[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this not our first Electric/Grass type?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 14

File: literallyeletrictree.gif (1MB, 676x510px) Image search: [Google]
literallyeletrictree.gif
1MB, 676x510px
(that isn't shitty rotom forme)

>literally named for and resembles a tree
>literally learns ingrain and Solarbeam/Energy Ball
>would have made it neutral to Ground which would make sense as it resembles grounded roots/wires.

>Only ultra beast which is pure typed and one of the lamest pure types in that it is rarely paired up.

So why anons?
>>
theres no grass in spaceeee
>>
>>30656299
>except one of the other ultra beasts is literally Grass type and barely looks it in any way.
>>
>>30656274
Nihilego was the only interesting UB as a whole. A new and somewhat strange type combination fits perfectly for the weird monsters from a different dimension.
I guess we should be thankful we got even that. Knowing GF, they probably considered making it water/poison or something.
>>
>>30656274
The thing would be too damn broken.
>>
File: BUG GUY.jpg (30KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
BUG GUY.jpg
30KB, 400x240px
>>30656525
>Nihilego was the only interesting new UB

Shit taste lanklet detected.
>>
>>30656274
a bundle of wires is not a plant
>>
The same reason Sudowoodo and Celesteela aren't grass types, I guess. Being based off/looking like a plant doesn't make you a grass type unless you're actually made of plant. That said I still would have liked Electric/Grass for Wiggle Friend, but I can see the logic for why it's not.
>>
File: h4.jpg (72KB, 400x559px) Image search: [Google]
h4.jpg
72KB, 400x559px
>>30656274
>shitty rotom forme
Kill yourself. Name ONE (1) design that's as /devilish/ as this fucker.

But besides that, I agree. This should've been Electric/Grass and Guzzlord should've been the monotype UB.
>>
>>30656525
The other UBs all have rare typings. Not completely unique, but none of them are really common type combinations.
>>
>>30656617
I think he meant shitty competitively, it's the best designed of all the rotom forms for sure.
>>
>>30656685
But... but... Fridge rotom... he has doors.
>>
>>30656617
Hoopa Bound has a similar level of impishness.
And certainly has a more "lesser demon" kind of mischeif on a large scale.
>>
>>30656525
Given that it is a mind altering parasite that can produce neurotoxins it could have very easily been Psychic/Poison.

Other than Crack cocaine references and being 'glass like' nihilego has no real business being Rock though its odd typing has its own appeal I guess.

Two ultra beasts with the same typing that isn't even unique is lame af though. Pheremosa could have been Bug/Dark or Bug/Fairy, Buzzwole could have been Fighting/Poison.
>>
>>30656545
>like gamefreak cares about things being broken.
>>
>>30656274
Celesteela learns those grass moves as well.
>>
>>30656755
"That isn't even unique."
Nihilego - Unique
02s - Only shared with Heracross
Xurk - Common af
Celesteela - Only shared with Skarm
Kartana - Only shared with Ferrothorn
Guzzlord - Only shared with Hydreigon.

Yes, bug bitch should've been part fairy or psychic, but it isn't like bug/fighting is common.
>>
>>30656274
It's literally wires.
What does that have to do with plants.

Do you think wires grow with soil water and sunlight?
>>
>>30656274
>Implying Ultra Trees are equivalent to Pokemon Trees
>>
>>30656274
the major kink in Xeritrees armor is its lack of defence and speed giving it all those grass weaknesses for a little bit more stab doesnt seem like it would help it
>>
>>30656830
It's also a tree though

Hence the name "Circuit Tree"
>>
>>30656755
Honestly, I think Nihilego's rock/poison typing happened specifically to make its typing hard to figure out when you fight it during the story. You're forced to try different attacks until you find one that works, since its appearance gives no hint to its typing.
>>
>>30656274
isn't Xurkitree named after Circuitry? not tree as in plant?
>>
>>30656274
>literally named for and resembles a tree
you mean "circuitry?" What's that related to, a dogwood?
>>
>>30656584
>bundle of wires specifically looking like tree roots/vines

But folded up paper is?

Stop being an apologist fuck cuntlord

>>30656601

Celesteela IS supposed to be bamboo though, isn't it? It learns leech seed and like half its level up moves are Grass moves. Yet it isn't a Grass type but it seemingly is a plant?

