[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Sun/Moon Q&A Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 16

File: 1474336520046.png (2MB, 1916x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1474336520046.png
2MB, 1916x1036px
ask questions get answers
>>
What's a good SOS chaining smeargle set?
>>
Do I need to have my game on for Pelago to train my Pokemon? Can it be in sleep mode?
>>
How to i access the Golf Club? :)
>>
>>30683463
did you check under the truck?
>>
Any way to get hombrew with the 11.2.0-35u update? One that's free?
>>
>>30683458
You can turn it off and it'll keep going. It's similar to the berries growing while you're sleeping.
>>
What all can you do after E4? Got UB's/Nihilego. Dont know where to get Type: Null and Nebby though.
>>
>>30683327
Is Electric Steel Hedgehog any good ingame?
>>
>>30683425
How much set up do you want to do?
Basically- how much do you want to set up at the beginning of the fight vs how much time do you want to spend while chaining doing stuff instead of just killing 'mon (killing alternating 'mon so the one calling for help always has pp + using leppa berries + switching + false swiping + healing + etc)

Here is one with little to no early set up, but requires all that latter stuff:

Smeargle @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Nature: Not super important. Just don't lower Def, SpD, or Spe.
- False swipe
- Recycle
- Recover
- Judgement (or any attacking move really. Having an art-dog use God's signature move is funny, although blasphemous.)

And here's a four-mon set that allows you to take on almost anything (read: everything except things that have take down / double-edge / final gambit / self-destruct / explosion) and also allows you to syncro + check abilities. (does require postbank)

Trevenant @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 126 Def / 126 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Skill Swap -ORAS MT

Smeargle @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Own Tempo
Bold Nature
- Ingrain
- Trick
- Double Team
- Baton Pass

Smeargle @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
Impish Nature
- False Swipe
- Soak
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Mew @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 6 HP
Bashful Nature
- Attack
- Role Play -ORAS MT
- Substitute -Emerald MT
- Recycle -TM GEN IV
>>
What are the odds of getting a gold bottle cap from the final path in Isle Aphun?
>>
>>30683527

Talk to Gladion at the top floor of the aether foundation for Type:Null (Syncronize works on it) and visit the area where you catch the cover legendary at night if you have Solgaleo or during the day if you have Lunala to travel to the other world, go to the lake of the sunne/moone on Ula Ula in the other world for Cosmog.
>>
Which has more influence on a stat: IVs, or nature?

Or in other words, which Pokemon will have the higher stat: One with a good IV and a detrimental nature, or one with a bad IV and a beneficial nature?
>>
>>30683683
Also; what is it that lets you swap day/night cycle whenever you want? Heard that was thing
>>
>>30683711

Depends how shit the I.V's are but a nature that takes away from a key stat is definately worse.

If you're lazy and only want to deal with one, go with nature, you can fix the I.V's later.
>>
I've been chaining Hakamo-o for about 30 minutes trying to get a razor claw, but even with compound eyes it's not dropping at all. Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>30683727

That portal that leads to the other world. The other world has inverted time.
>>
Is Breeding predetermined even before you drop off the parents now? I soft resetted a couple of times and kept having the same eggs.
>>
>>30683760
Can you collect time specific things like zygarde cells?
>>
>>30683762

The Pokemon's stats are determined when the egg is generated IIRC. Just breed like normal.
>>
>>30683762
Apparently, yes. Read a comment by someone who kept getting a shiny from the same egg despite him SR'ing to before he accepted the egg.
>>
I have this question, if I wanted someone to trade a Brionne in Lurebal with HA, it can't, right?
What if he wants to trade me an egg, that, inside this there is a Popplio in Johtoball and HA, will I be able to receive it without any problem?
>>
Which is the faster method of changing the time of day? Picking up nebby from a pc and visiting the altar or changing your system time?
>>
>>30683821

Yes.
>>
>>30683850
System time, but it locks you out of daily events for 24 hours
>>
>>30683839
I could trade a HA Chimchar, which wasn't released at the time yet, with my brother by using wireless in gen VI. I imagine it's the same in gen VII. Using WiFi won't work, though.
>>
>>30683882
Oh, is that why my day isn't updating? It's past midnight and I'm not getting the Pyukumuku chucking or the daily tea biscuit from the cafes

I tried playing it on my o3ds to see if the graphics looked better on the smaller screen, I guess that caused it
>>
>>30683327
Is there somewhere where I can find the rates of SOS only Pokemon showing up? A random youtube video I watched on chaining Espeon said the chance was 5% but I got it in on the 5th try. Meanwhile I've been chaining for a Clefairy for a good 30 minutes.
>>
What are the most efficient ways to collect Pokebeans?
>>
>>30683916
In 6gen can trade hacked Pokemon, like the one you mentioned, even using Wi-Fi
>>
>>30683839
Only local trades will work. Wifi trades will block it, even if it is in an egg.
>>
how valuable do you guys thinking a shiny HA timid dratini is? only the speed and special attack IV's are perfect the rest are above average
>>
How do I get into the competitive scene?
I've never done it, and I have no idea how it works aside from there being different rule sets.

Do I join a website?
Do I just battle whoever online?
I know that the tiers are still being made, but who decides this stuff?
>>
>>30684071

Learn about natures, Iindividual values, effort values, breeding and all that. Copy some sets from smogon to get yourself started then just practice until you can fine turn your own team with non copy pasted sets.
>>
>>30684126

I understand most of that stuff.
What I mean is, literally how do I battle?
Is it just through in game wifi battling?
Is there a website where people register?
>>
>>30684150

Pokemon showdown is the easiest way unless you wanna do the shitshow that is the games built in random battle function in festival plaza.
>>
>>30684069
correction it's jolly not timid
>>
>>30683711
Depends.
Nature has a multiplicative effect, so if a pokemon has naturally high stats and EVs in a specific stat nature is better.
If it's a shitty stat, IVs might have a bigger impact.
>>
>>30684071
>>30684150

http://pokemonshowdown.com/ is where most people practice. You can make your own Pokemon builds there without actually having to go through the effort of breeding or training.
Try a random battle right now, no registration required if you just want to see what it's like.

