[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inwards out or Unaware for my bro over here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 1470813287088.png (56KB, 449x419px) Image search: [Google]
1470813287088.png
56KB, 449x419px
Inwards out or Unaware for my bro over here?
>>
Innards Out obv
>>
>>30668463
Unaware with Swagger
>>
>>30668463
Unaware unless you want a landmine specifically for boosted glass cannons.
>>
>>30668463
innards allows you to take out a massive threat provided it has enough HP (which it often will since the threats are generally gonna be fast hitters with lower HP) while also giving you potential mindgames due to the ability

unaware allows you to have a good setup stopper due to it's balk and recovery, while toxic stalling it out if necessary

innards is generally better but unaware has some usefulness depending on team
>>
File: Gufa.jpg (3MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
Gufa.jpg
3MB, 2480x3508px
>This is even a choice
>>
Unaware
Innards Out doesn't work with a Pokemon who has tiny base HP and massive defenses. If you want to stop a boosted sweeper from decimating you, you're better off with the ability that flat out ignores their stat changes, as opposed to the one that requires you to sack your Pokemon to do some damage in return.
>>
>>30668500
With max HP and minimum defense on Pyukumuku, it would take a Pokemon with 160 base attack, 252 attack EVs, holding a Life Orb, and using a 120 power STAB but not SE attack to even have a 50% chance of getting a OHKO on Pyuku.
>>
>>30668580
Oh wait. I made a mistake.
It's 137 base attack. I forgot to give Pyukumuku 0 defense IVs.
>>
>>30668598
firstly pebbles are pretty much everywhere, so you don't need as much to knock it out
second you don't need 100% HP all the time for it to work, it's ability isn't so much for killing as it is for threatening. nobody wants to get punished with massive damage for knocking out if it's gonna kill their mon or cripple it enough for a teammate to chip away it's last points
>>
>>30668657
After SR, the opponent would need 127 base attack for 100% chance to take off the rest of Pyuku's HP under the same conditions mentioned above. 112 base attack for 50%.
>>
>>30668743
and again you don't even need it to be OHKO'd for the ability to be working, as it'll do plenty to threaten opponents into keeping it alive
>>
>>30668463
well let's see
>Innards out - stops a potential sweep resulting with you dying
>Unaware - stops a potential sweep without resulting in you dying
mmm, i wonder what might be better...
>>
>>30668844
>hit it once to make it lose most if its health
>hit it again to make it lose the last bit
>take ~70 HP of damage or ~22% of Pyuku's max HP
Doesn't seem like massive damage.
>>
>>30668975
you're just blatantly ignoring what's posted at this point

but since you're so insistent that pyuku can literally only ever be a landmine to sac (because who's scared of hitting a landmine amirite?) here's some calcs

252+ Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0- Def Pyukumuku: 213-252 (67.8 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (0 def IVs)

252+ Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Pyukumuku: 129-153 (41 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

purely using it as a suicidal cucumber is just a gigantic waste of potential, meanwhile if you were to actually run it with defensive play in mind then it's pretty potent at that role, even without scald.

you fail to realize that innards has an effect on the MIND of the opponent, not just the pokemon's HP when it squashes this thing. even if he were to KO it somehow in the second scenario from that much health (like with a crit) that's still gonna be a big hit to health right there, and assuming it's your usual offensive pokemon that doesn't run ways to recover itself because that's a waste, that's quite a lot. not even including hazards and potential status that pyuku could've gotten off as well

also this thing gets recover so you can mindgame people even more
>>
Innards Out + Pain Split is usually an easy KO due to number calculations.
Fill out the rest with stuff like Recover, Protect, Substitute and you've got a Pokemon no-one particularly wants to kill, and can often put a stop to fast sweepers.
>>
File: pyuk.jpg (53KB, 1024x785px) Image search: [Google]
pyuk.jpg
53KB, 1024x785px
>>30668463
Unaware, Pyukumuku's HP is too small for Innards Out to be of any use and Unaware is a fucking broken ability.
>>
>>30668975
>pain split
>>
doesn't Unaware only ignore stat boosts if you're attacking now?
>>
>>30672352
That's a Typo.
It was tested and it still nullifies opponent's boosts.
>>
>>30671608
>>30668463
Pyukumuku is legitimately just not good, you shouldn't bother desu.
>>
>>30668598
What if it had 252 defense ivs and 0 hp?
>>
File: 1464911809628.png (46KB, 403x385px) Image search: [Google]
1464911809628.png
46KB, 403x385px
>>30668463
HOW CAN YOU EVEN USE THIS THING? HOW DO YOU USE IT?!
>>
Innards Out is better for offensive teams - it can take a threatening attacker out just by getting sacked when needed. Defensive teams prefer a longer-lasting one with Unaware.
>>
>>30673058
I'm waitinfor Gen8 to get buffed
>>
>>30673216
As a wall.
Make it defensive. Tapu Koko can kill you if you dont invest in spd and get full innards out damage.
Use baton pass and recover, along with shit like toxic, memento, soak, etc.
This pokemon is filled with utility and is tanky as fuck, a very good pivot.
Of course, you can use it as suicide mon only if you are a retard.
>>
>>30668463
I like Unaware with Soak/Toxic/Recover. It stalls, it stall breaks, and it stops setup sweepers.

Plus the opponent sometimes thinks you have Innards Out and will instantly switch out their squishy mons.
>>
>>30673216
>give it counter
>give it mirror coat
>give it taunt
>lower its defenses enough so it takes a lot of damage

>if they knock you out innards out kills them
>if they don't knock you out counter kills them
>>
>>30673216
As a wall full of utility and mind games
>>
File: IMG_1600.jpg (56KB, 605x454px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1600.jpg
56KB, 605x454px
>>30668463
Regional variant with good health, shit defences and Innards Out when?
>>
>>30674957
we want to make it less of a gimmick, not a bigger gimmick.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.