[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/q&ag/ Questions and Answers General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 27

File: 1480044107875.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1480044107875.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
Making a thread for Q&A since they seem to be popular, let's make it a general so kind anons who know shit can help pitiful and desperate anons who don't know shit.

As a pitiful I'll ask what a good moveset for Kommo-o is? I just finished raising one Adamant with EVs in HP and Attack and I'm not sure what else to do with it yet. Any ideas?
>>
To get the shiny charm is it okay to just have one forme of zygarde for the pokedex or do i need all?
>>
Best nature for Null or Silvally? I'm thinking either Jolly or Adamant. I dunno if I'm going to evolve yet or use an evolite set.
>>30662748
Zygarde is Zygarde. Forms for pokemon don't count.
>>
HOW DO I KEEP THIS CORSOLA ALIVE
>>
Is the alola dex only 300 total to get the shiny charm? Just wondering since I recently hit 200
>>
Where's a good source for gen 7 learnsets? I'm wondering were Flygon get's Dragon Dance
>>
>>30662921
It's 300

>>30662748
Just one form is fine
>>
>>30662589

Dragon Dance or Automize and then any three physical moves, assuming this is ingame

>>30662842

Silvally is pretty versatile so it can use multiple natures depending on what moveset you want to use.

>>30662952

Serebii
>>
>>30662891
I'm assuming you're chaining? Swap to a different corsola once you feel it's running low on PP.

>>30662952
as anon once said, "CHECK SEREBII"

>>30663031
I might go for a Jolly then. Might be fun using it with oranguru for some intense gimmicks.
also kommo-o can learn automize? holy shit.
>>
Is it possible to get hidden ability roselias yet?
>>
>>30662842
My Silvally is Adamant and does great, trained ATK and SPD EVs. It does have a lower base speed than other stats however, so Jolly might be your bag. Friend of mine made his modest and uses it as a Special attacker. It's up to you.
>>
Shell Smash Turtonator, y/n?
>>
Are you able to transfer pokemon from XY to SM yet through pokebank??
>>
What are some good support mons for doubles in the Battle Tree?
>>
>>30663480
Swept on showderp.
It's not necessarily good, but it's fun.

>>30663500
January.

>>30663525
What else are you running?
Mimikyu and Marowak are good. What kind of support do you need?
>>
>>30663525
What're some tanky Pokémon this gen? My entire team is just sweepers and Toxapex, there's nothing but offensive Pokémon in this entire region
>>
rate my team its for 3v3 singles

marowak with thick club
gyarados with mega stone
idk some trick roomer

gyarados i think will have rest and marowak the thunder absorb ability
>>
>>30663595
>What else are you running?
I was thinking of using Tapu Koko, Buzzwole and maybe Toxapex. Those got me through regulars at least.
>What kind of support do you need?
I'm not really sure honestly, I guess just 1 or 2 mons for status effects, defense and general bulkiness, and maybe clearing hazards?
>>
File: 5053241214_8f9321e1cb_o.jpg (108KB, 761x500px) Image search: [Google]
5053241214_8f9321e1cb_o.jpg
108KB, 761x500px
I've been chaining Rockruffs for a while so I have a few questions regarding that.
Is ending the battle the only way a chain breaks?
Does the chance of getting a shiny actually increase until you get one, or does it stabilize after a certain number and doesn't increase afterwards?
Is there a way of checking your longest streak or the number of pokémon you defeated? I lost count of how many I've chained so far but am interested in the data.
What's the best ball to catch a shiny Rockruff in?
What even was that thing that Rockruff had in common with the starters that people theorized was a split evolution line?
Where the fuck is my shiny doggo?
>>
>>30662589
Do enough people in /vp/ even like ribombee to have a giveaway thread or what?
Also aside from the steenee with perfect s.def do the in-game trade pokemon have specific IV caps?
>>
>>30662589
Can a male pass down its ability via breeding with a ditto?
>>
File: Fire.(Pokémon).full.2048769.jpg (598KB, 1000x1317px) Image search: [Google]
Fire.(Pokémon).full.2048769.jpg
598KB, 1000x1317px
Can i rematch red's full team in pokemon sun and moon?

i know i can battle him again in singles but he only uses 3 pokemon there,

The thing is, i want to bring back my good old team from pokemon heart gold when pokebank updates to fight red
>>
>>30663752
Ending the battle breaks the chain.
The rate on shinies is higher on all chained Pokémon but doesn't increase over the course of the chain.
No.
Who gives a fuck.
Divergent evolution, was dropped in the starters.
Out there in the field! Go get 'em, anon!
>>
What are the exact chances on getting a gold bottle cap from Poke Pelago?

The only thing that gives an idea is a Reddit guide that puts it at 50% chance which I'm pretty sure is wrong because thats a lot of fucking coin flips that i've gotten wrong then with my 25th expedition and I still haven't gotten one

Can someone just trade me a Pokemon holding a gold bottle cap?
>>
252 Atk / 252 HP or 252 Atk / 252 Def for Bewear?

or 252 HP / 252 Def, I already trained Atk to 252 tho
>>
Can male pokemon pass down their HA aswell?
>>
>>30664246
> Divergent evolution, was dropped in the starters.
[citation needed]
>>
>>30664031
> Can i rematch red's full team in pokemon sun and moon?
No
>>
>>30663752
The Rockruff thing was mistranslated in that Rockruff and the Starters have secrets but they're different secrets

Starters being that they have exclusive Z moves and Rockruff having a split version evo
>>
>>30664246
Do we know what the shiny rate is?
I just let a Rockruff kill itself after a 7.5 hour chain, so I'm seriously considering just trying through breeding.
>>
>>30664720
Doesn't matter since it isn't present, but I saw someone say on here that it's likely they had planned the starters to have a night and day evolution akin to Rockruff, but it was removed.
>>
If an Alola Vulpix calls for help and another Alola Vulpix with Snow Warning appears, will it start hailing?
>>
>>30665216
Follow up: How many allies does it take for Hidden Abilities to start appearing?
>>
>>30664519

>252 Atk Mew Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Bewear: 264-312 (59.4 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

>252 Atk Mew Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Bewear: 200-236 (52.4 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As you can see, Bewear gets more mileage from putting EVs in Defense as it has a high HP stat, but if you don't put in HP EVs, a super effective psychic becomes a chance of a OHKO instead of a flat 2HKO.

