test the limits of science.
>>
>>30688092

That and the Silph Scope allowing you to see fuckin ghost, That shit's like crazy advanced.
>>
>>30688045
Devon is the better stock option
>>
Is the Lusamine family the richest characters in Pokemon so far? Aether in Alola was literally just a branch.
>>
Devon is the more stable option, as Silph's HQ was taken over by local criminals
>>
>>30688045
Ditch both and go Aether
>>
>>30688280
aether doesn't innovate in anything, until they can cut costs of beast balls by several orders of magnitude and expand their niche they don't do much

it's like investing money into peta and expecting to turn a profit
>>
>>30688201

An army of criminals lead by the 8th Gym leader that not only took over the company by force but took the whole town.
>>
>>30688154
Masterballs are probably extremely difficult to construct. Almost like the Beast Balls.
>>
>>30688154
That's like selling a cure for cancer instead of selling treatments for life. It means Silph is run by assholes though.
>>
File: 1475198574666.png (880KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475198574666.png
880KB, 720x720px
>Silph
made Masterballs and was it Silph scope I forgot
>Devon
MUH STONES , kills pokemons every now and then
>Aether
PETA , made a pokeball that can catch interdimensional creatures , knows about the existence of another dimension
>>
>>30688390
Beast Balls are made out of cannibalized Master Balls.
>>
>>30688390
I didn't see this, I just read it in a thread on /vp/, but apparently a file/book/computer in game mentions that Beast Balls are made using a Masterball as the base and then they do stuff to it.
>>
>>30688168
That's because kantonese can't see ghost types unaided. A problem not seen elsewhere.
The Devon Scope tm is far superior.
>>30688115
I do not think so friend. The Devon Scuba Gear tm is far more civilian friendly than anything Silph co has developed. Also, don't forget that Devon Corporation offers free fossil restoration. The strapping young champion even uses the fossils that Devon Corporation has revived. Devon Corporation also expands our knowledge of the cosmos by partnering with the Mosdeep Space Center.
>>30688045
As you can see, Devon Corporation is far more diversified, accomplished, and the far better investment choice.
>>
>>30688280
>investing in a charity
>>
Given the "Infinity Energy" news leak, I'm fairly certain Devon stock is about to tank.

Buy Silph.
>>
>>30688280
Aether is a NPO.
>>
>>30688045
Lysandre Labs is a smart choice. They pride themselves in always giving back more than what they take from the community.
>>
>>30688936
>he hasn't seen the news
>>
>>30689010
What, did they get bought out or something?
>>
File: Sylph_Inside.png (22KB, 216x203px) Image search: [Google]
Sylph_Inside.png
22KB, 216x203px
Don't trust Silph.

Their name is based on the alchemical wind spirit.

They're just as dark deep down as Devon and Aether.

They were probably the main backers of Mewtwo's development.

Their """unknown producer""" Porygon evo was designed to work in alien dimensions.
>>
>>30689010
Nobody tell him
>>
You didn't hear it from me, but Devon is going to make a device soon that allows you to interact with your pokemon as they dream. Furthermore, they're opening a park soon FILLED with fossil pokemon. They'll even have a Tyrantrum.
>>
>>30689225
chi pa pa
>>
>>30688936
t. Professor Syncamore
>>
Both companies are probably owned by the same shadowy overlord.
>>
>>30689353

You mean Steven's great gramps, the guy who thought it would be great idea to reverse engineer AZ's Pokemon sacrificing technology?
>>
>>30688045
Devon.
They made the Timer and Repeat balls. On top of that their products are widely used over a whole region while Silph struggles to mass produce anything of value.
>>
>>30688420
>Aether
Non profit that is losing money every day and gets by on donation.
>>
>>30689448
I doubt Aether lives off from donations I mean the one in Alola is just a branch and that shit is fucking big and makes beast balls which cost 1 gorillion each
>>
What;s this about Devon killing Pokemon, I don't remember that?
>>
>>30688112
>>30689225
>dark deep down as Devon
>kill
What did i miss? They were good in RSE as far as i remember
>>
>>30689432
Silph literally invented Balls boyo
>>
>>30688192
The branch refers to the handful of buildings on Akala and Ula'ula. Aether Paradise is a mobile floating structure that was just in Alola the past few years because of the Wormhole research.
>>
>>30689225
>Their """unknown producer""" Porygon
Source?
>>
File: 1455648586263.gif (1018KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1455648586263.gif
1018KB, 160x120px
>>30688936
>>30689010
>Put life savings into Lysander Labs.
>Check news.
>President is being imprisoned after he tried to activate a thousand year old doomsday device.
Shit.
>>
>>30689567
Mass produced balls (which is still a big deal). The directly made from apricorn balls date back much further I think.
>>
>>30689655
Dude, that happened like three years ago. Have you been lving under a Geosenge formation or something?
>>
>>30689545

Remember how AZ had a deathray powered by killing countless Pokemon?

Well a past president of Devon, Steven's great grandpa actually, recreated that technology. He patented it as "Infinity Energy", allowing Devon to rise to the top on a wave of sacrifices. Various things from Mossdeep Space Center's rockets to submarine motors are powered by their blood fuel.
>>
>>30689655
>Implying the company won't rename themselves
>Implying they won't license Holocaster technology
>Implying they won't form a merger or partnership with a safer company to wash away the taint of Lysandre

The President might have been a questionable fuckhead, but it doesn't mean the people working for him were. They'll find a way to throw the old boss under a bus.
>>
>>30689586

No's, that's all still just part of the Alola branch.

