[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

today my 3ds got soaked in water by a misplaced water bottle.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 2016-03-30-1655.jpg (38KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-30-1655.jpg
38KB, 480x640px
today my 3ds got soaked in water by a misplaced water bottle.

i want to kill myself. i think the Sun cartridge and sd card survived, the battery was dry but the top screen is FULL of water. I don't think any rice will soak that up without disassembling the damn thing and soaking the water up manually.

I don't have any money to buy a new one.

>convince me not to kill myself, vp
>>
It's not as cozy, but Citra runs SM fine.
>>
>>30685303
Fine: -60 fps
>>
>>30685277
if it dries completely out before you turn it on, nothing should get fried. most electronics are made pretty waterproof (ie no rusting materials) so just don't turn it on for a week at least. give it some tlc and see how it goes

source: i dropped my entire laptop in the bathtub once while it was on, got fully submerged, and it lived to see another 2 healthy years after that
>>
Get $200 and buy a 3DS from best buy or whatever, keep the receipt and return it in 30 days. Just don't drop any water on it and it's basically a deposit, you'll get your money back. Then go to another store and keep repeating the process.
>>
>>30685428
I'm not american. people sell used 3ds here for about 300 dollars. I can't afford that. I barely could afford this 3ds when I bought it last march (mario gold edition).
>>
Don't turn it on dumbass, it could potentially fry.

You can still save it. Remove the battery and rip the thing open, look for a tutorial on youtube or something.
>>
>>30685526
the picture isn't from today. it's the only picture I could find of my 3ds. that was taken months ago. I didn't turn it on...
>>
>>30685277
The good news is 3DS is dead, just wait for Switch
>>
>>30685277
Anon, don't fucking turn it on. Leave it open in rice for a few days, it'll eventually suck out the water.
>>
>>30685277

this>>30685697
bury it in rice, make sure rice is surrounding all of it.

the rice will draw the moisture right out of your DS
>>
File: 1481157035164.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481157035164.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>poorfags
>>
>>30685277
Do you have those packets of silica beads they stick in new shoes?
I keep a stash of like 60 of those packets just in case this shit happens to me.
If not, put it in a deep bowl full of dry rice and wait 4+ days.
>>
File: 1419438781333.png (92KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
1419438781333.png
92KB, 500x488px
>>30685277
>be me
>father drinks
>live with family because younger siblings can't really protect themselves from him
>one day he gets pissed off because my brother spilled something on him by an accident
>stand up for brother because that's retarded
>he gets pissed off
>he knows i saved up for my 3ds for a long while
>he picks it up and throws it with full power on the wall and leaves
>mfw it's only scratched
it'll most likely live, this shit's sturdier than it looks
>>
I spilt coffee on mine by accident, it got everywhere, it also had 3 sugars in it. It took a while for the stickyness of the buttons to go away but it's all good now.
>>
>>30686313
your dad's a fucking dick
>>
>>30686731
Well you are what you eat.
>>
>>30685277
My pokemon Y cartridge entered 2 times in washing machine and still alive, sun cartridge will have no problem. For the 3ds dont turn it on in months if necesary and give it a dry place to be in. Good idea would be using a hair dryer on cool mode
>>
>>30685412
Can I just ask how you managed to drop a laptop on a full bathtub?
>>
>>30685844
This. I own a O3DS, N3DS, and two N3DS XLs for the hell of it.
>>
>>30687414
Kek
>>
>>30686693
>3 sugars
Disgusting ameribeetus
>>
>>30688013
It's actually disgusting Aussibeetus, but thanks.
>>
>>30685277
Get a 2ds
It's actually pretty comfy and you can get it as a bundle for around 70 USD
>>
About packing with rice...
It doesn't work, dude. I work at a place that fixes electronics. People bring in devices that have been bagged in rice for a few days and either:
A. There's still water inside when we look
B. The water is gone but there's a fuck-ton of rust/corrosion everywhere

You know those little silica gel packs they pack in with fancy new shoes and bags? Those are actually designed to draw moisture out. Use those. Walmart apparently sells a 20-pack for $5 or so.
>>
File: Screenshot_201610120143002.png (1MB, 1080x1081px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_201610120143002.png
1MB, 1080x1081px
>>30685277
>>30685697
Leaving water damaged electronics in rice does nothing. I don't know how this shit started, but it's the same as if you were to do nothing.

The only actual fix would be to open it up, clean out all the liquid, clean any corrosion off the board/flex cables, maybe reflow the soldering on the board, put it back together and hope for the best.

Even then it's kind of a 50/50 chance it'll still work. Depends on the extent of the damage and exactly what sort of liquid got in it. Some liquids are more corrosive than others.

Water damaged LCDs and speakers aren't really fixable either so they'd just need to be replaced.
>>
>>30689311
this

I like the 2ds a lot more than the N3DS. If it weren't for the control stick then I would stick to the 2DS.
>>
>>30687480
Great skill and determination
>>
>>30685277
Lol

Funniest thing I've seen all day
>>
>>30685341
>the game plays smoothly backwards in reverse
N-NANI?

>>30685277
As many have said, just don't turn it on. I've sent the same flash drive through the was multiple times. If you don't turn it on it's fine just you'll have to wait like a week or two.
>>
>>30685277
Water in electronics isn't a problem in and of itself. You just don't want to turn it on because it'll create a short circuit by connecting everything together at once and toast it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.