So if you expect yourself to switch out the moment a special attacker looks at you funny, put the EVs into defense.
>>
>>30665324

I think it's at least 10 because that was when i started to encounter Swift Swim Poliwags.
>>
How much do I need to chain to get 4 IVs and where do I get my IVs checked
>>
Is Sensu Oricorio available before E4?
>>
>>30665504
Nope. Ask someone to give you some nectar.
>>
just how rare is Sableye? I search for two hours straight without encounter
>>
>>30665216
It should, since in my experience it happens with Torkoal and Drought

>>30665324
Don't quote me on this, but from what I've heard it increases by 5% every 10 chained up to 20% at 40

>>30665482
4 IVs is guaranteed after a chain of 40 as well; you can check IVs from the PC after talking to a guy by the Battle Tree postgame, but you need to have hatched 20 eggs first
>>
>>30665563
Might not be in your version? Check wiki
>>
>>30665685
well I play sun, it should be there right?
>>
Can I get a Froakie in Sun/Moon?
>>
>>30665860
Import the Ash/Greninja from the beta. If it can breed, then yes.
>>
This is not a question but more of a wishlist:

I wish that instead of Kukui we had to fight Masked Royal and then he'd finally reveal to us that he's Kukui once we beat him.

I also wish GTS had an option where you can select a pokemon and it shows you all the people looking for it, that would be damn useful to trade away pokemon you don't need.
>>
>>30665924

It cannot.
>>
>>30665955
>I wish that instead of Kukui we had to fight Masked Royal and then he'd finally reveal to us that he's Kukui once we beat him.
Everyone would bitch about HURRRRR THE REVEAL WAS SO OBVIOUS same way they bitch about Aether Foundation being obvious villains.
>>
>>30665964
Guess you're fucked till Bank
>>
>>30665966
It would've been fun.

It's already plenty obvious he's fucking Masked Royal.

I mean fuck one of the chat options when you first meet him is "Professor?"
His best friend calls him Masked Royal and then gives us his mask.

It's not even a reveal at that point, it's just fun.
>>
File: 6hdmSzX.png (439KB, 850x1140px) Image search: [Google]
6hdmSzX.png
439KB, 850x1140px
does synchronize affect SOS'd mon's nature or is it just initial encounter?
if yes does my sync mon have to be out or is front of party fainted still ok?
>>
I fucked up and lost my prism scale to wonder-trade.

Is there any way to get another one?
I know you can get it via fishing/pickup but that sounds like a hell of a grind.
>>
Is salazzle any good in WiFi battles or should I start looking for another fire type?
>>
>>30666014
The way it was explained to me was that Synchronize works throughout an SOS encounter but the Pokemon with Synchronize has to be out on the field for it to do anything.
Also it Synchronizes to the nature of the Pokemon in Slot 1 so you can start with anything and then switch to your Synchronizer later if you wanted
>>
This is probably a shit question, but is a-exeggutor any good? The 4x ice weakness seems pretty scary when ice beam is so common.
>>
I killed tapu koko twice. Does it not show up anymore after that ?
>>
>>30663911
bump
>>
>Z-splash raises the user's attack 3 stages
damn nigga is that viable
>>
>>30666276
You need to redo the Elite 4 to see the Tapus again if you kill them. Tapu Koko can be killed once without penalty, but twice neans you gotta redo E4
>>
>>30663740

toxapex, clefable, starmie?
>>
>>30666321
It's generally outclassed by Life Orb and Swords Dance, which does more damage and can be used more than once.
>>
>>30665563
You need to have a Carbink call for help.
>>
Is there any way to purge the player character data from the Plaza and go back to NPCs? Aside from not offering FC very often, it's fallen off to where all the bastards are only giving 1 now.
>>
>>30662891
Try heal pulses and stuff.
>>
>>30665216
It will.
Take an ability checker with you just to be safe.

>>30665324
After 20 chains it's 10% chance and goes up from there.
>>
>>30666323
Aahh. Thanks. I was worried that he is gone for good.
>>
is it gay that sylveon is one of my favorite pokemon
>>
>>30662589
I keep forgetting to check these threads after asking a question.

Does anyone know if someone's compiled all of Sun and Moon's story text somewhere?
>>
File: Sun_Moon_Mallow.png (370KB, 635x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Sun_Moon_Mallow.png
370KB, 635x1280px
Has the artwork for all Sun/Moon released yet?