Smogon tiers aren't "official" and are only used in online simulators like Showdown or community tournaments. Official tournaments use different rules and are double battles.

Natures are not hard to understand at all like just go to any page that pops up when you google "pokemon natures"
>>
>>30684150
Do the ranked thing.
Check competitive pokemon stuff on the gl site.
>>
>>30684182
>>30684212
>>30684223

Thanks guys.

Next question.
How was Gen 7 competitively? I know it's way too early to know, but does it look like any of the new mons are going to show up in the competitive scene?

I've heard that all Gen7 Pokemon are slow as fuck, is this true, or such a bad thing?
>>
>>30684150
pokemon-gl.com to register your game to do rated battles, but go into festival plaza and do free battle spot to practice on strangers using vgc rules
>>
>>30684263
Gen 7 pokes are either really fast, or really slow, without much inbetween. Megas are useless now, and A-marowak and Tapu's are current meta.
>>
>>30684263
Marowak, Toxapex, all of the UBs (sans Guzzlord), all of the Tapus and a few others I think will be OU.
>>
>>30684308
Why are Megas useless now?
>>
File: IMG_8066.png (65KB, 200x166px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8066.png
65KB, 200x166px
Why would I start injecting if hackers can lend me BottleCaps for free ?
>>
>>30684323
Illegal in gen 7 vgc rules. You can use them in rating battles, but I wouldnt practice with them because then you get used to them.
>>
>>30684385

Holy shit why Gamefreak?
>>
>>30684069
>>30684184
In what context? Some people will care about the IVs and nature, others will just see shiny Dratini and be fine with that.
>>
>>30684342
>tfw you inject gold lvl 1 6iv caterpies/magikarps with gold bottle caps for wondertrade
I do good anon?
>>
>>30684428
like are shinies viewed as the same value as mythical pokemon on the GTS or here
>>
>>30684407
They want to enhance z-move usage, and usually z moves are a ohko already. Pair that with megas who get boosted stats you already have two reserve items for a team. Personally i see why they did it, but would rather they didnt.

>>30684456
Depends who youre trading to. Some people dont care about competitive, and collect shinies. Others see shiny as arbitrary and stats matter. Sounds like you need to trade to the former.
>>
>>30684323
>>30684385
They'll be getting rid of them next gen anyway

The signs are all there: reducing their availability, trying to paint it in a bad light with the dex entries
>>
>>30684436
Not everyone is a Butterfree fan but it's good
>>
>>30684503
I think its just an alola thing. Next gen will probably be about even with m stones and z crystals. I just hope they dont have another gimmick up their sleeve.

>>30684524
Its about that gold senpai.
>>
>>30684503

>trying to paint it in a bad light with the dex entries

Care to explain?
>>
>>30683985
Can someone please answer this even if the answer is "No"?
>>
>>30684565
A lot of dex entries state how mega forms are seen as unnatural and forced. Couple NPC's say the same thing i think too.
>>
>>30684565
Not that guy, but apparently some of the dex entries for Megas imply that the pokemon goes through a lot of suffering to change into a mega and back again. Considering it's a thing that allegedly requires "a strong bond" and also basically overclocking the pokemon, that doesn't surprise me.

Dex entries have always been filled with edgy grimdark shit we never see in the games, though. Saying "Megas will die because GF made them look bad" isn't really an argument.
>>
>>30684565
>gen 6
>pokemon mega evolve through the power of friendship! =D
>gen 7
>MEGA EVOLUTION IS EXTREMELY PAINFUL AND TURNS POKEMON INTO BLOODTHIRSTY MONSTERS
>>
>>30683985
Serebii, on the page for the route they're on.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/alola/melemelesea.shtml

Here's the one for Mareanie, for instance.
>>
What do I do if I want to play multiplayer without having a win / loss record.
>>
>>30684652
Well I'm a fucking idiot. I use Serebii every day, I never saw that you can click "Toggle SOS details". Thanks anon.
>>
>>30683496
bumping
>>
Vikavolt is my new favorite Pokemon.
Any recommendations to make him competitive?
>>
>>30684714
git gud

>>30684771
>>30683496
Slowhax is coming, just be patient and dont update
>>
>>30684385
>m-muh vgc
you stop that
>>
I ended up with a Jolly 4IV Solgaleo. Is it more time-consuming to soft-reset for 5IV (sans SpAtk) or to level it to Lv100 so that I can use bottle caps?
>>
>>30684977
Hes asking to get into competitive play, which uses VGC rules. Dont be mad at me bc of what gamefreak does.
>>
how does instruct work if the target is holding metronome? Can someone test?
>>
Is there a way to assemble zygarde at level 100
>>
I accidentally encountered an ultra beast, my team is no where near it's level and I don't have beast balls, if I run / die to it will it still appear?
>>
does unaware ignore evasion boosts
>>
>>30685514
Yes. They'll stay in the spawn areas until you capture them, regardless of whether you kill it or flee.
>>
>>30685514
Yes
>>
File: tauros.jpg (79KB, 400x558px) Image search: [Google]
tauros.jpg
79KB, 400x558px
Is Tauros faster than a bike? I can't help but feel eggs are hatching faster in Sun than compared to XY.
>>
>>30685584
>>30685586
Whew

Thanks anons
>>
>>30685593

Tauros takes roughly 35 step units per second. I did a little experiment with timing how long it took an egg to hatch.
>>
>>30685593
They are. Theres a spot in panoila ranch where you can hatch eggs in just a couple minutes by running in circles on tauros.
>>
are link battles level 50 or level 100?
can you choose?
>>
>>30686125
Using flat rules theyre 50. 100 if you use handicapped and have lvl 100 mons.
>>
I saw someone post on here once about a Type: Null build? I'm assuming eviolite but I'm not sure the moveset to use.
>>
Does EV training take a long time now because it's passive?
>>
>>30686295
Silvally is better in virtually every fashion. Eviolite Type:Null isn't that good of a tank.

