[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legendary Trio idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 9

File: Xerneas Yveltal Zygarde.png (37KB, 295x195px) Image search: [Google]
Xerneas Yveltal Zygarde.png
37KB, 295x195px
What do you think of this idea for cover legendaries?

Fate, Luck and Chaos (Something of a counterpart to Zygarde)

What animals should I based them off of? Maybe Chaos would be part Dragon.
>>
>>30652741
>trio
According to Bulbapedia Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde is not a trio. And Bulbapedia knows best.
>>
>>30652741
I feel like fire/ice would be perfect for a chaos pokemon
>>
>>30652741
Zygarde isn't part of the mortality duo though.
>>
>>30652963
>(X)erneas
>(Y)veltal
>(Z)ygarde
(You)
>>
Past, Future and Present.
>>
>>30652808
>>30652963
>'dex and other shit talks about 100% Zygarde being able to overwhelm Xerneas and Yveltal
Yeah, well, whatever.
>>
XY legends aren't a trio.
Zygarde is the only legendary connected to Kalis through lore.
The other two aren't even explained where they come from.
>>
>>30653006
>having a Z in it's name means it's part of the trio
I guess that means Zekrom is in a trip with Xerneas and Yveltal too, amiright :^)
>>30653083
Raichu's dex entry mentions Indian Elephants, I guess that means that Raichu and an Indian Elephant are part of a duo now :^)
>>
Brains, Brawn and Beauty.
>>
>>30653055
Celebi
>>
>>30653055
We already have two time legends.
>>
>three versions
>fire, water, grass
>your starter now mega evolves into the box legend because why not.
>which mega stone you get depends on which version you play, making 6 possible legends t choose from
>>
>>30653108
They have the same naming style, color style and Zygarde is explicitly said to surpass both of them, being an internal trio master in the same sense as Rayquaza.
And by the way none of their origins are known.
>>
>>30653133
Back to bulbapedo were (you) belong.
>>
>>30653148
Don't forget Celebi and Celebi.
>>
>>30653108
>2030
>XY sequels
>it turns out that Xerneas and Yveltal also separate into cells, though the forms we've seen are their 100%
>you spend the game collecting the scattered cells of your version's cover legend and making their 10%/50% formes up until some final showdown at the Pokemon League
Would anyone here be mad?
>>
>>30653187
Zygarde is he's the guardian of Kalos like Ho-oh of Lugia is of there respective regions.
The other are simply from somewhere.
Also symbol of life.
Symbol of death.
Symbol of order? Yes that's a trio.
>>
>>30653238
I'd be mad if GF decided to visit that shit region ever again
>>
>>30653243
>can grant life on a whim
>can take life on a whim
>watches over the ecosystem, meaning both aspects have to be in balance, explicitly said to be able to overwhelm the other two

It's literally the same deal as with the weather trio, Kyogre raises the sea and Groudon lowers the sea, if shit gets out of hand then Rayquaza steps in.
>>
>>Fate - Psychic/Dark
Some kind of crystal ball thing

>>Luck - Ghost/Fighting(?)
Some sort of whimsical gambler

>>Chaos - Normal(can change type via plates and\or Protean)
Maybe an amorphous horror theme, mouths and eyes roiling about
>>
>>30653360
This, the anime has already shown that when humans abuse Xerneas Zygarde steps in.
>>
>>30652741
Do they even have a label for the them? Is "Axis Trio" or "Yggdrasil Trio" a thing?
>>
>>30653133
You're acting extra stupid than the normal anon here
>>
>>30652963
It's primary ability is made just to counter both of theirs.
>>
>>30653504
Mortality trio is the most used one.
>>
Generic, common rubble underdog pokemon
Normal/Rock type

Unique, exotic, special snowflake pokemon
Fairy/Dragon

Don't know about the third one...
>>
>>30653596
Really? Then why doesn't bulbapedo use it?
>>
>>30653641
Because Bulbapedia needs to have shit spelled out for them in gigantic, 100-foot-tall blinking neon letters on the side of a mountain. No, skywriting won't do.
>>
File: CharacterConcepts.jpg (104KB, 1280x916px) Image search: [Google]
CharacterConcepts.jpg
104KB, 1280x916px
>>30652741
In my own view of things, I feel like a representation of 'willpower' would be a better match.

>Fate guides chance
>Chance can foil the best laid plans
>And a strong will conquers fate

But I think Willpower is covered by another legendary.

But I feel like chaos and luck are a little too closely related as is.

