[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Stars is no doubt coming to the Switch, the same way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11

File: jgtzNu.png (1MB, 2560x1044px) Image search: [Google]
jgtzNu.png
1MB, 2560x1044px
Pokemon Stars is no doubt coming to the Switch, the same way Pokemon Rainbow came to the 3DS As of now, 'tis nothing but a codename, but it could actually be the actual title.

>Pokemon Stars
>Pokemon Eclipse
>Pokemon Prism
>Pokemon Sun and Moon 2

Or something else completely wild. No doubt we'll be getting Diamond and Pearl remakes too, and maybe a Kanto remake. Place your bets, everyone, place your bets.
>>
File: 1480403893209.jpg (150KB, 646x540px) Image search: [Google]
1480403893209.jpg
150KB, 646x540px
>>30686186
>It'll be something retarded and unexpected like "Space"
>>
File: ay_112439998.jpg (49KB, 1000x682px) Image search: [Google]
ay_112439998.jpg
49KB, 1000x682px
>>30686186

Oh good, there's already a thread for this up. So blah blah blah NoE translator with some time to kill and hype to farm. And the best part about this is that there's so many fakes running around that I can give out massive story and region spoilers because no one will believe them until it's too late.

>Stars was the development name, eventually the team decided on Pokemon Terra for the final name chosen for localization consistency and for the gravitas the word has
>This is a B2/W2 style sequel set 10 years after the events of S/M and the island challenge has expanded to include the missing trial captains, Steel is now on Melemele for example.
>All of the Island Scan Pokemon in S/M are getting Alolan Forms, yes including the Johto and Unova starters. Hydreigon finally gets to be the Steel/Dragon tank it was intended to be, Azumarill becomes Poison/Fairy, Klinklang is Steel/Electric and looks like a clock made by a death metal album cover artist, and Scolipede goes Poison/Steel looking like Raoh's horse from Fist of the North Star

I can go on if you'd like.
>>
>>30686674
Does Luxray finally gain the Dark subtyping it always wanted too?
>>
>>30686674
>set 10 years after the events of S/M
Too far. Getting off this ride.
>>
Plutonium R and Plutonium G
>>
>>30686186
There is a small chance its gen 8. But it is most likely a SM port.
>>
>>30686674
>all of the island scan Pokemon get Alolan forms
Nice try, but there's no way in hell that would ever happen, Game Freak is waaaay too lazy for that.
>>
>>30686811
Gen 7 just fucking started. Gen 8 is literally at 0% chance of happening.
>>
>>30686716

Of course not. It's Electric/Fire though and has this neat animation where the energy in its body ebbs out into its mane.

>>30686848

Again, the joys of deniability. There were a lot of Alolan Forms planned but they chose to limit it to Kanto in S/M for the sake of riding the nostalgia wave brought on by GO and the RBY re-release.

>>30686717

There's a really good reason for it actually. It let them set up the league and the improved island challenge for the sake of making sure that the people of Alola were in fighting form for the growing outbreaks of Ultra Wormholes after Lusamine ended up kicking down the door. Speaking of her, she does not get a good end. Her body had some serious damage thanks to withdrawal from Nihilego's neurotoxins.
>>
>>30687244
What type is Reuniclus' Alolan form? Roserade's?
>>
Pokemon Stars is a fucking stupid, completely illogical codename and calling it a codename is not an excuse for such idiocy. Next game speculation is fine, just use your fucking head at least.
>>
>>30686674
>Klinklang is Steel/Electric and looks like a clock made by a death metal album cover artist
Fuck you, now I actually want this.
>>
>>30686674
you don't know how badly I want this to be true, this sounds great

assuming you are faking, please apply for a job at GF, those are some dope ideas
>>
>>30687343
But I'm sure you thought Pokemon Rainbow was brilliant, right?
>>
File: 1449903925511s.jpg (2KB, 125x116px) Image search: [Google]
1449903925511s.jpg
2KB, 125x116px
>>30686186
>Pokemon Stars is an awesome Computer App which allows you to share Pokemon Go, Pokemon Version Sun and Pokemon Version Moon Datas on Facebook, Twitter and more !
>Discuss with thousand of Pokemon fans across the world, trade, fight and become friends or rival !
>Including a new Event !!! Marshadow !
This mysterious Pokemon is distributed through a Pokemon GO code you'll have to scan with your 3DS !
>>
>>30687330

Reuniclus is Psychic/Ground, looking a little closer to Duosion and invoking the image of those dwarfs in alchemy. Its dex entry is kinda metal though. The liquid it has around it actually sand compressed into glass by its psychic energies.