I could see it getting some traction in Little Cup MAYBE, but there are better tanks to run even in that format.

Still, Parting Shot is useful. He also gets every flavor of Fang, and Iron Head. I run Iron Head, Fang of Choice (Usually Ice or Thunder), X-Scissor, and Parting Shot.
>>
>>30686307
If you use the Pelago, it's 15 hours (63 sessions with a fully-upgraded Island, halved by beans) per stat.

If you've got the right Power item and a decent supply of Adrenaline Orbs, you can SOS chain wild pokemon to get EVs faster.
>>
>>30686339
Someone on here was boasting a great Type Null build once and I wish I had screencapped it. I just got another one from GTS and I want to experiment.
>>
>>30686307
If you have the appropriate Power item and Pokerus, it takes only a chain of 7 1EV mons to get 252 EVs.
>>
I fucked up and left my Soothe Bell on a Pikachu and just traded it.
Is there another way to get a Soothe Bell or am I fucked?
I have both games but I don't want to start a new game and get to that point just to trade over one item.
>>
>>30686624
You can either get one at the BT or the BR I forget which one. It's 32 BP.
>>
>>30686679

Battle Royal I believe. BT is just evo items, mega stones, and battle items like the life orb. Breeding and raising tools are at the royal.
>>
If I taunt Pokemon A with Pokemon B then withdraw Pokemon B from battle. Will Pokemon A stay taunted?
>>
>>30686741
Yes, until Pokemon A retreats or faints.
>>
Best way to grind xp to 100?
>>
>>30687373
Affection boost + Lucky egg.

Grind out the Pokes in the patch of grass outside the Battle Tree. Don't fall for the Elite 4 meme. The cutscenes/animations before and after every battle as well as the time spent running to the next battle. You may get more exp per Pokemon fainted but in my opinion it isn't enough to justify all the downtown in between battles.
>>
Do UB's have set natures? I caught two Buzzwoles and both were adamant, no synchronizers on my team. Retried and they were both adamant again
>>
>>30688215
Nope, you're just stupid lucky.
>>
>>30688291
Guaranteed Mallow what with her food experimentation
>>
>>30688215
>>30688282
Two of my cousins who know nothing of natures both have timid xurkitrees as well. Just dumb luck I guess
>>
>>30689412
Maybe...post moar?
>>
>>30688215
I don't think so. I had three Pheromosas and they had different natures. One had a Calm nature, one had a Serious nature, and the other one had a Lonely nature.
>>
How do I spawn Oranguru in the Malie City Malasada shop?
>>
What are all the trade evolutions in this game?
>>
File: 1479845650306.png (1MB, 2552x2704px) Image search: [Google]
1479845650306.png
1MB, 2552x2704px
>>30689776
>>
>>30683463
pokemon stars on the nintendo switch March 17
>>
>>30689683
It has to be at night
>>
Is A-Raticate any good? Im not aiming for ubers tier good but like can i fuck at least one person up online with one?
>>
>>30688215
I have 3 gentle Kartanas and 1 brave :(
>>
Is there a faster/more reliable way to get a team of 6 to 100 other than lucky egg+pokemon league.

Also do your pokemon actually have to be 100 if they have max IV's/ev's and at atleast 50. Does it make a difference competitively?
>>
>>30689802
Good to know. What about returning ones? Or are some of them not in this game?
>>
>>30689855
Online and battle facilities will change anything over 50 to 50, so you don't have to worry about levels unless you are doing hyper training.
>>
I want to transfer from bw2 to moon, can i still gen everything from bw? Is there a way to completely fill the dex and transfer? I lent my cousin the game years ago and my file's been deleted.
>>
>>30689898
Good to know thx. Just gotta get my ultra beasts to 100 for hyper training but everything else i could breed iv's for.
>>
Does SOS chaining actually increase the chance of shinies? If so, does it increase with each appearance or is it a one time boost?
>>
File: 1435061469489.png (43KB, 201x340px) Image search: [Google]
1435061469489.png
43KB, 201x340px
>>30683327
I'm fucking mad I double checked every spots a thousand times and I'm still at a 99% cells count.
Is that bug or something ?
>>
>>30690148
Nope you missed one. Look for ones specifically that show up at times of the day.
>>
>>30690173
I hope you're right but I checked 2 times each already, i'm worried.
>>
>>30690196
IT happened to me too. Did you get all the ones in poni that unlock post elite 4?
>>
>>30690243
Yeah, I think so. I'll try again tomorrow, I'm too tired right now.
>>
Does anyone have a list of legally obtainable Pokemon with Hidden Abilities?
>>
I'm trying to pick my team for my second play through, could you guys give me some suggestions? I'm trying to pick one from each section to form a team.

Starter: Decidueye

---------------
Lapras
Azumarill
Lanturn
Starmie
Vaporeon
Politoed
Slowking
---------------
Salazzle
Marowak
---------------
Dragonite
Kingdra
Haxorus
---------------
Mimikyu
Gengar
Ribombee
---------------
Mudsdale
Mamoswine
Lycanroc
Sandslash
>>
>>30690196
I had an issue with two Zygarde cells, one was up the stairs by tapu finis cavern. Not like down by her cave entrance but if you go back up the stairs and out exit, theres one at night by that statue.

Another one was in Ilima's house, I had been checking upstairs instead of downstairs because they look almost the same.