What's taking so long? I want the official artwork of Acerola or Kahili like pic related
>>
what do you use as a false swipe pokemon? I wanted to use the bewear of poni island but it turns out that a fighting pokemon can't learn this fucking attack.
>>
>>30666609
Sneasel
>>
>>30666014
Yes, but your synchronizer needs to be the one doing the killing/be out when SOS pokemon arrive.
It also uses the nature of the first pokemon in your party instead of the synchronizer (unless they are in first slot)

So if you want to synchro SOS with say, Adamant, put an Adamant pokemon into your first slot, start battle, switch into your Kadabra or whatever that has synchronize and start killing stuff and it'll be Adamant.
>>
>>30666647
thanks senpai
>>
Do you get banned for using hacked pokemon with legal movesets online?

i have all of these pokemon from aus but idk if i can use them
>>
>>30666321
It's pretty good on Mimikyu. Some people say they used it a lot in the battle tree.
>>
>>30666364
How high is your festival plaza rank? I still get plenty of FC and I'm rank 79. I did notice one quest started giving a bit less, but I still get 4 or 8 FC from them usually.
>>
File: 1443685959391.png (886KB, 769x699px) Image search: [Google]
1443685959391.png
886KB, 769x699px
>>30666609

Pancham/Pangoro

Make sure you get one with Scrappy so you can false swipe ghosts too
>>
When is the soonest you can get dust stones?
>>
>>30666666
>>
Where is the best exp grind in the game ATM?

Im doing battle buffet but its boring me to tears
>>
>>30666362
lol ok didnt think of that, thank you anon, am I in the same boat regarding Mareanie? Same game here, literal hours of search and nothing
>>
>>30666873
Yep gotta SOS Corsola
Chansey line is also SOS only along with Gible, Castform, Vanillite and Goomy lines
Also a few evolved Pokemon will only show in the wild during SOS battles like Pikachu will only show to a Pichu calling for help
>>
>>30666933
> Chansey line is also SOS

tell me more anon
>>
>>30666933
>>30666946

also is there a wiki side where I can see wich pkmn is SOS only?
>>
>>30666946
Every baby Pokemon in the game has a chance of calling Happiny (first two islands) or Chansey (second two islands). Except for Magby for some reason at least according to Serebii.

>>30666964
http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/sosbattle.shtml
>>
>>30666715
It's only 14. They started out fine and then over the last week they slowly declined. If I had to guess, it's probably something where you need to regularly go online in the Plaza to cycle out trainers, but I'm not in a position to connect my 3DS to the net more than once in a blue moon.
>>
>>30666990
Wait no Munchlax as well
>>
>>30667000
That would make sense. I connect online/do trades literally daily.
>>
>>30666990
thank you man, now it all makes sense, brb gotta fill that dex, also:

>Espeon and Umbreon in SOS battle

really? Evvee just summons them like that?
>>
>>30667033
They're rarer than just another Eevee showing up but yep wild Espeon during the day and Umbreon at night
>>
>>30667099
wow, flavourtown here we come
>>
>Spend days trying to get a bagon or Axew out of dust clouds in ORAS
>Stop by the desert on the way to the pokecenter
>Get and catch a bagon first cloud
>Garchompite needs 1,000 flags
>Can only get a flag a day
>No internet for the ds
>For the fucking garchompite
Why GF why.....
>>
do I need Sylveon to complete the Dex? And if yes how do I obtain it?
>>
best way to go about getting the weather SOS mons? should i just use a pelipper?
>>
>>30667202
You do and it's the same way as last gen. Give it a fairy move (it learns one at lvl 9) and get it to three hearts of affection (one rainbow bean from Poke Pelago will do this)
>>
>>30667246
I see, thank you anon
>>
>>30667243
just take any pokemon with a weather move like rain dance, as far as i know pelipper's drizzle only lasts a few turns
>>
>>30662891
Chansey with Heal Pulse/Soft Boiled senpai
>>
>>30667202
>>30667246
also my question might have been dumb, but I did skip on X and Y when it came out, so I never got a sylveon in the first place
>>
>>30667243
You can use abilities and moves to spawn them but honestly the best way to get them is to trade for one on the GTS.
Some rare fishing Pokemon, island scan Pokemon or a Ditto seem to go quickly
>>
What should I replace Decidueye and Dugtrio with? They need not necessarily be the types that they are; types I want are Electric, Steel, or Fairy (maybe ground, but I just caught Earthquake and I was going to teach it to my Minior).
>>
When a start sparkles does that mean I'm done with the ev training or can I do more
>>
>>30667378
> Electric

take a magnemite with you, also keep Decidueye in mind for late game, use it as a false swipe mon for catching stuff, its a ghost type so self murdering mons like beldum have a hard time offing themselves
>>
>>30667392
It means you're done with that stat.
>>
>>30667413

Yeah, I was thinking about using Magnezone as a replacement. What about the last slot?

And as a point of reference, I'm at the post game right now. Just getting rid of the two mons that were the least viable in battle, especially since all but 2 1/2 of my team is fragile as fuck.
>>
What moves and evs for Aquanid?
>>
>>30667392
when the stat name start to sparkle it means you reached 252 EV in that particular stat.
if the graph color is orange, it means you haven't completed the EV training yet, when the graph turns blue it means you completed the EV train.

EV training is really fast this generation, if you use the power items + pokerus + SOS chaining you can max a stat with only 7 chains.
>>
>>30667913
- Scald, Liquidation, Sleep Talk, Rest

Water Bubble is retardedly broken, as it boosts Water-type moves BEFORE even calculating stats.

Not sure on the EV spread
>>
Best setup for Minior?

I'm guessing Jolly/Adamant with 252 spd/atk 4 hp?
>>
So when I use Charizard fly, it says Alola Region on the map
could this mean more regions is a possibility?
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS BATTLE TREE AND HOW DO I UNLOCK IT
>>
File: 1428529807058.png (112KB, 302x323px) Image search: [Google]
1428529807058.png
112KB, 302x323px
Whats the deal with the capture rates on ultra beasts?