Kartana on the other hand- clearly not a plant but potentially made of plant matter?

What makes a Grass type; especially an Ultra beast one, isn't as cut and dry as 'its a plant'.
>>
>>30656885
It's both.
>>
>>30656942
OK looking at it I see Christmas tree lights on it now, so some sort of vine Christmas tree? man Christmas must be weird in the ub world...
>>
>>30656887
Xurki-
>TREE

Its Japanese name also contains tree in fact all its fucking names literally combine (electricity related word i.e cable, volt etc.) + (tree/plant word) so clearly its supposed to resemble plant life you contrarian fucking cunts.
>>
>>30656830
the dex entry says it behaves like a tree.
>>
>>30656973
It also plants itself in the ground like a tree to absorb nutrients and electricity.
>>
>>30656986
niggas in this thread acting like they never seen a fucking power cord before.
>>
>>30656898

Kartana is an Origami.

Origami is made from folding paper

Paper is made from trees.

And paper can give you papercuts.
>>
>>30657020
And so does Wicke/the International Police records. So even though the Dex usually lies, it's true for once
>>
looking at the tail, it should've also been part ...ground.

>see myself out..
>>
>>30656274
Does anyone else get creeped out by looking at this thing? I opened up Refresh, poked it a few times, then closed it because I couldn't look at it for too long.
>>
>>30657082
I was creeped out back in the dex leak, but after using it, I think it's wacky and adorable
>>
>>30656860
Grantee Electric/Grass gives it more weaknesses (specifically Ice, Poison, Bug and Fire, and it becomes neutral to Flying) but it makes it neutral to Ground, resistant to Water and immune to spores/powders whilst providing an auxiliary STAB that eats through Rock and Ground types and also Ground/Water types.

I feel its a reasonable trade off for a far more unique typing.
>>
>>30656867
Psychic/Poison would have had the same effect though? Without making it oneshottable with the most spammable move in the game: Earthquake (granted it is floating so people would be less inclined to use Ground moves perhaps)
>>
>>30656274
>Pokemon composed of cables and wire should be part grass

>>30656502
>paper pokemon
>shouldn't be grass type

Are you retarded, anon?
>>
>>30656830
Their world is very different from ours. Natural selection and Evolution are exponentially affected by the environment.
>>
>>30657045
Paper itself is not a plant though, is it? Its made from them.

Xurkitree look like organic wires which guess what? Could well be plants from UBland.

Also this:

>>30657023

Can't believe how many gamefreak Cocksuckers there are in this thread.
>>
>>30656986
It's SHAPED like a tree. That doesn't mean it is one. You're retarded.
>>
>>30657020
So its the UB sudowoodo.
>>
>>30657199
>Bamboo Pokemon isn't grass
>it's steel/flying because of what it's based off of

>Oragami pokemon is part steel because of what it's based off of

If these are fine why not the mon partially based on a tree
>>
>>30657258
>not only made from them

By your logic swords aren't metal they're only made from it

Paper is organic and plant based, Therefor it's grass type.

>organic wires

Yeah with it's clearly metal protrusions and plug.

The closest thing to "organic wires" would be blood vessels or nerves.

If anything it should be electric steel.
>>
>>30657199
Omfg. How literally are you interpreting Xurkitree simply as wires/cables when it is also clearly designed to evoke plantlife in its behaviors and ALL its international names? Ffs what is actually wrong with these fuckers.

>muh paper made from trees
Yes but is Kartana itself in anyway plant-like or have plants on its body anywhere? NO.

Im also not trying to say Kartana can't be Grass type (it makes it 4x weak to Fire which is hilarious given it is paper) but I'm saying be fucking open to the possiblity that Xurkitree could/Should have been Electric/Grass.
>>
To anyone who doesn't think it's even tree related:
>"When it begins to run out of power, it stabs its legs and tail into the soil, entering a treelike state as it absorbs electricity from the ground."

It's literally an electric tree
>>
>>30657309
>bamboo pokemon

Funny, no where in game calls it the bamboo pokemon. It may resemble bamboo slightly but read it's entry and you'll see it's not made of plant material. Also pretty sure it's based on a rocket but whatever.