Unless you're intent is to make a trio based on the Secret World factions.
>>
>>30653641
Because it makes no sense.
Think about it:
Life
Death
Order?Guardian?Gurren Lagann?
>>
>>30652741
You could go the generic route with this idea for maximum audience appeal

>"Fate" Pokemon
>Dark type
>large wolf-like creature, sort of demonic
>edgy lore about how it doggedly pursues both humans and Pokemon to ensure that meet the terms of their predetermined destiny

>"Luck" Pokemon
>Fairy type
>fat and happy feline Pokemon, bathed in gold and glamour
>lore speaks about how it battles with fate to improve the fortunes of others, helps humans and Pokemon "cheat" death, gambles with fate often

>"Chaos"
>Dragon/Electric (or some other edgy combination)
>hodgepodge of sharp edges and spikes
>lore suggests that it is the the antithesis of both luck and fate, as it works to assert randomness in the universe and increase the entropy of matter. While fate and luck can team up together, chaos just wants to fuck shit up

Also, because I'm STUNNED this wasn't mentioned

>"Order" Pokemon
>Normal type
>wise, Buddha like presence... maybe an ape or something else humanoid
>only appears when chaos gets out of control, seeks to make sure that what is preordained and what is due to chance are kept aligned rather than sporadic and out of control
>>
>>30652741
My own fakemon legendary sets were things like...

>Athena/Apollo/Hermes (+ Hades)

>warring constellations/zodiac signs

>Purity and impurity (represented by granite and marble themed legendaries)

>Stone Age vs. Iron Age

and so on
>>
>>30654023
That's because order is Zygarde you just described his dex entry perfectly.
>>
>>30652741
>Fate
Psychic/Flying Albatross/Crystal ball mix that's ability raises its evasion by 2+. Name is Destross.
>Luck
A Posion/Normal Meneki Neko named Fortuneko. Ability increases Crit chance by 1.5.
>Chaos
Fairy/Dark. It's a faerie king of sorts that is able to switch between an extremely small (think Joltik) size form to cause madness in the land of man, and a much larger, more intimidating form that causes destruction and confusion from deep underground. It's ability works like Moody but can increase/decrease a stat by modifiers up to 9 stages. It's name is Anarfay.
>>
File: 1454114144929.jpg (117KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454114144929.jpg
117KB, 1440x1080px
>>30654829
Holy shit I didn't realize what a great idea an albatross was for a fate Pokemon until this righteous ass nigga over here brought it up.

Nice work, son
>>
This thread has potential
Trio is based around physics

>Forces
Pure Normal, looks like crystalline humanoid with shifting arrow patterns upon its skin. Its body is separated into pieces that are held together by a bluish glow.

>Energy
Fire/electric, looks like a crystalline dragon, has shifting rainbow patterns beneath its skin. Has several cracks on its body that leak rainbow like energy.

Can't really think of a third one for now.
>>
Solid, Liquid, Gas
>>
>>30655382
Steel, Water, Flying?
>>
How about these:

Rock, Paper, Scissors

Economy, Industry, Politics

air pollution, land pollution, water pollution

good, evil, neutral
>>
File: vilcabamba.jpg (103KB, 1202x700px) Image search: [Google]
vilcabamba.jpg
103KB, 1202x700px
>>30655292
>Gravity
Ghost/ground creature that nullifies opponent's immunities and causes damage to pokemon that tag in, bonus damage to flying types and pokemon with levitate. Probably looks like the aliens in pic related
>>
>>30655628
Gravity is a force though.
>>
>>30655674
Well, the only other thing to go with it is antimatter, which is Giratina's domain
>>
>>30653145
Surprised this hasn't already been done yet. Although I guess this could've been the Swords of Justice's shtick.
>>
>>30655620
>Economy, Industry, Politics
Dragon/Normal, Poison/Steel, Dark/Fighting
>air pollution, land pollution, water pollution
Poison/Flying, Poison/Ground, Poison/Water. Easy.
>good, evil, neutral
Fighting, Normal, Dark
>>
>>30655793
thanks anon

those are exactly what I thought their types would be
>>
>>30655809
I tried coming up with one for RPS, but I couldn't find any thematically appropriate types that were also effective against each other the same way RPS is.
>>
>>30652741
Luck has potential to be an amazing pokemon.
>ability makes moves' effects (like flinch, flamethrower burn, etc.) always work
>>
>>30656023
also make it a rock type in order to spam 100% stone edges
>>
>>30656023
>ability makes moves' effects (like flinch
Please no. If you do that, at least give it crap speed.
>>
Leader of Regional Rodents
Leader of Regional Birds
Leader of Regional Pikaclones
>>
Police, Lawyers, and Judges. They are the cosmic law-givers.