Pheromasa and Kartanas are so high that the beast ball is a 100% catch and then others are barely a 10% catch with a beast ball.
>>
if oranguru uses instruct on a mon holding a metronome, does it increase the tick counter of the metronome?
potential shenanigans
>>
who came up with the idea of not being able to throw a ball when there's 2 on the field
so fucking annoying when you can't even get to throw it
>>
>>30668517
There's a few Pokemon not part of any of the 4 island dexs but are in the Alola dex.
Type: Null, Ultra Beasts, Box Legendaries and Zygarde
>>
Why the fuck isn't there a move tutor for average joe Pokemon in Sun/Moon....? All I see is the draco meteor, starter pokemon tutor and other specialized bullshit.
>>
>>30668703
Because Gamefreak hates you and everything that makes a game good.
>>
Is there any way to check the exact number of evs a pokemon has in a stat besides the graph in the pc?
>>
>>30669502
I guess you could calculate it if you knew the exact IVs the Pokemon has
Otherwise it's stat reducing berries until you're at 0 and then start again
>>
Can terrains and weather be up at the same time?
>>
File: 1480097007437.png (49KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1480097007437.png
49KB, 250x250px
>>30663614
Shiinotic can tank multiple special hits, cripple physical attackers and heal itself with strength sap, use spore, and hit decently hard with Moonblast and Giga Drain.
I use a quick claw on mine because when they happen, priority Spore is amazing, but leftovers will be more reliable.
>>
File: 60199391_p0.png (407KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
60199391_p0.png
407KB, 700x900px
how do I scout special trainers like Red, Guzma, etc. in battle tree or have them appear in multi battle as a partner?
I'm dumb and google won't tell me
>>
>>30669590
I think so
it worked for me (electric terrian + rain dance)
>>
>>30669681
After you beat them there will be an option to scout them. Costs 10BP.
>>
>>30669748
thanks famipam
>>
>>30669590
Yes
>>
>>30669681
After a singles tree battle, the bottom option is Scout. Choose it and you'll pay 10bp to get the trainer you just defeated as an option when you multi battle.
>>
Let's say I have a Pokemon can learn a move that its evolved form can't.
If I evolve it and then overwrite that move, can I still get it back via Move Relearner?
>>
>>30670438
Nope. Which is why I have to breed and train another shellder for razor shell
>>
Can I find a kings rock and metal coat outside of the battle tree?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mlquo7KMDh1qz4rgp.jpg (14KB, 407x286px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mlquo7KMDh1qz4rgp.jpg
14KB, 407x286px
>Two Zygarde Cells to go
>Can't find them anywhere
>>
>>30670515
>shellder
anon are you literally me
I have a spare Jolly Skill link one, only IV it's missing is HP.
Want it?
>>
>>30670438
I think there is an exception for egg moves and promotional moves like Happy Hour but otherwise no

>>30670577
You can buy King's Rock at the Battle Tree
Also you can get both through wild Pokemon holding them, Metal Coat's pretty easy to get through Magnemite but King's Rock requires a wild Slowbro, Poliwhirl or Politoed which are only through SOS battles. Remember to use something with Compound Eyes.
>>
Where do I see my player info with all the statistics on it? Do I have to go to the Plaza to do it?
>>
>>30670664
Oh and Hariyama as well for King's Rock
>>
So, how do I get inside the Ultra wormhole in the altar of moone? I've beaten the league twice now, but still nothing, even caught Necrozma. It just says I can't get inside, regardless of the time irl. I've goggled this stuff but can't find anything.
>>
>>30670784
You need a box legendary in your party, Solgaleo for using it at night and Lunala for during the day
You can even trade for your opposite box legendary so you can use it whenever
>>
>>30662589
>fishing in s/m

who had this shitty idea to revamp fishing? it's horrible

>fish in a spot where the water splahes
>oh it's a magikarp
>reset fish agian
>oh it's a magikarp
reset fish again
>oh it's a magikarp

I fucking hate the new fishing
>>
File: clemosisegh.jpg (69KB, 470x677px) Image search: [Google]
clemosisegh.jpg
69KB, 470x677px
If you have shit luck to get 5* Rare Kitchen what are the alternatives to level cap Pokemon? (Besides E4 if possible)
>>
File: UB-O9 MEOW.jpg (42KB, 492x647px) Image search: [Google]
UB-O9 MEOW.jpg
42KB, 492x647px
Anyone have the original image for the Ultra Beast battle intro (Pic related)? Meaning no UB/other memes in the shot, just the wormhole itself.
>>
File: 84e.png (521KB, 374x623px) Image search: [Google]
84e.png
521KB, 374x623px
>>30662589
I'm playing through the games, on Gen III. Will I miss any story by just playing Emerald, or are there cutscenes and shit locked in Ruby and Sapphire?
>>
>>30668551

Just a subtle way of saying shit like Pheromosa and Kartana are the caterpie's of the UB world.
>>
>>30668703

Gen starting games never have tutors, they always hold back content for the later games in the gens.
>>
>>30671707

Not really. Be sure to reset for natures so you can fix the legendaries when you import them to SM.