>based on a tree

It's also based on circuitry anon. You seriously have to be dense or retarded to think it should be part grass.
>>
>>30657429
That doesn't make it literally a tree you retard. It's an electric monster shaped like a tree that absorbs electricity through the ground. But that doesn't mean it's made out of plant matter.
>>
File: 1481233744553.gif (805KB, 395x189px) Image search: [Google]
1481233744553.gif
805KB, 395x189px
>>30657461
>pokemon can't be based on multiple inspirations
I don't really think it should be grass, but pretending it's not a tree is retarded
>>
>>30656274

>Tree

Xurkitree = Circutry

It ahs nothing to do with Trees
>>
trees are not grass
>>
>>30656274
GF seems to have a limit of new type combinations they can introduce each gen
>>
Nihilego, Pheromosa, Celesteela, and Kartana having typings that seem wrong at first but later make sense was cool and helped to make them feel more alien. Xurkitree being Electric/Grass would have had the same effect. Why are people against this?
>>
>>30657498
I'm not even saying it's plant matter, I don't think it should be grass. I'm just saying it's a living tree that's made of wires hence "electric tree"
>>
>>30657517
He said "also." Learn to read.

Behaving like a tree doesn't make it a tree.
>>
It's a pun you dummies.

My favorite UB, it's so qt.
>>
>>30657562
But none of those are wrong. They all make sense. Nothing about Xurkitree makes it need to be Grass type.
>>
>>30657498
It's an interdimensional alien. It can bend the rules for the sake of rare type combos.
>>
>>30657397
>plantlife in its behaviors and ALL its international names

>plants can move
>plants can dance
>plants harnessing electricity
>plants getting up and moving someplace else

XURKITREE = circuitry + tree

Resemblance doesn't mean you are something you fuckwhit. Or are ant mimic spiders, actual ants now?

>something made from plants isn't plant based
>being this retarded

And no Xurkitree only resembles a tree slightly, that's it.

>>30657429
>electric tree
>doesn't know how tree's work
>doesn't photosynthesise

Funny anon it doesn't get synthesis. A thing that plants need to survive.

By definition it isn't a plant.
>>
>>30657376
>>30657376
Paper is a plant derived material, a sword is an object made from a material: metal.

Paper is organic but it has been processed from its original state, It is no longer living plant life. Are you going to argue anything made plastic is actually (prehistorical) plant life ergo would be Grass type?
>>
>>30657557
I hope we can all set aside our opinions and agree that this is the most retarded poster in this thread
>>
>>30657597
>It can bend the rules for the sake of rare type combos.

No it can't. All the typings still make sense. Being le wacky alien doesn't change anything.
>>
>>30657616
>By definition it isn't a plant.
That's what I said. It's an electric tree. Like artificial Christmas trees aren't plants but they're "electric trees"

Captcha: "select all images with trees"
>>
>>30657557
Oh yeah good thing there's no grass type tree pokemon or something
>>
>>30657629
>he thinks plastic is only made from one source

And no anon, you're just grasping at straws now.

>>30657569
Thank you

Did you read anon? I said by your logic a sword isn't metal.
>>
>>30657589
>gamefreak dickrider thinks they can do no wrong

>Cant even comprehend the possiblility that gamefreak made a poor decision.

Pack up and go home everbody, there's no poing arguing this. Gamefreak's white knights will hunt us down and make us choke on Maduda's pubes.
>>
>>30657738
>He thinks paper is made from one source.
>>
>>30657702
I just thought of something about a certain grass type tree.

If you people are fine with Exeggutor being a Dragon Type, why make a fuss about Xurcitree potentially being Grass?
>>
>>30657741
>>Cant even comprehend the possiblility that gamefreak made a poor decision.

I think they can do wrong. But they didn't make a poor decision in this case. It's a fucking creature made out of electric cables that happens to absorb electricity by behaving like a tree. It has nothing to do with plants.

if you want to complain about something not being part grass type go look at florges.
>>
>>30657786
>If you people are fine with Exeggutor being a Dragon Type

It got a long neck and a tail. It fits.
>>
>>30657675
But it's not an electric tree, though. If it doesn't photosynthesise it isn't a tree.