Roserade is Grass/Fighting, losing a fair bit of its petals but focusing more on its thorns, gets Iron Barbs as an ability.
>>
>>30687389
No. It's a shitty rework of Pokemon Prism, which is people putting all of their blind faith in to Necrozoma. But even so, it's better than Stars. Idiot.
>>
>>30687660
Do you mind if you give us more info on A-Hydreigon? Also, what type and abilities do the Honedge, Rhyhorn and Tynamo line have?

Do you have a release date or a prediction of when they'll officially reveal "Terra"?
>>
>>30687790
Stars is people putting their faith in fairly credible leakers. Sounds more like you're salty and not willing to accept the possibility of Stars being the codename or existing at all, despite Rainbow being the codename for Sun and Moon.
>>
>>30687846
>fairly credible leakers
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>m-muh Eurogamer...
https://gamerant.com/nintendo-wii-u-production-ending-not-true/
>>
>>30687343
Stars are suns that can be seen at night, like the moon. You're just a moron.
>>
>>30687943
You know that Nintendo eventually admitted it was true, right?
>>
>>30687819

Steel/Dragon, keeps Levitate. Theme of the line is Deino starting out like a little cartoon army grunt, Zweilous getting more armor and basically being a Full Metal Jacket reference, and Hydreigon's arms literally becoming dragon headed cannons. Its dex entry is depressing though; it hopes for a trainer to show it something other than battle.

Eelektross becomes Electric/Poison and gets Corrosion which is getting buffed to let all Poison moves ignore Steel typing and deal neutral to Poison Types, RIP Magearna and Mawile.

Rhyhorn, Rhydon, and Rhyperior are Rock/Steel, the last of which almost looks like Crashman with its hands able to retract and expose two massive drills.

Honedge line becomes Pure Dark and has the line go from a curved dagger to a pair of shotels to finally a scythe with a robe, Aegislash's shield becomes this kinda creepy mask face kinda like Uxie's. Didn't see the ability on this one.

As for release we've only been told Summer/Fall so I'm personally betting somewhere near Labor Day.
>>
>>30687943
>Implying I was talking about Eurogamer
Top fucking kek, my dude.
>>
>>30687943
the tranny that predicted Stars also predicted the Guardians of the Galaxy Telltale game and some other games before they were announced
>>
>>30688521
Interesting details here, so I'll bite. Was Sun & Moon created with the intention of the second half of Gen 7 for the Switch? And what does the story look like in Stars?
>>
what happens to MC, Hau, Lillie and Guzma?
>>
>>30688521
Hi, does the region contain new islands? Can we travel to Kanto?
>>
>>30688673

Not to my knowledge. It seems more like a Gen II situation where they had a ton of ideas left over and didn't want them to just sit in a box. Story's a little darker from what I've seen. Skull is gone, Aether is doing its best to try to cope with the after effects of the research Lusamine unleashed on the world, and the villainous group is an organization of cultists who revere the Ultra Beasts as deities.

>>30688705

MC is gone as usual but if you link a save through Pokebank, you can find the pic of them, Hau, and Lillie from the S/M ending framed on their desk at home. Hau has become Kahuna of Melemele after Hala died. Also, the Bruno theory is unfounded. Lillie saw some success in Kanto but found she didn't have it in her to become Champion opting rather to set up a new branch of Aether there and keeping in contact with Gladion. She shows up at a couple points but isn't too much a part of the plot.

Guzma and Plumeria apparently made up and settled down. You meet them in a not-shithole Po Town and their kid gives you a match against an Ariados his dad gave him. It's honestly weird seeing those two look like regular members of society.

