[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me, /vp/. I need your guidance.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

So my OG 3DS has started having the, "makes a loud popping sound and turns off when you open it past 90 degrees" problem. Has done it five times so far. I'm trying to refrain from playing it much until I can figure out what to do. I can either send it to Nintendo for repairs ($85, bit steep, but I get the system I know and love back), buy a 2DS ($80, downgrade, but I don't use the 3D much anyway, biggest issue for me is the doorstop design and inability to fold, but I could deal with it so long as it plays my games, and there's the possibility of a free game if I can find one of the bundles), or upgrade to a N3DS XL ($200, would have to keep saving up AND buy a micro SDHC card, but I would love to upgrade). Standard N3DS would also be an option if I can find one in fucking stock anywhere (why couldn't my 3DS start fucking up before Black Friday?) Help me decide /vp/.

TLDR: 3DS is fucking up, help me decide whether to send it in for repair, buy a 2DS, or buy a N3DS XL.
>>
>>30663332
N3DS is $150, N3DSXL can be found in the wild for $170

a micro sd is like like 15 dollars for 32 gigs, or 64 if you find one on sale
>>
I had a similar problem
I took out the SD Card and it stopped.
So I replaced the SD card and its been fine ever since.
>>
>>30663410
Where? All the N3DS XLs I see are $199.99. Gamestop has some refurbished/pre-owned ones for around $170, if that's what you mean.
>>
When my 3ds died I got a 2ds off of craigslist for 25 bucks and it honestly feels better to hold.Give the 2ds a try if all you're playing is Pokemon.
>>
>>30663617
I've heard conflicting reports on whether it's comfortable to hold. Aside from Pokemon, I play Smash and Hyrule Warriors a lot, would you say it works well for those?
>>
>>30663332
All I can give you an advice is, I habe just switched from O3DS XL to N3DS XL (Sun&Moon) edition, and the way it boots the game, the graphics, and the frame rate is way much better.
>>
>>30663695
>, I play Smash and Hyrule Warriors a lot
then buy a N3DS

I have no idea why or how you're playing HW:L running at a silky smooth 4 FPS
>>
>>30663695
Different anon here, have owned a 2d and I love it. Very comfy for Pokémon, but a little weird for playing Smash (this might just be because I'm used to playing on a n3ds with the extra shoulder buttons). Give it a try before you shoot it down completely.
>>
>>30663750
It's really not that bad.
>>
>>30663821
this is a lie
>>
>>30663332
>Problem is in the hinge, the point of weakness in a design with moving parts
>Doesn't like that the 2DS doesn't also have a similar point of weakness and the potential to go bad in the exact same way

It's your money, man. The 2DS is pretty solid and I almost regret moving back to a hinged system.But I got the Black Friday N3DS, so it wasn't much skin off my back.
>>
Easy fix, open the back and take out the battery, make sure the conveyer pins are sticking out and take a small flathead screwdriver and without putting any pressure on it rub the connectors on the battery until the gold shines a bit (don't use pressure and be careful not to scratch the gold, just want to clean it a bit)
>>
>>30663905
Connecter pins, not conveyer
>>
>>30663887
It's more that I wouldn't be able to get it in my pocket and such as easily. I'll admit, the 2DS has a certain old-school Game Boy charm to it. If I can find a blue (or especially crystal blue) I'd pick it up. Too bad the green model was never released here, green's my favorite color.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.