Although you're best training them up in ORAS due to reset bags, hordes, and Blissily bases and only then bringing them to SM for hyper training.
>>
What does Nature Power turn into in Psychic Terrain?
>>
Is there anyway for me to ask specifically for a HA Sanshrew on GTS, or am I wasting my time putting up Snow warning Timid Vulpix?
>>
>>30672058
No but look for ones up on GTS in a special ball like a love ball or something. It's a pretty good way to find mons with HA.
>>
>>30669502
>>30669582
>We used to have super training
>Gone cause ???
>But you can see IV's now
Bravo GF
>>
>>30670877
Find someone who has it and buy it off them.
>>
>>30670853
it's about the same as trying to get other low % mons
>>
File: 20161210_235507_HDR~01.jpg (704KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161210_235507_HDR~01.jpg
704KB, 2560x1440px
How do I get there?
>>
Is it possible to create Zydoge if you have more than 50 cells? I messed around with the menus but didn't see an option.
>>
>>30672807

Use the cube's change forme option. It's how I got a Zydog with power construct.
>>
>>30672645
Using Machamp in Mallow trial's jungle
>>
>>30672645
Do you have Machamp?
>>
>>30672239
Why the fuck are all of these asking for legendaries and ultra beasts? Is there no other way to get one other than online begging?
>>
I'm sure this has been answered, but what's the best way to farm money?
>>
>>30672910
You can filter the people asking for legendaries out anon and then by the pokemon you have. If something isn't there just check back later. I've found pretty much everything I've looked for including about a box full of shinies.
>>
>>30673065
Happy hour munch- or snorlax on either league or game director.
Looking for valuable items in pelago, as well as the daily pyukumuku chucking, and looking for daily pearls on beaches.
I've also heard mentions of repeatedly breaking the same rocks/fishing dropping random pearls and nuggets.
>>
>>30673146
>valuable items
I meant rare treasures.
>>
About the meloetta distribution in ORAS right now, does it has set ivs and nature or can you SR it until you get what you want?
>>
>>30672645
there's a path at the very right of the volcano park
>>
>>30673190
SR until you get what you want
>>
>>30673272
Thanks! Also, I only need to download meloetta once, and can keep SRing even after the giveaway is over, correct?
>>
>>30673419
Once you've downloaded the wondercard from mysterygift, you can do whatever you want with it. The event data is in your game now, so you could keep resetting for it 10 years from now if you wanted to.
>>
>>30673065
Use Tauros to break the 4 big rocks at Poni coast pick up any items then leave the area then return to reset rocks, you can get various items that range from 1.5k to 30k easily make upwards of a mil in an hour.
>>
Why the fuck can't I find a pichu/bonsly? I just want to chain and get a happiny, what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>30673628
They only appear in certain patches of grass on route 1 and have 5% chance check serebii to see if your in the right patch of grass.
>>
>>30673628
Are you in the correct grass patch?
>>
>>30673710
I am, I even spent time in every patch, they're supposed to be in the ones next to the small town
>>
What's better on mimikyu, life orb or red card?
>>
>>30665966
>>30665998
>Kukui is the Masked Royal
Anon I have some bad news for you....
>>
>>30674929
Why do people think the masked royal is kukui? I feel bad for them
>>
Is magnet pull seriously lowered chance for Magnemite, I've hatched two boxes and gotten one so far :\
>>
Wha nature do I need for Toxapex?
>>
>>30675520
I've seen a lot of Bold natures being run, so that gives good idea

So is Adamant a good nature for a Power Construct Zygarde? I"ve been resetting for hours now and finally got a nature worth using. I kept getting calms, modests, jollys, gentles and sassy

On a side note, where the hell do I get bottle caps?
>>
>>30675251
I think they're just baiting.
>>
Do I need megas to get dex completion for the shiny charm?
>>
>>30675695
No.

When does the bridge to tape koko get fixed, reason I need to know is because there's a zygarde cell past there and I want to know if I can get 100% before the e4
>>
>>30675695
no
>>
>>30675736
Directly after beating the Pokemon League
>>
i haven't fucking touched poke pelago yet

wtf do i do?
>>
>>30675772
Use it?
>>
This is completely tangential, but does anyone else hear a Luigi "oh yeah" at the start of Hau's theme, just as he throws the ball in the animation?
>>
If I start a new game, can I get magearna again?
>>
>>30662589
I know you've raised a physical one but I really like Specs Kommo-o with Scales/Flamethrower/Flash Cannon/Focus Miss
>>
Does anyone have a pdf of the official strategy guide?
>>
>>30675772
Upgrade Isle Abeens immediately to level 3. You need beans to upgrade and open other isles and to force time to go by faster.

Next, open Isle Aplenny to start planting berries, you can get EV reducing ones from the tree on route 10. Also plant other berries you think are useful, like Sitrus or Chesto

After that, or if you aren't needing berries at the moment do this first, Develop Isle Aphun and start sending boxed mons to get stuff. The best route doesn't open until level 3, which is Rare Treasure Hunting because you can get gold bottle caps. Check serebii for what the other routes have

Isle Evelup lets you EXP and EV train your Pokemon passively overtime but it's slow as shit, so only do it when you're sleeping or not playing the game.

Isle Avue is pretty useless, in my opinion, all it does is raise happiness which can be done faster with a Soothe Bell.

Use beans to make time go twice as fast so 24 hour exploration only takes 12 hours.

Also, one last thing, developing all the isles to level 3 will get you better resules. Evelup will give your Pokemon 4 EVs a session istead of 1, Abeens will drop Beans like candy, Aplenny will give you 12-14 berries per harvest instead of 4 or 8.