>>30688984

There are a few smaller barrier islands added, one gets added to Poni where an older Mina has sequestered herself in a newfound love of sculpting. No, you can't go to Kanto.
>>
>>30686186
>Releasing a mainline pokemon title on a 'console'
Really hope this doesn't happen. Fuck buying a Switch.
>>
>>30689220
To be fair, Switch seems like it'll be great. Obviously we'll have to wait until it actually releases to get any true consumer feedback, but it being able to charge on the go like a DS and display footage on the television is awesome.
Please put a mainline Pokemon game on here, if it's on the 3DS it'll just run at shit FPS.
>>
10 years ? Wow. So, no characters from the other games like Cynthia or Colress again...
>>
>>30686186
>no Necrozma
fucking emo faggot not showing up for the class picture
>>
File: 1477596928807.png (130KB, 249x241px) Image search: [Google]
1477596928807.png
130KB, 249x241px
>>30689181
>Hau has become Kahuna of Melemele after Hala died.
>>
>>30689220
>I hate change!!
fuck off already grandpa as if it didn't happen before
gameboy-ds-switch
>>
>>30686186
>leak season never ended

You're kidding me.
>>
>>30689181
do you start in a different area of the region like in B2W2 or does the game progress as it does in SM?
>>
>>30689181
What does Necrozma become, and what is its role within the story?
>>
>>30689181
whats the post game like and whos the elite four pus champ
>>
>>30689181
Did anything happened to the trial captains?
>>
>>30689181
These are some interesting ideas anon. I just want to say that although I don't believe you, I appreciate the effort put into this and I'd actually like it of it were true.
>>
>>30689181
Any new forms for Necrozma? Better ywt, any evos/pre evos?
>>
lmao fuck me please
>>
File: satoshi tajiri.jpg (13KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
satoshi tajiri.jpg
13KB, 300x225px
>>30686674

>Scolipede goes Poison/Steel

You don't get it.

There's a reason you almost never see anything gain or lose the Bug type with evolution/forms, or even have it as just a secondary.
Bug is a lifeform type, not some easily changed element or aspect.
Scolipede wouldn't be Scolipede anymore if its Bug type changed.
>>
>>30686186
Why wouldn't they finish the Gen on the 3ds? with record breaking sales of sun and moon and all the pokemon go hype they're going to milk this gen out on the 3ds. The switch title will be some kind of spin off like pokken tournament or mystery dungeon type shit.
>>
File: alain.png (67KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
alain.png
67KB, 250x141px
I hope Stars has an edgelord character like Alain but instead of collecting Mega energy he collects UBs and uses them in battle against you.
>>
>>30691361
lolwat
>>
>>30689181
What do you mean by Bruno theory?
>>
>>30691414
Nintendo probably doesnt want another slow ass start like with the 3DS, who was partially cockblocked by BW2 releasing on the DS.

Also, multiple leakers around the web have been reporting it. Eurogamer literally didn't get a single thing wrong about the Switch so far. Whatever insider source they have is extremely reliable.
>>
>>30691851
>who
which*
quickfix
>>
File: steel_donut.jpg (14KB, 356x311px) Image search: [Google]
steel_donut.jpg
14KB, 356x311px
>>30686674
>Scolipede goes Poison/Steel
>>
>>30691867
>quickfix
quick fix*
quick fix
>>
>>30689181
What are the alolan unova starters like?
>>
>>30688343
??????????
>>
Honestly, island scan pokemon getting Alolan forms makes a lot of sense, because it explains the seeming lack of reasoning behind the mons chosen for island scan. Starters and pseudos I get. Honedge and axew too, for popularity. But some of the others are just headscratchers... unless they have alolan forms ready to go.
>>
Pokemon dusk and dawn. Fucking mark my words. Fucking mark them. Why aren't you fuckers marking them? MARK THEM DAMMIT.
>>
Huh, if we're going by the spatial body theme, they could do Pokemon Comet.
>>
>>30689181
What do the Alolan Johto starters look like fuccboi?
>>
>>30688521
These actually sound really cool. I particularly like ideas for the the Alolan Hydreigon line and the Alolan Aegislash line.
>>
>>30688521
>Eelektross gets weaknesses

Well at least it isn't the main Eelektross.
>>
bump.
Detals for Alolan:
Starly line
Swinub line
Timburr line
Litwik line.
Please and thank you.
>>
wheres that nigga at
>>
>>30686674
>Scolipede goes poison/steel
Not sure if want. It'd be unique but it'd also lock it out of my mono-bug team.
Time to switch to mono-poison.