I thought I had a bug for a couple of day, but nope it was me being retarded.
>>
So when wild pokemon come to the pelago, how likely will they stay? How often should I check up on them?
>>
>>30687486
>>30687373
There's also the Battle Buffet, which, while normally being a once a day thing, can be manipulated so you can do it as many times as you want. Also it's a good place to money grind
>>
>>30683327
I bred a Golisopod with aqua jet. If I breed that Golisopod with a Ditto, will the offspring know aqua jet, or do I have to breed it with Surskit again?
>>
does Synchronize still work with a fainted pokemon in the front?
>>
>>30683463
Beat Guzma
>>
>>30691152
As long as the golsipod/wimpod with aqua jet knows aqua jet when it breeds with a ditto the offspring will know aqua jet
>>
Not exactly an appropriate question for the thread, but does anyone have a team navy blue and/or team purple dye house in their plaza?
>>
>>30691217
Nice, that'll save me some time!
>>
how does instruct work on mega kangaskhan?
>>
Can you get an Adaptability Porygon without an Ability capsule?.
>>
>>30690535
Any pokemon in the Alola Dex that isn't a Starter, a UB, a Tapu, a Legendary, Type:Null/Silvally, or in the Porygon line can theoretically have its hidden ability if you find it in the wild.

You just gotta SOS chain it.
>>
>>30689683
I too had this problem, regardless of game time. Eventually he was just there like 6 nights later.
>>
Why the fuck do I have 13 Pearls? I just sold them all yesterday, how did I get so many so fast?
>>
>>30689683
What?
>>
>>30691830
Fishing.
>>
If a prankster Pokemon gets magic bounced but the prankster itself is dark type, does the move fail or still carry through?
>>
>>30691241
Still ISO this, but also who would be a good 3rd for battle tree singles with:

Jolly moxie Gyarados @ leftovers
Dragon dance
Waterfall
Earthquake
Stone edge

Adamant lightning rod Marowak @ thick club
Flare blitz
Will o wisp
Shadow bone
Bonemerang
>>
>>30683327
Does anyone know where I can find a dusk stone? Got one for my Murkrow, but now I need one for my Doublade and Lampent.
>>
>>30692624
Pelago
>>
>>30692648
Elaborate?
>>
>>30692661

One of the upgrades at poke pelago allows you to hunt for stones.

It gives you a good number of stones every 12/24 hours but it picks from a random selection.
>>
>>30684023
Keep going back to pelageo and dragging your stylus around the beans.
>>
>>30692741
Huh, interesting. Sure miss getting ones from Super Training though, it was tedious but it was faster.
>>
>>30692741
>drag
shit I've been tapping them and sometimes a Pokémon would walk on them and block it.
>>
If I get an Island scan pokemon, and evolve it all the way (rhyhorn to rhyperior), will all the evolutions be in my pokedex when the national dex comes out?

Or would it be safer to just hold on to the rhyhorn and wait to evolve it.
>>
>>30692956
Why would you lose the data?
When have you ever lost data upon upgrading to National?

???
>>
>>30683753

Compound eyes has no effect beyond the first in the chain.

It took me two hojrs to get a light ball for my pikachu.

Good luck.
>>
>>30683762

Determined by the ditto.

You can switch the other poke once you find out where the shiney is in the order.
>>
>>30693051
I dunno nigga there's no pokedex entries for Island scan pokemon yet

I'll take your answer as a yes then
>>
>>30692956
I'd say wait until you know you're safe. I think you need to have one in bank for it to even register the dex entry.
>>
What nature for alolan grimer/muk should I get?
>>
Whats the best place to run around and hatch eggs in?
>>
>>30693112
Hm, now I actually see your concern, thinking about it more. There might not be an actual in-game National Dex, only in Bank, and Bank can't see your Rhyhorn yet. Might wanna wait.
>>
>>30693179
Route 8
>>
>>30693179
The straight path right under the nursery, an NPC even straight up says "I see lots of trainers with eggs here"
>>
>>30693179
I use Malie City
>>
File: 1480543873903.gif (2MB, 560x430px) Image search: [Google]
1480543873903.gif
2MB, 560x430px
>>30693179
The autism box

when you exit the day care, see that little fenced area in front of you? go inside it, spawn your Tauros, hold down B and start spinning.
>>
>>30693187
The Autism Box
>>
>>30693179
I just use the path that's below the ranch, A little short, but it's close to the ranch to stock up on more eggs when they all hatch.
>>
>>30693215
Fuck, meant for >>30693179
Sorry dude
>>
>>30693179
Pure hatching of eggs? Autism Box. Walk inside the box directly south of the egg lady and spawn your Tauros. Rotate the analog stick.

Hatching eggs while also collecting more? I find it better to ram your Tauros' head against the Nursery building, alternating top right and top left on the analog stick to keep moving. It takes a little more attention than the Autism Box but it's much, much faster for collecting new eggs.
>>
>>30693209
>>30693215
>>30693236
Do you guys ever get sore thumbs from doing that?
>>
>>30693252
Nah. You can rotate pretty slowly and the 3DS analog stick is soft. It's no more stressful on the thumb than walking around normally during the story.
>>
Does anyone have a good set for Minior?
>>
>>30693280
Minior @ White Herb
Shell Smash
Acrobatics
Stone Edge
Earthquake
>>
>>30693280
Smash
Gem
Acrobatics
Quake
>>
File: 1479614483360.jpg (51KB, 966x827px) Image search: [Google]
1479614483360.jpg
51KB, 966x827px
>>30693294
>>30693302
I'm guessing Jolly right?
>>
its my first time really going in deep on a pokemon game regarding breeding/IVs/EVs/natures

how do i get started? I just finished the main story and kinda lost on how to begin. Do i just start chaining dittos? then what? sorry for sounding like a newfag
>>
Can I get the Mon exclusive clothes in Sun through the Festivla Plaza ordering?
>>
>>30692199
a steel type
>>
I've found at least 3 or 4 spots in game where walking over a particular spot on the ground makes an unusual noise.