It superficially resembles a tree, it also superficially resembles a human (being bipedal with a main core at the top and having two arms)

You plug in your christmas tree?
>>
>>30657589
Did you even finish reading that post, or did you just sperg out after seeing the word "wrong"?
>that seem wrong at first but later make sense
You're seriously telling me you could tell each UB typing at first glance?
>>
>>30657815
>If it doesn't photosynthesise it isn't a tree.
We have fungi and sea lilies (animals) as Grass-types.
>>
>>30657815
>You plug in your christmas tree?
Yes, I do actually. Not even trying to be snide or whatever.
>>
>>30657835
>>that seem wrong at first but later make sense

yes and grass type doesn't make sense you retard. that's what I'm saying.

>You're seriously telling me you could tell each UB typing at first glance?
you mean glass neurotoxin jellyfish, muscle mosquito, kicking cockroach, cableman, sword paper, flying fortress, and fatass crab dragon? NO I COULD HAVE NOT POSSIBLY BEEN ABLE TO TELL THEIR TYPES AND THEY ARE COMPLETELY NONSENSICAL
>>
Sudowoodo is even more tree-shaped and it's not a Grass type.
>>
>>30657786
>literal grass palm tree that becomes slightly draconic in it's appearance
>bunch of wires that superficially resembles a tree

Nice vocabulary anon, check what superficial means and you'll see it shouldn't be grass.

>also it doesn't get synthesis

>>30657776
>"Paper is a thin material produced by pressing together moist fibres of cellulose pulp derived from wood, rags or grasses,"

All paper is plant based, regardless.

Stop being stupid.
>>
>>30657616
Take gamefreak's cock out your mouth a minute and consider this:

To us it looks like wires but in actuality it is the UB equivalent of flora which feeds on electric, hences its 'rooting' behavior and vine like apperance.

also, so does paper photosynthesize?
>>
>>30657904
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_paper

checkmate bitch
>>
This has been bugging me from day one.

It's the only monotype UB, and it could easily be grass given that it's based on a tree and literally has tree in the name. Fucking Game Freak.
>>
File: 1480721829603.jpg (36KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
1480721829603.jpg
36KB, 500x342px
>>30657904
>being "slightly draconic" makes it ok for Exeggutor to be dragon
>being "superficially a tree" makes it unacceptable for it be grass

Am I getting memed on?
>>
>>30657789
>Conspicuously the only pure typed UB when there is a glaring possible type pairing they didn't do for whatever reason. Even Electric/Steel would have been more interesting but then almost half the ultrabeasts would be Steel.
>>
>>30657899
If kicking is enough to justify Fighting-type, how do you feel about Tsareena?
>>
>>30657988
>literally has tree in the name
>must be grass type
The name is a pun on the word circuitry retard
>>
I wish it was grass but it only looks like a tree I guess. It's body is just a bunch of alien cables that conduct electricity.
>>
>>30657988
This anon gets it.

Imma leave these gamefreak apologists to gobble up the remainder or Masuda's cum from the floor.
>>
>>30657815
>You plug in your christmas tree?
Is it that hard for you to imagine?
>>
>>30658045
>pun
That's not what a pun is. You're suggesting that it's a corruption of the word circuitry.
>>30658035
He's lying. No one even knew UB-02 Beauty was kicking-themed prerelease because they never mentioned that.
>>
>>30658045
Its French name involves conifer, its german name, plant.

The bottom line: if it WAS Electric/Grass type, you autistic Gamefreak dick riders wouldn't have a bad word to say about it. So go fuck yourselves you bunch of contrarian obstinates.
>>
>>30657986
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_paper
>paper-like product

Nice try.

>implying i'm a female dog

My bedroom antics should be none of your business.

>>30657997
It's literally a bunch of wires.

As i said earlier it also superficially resembles a humanoid.

Also : "As it grew taller and taller, it outgrew its reliance on psychic powers, while within it awakened the power of the sleeping dragon."
>>
>>30657899
Half that shit comes from site info, not directly from their apperances. You are such a cunt anon. I loathe you.
>>
>>30658085
That seems pretty dangerous.

But yeah it's still not a tree. It's a pseudo tree.

Superficial appearance doesn't make something that.
>>
Xurkitree is a circuitry monster. You guys are autistically fixating on the funky UB spelling creating the word tree.
>>
>>30658148
I don't see why you're so against it. There's plenty of Pokemon with much more convoluted typings and no real reason (ie: Alolan Raichu going Psychic out of nowhere)

Yet Xurcitree at least has more of a reason than many Pokémon and you have to get mad at the prospect of such an idea
>>
>>30658242
This

Pun names should not be taking seriously
>>
File: 1462298075878.jpg (25KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1462298075878.jpg
25KB, 355x369px
You guys are all really autistic.