Fighting/Water for the police pokemon (because they enforce laws and are blue) with huge attack and defense, good speed, but poor special attack and special defense, stats similar to Buzzwole. Signature move is Road Block a Fighting type Gyro Ball that also traps, meant to defeat speedsters

Lawyer is Poison/Flying with tons of Defense and special defense but middling HP and speed, stats similar to Rotom. Since lawyers often find themselves playing devils advocate, its modeled after a cute but stylish little imp. Signature move is Filibuster, which causes the foe to flinch but does no damage. Does nothing if the foe outspeeds you.

Finally, we have the Judge pokemon a Grass/Dark type (So it gets STAB on Wood Hammer and Punishment) it's a cloaked figure with strange glowing white eyes and a gavel for a hand, sort of like a tonberry but with hammers instead of knives. Has a high Attack, Special Defense, and speed, but low SpA and physical defense, stats similar to Hitmonlee. Signature move is Case Closer, a physical dark type move with -6 Priority that starts at 60 base power but raises by 30 more base power for each other pokemon that used a damaging move this turn, intended for doubles battles but will usually be 90 base power in singles if your opponent attacked you for damage.
>>
>>30656554
>cosmic law-givers
you had me at this
>>
>>30652741
Just don't make the trio master a shitty gimmicky zen mode/power construct clone anything but that shit especially considering that if the "true" form is only temporary, fuck that shit.
>>
>>30653145
Nihilego, Pheromosa, Buzzwole

Not legendaries but pretty mich match, Nihilego having a big head and all
>>
>>30653353
I'd be happy that if they do remake, it'll actually be a completed version instead of some half assed rush
>>
>Ghost of Christmas Past
Ghost/Fire, has good attack stats but poor defenses. Learns Mystical fire because it has a candle on its head. Also gets a few Fairy moves.

>Ghost of Christmas Present
Ghost/Normal so it gets STAB on Present. Stats are all around, excelling at nothing in particular, but with sorta crappy defenses and good speed, like a toned down Christmas Past.

>Ghost of Christmas Future
Ghost/Psychic because Future Sight is a mandatory move on it. Slower and bulkier than the other two, it learns a few Dark type moves as well.

Bonus!
>Ghost of Marley
Ghost/Steel, gets Spirit Shackle, stats are like Aegislash permanently stuck in shield form.
>>
>Birthrights pokemon
>Conquest pokemon
>Revelations pokemon

OC DONUT STEEL
>>
Bony Spirit

Fleshy Soul
>>
Expand - Dragon/Fire
Contract - Fairy/Ice
Normalize - Steel/Rock
>>
>>30652741
The six seasons.
>>
>>30652741
Martial artist based Pokes, it doesn't even have to be legendaries. You have the good one that takes longer to learn its skills, but has high potential, bad one that is faster, but low potential, and a master which would be in the middle.

Good: fighting/fairy
Bad: fighting/dark
Master: fighting/psychic
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 239x234px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 239x234px
Miracles, Certainty and Endlessness.
>>
>>30656804
>Crawdaunt
>Gothitelle
>Kyreum
>>
>>30653596
>life and death
>morality
>>
>>30652741

No.
>>
File: 1437159015139.jpg (9KB, 255x247px) Image search: [Google]
1437159015139.jpg
9KB, 255x247px
>>30653360

>X and Y games
>Xerneas and Yveltal are abused to make a super ultra mega hyper weapon to completely fuck the world in the dick
>Zygarde is sitting in a cave with its mechahead up its technoasshole
>>
>>30656256
I'd like the next legendaries to just a route 1 bug, bird, and rodent from some dimension where every Pokemon is legendary. Maybe with an alternate dimension Pikaclone as the mythical.
>>
>>30657321

>Morality
>>
>>30657321
>I can't read
>>
How about a quartet based off the time of day?
Morning: Water
Noon: Grass/Fire
Evening: Bug/Fairy
Midnight: Ghost/Psychic
>>
>>30653238
Yes, because I think the Zygarde cells are dumb
>>
File: PICTURE THIS.jpg (22KB, 270x243px) Image search: [Google]
PICTURE THIS.jpg
22KB, 270x243px
What about agriculture and industry? Pull a Ruby/Sapphire deal where there's two diametrically opposed "teams" of villains.