what the fuck is that
>>
File: WordFilter.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
WordFilter.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
Is this a usable Fini for Battle Tree while I pick up Bottle Caps in the meantime?
>>
>>30693829
>Low HP
Try again.
>>
>>30693748
Probably PokeFinder. Press R.
>>
>>30693380
Breed Abra for Synchronize natures, Synchronize some Ditto natures, chain Ditto for IVs, acquire Destiny Knot via Pickup, journey to Battle Tree to unlock IV Judge.
>>
>>30693866
Which IVs are most important, seeing as I get 3 guareteed. I just use it for Battle Tree
>>
Just want to make sure. It's safe to Rare Candy stuff to 100 after EV training right? It won't affect stat gain?
>>
>>30694017
yeah it's safe
>>
File: 1479579292556.png (174KB, 562x389px) Image search: [Google]
1479579292556.png
174KB, 562x389px
What are the best Pokemon to EV train on?
>>
>>30694085
Route 1 gives you Caterpie for HP, Pikipek for Attack. Trainer's school gives you Magnemite for Sp.Atk. Digletts Cave gives you Golbat and Digletts for Speed. I don't remember what gives you Sp.Def sorry
>>
>>30694121
Thanks m80
>>
>>30690621
Slowking, Salazzle, Kingdra, Mimikyu, and Mudsdale would be my picks
>>
>>30694121
Drowzee and Tentacool are good options
>>
>>30694121
Ledyba for sp def.
>>
What are the desired natures for maerinies
>>
>>30694085
If it's night time, A.Rattata on Route 1 for Speed
>>
When the National Dex comes out, will all my radar mons be atomically registered?
>>
>>30694121
>Magnemite for Sp.Atk
>EV training on a pokemon that can have Sturdy
The Oricorio in the meadow are better, they yield 2 EV too.
>>
So this may seem like a dumb question but;

If I used powersaves on one of my Buzzwoles to scale it down to level 1 so that I can use it to transfer over to Moon for a fresh run, will the bank recognize that I fucked with it? I wasn't going to fuck with IV because I know that's something that can trip up the bank.
>>
Honestly, do you guys think its better to try eviolite crabrawler, or evolve it into crabominable or just box the dude? I'm right outside Po city and I'm using the eviolite on a Magneton right now.
>>
Does anyone know the exact date that Pokémon can be transferred from XY/ORAS? I'm aware it's in January but I really want my mons in one place.
>>
>>30694653
Why not evolve Magneton? I don't know a great deal about stats or competitive viability btw.
>>
>>30694682
I assume that he hasn't beaten th game yet, so it's not like he can evolve Magneton right now anyway

>>30694653
Personally I'd just drop Crawbrawler altogether. You probably realized at this point that he's lagging behind, and it only gets worse from now on: he'll probbaly be useless on Aether foundation, Ultra Space, the last trial, etc, and Crabominable is pretty shitty anyway, and definitevely not worth carrying a shitmon around for the entire game only to evolve it at the very last location.

IDK, get a Machamp or something for a Fighting-type or something
>>
So Z-Parting Shot, right? Haven't had the chance to test it out, so I'm wondering if the heal comes in before or after entry-hazards. I'm thinking it might be used, albeit gimmickly, to give Golisopod a second wind.
>>
How fast does PokePelago hatch eggs?
>>
>>30694780
Not as fast as a bike with talonflame
>>
>>30694682
Other anon was correct, magneton can't evolve until further than where I am. As far as the stats, I'm still trying to figure out where the balance on HP vs Defenses matter. In competitive play, eviolite probably wouldn't work since people usually have knock-off, but in game it works.

>>30694730
I was just comparing his sad defense and attack now. I'm sort of bummed to see him go but thems the breaks I guess.

I don't need a fighting type necessarily, Mudsdale can cover fighting or I might run a Poliwrath since its been a while since I used one. Time to see what looks interesting.
>>
can you only find certain zygarde cells in day or night?
>>
Golisopod or Toxapex for my water type?
>>
>>30694882
Yes, altough if you beat the game already you can switch between night and day to collect them faster. Serebii has all the cells listed complete with info about them being night/day exclusives, altough I'd recommend watching a video because some of serebii's screenshots are kinda hard for you to locate yourself on the map

I got an headache because I was at 99/100 yesterday and I couldn't figure out where the last cell was. Turns out it was the Route 7 one, except that route has two identical rocks near the water and I checked the wrong one.

>>30694900
Golisopod learns the first water-type move, Liquidation at Lv48, you cannot make him remember Razor Shell until the E4 and Waterfall is only obtained on Poni Island, shich is end-game anyway. I suppose you could breed a Wimpod with Aqua Jet, but I think that's more trouble than it's worth for in-game.

So, if you're looking for someone to use water moves, go with Toxapex. I'd recommend Araquanid over any of them, though
>>
>>30694925
I'm at the mountain before the Elite 4 right now so I think I should be able to get Liquidation fairly quickly
>>
>>30694985
Oh, I thought you were still fairly early-game. In that case, sure, get a Golisopod
>>
File: [Yamatogawa] Imp pg 20.png (431KB, 1130x478px) Image search: [Google]
[Yamatogawa] Imp pg 20.png
431KB, 1130x478px
>>30679524
The designation's have never really solidified for those kinds. The closest would be a backless halter top with ties for closure. Fashion's retarded so you'll never find something remotely close even if you looked for years unless it gets picked up by a quality cosplay store. If you live in a vaguely civilized area you should be able to work out a design with a reputable high end tailor or costume designer that doesn't mind customer fuss to make some extra bucks.
>>
which pokemon would be best for catching purposes

shroomish isnt available so im lost in the dark here and fomantis doesnt learn spore