>>30691902
Delicious.
>>
>>30686674
You still here? So it's confirmed Island Challenge is a custom to Alola as a normal pathway for Pokemon League?
>>
Game Freak has always been slow to adopt Nintendo's new hardware in the past. Look at how long it took them to jump on the 3DS; BW and B2W2 were both released in the 3DS' lifetime but on the regular old DS. They clearly want to play around with the new hardware for a few years before they start developing for it.

Besides, the architecture of the Switch is so radically different from the 3DS that porting would be a nightmare. Stars/Eclipse/Sun2Moon2/whatever is probably going to be 3DS, and we won't see a main series pokemon game on the Switch until Gen 8.
>>
GUYS KEEP THIS THREAD ON UNTIL THAT NIGGA REPLIES BACK
>>
File: testicleshed.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
testicleshed.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
b u m p
>>
Thanks for waiting for me folks.

>>30689589

You start in a new village called Molom'e Town on the southeast end of Ula'Ula.

>>30689597
>>30689756

Necrozma gets the fuck expanded out of him in this. Originally, he was the Legendary assigned to govern the land and keep the Tapus from being dicks. When the wormholes opened up, he went in hoping to fix things and got sucked in, getting trapped there and aving his body warped and reconfigured by the Ultra Dimension's "Earth." After a journey into US, you can find his missing/corrupted parts via a modified Zygarde Cube called the Necro Prizm. Yeah, they can't all be gems. His true form is Psychic/Poison and looks like an ouroboros showing his death/rebirth theme.

>>30689678

Acerola, Sophocles, and Lana are still Captains, though Lana is actually pretty bummed that this'll be her last year of doing it. Kiawe's decided to travel the world and actually has a Bourdain style travel series that comes on the TVs. Yes, it's not all Malasada for once. and Mallow's taken over the family restaurant. Ilima looks like even more of a fuccboi, something I didn't think possible.

>>30691361

Again, the joys of deniability.

>>30691748

That theory that Hau's missing dad is Bruno. The plotline doesn't really go anywhere though it's a little disappointing.

>>30692014

I really dig the Alolan Unova starters. Their types follow a new circle, Emboar is pure Fighting and looks like a god damn Maori, Serperior is Fairy and is based off of some french legend of a woman who rode around only covered by hair, it even sheds skin at a ridiculous rate to achieve this. Samurott got fucking redeemed by becoming pure Steel and looking like an old warlord.

Cont. next post.
>>
>>30688521
Tell us more. Do Talonflame recieve something that un-JUST him? Greninja? Ash-Greninja?

Do Typhlosion get something?
>>
>>30686186
Gamefreak never has and never will develop a pokemon jrpg on a home console
>>
File: badger.jpg (141KB, 1000x742px) Image search: [Google]
badger.jpg
141KB, 1000x742px
>>30692626
>>30695838

Meganium is Grass/Ice based on those purple flowers that only grow up in the bumfuck north. Typhlosion is Fire/Fighting [RIP only Pure Fire starter] and becomes a dickass pugilist badger. The flames on its neck are replaced with two lines that shoot forth, think the black areas on pic related. Kinda looks like war paint in a way. Feraligatr is Water/Dragon and looks like even more of a Kaiju, it reminds me of that proto-Godzilla from the new movie. Also, they're not removing the Gale Wings nerf. Enjoy your egg warmer. Battle Bond is event-only.