It's just a bunch of electrical wires that have a tree-like motif.
If some anons want to connect some dots and speculate that it could have been Electric/Grass before, let them.
>>
>>30658203
>That seems pretty dangerous.
It's a fake tree anyway. It's like 9000x safer than people who wrap lights around an actual dry, dying tree they chopped and put in their living rooms
>>
>>30658148
>someone who doesn't have the imaginative faculties to see the similarities between wires and roots and a design which purposefully plays off this similarity that could in theory be a plantlike creature that acts and looks like a wires much in the same way Lurantis is a plant that pretends to be a bug.

Also paper isn't solely wood you cunt it is chemically treated and bleached therefore not singulalry made of one thing.
>>
>>30658242
It's not just the name though. (I don't really think it should be grass type but it's not just the name that are making people say this)
>>
>>30658203
No, Sudowoodo is a pseudo tree. Retard.
>>
>>30658285
>literally not knowing what a pun is and what a corruption is.

>ignoring the plant/tree elements in all its names in other languages.
>>
File: 1439008972150.gif (1MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1439008972150.gif
1MB, 500x282px
>Its another "The funny localization girl at Treehouse thought of another silly randumb pun and now its cannon because we americans say it is"

If its name isnt Xurkitree in japanese, then you have no argument. It only has tree in its name because thats what an unimaginative idiot on a timeclock had to come up with for a paycheck.

Thats like calling Doduo a dodo just because tis english name has Dodo in it
>>
>>30656299
Ultra Space isn't outer space. It's just a blank dimension of harmless radiation.
>>
>>30658249
>using it's psychic power to levitate on it's tail
>why is it psychic though

>mad

>pun name pokemon with no tree like features to it's appearance
>roots itself to the ground to absorb electricity now and again
>moves like a human
>it should be grass guys, it has tree in it's name

You're special or something, you must be.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161210-021704.png (726KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161210-021704.png
726KB, 1440x2560px
>>30658329
>>
>>30657309
It might not even be bamboo, it could be metal shaped like bamboo.
>>
>>30658329
Read the thread. Its name has tree related shit in every language
>>
>>30658352
>Acting like tree in its name is the only argument.

>Being this much of a cunt.
>>
>>30658130
Only contrarian is you faggot.

>MUH GAMEFREAK APOLOGISTS
Why play Pokemon then faglord?
>>
>>30658352
I mean why does Raichu HAVE psychic power not why it floats. Nice goalpost relocation
>>
>>30658329
Xurkitree may be a combination of a corruption of circuitry and tree.
Denjumoku may be a combination of 電気 denki (electricity) or 電磁 denji (electromagnetism) and 樹木 jumoku (tree).
>>
>>30658173
>being this mad on the internet
How sad and lonely your life must be
>>
>>30658287
this
>>
>>30658394
>thinking playing pokemon means you have to utterly swallow everything about it without questioning it whatsoever.

>thinking I play pokemon anymore

I like pokemon as a concept and in general but I haven't brought a game in a long time because Gamefreak are lazy cuntlords with cuntlord fans like you who will go out and buy a game and not question any aspect of it whatsoever.
>>
>>30658419
Pretty sad and lonely anon how did you know? This site is like a loathsome addiction to me now because I have no irl people to really discuss pokemon with and I have a terrible propensity for procrastination. So much so its pretty much ruining my life.

I feel like I need help.
>>
File: ScreenHunter_17 Dec. 08 21.57.jpg (41KB, 507x340px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_17 Dec. 08 21.57.jpg
41KB, 507x340px
>>30658456
>thinking I play pokemon anymore

Then fuck off back to whatever shithole you crawled out of you stupid retard. Jesus christ...
>>
>>30658289
>someone who doesn't know the meaning of pun or superficial

Read this over twat, you mixed it up

>"that could in theory be a plantlike creature that acts and looks like a wires much in the same way Lurantis is a plant that pretends to be a bug."

Lurantis superficially resembles a mantis while it is a plant, hence why it's not bug. You pretty much just agreed with me.