Agriculture
>Grass/Ground
>Based on a prehistoric giant sloth with moss growing in its fur. Dex entries say that it keeps the seeds of every known plant in its moss, and spreads them around the planet by travelling to desolated areas. Originally an ally to humans, it grew disillusioned as humans began to industrialize and pollute the environment. In a rage, it destroyed a massive factory before disappearing. No one has seen it since...if you have this version of the game, the main villains are a team of radical environmentalists in opposition to a conglomerate of reckless industrialists.

Industry
>Poison/Steel
>Looks like Exploud and Heatran fucked and the kid was raised by Muk. A mechanized mess of smog-spewing smokestacks, powered by an internal furnace. Originally a sludge-like pokemon similar to Grimer, it absorbed early human machinery into its form and became a powerful new creature, capable of smelting, welding, and providing power on an industrial scale. The discovery of this pokemon was instrumental in the industrialization of the pokemon world, but the waste it produced was why the Agriculture pokemon attempted to fight back. The Agriculture pokemon destroyed the factory where it worked, burying it under the rubble. It's lain in the abandoned, derelict factory ever since, waiting to be reawakened...if you have this version of the game, the villains are the industry union, who are trying to smash the environmentalists that are working against their factories.
>>
File: tarrasque.jpg (239KB, 1000x1375px) Image search: [Google]
tarrasque.jpg
239KB, 1000x1375px
>>30659181

and then:

Primitivism
>Rock/Dragon
>A large, old, and ancient looking dragon, with a very low and slender body. Kind of like the Tarrasque from DND.
>Dex entries mention that it existed long, long ago, where it was always stomping across the world. Early societies were nomadic purely to avoid its rampages; you couldn't afford to get too comfortable in one place. Eventually, humans and pokemon teamed up for the first time to defeat it, and in the peace that ensued, civilization could finally form. After defeating the enviornmentalists or industrialists and their legendary of choice, the desperate leader would attempt to revive the Primitivism avatar so that civilization can be restarted instead of "ruined."

that's right fuckers the trio king would be a fossilmon
>>
>>30659221
That sounds like such a cool idea for the origin of why people and pokemon started working together.
>>
You know what I want to see? And yea, this is a little off topic.. I want to see some sort of Fighting time king of the Regis. Sure, we got Regigigas who is supposed to be 'the big one', but come on.. ice, rock, steel, and nornal. All weak to fighting. Why was their no anti-regi fighting type lgenedary?

Am I the only one that that ever bothered?
>>
>>30653954
The order of all things living and nonliving
>>
>>30659181
>>30659221
I had a sort of similar idea, but the concepts were Past, present and future, though I didn't go as far to think of specific appearances or fluff.
Past would be rock fire and have definite neolithic vibe to it, probably look like something out of a cave painting, or have said paintings on it.
Future would be a sleek, technological steel/electric type that looks like something out of modern sci-fi, but with some elements of old stuff hidden on it. I do have a bit of lore where past and future used to be the same pokemon, but when humans started to do their thing future began to modify itself
No idea what present would look like or be even
>>
>>30655674
No it isn't, go back to middle school you double nigger.
>>
is a quartet (or quintet) acceptable? Since I had some ideas for pokemon based of the four (Five) horsemen of the apocalypse.
War would be fire steel and have an ability that makes nondamaging moves ALWAYS hit the user as if they were confused
Pestilence would be a poison... something type with an ability that just autopoisons everything else on the field maybe something else too
Famine would be a bug ice type (IF you don't get it, locusts eating crops and early winters are classic causes of bad harvests) and their ability would make berries, leftovers, and the move swallow not work. Oh, and no healing while it's out
Death would be a ghost something who's ability works like beast boost, but things it KO's can't be revived
Conquest, being the horseman that most often (Read; Always) gets replaced with something else these days would be flying/steel, and their ability would let them ignore abilities of the other four and take less damage than normal from supereffective attacks
>>
>>30660201
Actually gravity is classified as a force, specifically one that attracts things that have mass toward one another
>>
>>30660302
Er. death should say "Revived in that battle" it doesn't permakill pokemon
>>
>>30659181
>>30659221
>>30659221

Some elaboration on these pokemon, with some ballpark stats

Agriculture
>Grass/Ground
>145 / 125 / 95 / 100 / 110 / 105
>Harvest
>Encounter occurs in Grassy Terrain
>Moveset at Encounter: Power Whip / Earthquake / Cotton Guard / Rest @ Lum Berry
>Tutor Move: Berry Plant | Grass | Status | Plants held berry in the ground for an ally to consume on switch-in.