>>30693632

Staraptor becomes Electric/Flying, unfortunately still Physically bent.
Swinub, Piloswine, and Mamoswine retain their status as go-to dragon slayer going pure Ice for the first two forms and then Ice/Ghost as if to just say fuck Kommo-o.
Timburr and Gurdurr stay the same, Conk becomes Rock/Fighting partially integrating the pillars into his arms and legs for a weird kinda cyborg/sentinel look. Gets an ability called Impregnable which lets it ignore all hazards on the field but not get rid of them, it's really a shittier Magic Guard.
Litwick line goes Fire/Fairy

>>30694031

Yup. It also serves a purpose of building up a base of people in Alola that can easily be on call in case of Ultra Beast invasion or natural disaster. Part of why Kukui developed the league and why the Battle Tree was founded were for this purpose.
>>
>>30696083
who's the elite 4 and champion
>>
>>30696083
>Alolan Typhlosion is Fire/Fighting
Sounds like Gamefreak alright
>>
>>30696083
I don't believe you, nothing of this much content would be here at this moment even if there is a new sequel game coming.
>>
>>30696155
To be fair he has mostly only given out Alolan forms that he said here >>30689181 were leftover ideas. It's probably fake either way but hey these threads are fun.
>>
>>30688343
(You)
>>
>>30695880
They will if it's also their portable system.
>>
>>30696203
Fine.
>>
>>30696083
describe the litwick line please :)
>>
>>30696083
>typhlosion is fire/fighting

Oh god damnit, he's telling the truth.
>>
>>30696107

Cougar Olivia, Mina, Marlon from B2/W2 who is absolute Fujo bait, and a new Bug type user named Chrys, female. Ya boi's a family man now. I haven't seen the Champ yet though you do meet Benga at a few points and he says he came to Alola to surpass Alder.

>>30696339

The Alolan theme is Lich/Phylactery. Litwick's flame is a lot larger and blue, looking more soul like. Lampent is more of a latern with the soul within glowing brighter but much smaller with the outer section resembling more of a cage. Chandelure looks like one of those onion lamps with its "handle" split in two, giving it a winged look. Also, the glass is stained.
>>
>>30696083
DOES Gothitelle CHANGE :O
>>
>>30696470
What's Kahili up to if she isn't an E4 member? And did Nanu off himself yet or did he get more Meowths to cope with the pain of living?
>>
File: 1401840483227.gif (487KB, 368x374px) Image search: [Google]
1401840483227.gif
487KB, 368x374px
>>30695800
>alolan starters reverses the type matchups of starters
fucking nice
>>
>>30696470
What are the Alolan forms for Togekiss line, Axew line, and Leavanny line like?
>>
>>30696470
There was a leak a few months back that mentioned Alola Johto Starters so I'm still a little bit iffy.
If anything, there were other Alolan forms mentioned like Fighting Type Alakazam and Water type Arcanine, and I also think a Ground type Koffing (similar to Grimer since there's no pollution it was modified to be essentially a greener and cleaner version spouting oxygen, like how Grimer eats trash now instead of waste)
Also, does my main man Machamp get any changes?
>>
>>30696711
Your man Machamp gets Fissure when he's transferred from RBY.
>>
Solar and Lunar
>>
>>30696471

Alolan Gothitelle is Dark/Fairy seems to be some kind of oracle/fortune teller by design.

>>30696534

Kahili is currently managing the Hano and the newly built golf course there. She apparently hurt her wrist to the point where it ruined her career but takes it in stride saying she only had so long left anyway.

Nanu's back with the UB task force but still his usual sour self. Looks like a grizzled detective and there's this one hilarious moment with him and Looker playing buddy cop.

>>30696627

Togekiss gets Normal/Fairy, has more of a Rukh I think it's called motif.
Axew line gets Rock/Dragon and it's fangs point downward kinda like a sabertooth tiger since it uses them to climb mountains.
Leavanny line is Bug/Fighting and kinda hype. As the line goes on, the leaves it uses are breaking down and withering prompting the Pokemon to be more proactive and gives Leavanny this really neat dancer look. It also gets a new ability called Autumn Guard which eats Flying type moves and uses them to increase Speed.

>>30696711

Those were just 2ch rumors that got blown out of proportion. Apart from the Island Scan mons, the only new one is Tyranitar and it is glorious. Rock/Psychic and it looks like SpaceGodzilla. From the dex entry, the mountains it consumed in Alola exploded into crystals and Pupitar developed.

All right folks, I'm heading out to get hammered. Might be back later if I can't sleep again.
>>
Dunno if arrived late. What about Alolan Kingdra?
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.