This will require you to check in daily to get the full effect
>>
>>30666609
>>30666729
Pangoro is good with False Swipe/Thief/Fling/"Filler Killing Move"
Decidueye learns False Swipe and walls non-Scrappy Pancham/goro.
>>
How do EVs work for Aegislash? do they work normally, or do they "flip" from offences to defenses? What sort of spread would you want for a physical Aegislash?
>>
>>30675983

What are the odds for getting a gold cap for the final route in Isle Aphun anyway?
>>
Does the male or female pass down the ball?
>>
>>30676052
I have no fucking idea. Serebii lists it as a possible item, and people claimed to have gotten some, but me and my friends have yet to see one and we've been sending out on expeditions every day since the game came out
>>
>>30675983
thanks!
>>
>>30675771
Omfg, first can't get vikavolt till the end now this

>>30675928
Bumping this aswell
>>
>>30676022
Normally. Attack is attack in shield and vise versa.
You usually don't invest in defensive stats, since if you hit it and it doesn't die it's a check you should have a counter for in your other slots.
>>
>>30675595
Still need to know if Adamant Power Construct Zygarde is useful or if I should try for Impish
>>
>>30676090
Male+Female of different species: Female
Male+Female of same pokemon: Usually female, sometimes male
Anything+Ditto: Anything
>>
>>30675595

If you have a good tree team, get a daily streak of 30 and always return the day after getting said streak. That's a way to get one a day.
>>
>>30676022
252 HP / 252 ATK / 4 DEF
>>
If I start singles at the Battle Tree, then take a break, then come back and start doubles, will I lose the singles streak or are they recorded separately?
>>
>>30676494
Great, I'll try this after an answer for my Zygarde nature question>>30676428
>>
>>30675595
Zygarde has a lot of versatility, so you could probably do fine with it. I'd probably want -spatk +spdef

In the future, you might want to breed synchro abras. Makes life much easier.
>>
>>30676571
The streaks are recorded separately.
>>
>>30675595

FYI, syncronize works on the Zygarde from the machine 100% of the time.
>>
>>30676633
>>30676600

You what m8? I just assumed it didn't because it's given to you and you don't encounter it, holy shit, brb
>>
Bold or Calm Mareanie for doubles?
>>
>>30662589
Is there some place like the safari zone or did they completely get rid of it?
>>
>>30675983
I fucking love the pelago, especially the EV training island. It might take a while, but it's easy, safe, and foolproof. Plus being able to farm all the -EV Berries means even if you did fuck up, it's no big deal.
>>
>>30676663

It was a feature added in ORAS I assume for the gift Lati, syncronize works 100% of the time on gift mons. I wish I knew that prior to ORAS because I would have gotten my Latios to have a good nature.
>>
Weird battle-related question...

Let's say I have light screen up, and then I use surf.
Will the light screen lower damage done to my ally pokemon by its parter's surf?
Or does reflect/light screen only affect damage from enemy pokemon?
Haven't been able to find a concrete answer about that...
>>
>>30676721
Yeah, it definitely doesn't work in X where I still have 5 event mons to SR for
>>
>>30676764

GF isn't that smart, it doesn't work at all on mystery gift mons, only normal gift mons.

Thankfully Magearea is programmed like a normal gift so it works on it.
>>
>>30676751

It should protect your ally.
>>
>>30676764
>Weird battle-related question...
>Let's say I have light screen up, and then I use surf.
>Will the light screen lower damage done to my ally pokemon by its parter's surf?
>Or does reflect/light screen only affect damage from enemy pokemon?
>Haven't been able to find a concrete answer about that...

>gift mons
>event mons
these are different things, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>30665597
I caught mine in the 10 carat hill cave. It's version neutral I think, but just like a 5 or 10t appearance rate
>>
I've done rare treasure hunting about 15 times but no gold bottle caps. Am I supposed to fill in the bean crate with rarer beans for better rewards?
>>
>>30667913
>>30668005
>asks for araquanid set
>responds with literally the worst set you could run on him
don't listen to this faggot, anon.
>>
>>30667195
>bagon
>not gible
>>
>>30665597
4 IVs is /guaranteed/?
That's 100% confirmed?
>>
>>30665706
Most of the characters have concept artwork you can find acerola's there but kahili doesn't have any yet
The guidebook also have actual official artwork for Nanu Hapu and Acerola
>>
Should I get a trapper/defogger? I'd have to remove A-Raichu but I use him for celesteela (although A-Marowak should do the job).
And if I use a trapper, which one should it be? Skarmory? (I used Ferrothorn in gen 6)
>>
>>30676829
Hey, fuck you man, I didn't know

>>30676794
Oh okay, so there's regular gift mons like the ones given to you in game, then there's event Pokemon that Synchronise doesn't work on. Thanks
>>
>>30676673
Anyone?
>>
How do I use Island Scan?
I scanned a Pokemon and have its location. Now what? How do I find it on the said route?
>>
>>30677200
Go to the grass and walk around
>>
>>30677200
>How do I find it on the said route?
It will apper randomly, just walk in the grass
>>
Been a while since I've bred anything, will breeding Ditto with a mon with egg moves give the baby the egg moves?
>>
>>30677054
I never use the pseudo's so I can hardly keep them apart let alone remember the prevo's
>>
>>30677368
Yes
>>
>>30677368

Yes.
>>
If I leave Pokemon in Isle Evelup with the Level Boost drink, will they learn new moves and push out their existing moveset, like the old Daycares used to?
>>
Is there any shop in the festival plaza that I can buy rare balls in (moon, heavy etc.)?
>>
>>30677516
Yeah, but you can remember Egg Moves at the Move Reminder now.
>>
>>30677222
>>30677230
After a bunch of Lillipups it jumped out.
I expected at least the rustling grass.
>>
>>30677615

No, you only get the one ball per game.
>>
>>30677116
anyone?
>>
>>30672910
Because you actually get them.