i wish i had my shiny brellom with spore/false swipe from oras
>>
>>30695341
S/M doesn't have a way to catch stuff with egg moves like we did with the dexnav in ORAS right? I don't like the idea of having to grind to 60 just for a sporepuncher
>>
Can Ash-Greninja breed? Not pass down the ability, just give me a normal Froakie
>>
>>30683425
>>30683567
is it just me or is smeargle too pathetically weak to even be able to chain after all the prep? or am I really supposed to get it to 100 and IV train it so it can actually do damage?
>>
>>30695341
Butterfree at the start for its compound eyes then Parasect for Spore + False Swipe.
>>
>>30695822
Butterfree also gets thief for anytone wanting items
>>
I keep being told 252 hp Evs for tsreena but others say 252. def which is it
>>
>>30683327
In the demo, there is that route to Ten Carat Hill. Does that appear anywhere in the final game?
>>
>>30696563
You get access to Ten Carat Hill after you beat the first Kahuna
>>
Is there really no other way of getting Lapras other than while surfing in Poni Wilds?
5% while Surfing is shit since the encounter rate while Surfing is so low.
>>
File: 1479725260435.png (268KB, 509x607px) Image search: [Google]
1479725260435.png
268KB, 509x607px
>Go to put Lucky Egg onto new Shiinotic bro for grinding
>Lucky Egg isn't in inventory
>Lucky Egg isn't in PC
>Lucky Egg isn't carried by anything in Poke Pelago
>Lucky Egg is gone

C-can wild Pokemon using Knock Off cause you to permanently lose your Lucky Egg or did I WT that shit away?
>>
>>30696867
get lucky with pelago
>>
>>30696867

Honey or sweet scent might be a solution

But after chaining a shiny female moxie pinsir, that doesn't seem that bad
>>
>>30696887
ya dun goof'd
>>
How does Synchronizers in SOS work?
>>
>>30696896
>>30696897
I actually got lucky and found one in my second encounter.
Motherfucker also used Perish Song and I just barely caught it before it KO'd itself.
>>
Does levelling Pokemon with the Exp Share give them EVs?
>>
Currently chaining for a breeding Ditto how many KOs do I need for the 4 iv cap again 40?
>>
Is there a list of all Pokemon, categorized by base Speed?

>>30696937
Yes.

>>30696910
They still work, but not if they're fainted in front.
The synchronizer has to be active for the SOS-called Pokemon to have the desired nature.
Otherwise, the game moves them to the back, so only the first Pokemon you find is synchronized.
>>
>>30697270
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/LPBBS
Use the arrows next to the titles to order them by stats.
>>
>>30696887

Lucky Egg and Shiny Charm are key items now.
>>
>>30697020
I believe it's 40

What's an easy trick/switcheroo mon?
>>
File: meem.png (84KB, 875x207px) Image search: [Google]
meem.png
84KB, 875x207px
what should I add to my team?
was thinking about Umbreon, Espeon or maybe Ninetails
>>
>>30697466
Bruxish for type autism.
>>
>>30697381
Drowsee/Kadabra/Meowth
The move re-learner lets you learn any move now even ones that you haven't reached the level for yet excl. egg moves so there is no need to grind for moves be it for utility or egg move fodder.
>>
>>30697466
Sandslash
>>
>>30696887
>>30697348
Update: It's not a key item, but I'm a fucking idiot. I stuck the Lucky Egg in the favorites section of the bag ages ago and couldn't find it because I was looking in the normal inventory section
>>
>>30697549
She's already plenty weak to ground with Salazzle, Lycanroc and Pikachu.
>>
>>30697580
Wew lad 10/10 I almost took the bait
>>
>>30697466
Golisopod
>>
>>30696548
You can do both, dingus.

>>30696563
Nope. The area leading to Ten Carat HIll in the demo seems to have been exclusively designed for the demo. It's SIMILAR to the south end of Route 2, but different enough to be obviously a different map.
>>
>>30697677
But I already maxed it's attack I meant what do I invest the other 252 in?
>>
What are my chances of a shiny pokemon if I have both the Shiny Charm and I'm using a Japanese Ditto for breeding? Around 1000 right?

Also does anyone know if Pokerus/Power Items increase the EV yield when pokemon are grinding in Pelago?

AND ONE LAST THING, I decided to go for an adamant Necrozma so I could run a mixed set or use Swords Dance. Did I fuck up?
>>
>>30698024
Either one. HP is useful, but Defense is also useful.
>>
If I want my Buzzwole to be bulky, should I put 252 into its HP, or half in HP and half in defense?
>>
>>30696867
I have an extra Lapras laying around I think if you want to hop on the GTS.
>>
>>30698077
252 HP, slap an Assault Vest on it.
>>
>>30698129
Good idea. I was hoping to run my gainsbug with Bulk Up though.
>>
>>30698054
Pokerus doesn't affect Pelago training. I found this out the hard way after grinding an entire box and a half of pokemon to Pokerus status and then discovered that none of them were training faster in the Pelago. I assume the Power items are the same.

Dunno why you're concerned about Necrozma since you can't use him in competitive enviornments anyway, but Necrozma's clearly meant to be a Special Attacker, or a Mixed Attacker at the very least. He's got 20 more base SpA than PhA, and most of the moves he learns are Special, including his signature move.
>>
>>30692956

Isn't the national dex being made a bank only thing? Wait for that and evolve it if you don't have one sitting in bank already.
>>
>>30693252

After a bit, the spa in Pelago has seen some use from me as a result. Mainly for Peudo's since they take forever.
>>
>>30693953

You might want to stick to tested singles teams that kick facility ass to grind bottle caps. Shit like HA Dragonite.
>>
>>30695633
Nope.
>>
>>30694780

Too slow for active breeding, consider it only for when you're one generation away from what you need and you're breeding something that takes a long ass time to hatch like Pseudo's. In that case you'd rush out 18 eggs then let them rot in the spa for a day while you do something else.
>>
>>30698175
I found his Physical movepool to be much better. If I remember right the only notable SpA he gets is Power Gem .
>>
>>30698221
I'm so excited to finish training my Perfect IV Aegislash. I have a feeling the AI has no idea how to counter it.
>>
I have 3 Treasure Hunts ** and apparently introducing another one costs 400. What the fuck, shouldn't it be 200?
>>
>>30698912
If you already have it, the cost doubles. I think the cost keeps going up the more of them you get.
>>
How do I even join the Battle of Alola Battle thing? I want the 50 free BP.
>>
>>30698253
Can't you just use not methods?
> Collect 5 eggs while
> Dump them into hot springs
> Collect another 5
> Circle in the box with Magma Armor while waiting for new eggs.
>>
if i kill the original pokemon, and the assistance becomes the new caller; is this the same chain?