Or should lurantis be bug since it's mimicking a bug?

You can't have it both ways retard.

>cables that superficially mimics a tree sometimes, with no plant like structrues should be grass
>plant that superficially mimics a bug and looks like a bug more than xurkitree looks like a tree, should stay grass

Pic one

>paper made from cellulose fibres isn't plant based

All those life forms on our planet with cellulose. Oh wait, it's only plants

>>30658326
all the other names are puns too.
>>
>>30658456
>I'm here to shitpost everything new and praise gen 1

Get out, we don't need shitters like you who can't accept change and move on. If you're not part of current gen pokemon, you have no place to be here.
>>
>>30658456
"I started coming on /vp/ because of Pokemon Go" the post
>>
>>30658571
>all the other names are puns too
Don't really have an opinion on this shit of whether Wireboi should be grass or not, but what does them being pun names have to do with how legitimate they are? Tons of Pokemon have pun names that actually relate to what they are based off of
>>
Hasn't Lurantis taught us anything?

>looks like a bug, its Bug type right?

No. because its a Grass type who looks like a bug but still has plant behaviours.

>Apply this logic to Xurkitree.

It literally roots itself into the ground to absorb electricity.
>>
>>30658456
>In a thread specifically about a gen 7 pokemon
>I-i dont play pokemon you nerds!

Nobody is buying it bucko. If you didnt play pokemon as you say, you'd have no rhyme or reason to be in this thread. Take your anti-gen shitposting/flame warring back where you came from.
>>
>>30658456
So you're saying you haven't caught them all.
>>
>>30658384
>cunt

Anon you seem upset.

>Made of cables/wires
>no plant like tissue on it
>no leaf like appendages

>roots into ground sometimes to absorb electricity
>doesn't photosynthesise
>doesn't need water

>can move

There's more for it not being a tree, than it being a tree.

Come back when you have understand what a pun is, retard. "cunt" oh no i'm a cunt cause special anons know nothing of biology or plant life, but insist a inorganic circuit pokemon should be a tree.

>>30658412
>trying to derail the argument

It evolved in alola, ask it. how the fuck do i now?
>>
>>30658574
>implying I'm a genwunner because I dont like the current games.

Thats the last thing I am anon. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>30658456
>Admitting to not catching them all

MODS
>>
>>30658629
>plants use electricity

You apply it the other way around.
>>
>>30658559
Great, i will. Fucking free myself from this place. You go back to your gamefreak circle jerk and not question or discuss anything just carry on fapping to gamufureag.
>>
>>30658774
tbf if you don't play pokemon anymore why are you here?

That's like a skinny guy going to the gym and just watching.
>>
>>30658815

So he's a cuck then? That actually makes his post make way more sense.
>>
>>30658639

Except i made this fucking thread you fuck.

I play the occasional showdown match. Its usually mostly infuriating. I'd defintely have a healthier and happier life without vp or showdown but i guess im a glutton for punishment and need a constant source of procrastination.

There are thins i like about gen 7. Plenty i dont like too. Why is everything so fucking black and white in this fanwank circle jerk?
>>
>>30658844
It kinda does actually
>>
>>30658130
>>30658774
Anon, just because it looks like a Christmas tree and has tree in the name means it HAS to be Grass type.

We have a couple of fish pokemon that aren't even fucking water type and that doesn't matter.
>>
>>30658914
remind me not to go to your house during this time of year.. with your fucked up looking christmas tree
>>
>Dragonflies aren't real dragons

wtf i hate the world now
>>
>>30658855
>glutton for punishment

Roy pls leave,

Also it makes sense now why you're stupid enough to think wires should be grass, when gamefreak clearly didn't think it should be.
>>
>>30658709
>All Grass types are literal trees now.

>Literally has white leaf like appendages.
>clearly it does have plant like tissues only to absorb electricity not water etc.

I know what a pun is cunt. It seems to be being tossed around in confusion with corruption though which its name is both a corruption of circuitry but containing a pun on tree.
>>
>>30658942
Anon what?

How the fuck did i not realise this?

Good job anon, if i an hero tonight it's your fault. You just turned my world upside down.

Does that mean sea horses aren't real horses?
>>
>>30658931
The UBs are supposed to be fucking weird looking.

I've grown out of disliking the weird digimon-isk designs since 5th/6th gen.