I threw a sandshrew up asking for a buzzwole and got it within an hour.
>>
Gan we get regular forms of Pokemon with Alola forms?
>>
>>30662589
What rare low encounter pokemon are there?
Already got
>Stufful
>Passimian
>Bagon
>Dratini
>Bruxish
>Kangeskhan
>Mimikyu
>Dhelmise
>mearanie

Anything I'm missing?
>>
>>30678190
>Castform
>Goomy
>Lapras
>Relicanth
>Feebas
>Sharpedo
>Shellder
>Chinchou
>Komala
There's definetly more but I can't remember all of them
>>
>>30678285
Got a relicanth, feebas, and komala

Def want a lapras, shellder, and chinchou
>>
>>30664259
What are you offering? I got one
>>
File: 14814038970901634217864.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
14814038970901634217864.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Should I use my masterball on a lapras?
I've been looking for one for the past two days and I found one and it instantly used parish song. It's on its last turn now
>>
>>30678384
Depends how much you value the masterball.
I'd say no
>>
>>30677748
In S&M does the SoS kids get egg moves like in gen VI's dexnav? Are you told when and what item/ability/how many IV's they have or do you have to go on a retard quest for 17 hard to obtain pokemon with hard to obtain abilities and moves that are often post-game/near the end anyway? Is there an early thief/covet/pickpocket mon? One of my favorite things about ORAS was getting a covet poochyena on the first route and constantly stealing held items like sableeye wide lens and lucky eggs
>>
>>30678384
Unless you're going to use that lapras till the end of time, no.
Just snag one off gts mate.
>>
>>30678384
I heard you can sleep it or something to interrupt.
>>
>>30678427
I've caught all the legendaries.
Don't care about exploding shines.
Was going to use my masterball to get what I want in the GTS. But now I'm not sure
>>
>>30678384
I'm this guy>>30678320
Just found a lapras

I can breed and put one on the GTS for you m8
>>
>>30678481
I can't put it to sleep with dragonair
>>
>>30678384
Lapras is pretty strong. It can use ice and water attacks. I'd say go for it.
>>
>>30678427
Not him but honestly there's literally nothing worth the use of the Master Ball in S&M, there are no legendaries that run away instantly like Johto doggos or genies. I might as well try to get a shiny magikarp and use it on him and level him up to 100 without evolving it.
>>
>>30678444
Butterfree has Compoundeyes and Thief for items.
>>
>>30678472
I feel like GTS would want something insane for one
>>
I just beat the elite four and now that I'm looking into post game stuff I have a question about hyper training. Serebii calls it "superficial" yet in the same paragraph says it affects battles. So what is it? If I get a caught pokemon to 100 and hyper train them for all 6 IVs, is that the same as having a pokemon that I breed to have 6 IVs?
>>
>>30678553
That would be amazing. I could breed my feebas for you
>>
>>30678644
Do you have a shelder or chinchou? or another rare?

It's in a quickball if you got balltism btw. Your post made me paranoid
>>
File: Gabite.png (56KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Gabite.png
56KB, 250x250px
What's the easiest way to chain for it's HA?
>>
>>30678622
IIRC, it doesn't work for breeding if yo ucare about that kind of thing
>>
>>30678683
I have a sheder and possibly a chinchou. Ball doesn't matter, I just want one. I'm mad it took two days to find. I went thru three battery life's just for it to kill itself
>>
File: 1479129033097.jpg (8KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
1479129033097.jpg
8KB, 230x219px
how do I get more PC boxes? I cant breed with only six boxes.
>>
>>30678722
That's not bad then, the whole point as I see it is to avoid the breeding for a perfect mon. As long as my hypertrained one is functionally the same in a battle as a 6 IV breed one that's fine
>>
>>30678749
Breed me a shelder and put it on the GTS asking for a level 1 lapras.

Leave your IGN/Message/ and be specific as possible
>>
>>30678761
Keep going, you'll get more
>>
>>30662842
My Jolly Silvally runs Multi Attack, SD, Flame Charge and Iron Head. Alternate between Life Orb or a memory. And it has an EV spread of 252 HP, 4 Attack, 252 Speed. I haven't tried it online yet. How will it do?
>>
>>30678761
i got more when i was about to fill my 7th box
>>
>>30662589
can I hack myself infinite rare candies? Or is item hacking still buggy with pkhex?
>>
>>30678787
Okay I can do that.
IGN: Peppers
Message: whatever the default is, I've never messed with it.
Ill do it right now. Soon as I throw a quick ball at this lapras
>>
What are you guys using to clear Battle Tree?
I was told Mimikyu and Mega-Salamence are excellent, but what are you using as a third?
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 900x888px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 900x888px
How can I run Belly Drum Kommo-O?
>>
Does the Lucky Egg affect how much experience the EXP Share distributes to the backline if the lead pokemon is holding it?
>>
If you evolve the cosmog in the inversed world, will it evolve to the opposite legendary? (no probably not, but i figured id ask)
>>
>>30678894
By breeding
>>
>>30677064

yes. after 30 S.O.S calls, every pokemon called after 30 has guaraneed 4 perfect IV's
>>
>>30678854
tell me when it's up
>>
>>30678906
Breed two eggs give one a lucky and go explode a high level trainer to find out.
>>
>>30678713
Why not use Sand Veil?
>>
>>30664609
Yes with a Ditto.
>>
>>30678956
Hatching the egg now. I also have a chinchou
>>
>>30678967
because nobody on my team will be using sandstorm and it's overall better IMO

main purpose is to use it in the battle tree
>>
File: 1303394916620.png (19KB, 381x400px) Image search: [Google]
1303394916620.png
19KB, 381x400px
Has anyone figured out how to make you connect to missions on the festival plaza?

I refuse to believe it's american daytime, japanese morning, and european evening, and nobody, NOBODY, is playing anything.