I don't want this corsola to struggle to death and i'm not sure how much longer it will have pp left
>>
Does Wish even excist in this game and what people can learn it?

Want to let smeargle learn wish so iI can breed an eevee with Wish
>>
>>30683565
No Steel STAB but other than that not terrible.
>>
>>30699446
Alomomola should be in the game somewhere since Wishiwashi calls for it in the trial.
>>
>>30699446
Togepi line, from Island Scan.
>>
I just started the game and I don't like most of the early mons (why the fuck is mostly Gen I mons?)

What is the best option? I don't want to beat the trial with just an overleveled starter.
>>
File: 720043.png (4KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
720043.png
4KB, 100x100px
>>30699577
slowpoke
>>
File: WhyIsThisNicknameAllowed.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
WhyIsThisNicknameAllowed.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
Okay, finally caught it again, how usuable is this Fini with its Sp.Atk IV? Will it really make a huge difference?
>>
Isle Avue isn't just for hatching eggs, it also increases friendship, right?
How long should a Pokemon go in there to get it to max happiness if I want to evolve it?
>>
Currently sos chaining for Politoed, is there any other specific basic stuff I should be doing besides occasionally switching in Drizzle Peliper to reset rain?

I have leppa berries for days so my pp isn't an issue.
>>
>>30699577
Sadly the encounter rates are really off, most the new pokemon are the third and/or fourth most rare encounter in every area.

Grab a Magnemite or a Grimer, both of which are available near the trainer school and carry them until you decide you don't want to.
>>
>>30699919
It only shows up with natural weather. Any weather inducing abilities or moves will not work.
>>
>>30699427

Only if it's the same species or evolutionary line. If you kill the original Corsola and the replacement is a Corsola, the chain survives.

...I think.
>>
>>30699987
Wrong.
>>
None of the alolan versions of old pokémon have any gender differences, correct?
Alolan rattata and raticate are completely the same regardless of gender?
>>
>>30700228
Yes they are
>>
I just noticed my 3DS clock is off Because local government likes changing timezone every year
How can I change it without fucking anything up? I need to advance it 1 hour.
I remember previous games had protection against tampering with clock and would lock you out of daily events.
>>
>>30683327
Where's the Move Tutor?

I accidentally deleted High Jump Kick from Tsareena and I need it back now.
>>
>>30700376
Can't, you'll get locked out of events for 24-48 hours
>>
>>30699825
Also, does anything happen if a Pokemon stays there too long?
>>
>>30700442
Elite Four pokemon center
>>
>>30700442
The Move Rearner is at Mount Lanakila, in the Pokecenter right before the E4. So depending on where you are, a long ass time from now
>>
>>30700514
Thanks
>>
>>30700468
They start to lose happiness after 24 hours

>>30699754
So is this usable?
>>
>>30700445
Fucking hell. I'm near Seaward Cave all prepped to catch Totodile and fucking Cindaquil shows up again.
Now I have to wait another hour.
>>
Is Archen rare in Moon? I've got Sun and I've put all kinds of Pokemon on the GTS to try and get one but nobody has traded, it's been days now.
>>
Anyone else fucking pissed off at how shitty the Stamps in the Trainer Passport are as "achievements"?

>all excited when I saw I only had 6 out of the 15 stamps by postgame.
>thought of all the cool shit that could be the other stamps
>thought obviously only one of them would be Pokedex completion
>Beat Master in Battle Royale, no stamp
>Collect every TM, no stamp
>catch all the Tapu, no stamp
>decide to look it up
>5 achievements are pokedex completion cause "lol, island dexes count differently!"
>3 are doing 50 fights in each ring of Battle Tree (not bad, but kinda dickish with how broken Battle Tree can get)
>1 for COMPLETELY UPGRADING THE POKEFINDER

Seriously, what the fuck is this garbage?
>>
>>30700641
So if I take a Pokemon out before 24 hours, is there a cooldown period before I would be able to put it back in without losing happiness?
How any hours would it take to get max happiness?
>>
>>30693051
If you look at the GTS you can still search for those pokemon. They count as seen somewhere.
>>
>>30701233
People only tend to trade their fossils straight across for the equivalent.
>>
>>30683327
Where do I need to go for the last Tampon concerning Battle Tree?
>>
>>30701346

Didn't know it was a fossil, explains why nobody has traded. Cheers.
>>
>>30701455
If you mean the last stamp, it's not a Battle Tree one, but rather getting level 5 in the Poke Finder.
>>
I saved a Battle Video, how the fuck do I share it?
>>
>>30701256
You don't have to take it out just check its status and it will reset the timer.
>>
>>30683327
What's the easiest way to win at Battle Royale for the Idol throwing animation?
>>
>>30701478
I used PkHex for 50 consecutives victories for Battle Tree
And I don't know where to go to check those stamps
>>
>>30701620
Trainer Passport, bottom screen.
>>
>>30701642
I know that it's there but who do I need to talk to get them validate?
>>
>>30701458
What is your current offer lad I have one I can give you.
>>
>>30701743

Level 45 Vulpix, modest nature. Cheers if you can find it.
>>
>Necrozma's sum of base stats is 600
WHY? That's pseudo-legend tier.
>>
>>30701616
I'm told a Muk that uses Minimize 3 times, uses Substitute, and spams Sludge Bomb until you can KO something with Knock Off works wonders.
>>
>>30701642
>>30701620
>>30701699
>>30701478
>>30701455
You can't get the Battle Tree Stamps with PkHex. Even if you put 50 consectuives victories, the game won't mark the stamps.
>>
When does the E4 challenger get decided? Can you soft reset for a certain trainer before the cutscene or is this decided at the start of the E4?
>>
Anyone know if it's possible to get a dusk stone from pelago?

