[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

S/M Easter Eggs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Bagon's locations. Everyone knows where to catch it, but I don't know if people have thought about why.

"Bagon has a dream of one day soaring in the sky. In doomed efforts to fly, this Pokémon hurls itself off cliffs. As a result of its dives, its head has grown tough and as hard as tempered steel."

It is found in two patches at the top and bottom of the same cliff. If you caught one from the patch of grass down below, it's only because that one failed to learn to fly.

What else did you notice?
>>
>>30665693
That you can only sos Salamence on that top patch.
>>
mareanie and corsola have their colour schemes reversed with shiny versions, also sableye can only be found from an sos call from a carbink since he eats jewels
>>
>>30665693
I think this one's kind of obvious, but Dhelmise is only found by fishing next to the ships in seafolk town.

I felt incredibly stupid that I couldn't deduce that before looking it up.

And maybe the First trainer being a rattata-using youngster is a reference to youngster joey? That one might be a stretch
>>
>>30667384
The colour scheme thing isn't really an easter egg per se, but an interesting choice by game freak. Have they changed the way they've designed shinies? I believe it used to be that they took the "next palette" (?) or something as the shiny version.

The carbink / sableye relationship was cool though. They definitely put more thought into the lore / relationships in sun and moon. It's not much, but it adds another layer of realism and immersion for me.

>>30667884
Like I said, they're paying more attention to how these pokemon would relate to the overworld, and I think that's a really nice touch. It is stupidly difficult to figure out off your own back though.
>>
>>30665693
Damn I hadn't thought of it that way, props man
>>
>>30667384
You missed: Mareanie only shows up on Corsola SOS calls because it eats Corsola.
>>
>>30665693
Huh never thought about that

In Pokemon XY Bagon is only found on the top of Route 8 which is also a cliff with a beach path down below
>>
File: cleffa.png (53KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
cleffa.png
53KB, 250x250px
I loved the detail up by the observatory where you find ditto, cleffa, and minior. I think cleffa like minior so much because it's closer to home.

Cleffa entries
Sun On late nights illuminated by shooting stars, it gazes intently skyward, as if thinking of\nits home.

Moon Because of its silhouette, it's believed to be a star reborn. For some reason, it loves Minior.

Minior entry for Sun
Sun Originally making its home in the ozone layer, it hurtles to the ground when the shell enclosing its body grows too heavy.

(why the fuck weren't solorock and lunatone version exclusives in this area is a baffling mystery)
>>
File: tumblr_oa8roc0CP31u3ss4no5_1280.png (265KB, 767x761px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa8roc0CP31u3ss4no5_1280.png
265KB, 767x761px
>>30668327
Oh man, that's adorable. I hadn't gotten around to looking at the Moon pokedex entries yet.

Something I noticed is that Mimikyu's shiny uses a Gameboy color palette because it based its disguise after ads from 20 years ago.
>>
>>30668327
There's also some entries suggesting cleffa could've ridden minior down to earth.

X Because of its unusual, starlike silhouette, people believe that it came here on a meteor.
Y Many appear when the night skies are filled with shooting stars. They disappear with sunrise.

Disappearing with the sunrise also goes along with how minior can't stand too much exposure. Cleffa could be the rebirth of dead minior.

Moon If its core stays exposed, it will soon die off. It's possible that it may survive if it's put into a Poké Ball quickly enough.
>>
>>30668182
>>30668327
More examples of GF actually READING their Pokedex entries for once. Whoever was in charge of pokemon distribution for the Alola region totally earned their wage.

But it does boggle the mind that Solrock and Lunatone played no part in these games. Maybe they thought it would be too on the nose? Not sure, but a missed opportunity.
>>
>>30667384
>>30668143
Carbink can Sos Gabite as well, since it's dex entries go on about how it loves hoarding shiny gems, or something like that
>>30669164
They do have a role, some weird guy in the desert wants a Solrock in Sun and Lunatone in Moon. It's a really odd side quest, look it up on YouTube
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.