Industry
>Poison/Steel
>90 / 100 / 130 / 140 / 130 / 90
>Flash Fire
>Encounter occurs in Acid Rain (chip damages non-Poison types; exclusive to this battle)
>Moveset at Encounter: Sludge Wave / Flash Cannon / Fire Blast / Magnet Rise @ Black Sludge
>Tutor Move: Smogsplosion | Poison | Status | Creates a thick cloud of smog that badly poisons all Pokemon on the field.

Primitivism
>Rock/Dragon
>115 / 127 / 115 / 85 / 115 / 122
>Primal Rage: Sharply boosts the Attack after knocking out a foe.
>Encounter occurs in Sandstorm
>Moveset at Encounter: Rock Wrecker | Dragon Rush | Crush Claw | Crunch
>>
>>30660302
>who's ability works like beast boost, but things it KO's can't be revived
That seems pretty pointless. There are currently no moves that can revive a fainted pokemon, trainers are never gonna use revives in single player, and you can't use items in multiplayer. Just keep the beast boost part, which actually works very well thematically.
Good job otherwise.
>>
>>30660953
That last part is LITERALLY just to differentiate it from beast boost and also make it so it's a harder "Boss fight"
They'd all have the same BST too except conquest who's naturally stronger than all the rest because... well, conquest.
>>
File: Ash Loses yet again.jpg (2MB, 1100x9000px) Image search: [Google]
Ash Loses yet again.jpg
2MB, 1100x9000px
>>30652741

Fate
- Normal Legendary
- Access to almost all moves (that won't openly break it).
- Highly offensive attacking, medium-low defenses, medium speed

Luck
- Fairy
- Highly defensive, high health, super speed.
- Can only use moves like counter or mirror coat to do damage.
- Has a move that either does a massive amount of damage to the opponent, a massive amount of damage to everyone on the field, or a massive amount of damage to itself.

Chaos
- Ghost/Steel (to counter the prior two Legendaries)
- Steel type is because the Chaos legendary would had been created by humans, thus is artificial.
- Stats during a battle has a chance to change randomly each turn from semi-high defenses and semi-low attacks to semi-high attacks and low defenses. This change occurs during the beginning of the turn, regardless of which Pokemon attacks first.
- Uses a move which either does massive damage, massively damages itself, does nothing, or heals the opponent.
- Uses a move which does super effective damage to a random declared type.
- Chaos has a random chance of automatically switching out of battle, and dragging in a random Pokemon from your team.
>>
>>30661503
>- Can only use moves like counter or mirror coat to do damage.
>- Has a move that either does a massive amount of damage
nope, fuck that.
>>
Legendary trio based on Progressivism, Conservatism, and Neutrality. They perform the role of minor legendaries and have a BST of 580.

However, if the party that controls them have a extremist deposition, they change into their Extreme Forms, which have a BST of 680.

Their "trio master" is a form-changing, 600 BST pokemon similar to Zygarde, and its "complete forme" has a BST of 700.
>>
>>30663173
Progressive
>Flying
>Sleeps and lives in midair
>Based on swift
>High SAT and SPE, low ATK and HP
>Flying/Dark in Extreme Form
>Extreme Form has ability that starts a storm which lasts for 5 turns
>Storm deals 80 BST Flying damage every turn

Conservatism
>Ground
>Sleeps and lives underground
>Based on tortoise
>High ATK and HP, low SAT and SPE
>Extreme Form is Ground/Dark
>Extreme Form has ability that ables ground moves to hit flying types and levitating pokemon
>Ground moves become 1.5x stronger as well

Neutrality
>Normal
>Is a rock, weirdly enough
>Rock
>High ATK and SAT, low DEF and SDE
>Extreme Form is Normal/Dark
>BST is min-maxed to be extremely defensive
>Ability is just truant

Ideal
>Normal
>Is in dream world
>Robed humanoid figure that has three rings instead of a upper head. Looks like a digimon.
>BST is 100/100/100/100/100/100
>Enters "complete form" when special move is used
>Looks even more like a digimon
>Mythology says that it gave its powers to the trio and made them legendaries
>It also says that the legendary used to be

Please help me improve this idea.
>>
Luck >> Normal Ghost. Such a retarded typing pretty much nothing else could have it.
Fate >> Water Fairy. water representing life and fairy representing gay.
Chaos >> give him a type changing ability cuz chaos shouldnt have a stagnant type
>>
>>30663960
the whole idea seems too political
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.