I've been doing nothing but stone hunting at the caves for a while now and I haven't found one.
>>
>>30701865

Can't you just put in 49 wins in super singles then just beat Red? His Mega zards are the only things he uses that are remotely threatning and if you're cheating already, you can just use a permanat Mega Pidgeot with OHKO moves.
>>
>>30702041

Save before sitting on the chair and you should be fine.
>>
>>30701797
Korean? If not can you take it out and resubmit it I'm on like page 7 now and I have only come across 1.
>>
>>30702120

It's been traded. Thanks to whoever it was.
>>
Raised a whole party of Meowth to level 60 and still no destiny knot. Plz send help.
>>
>>30702307
Be lazy and just lose the Battle Royale a few times while watching some youtube videos. You'll get enough BP for a Knot in no time.
>>
>>30702081
Tried to put everything at 49.
When I talk to the Tree NPC, I start at 1st Battle Tree match
>>
I caught all the Tapu. Is there anything more to it? I saw discussion of lore elsewhere earlier and figured it'd be tied to post-game content, but I'm not finding anything.
>>
is there a NPC that gives you a dubious disc? i dont want to farm for one at the battle tree
>>
>>30702591
Go too aether paradise and beat Faba again
>>
>>30702591
Aether member in one of the labs post-game, the lab is the one before the one where Wicke is in
>>
Anyone have a HA poliwag/whirl whatever they could trade me?
>>
>>30700208
"In some areas of the game, there is often natural weather. In Malie Garden, Exeggutor Island, Lush Jungle and Route 17, there is rain. In Haina Desert, there is often a Sandstorm and in Tapu Village & Mount Lanakila, there is snow. With this, when the weather is in effect, the game will instead shift to include a new and unique SOS Battle table. This table provides unique Pokémon that can't be found anywhere else except within the S.O.S. Battles during the weather. This means getting the Pokémon can be somewhat tricky."

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/sosbattle.shtml
>>
>>30701825
Hmm I'll check that out
>>
Just got to Poni Island. Where exactly can I finally evolve my Charjabug? Like, is it pretty soon after you get there, or is there a shitload of stuff to do first?
>>
>>30702690
You clearly haven't checked yourself otherwise you'd know you're wrong so stop spreading misinformation.
>>
>>30702841
Vast Poni Canyon. It's not too long into the island before you get to it.
>>
>>30702873
Thanks. Can I level it anywhere, or is there a specific patch of grass I need to do it in, like with an electric rock or something?
>>
>>30703087
Anywhere on the route works, you can also evolve Magneton and Nosepass there aswell.
>>
>inject perfect IV/EV/nature mons for story because I lost my save
>go against Hau when he first gets A-Raichu
>instantly sweeps 4/6 of my team and oneshots donkey and cubone with Psychic, have to pop revives or lose the fight

what the FUCK since when was he so strong?
>>
Any list of rare mons?

So far I've collected
>Comfey
>Passimian
>Bagon
>Dratini
>Chinchou
>Shelder
>Lapras
>Kangaskhan
>Steel anchor thing
>Mimikyu
>Pyukumiku(?)
>Bruxish
>Feebas
>Relicanth
>>
So, it's impossible to get the HA versions of Island Scan mons pre pokemon bank?

Really need an Emboar with Reckless for my monotype team.
>>
>>30704167
From what I've heard it's imposible.
>>
>>30704073
He's not all that rare, but you need to get Sharpedo on Poni Breaker Coast (I think it was there) to get a Carvahna.
>>
File: bbbb.png (794KB, 535x550px) Image search: [Google]
bbbb.png
794KB, 535x550px
what is that blue thing inside stat hexagon?

at first i thought its EVs but its not empty on freshly caught pokemon
>>
>>30703322
He gave you those revives to prepare your butt.
>>
>>30704265
Just got a sharpedo...

Anything else come to mind?
>>
>>30704450
It's just showing how huge the numbers get. The further out it is, the stronger the pokemon is. It doesn't have any hidden meaning.

Think of it like the scouters from Dragon Ball Z.
>>
>>30704572
Gastrodon and Granbull both have preevo forms not found in the wild. I can't think of any others off hand though.
>>
>>30704706
got them both

Man, it's easy to miss some of these mons but it's pretty easy to find them once you know where to look
>>
>>30704450
Basically just a visual to show what your pokemons strengths and weaknesses are overall, the scale is the same for all pokemon its kind of like a bell curve though not linear the first 3 segments go up to 100 then between that and the edge of the hex is 100-300 anything 300+ gets ranked the same as 300.
At the side of the hex one of your stats are blue the other pink that lets you tell the nature if you haven't got them all memorised.
>>
>>30704745
Gible is the only other one you need to breed for.
>>
late to the game but, why is moon time inverted?
>>
>>30704073
>>30704745
Oh, just checked.

You don't seem to have the weather fucks in the list.
Pokemon you can only get by chaining in specific weather conditions in specific areas.

>Castform (any of the following, he's just rarer)
>Goomy (rain, go for right outside Po Town)
>Vanillish (hail, can be a bitch to get. I think I had a wild sandshrew that used hail for me, not sure if the other ice mountain mons use it)
>Gabite (I suggest chaining the Trapinch in the desert. they're the least bullshit)
>Politoed (the biggest fuck you of them all, I got mine by using my own rain setter, Poliwrath, with a damp stone cause only wild mon with rain in Maile Garden is Poliwag)

Also, you have to breed the Vanillish and Gabite to get Vanillite and Gible.
>>
How do I scan QR Codes?
>>
>>30705033
Feature.
>>
>>30705414
>Pokemon you can only get by chaining in specific weather conditions in specific areas.
It doesn't matter if the weather conditions are natural or move/ability-made?
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.