If you don't like those designs, that's A-o.k. Pokemon isn't what it used to be like it was during Red and Blue, shit changes. Some people grow out of it, some people stick to it. That applies to almost every form of entertainment.
>>
File: 1467853223269.png (369KB, 440x686px) Image search: [Google]
1467853223269.png
369KB, 440x686px
>>30658329
Doduo is a Dodo because it's jap name is Dodo.
>>
>>30658979
>all grass types are literal trees
>making that assumption
>implying i said that

>cable ties look like leaves
>plant tissue can absorb electricity

All those tree's that have been damaged/killed/burnt by lightning clearly weren't real trees right? Since trees absorb electricity right?

>cunt

Ok retard, whatever you say. Do you have any knowledge of circuits/electricity or biology and plants?
>>
>>30658914
I'm not saying it HAS to be grass type simply because it has tree in its name. Fucking god.

All i wanted to state was that the lone ultrabeast with a bland as fuck monotype could have been an interesting dual type because many aspects of its design warrant it and would make it far more interesting than the ten billionth mono Electric type carrying hidden power ice.

I think I'm literally done with vp from now desu and good riddance as you must all think good riddance to me.

I should get on with my life instead of arguing on the Internet at 3am.
>>
>>30656274
>xurkitree
>circuitry
No grass senpai.
>>
>>30659142
>doesn't word his first post right

>bitch and go full autist cause people took it the wrong way and are against a stupid thought
>>
>>30659120
Again, you think all grass type pokemon have to be exactly like real life trees/plants and be affected by stimuli in the same way?
>>
File: 1480986190169.png (462KB, 449x537px) Image search: [Google]
1480986190169.png
462KB, 449x537px
>>30659142
>>
>>30659204
you aren't wrong, but your constant greentext and spacing is really autistic.
>>
>>30659142
Sometimes I wish pokemon had different types, but that doesn't really stop me from being okay with it, that's just me though.

3am is a night time ya g'night
>>
>>30659223
>implying i said that

What i was getting at anon since you're to stupid to figure it out is: it has like 6 grass moves. It's clearly based on circuity but you tards are getting hooked on the fact that it sometimes acts like a tree when it's absorbing electricity.

How can you not understand that?
>>
>>30659264
>greentexting is autistic

see

>>30659228
>>
>>30659340
No, your excessive use of it is.
Not greentexting as a whole.
>>
Why are people this upset at the prospect of Xurkitree being Electric/Grass? It could've easily been that, and someone definitely could take a look at it and say "wow why isn't it?"

This is something that happens with a bunch of Pokemon, hell even the other UBs are weirdly typed for what they're based off of, so it's not like Electric/Grass would be that weird for it.
>>
>>30659535
this
>>
>>30659535
I thought it was moreso people complaining about someone else complaining that it wasn't like that when it should/could be.

I haven't bothered reading through all the mess
>>
File: 1477433086050.png (3MB, 1076x1105px) Image search: [Google]
1477433086050.png
3MB, 1076x1105px
>>30657258
>Xurkitree look like organic wires which guess what? Could well be plants from UBland.

tfw Electric is equivalent to the Grass type in Ultra Space
tfw Rock/Poison is equivalent to the Water type
tfw Steel is equivalent to Normal
>>
>>30656862
you mean circuitry
>>
>>30656617
>Goldeen used Peck!
>>
Holy shit guys, all the ultra beasts, the Nebby line and Necrozma all learn moves at levels that are prime numbers, AND all their base stats are prime numbers. What does it mean?
>>
>>30656617
Haha I thought that its Poke-power just said "Mow Shit".
>>
>>30657616
Its an ultra-plant, it doesn't absorb light to make energy it absorbs energy to make light
>>
>>30656274

Do you see any plant parts on it?
>>
>>30656274
Because it had to get Beast Boost as an ability, when we could easily get a potato battery with Grassy and Electric Surge as abilities.
>>
File: 716.png (23KB, 140x187px) Image search: [Google]
716.png
23KB, 140x187px
>>30656274

>literally resembles a tree in dormant form
>literally learns ingrain and aromatherapy/grass knot/horn leech

hurr why isn't it grass/fairy type?
>>
Xurkitree could have been for circuit which is in circuit boards in electronics
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.