I bet you think Lusamine is really the head honcho too.
>>
>>30689819
Infinity Energy means it uses Pokemon's energy, but it doesn't necessarily means they have to die for it.

Devon appoints researchers and the common oath is that a researcher must never intend harm to Pokemon.
>>
File: aether employee flushed look.png (120KB, 292x271px) Image search: [Google]
aether employee flushed look.png
120KB, 292x271px
Silph has a literal who as their leader and Lysandre is too hairy. Steven's hot but Lusamine is hotter. So I pick the non-profit. Female Aether employee is also a cutie
>>
>>30689592
you didn't get this from here
mega.nz/porygonZdfsfghwujskdfl
burn that to an old tm disk
roll your porgon2 back to version 4.0, it won't work otherwise
you need to have access to one of those trade machines from the pokemon center (HAS to be siph co made) and also somebody you can trust
insert the disk into your porygon2
when nobody is looking run porygon2 through the machine with anything else caught by your pal
don't register that shit in your pokedex
>>
>>30688045
Silph by miles.
>>
>>30689938
Lusamine is head honcho,Faba was the Alola branch chief
>>
>>30689958
>Sea Mauville abandoned for undisclosed reasons
>New Mauville shut down for undisclosed reasons
Uh-huh.
>>
>>30689938
>President of the company
Okay, she's not necessarily the CEO, but she's pretty damn high up.
>>
>>30690004
>>30690116

Her real title is actually just Representative.

You'd think someone so obsessed with Nihilego wouldn't have such a huge ego herself.
>>
>Silph Co.'s headquarters was taken over by the mafia.
>Devon is deals in shady as fuck Pokemon life energy research.
>Lysandre Labs was run by a lunatic who tried to kill everyone.
>Aether is a non-profit organization that was run by complete psycho who did illegal Pokemon experiments.

Fuck it, I'm investing in the Poketch Company. Something tells me they're gonna make a comeback in a couple years.
>>
>>30690065
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
>>
>>30689958
No. Mr. Stone even comments that it isn't humane to do it, but it is efficient.
>>
>>30690285
>>Silph Co.'s headquarters was taken over by the mafia

They were held hostage, but I hear some of their researchers actually liked working for Team Rocket.

Aether was always an independent contractor, so they were never a consumer brand.
>>
>>30689655
>President is being imprisoned after he tried to activate a thousand year old doomsday device.
Wait I thought he died.
>>
>>30690795
Thats just what the government wants you to think
>>
File: Galactic-logo.png (31KB, 283x393px) Image search: [Google]
Galactic-logo.png
31KB, 283x393px
What does Team Galactic even do after Cyrus goes to the Distortion World? Saturn is still running the place and the only person to actually get arrested is Charon
>>
>>30690949
Purple Kool-Aid.
>>
>>30690165
Read the documents. Lusamommy's father founded Aether.
>>
>>30688045
Are you looking long term dividends or short sale?

For long term low risk investment I would say Silph is the choice. They generally play it safe and given the ubiquity of their products (the pokeball for example) I don't expect they will ever take so much of a hit that you'll lose long term on a rate greater than the overall market. Devon on the other hand has quite a few high end products that have industrial uses but an improving tech is more likely to make those obsolete and they may or may have the brand recognition in their respective markets to hold value quarter over quarter and year over year. Devon is also more of a niche brand within their production of pokeballs but does the average consumer actually feel the need to have a net ball or nest ball or a luxury ball?

I would argue Devon's more likely to come out with a new product in a given market cycle and if it flops, its a good time to buy into Devon since they will soon have another product cycle and are more likely to have a wild fluctuation and therefore a short sale will get you a greater return on your dollar.

On the other hand its a good idea to have a diverse portfolio. Investing in lots of different industries (whoever runs the Pokemarts themselves, or the cruise company running the SS Anne, any of the Conglomerated Agricultural business buying the Miltank farms[I believe they also produce the Berry Fertalizers but I don't have any canon to back me, any construction company not located in Vermilion City). Honestly, you probably don't need to think that much about it. Unless your goal is to be a day trader, get a financial advisor to make you an IRA or your invest in your company's 401k and let someone else think about this stuff for you. If you want something with FAR less risk, ask about treasury notes which are backed by the government instead of investe in the market itself; lower yield but solid and low risk.
>>
>>30690165
She's called Aether President at the start of both battles.
>>
>>30691372

That's just in the localization.

In Japanese her title is Aether-daihyo, aka Aether Representative.

"President" would be shacho.
>>
>>30688045
Obviously Silph because unlike Devon, they don't torture and kill pokemon for profit. Fuck Devon, fuck Steven right up his scrawny gay ass.
>>
File: wut.png (591KB, 720x542px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
591KB, 720x542px
>>30690795
>dead in Y
>immortal in X
but he's trapped under tons of rubble either way so it doesn't fucking matter
>>
>>30692251
Don't forget the protag probably ended up immortal too. So they're the real winners there.
>>
>not investing in poketech
I'm telling you man, smart watches are the future
>>
>>30688415
Hi /pol/ *tips tinfoil hat but not too much or the magnetic waves will read my mind*
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.