My plaza is just dead and I don't know how the hell I'm supposed to grind for points if it likes to pretend I'm the only player on the planet.
>>
is there any way to get wide guard and tailwind on a pre-bank aerodactyl? Can't find any useful info on serebii and bulbapedo
>>
>>30679124
click the little wifi button on the bottom right corner
>>
>>30678956
It's up
>>
>>30679207
Har har, really funny, smartass

Leave it to Nintendo to fuck up online features every single time they attempt them
>>
>>30678761

You can put a pokemon in the first space of every available box, then you exit your PC and enter again. You'll get extra boxes and you can repeat this until you unlock the 32.
>>
>>30679217
Don't see you. Maybe it got sniped?
>>
>>30679199
Breed Tailwind onto Mantine and level it up until it learns Wide Guard.
>>
>>30679445
Actually, Mantyke and not Mantine.
>>
>>30679384
It did. I have another one though. I'll put it up now. It's a female shelder
>>
>>30678713
this, I am also curious
>>
File: eh.jpg (496KB, 1644x927px) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
496KB, 1644x927px
who is the best Pokemon Sun and Moon subbers out there?

My criteria is
No name localizations. (example. Translating Satoshi as Ash, Rocket Gang as Team Rocket)

thats about it actually..
>>
File: 74a.jpg (55KB, 680x877px) Image search: [Google]
74a.jpg
55KB, 680x877px
what's the name of that thing she's wearing?
>>
>>30679445
>>30679199
Or the other way around: Breed Wide Guard on Wingull and level it until Pelipper learns Tailwind.
>>
>>30679524
clothes
>>
>>30679117
Sand Veil is probably still better.
Are you running Rocky Helmet tank? I guess you would benefit from Rough Skin then.
If the AI uses Sandstorm it can clutch
>>
>>30679505
Team Rocket is a perfectly fine translation though
>>
File: 250px-062Poliwrath.png (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-062Poliwrath.png
46KB, 250x250px
When would you evolve Poliwhirl to Poliwrath in Sun/Moon?
>>
>>30680321
When it doesn't have its HA
>>
>>30679535
thanks a lot!
>>
Can I transfer pokemon from my ORAS to SM if I have both games downloaded on my 3DS, or do I need 2 separate 3DS'
>>
>>30680758
pokebank
>>
>>30680758
You only need one. The transferring is just done within Pokemon Bank, itself
>>
Is Tapu Fini better off as a physical or special wall?
>>
File: 1478403408471.png (24KB, 378x366px) Image search: [Google]
1478403408471.png
24KB, 378x366px
I have a 6IV a-vulpix with a 6IV ditto holding a destiny knot. Why are my eggs not all 6IV? I am pretty new to breeding, so a detailed explanation would be awesome.
>>
>>30680846
If the destiny knot hasnt received any changes this geb, it only passes down 5 IVS from the parents not all 6.
>>
>>30680846
Destiny knot only guarantees that 5 of the parents' IVs will be passed down to the child. The 6th is completely random. With two 6IV parents, you have a 1/32 chance of hatching a 6IV pokemon.

The question is, why are you breeding for a 6IV Vulpix? It's not like you need a breeding parent, since you already have a 6IV ditto and another 6IV vuplix.
>>
>>30680846
Destiny Knot guarantees passing down 5 IVs
The IVs are chosen randomly from either parent for 5 different stats
>>
>>30680800
Tapu fini has better special defense, but also has quite respectable regular defense, so it really is just preference based on your team.

Ask yourself what types of pokemon you specifically want to wall, then choose your Nature and EVs accordingly.
>>
File: clipping.jpg (143KB, 552x449px) Image search: [Google]
clipping.jpg
143KB, 552x449px
I'm retarded and removed treasure hunt from my festival.

How do i get it back?
>>
>>30680892
>>30680919
>>30680921
Oh okay, that makes sense, thanks. I am trying to breed up more to trade to my friends.
>>
File: 1462935088631.gif (3MB, 300x233px) Image search: [Google]
1462935088631.gif
3MB, 300x233px
>>30679949
thats not answering my question
>>
aight i'm very new to this shit
I got my hands on a Vulpix and Ditto, how long do I have to wait til they make a fucking egg ? Any way to speed up the process ?
many thanks
>>
>>30680941
I'll go with Bold nature then, I always liked my bulky water types to be physically defensive.
Time to go grind some more abra eggs.
>>
>>30681049

when the breeder crosses her arns,

also breeding works like such

>two pokes with the same ID=less likely
>two pokes with different IDs but one is yours=more likely
>two pokes with two different IDs and neither are yours= extremely likely

Also the Odd Charm increases the chance of spawning an egg, which you get by slapping up Gamefreak Morimoto in the Postgame
>>
>>30680507
So no specific level?
>>
How do I use qr rental teams?
>>
Where can I find moon stones?
>>
>>30682142
Ula’ula Island, Route 13, by the Fountain
>>
>>30682142
Poke Pelago Isle Alphun
>>
What's a good nature for Solgaleo? I'll probably never play Ubers but just in case, you know?
>>
File: 1adachi.png (30KB, 129x119px) Image search: [Google]
1adachi.png
30KB, 129x119px
How do you hi-five your pokemon? I hovered my stylus next to them, do they have to be max affection or something? I've tried hi-fiving a multitude of pokemon, including Mimikyu which you're supposed to be able to.
>>
>>30682728
jolly

gets plenty of great physical moves, so sacrifice your special attack stat for some speed
>>
Any way to get Hombrew with 11.2.0-35u on an old 3ds?
>>
Do I need to have my game on for Pelago to train my Pokemon? Can it be in sleep mode?
>>
>>30683327
>>30683327
>>30683327
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.