[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This character is so well written

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: 170px-Sun_Moon_Lillie.png (77KB, 170x385px) Image search: [Google]
170px-Sun_Moon_Lillie.png
77KB, 170x385px
that one edit would make her lose two thirds of her fanbase
>>
>>30650957
Lol, nope.
>>
>>30650986
It would
>>
>>30650957
Now she is Gyaru
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyaru
>>
>>30651058
You know this board is full of underages when you have to link what Gyaru means.
>>
>>30651023
Nope. To lose something, one must first have something.
>>
>>30650957
Did you get this from tumblr
I've seen tumblr users drawing her like that
>>
>>30650957
>implying this isn't an improvement
>>
>>30651114
I don't trust this board to know anything.
>>
>>30650957
Personal appearence is important to writing, m8.

If you have a character whose background story revolves in a specific theme they can and should stick to the expected appearence for the character, in this example the throphy kid of a crazy blonde beauty-obsessed """scientist""".
That might be also the reason some other characters come as strange and tiring as Tierno being a aspiring dancer despite being a fat fuck.
Consistency is good even if it's unintentional.
>>
>>30650957
Only because niggers with blonde hair look weird. Give her black hair and I'd like her as much as normal Lillie, if not more.
>>
>>30650957
I fell in love with the character and her personality, not her skin you shallow fucking mongrel
In fact, I didn't care for her UNTIL I played the game
help I fell in love with a fictional character what do?
>>
>>30650957
I disagree but it would be around a third

If Zinnia was made into a guy he would be hated
>>
File: 1473348005055.png (140KB, 238x275px) Image search: [Google]
1473348005055.png
140KB, 238x275px
why are so many people on this website so retarded about race

how does the tone of a characters skin bother so many people here
>>
>>30651153
Which is dumb because Lillie is clearly a very sheltered girl that probably wouldn't be allowed outside too often. Even if she is Alolan, which I doubt, she would be pale. Shit, I'm a dark skinned Puerto Rican and I get pale in the winter time.

I'm pretty sure Lusamine is from Kanto, in which case she would force Lillie to stay out of the sun for the sake of beauty.
>>
>>30651228
Cuz a great portion of this sites users is racist af
>>
>>30651228
Two reasons:
1) Underage faggots who 'grew up' here and don't know how to form an opinion of their own and took all race trolling as totally serious opinions.

2) Race trolling since it gets (You)s at an exceptional rate.
>>
>>30651228
Because like Tumblr, they're unable to separate politics from their hobbies.
>>
>>30651058
>implying you have to be brown to be a gyaru
>>
>>30651228
Because they're insecure retards who want everything to be white.

Though in this gen, characters like Kiawe and Olivia have more of a positive reception than a negative one. So there's still some decency here.
>>
>>30650957
That Lillie looks bad because you made her "ambiguously anime brown. The blonde hair doesn't work, she needs an actual human skintone.
"Dark skin/dark hair Lillie works, but I think her outfit would need to change color as the pure white would cause way too much contrast in a bad way, as seen in OP's example.
Lillie is an interesting case where only having a few colors on her palette works out for her (though her bag is clearly there to have contrast, otherwise she'd look like the people who slap a bunch of black/white on their trainer and call it an outfit).

tl;dr changing her skin would do nothing except make racists angry, she'd still be a well designed and well written character, but would need a few tweaks if you shifted her from being white.
>>
>>30651180
I see what you mean, but there's a difference between something being more likely and something not happening at all.
There's black scientists, they just aren't common, and it's certainly not fair to treat them worse than you'd treat ghetto trash black or white
>>
>>30651251
>human skin can get pale
Huh.
>>
File: 1471896423008.png (176KB, 203x341px) Image search: [Google]
1471896423008.png
176KB, 203x341px
>>30651273

racists are degenerates who destroy any chances of an online community having decent content
>>
>>30651228
OP here, this is exactly my point
I'm no saint
>>
>>30651228
You must understand exactly why dark skin is hated to get why we flip out over dark skin characters mate.
>>
>>30651251
She's not Alolan, she's from "far-off". She's probably not from Kanto either considering she seems pretty ignorant of the region at the end of the game.
>>
>>30651317
OP again, you're pretty damn correct.
So I'll just move my goal post.
If Lillie wasn't attractive, those fans would drop
>>
>>30651408
>We
Explain yourself
Dark skin characters are almost always based on exceptional people, not degenerates
Even a racist would understand that statistics don't imply that every single dark skinned person on the planet is any dumber or more violent than the beholder
...Right?
>>
>>30651449
>If Lillie wasn't attractive
So youre saying you find 10 year old girls attractive anon?
....Pls take a seat
>>
>>30651408
Why is dark skin hated?
>>
>>30651325
Well it's pretty simple. Your body only produces melanins when exposed to frequent sunlight in order to protect your cells. So in the winter time when I'm indoors more often and there is less sunlight my body makes less melanin and I get lighter and lighter skin. I once lived in Sweden for a year and I got practically white.
>>
>>30651408
What's the point of flipping out over dark-skinned fictional characters, though?
>>
File: image.png (370KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
370KB, 600x700px
I mean Burnet gained some love after getting a redesign with a tan though
>>
>>30651449
I don't get your point.
Yes, if a character looks like shit then of course they're going to be less popular then if they look good.
>>
>>30651322
But nobody should expect a race issue to be more important to the little plot we got.

Lusamine's family is clearly stranger to Alola and the "doll kids" thing Lusa keeps rolling is consistent.
Since Lillie is a clearly cute girl, which has a lot of camera time and is much more deeply explained than other characters she's a popular favorite.
Doing a change in design only for skin tone would not fit in her specific story, and we have many fans for brown characters, the only difference is the exposure time and the consistency with their background story.
>>
>>30651576
IIRC the most popular character in Jurassic world is a blumin giant blue lizard so you can go fuck yourself
>>
File: 1411006724289.jpg (2MB, 2510x1442px) Image search: [Google]
1411006724289.jpg
2MB, 2510x1442px
>>30651449
>>If Lillie wasn't attractive, those fans would drop
What? That's the case with any character. The job of a character designer is to make appealing designs that people would like. What qualifies as 'appealing' varies from person to person (i.e milf lovers vs lolicons) but unless the character in question is designed specifically to appeal to said niche, then it's not something a designer needs to worry about. Pi related appeals to certain niches, but it's still a good design at it's core.

Lillie is 'attractive' because she was designed well, because the desinger did what designers are supposed to do. Why the fuck would anyone willingly make a character unappealing unless it was a part of their character (i.e. Feebas, Quasimodo)?
>>
>>30651658
The most endearing character in Jurassic World is a 6 foot tall blue lizard. Come again
>>
>>30651561
To be fair, Burnett just gained attention because she was in a main-series game.
Some people like her redesign, some are indifferent, but some people don't because they think her old outfit looked better
But the people that like it along with the people who have now discovered her override any negativity, which was already small in the first place.
It's not a "muh dark skin" thing like OP's pointing out, though, it's just a matter of outfit preference
>>
>>30651449
True. The helpless female type characters that can't do one thing for themselves only work if they're pretty. They have nothing else going for them.
>>
Now she looks like a ganguro slut.

I like it.
>>
>>30651615
>character designed to be intimidating is given an intimidating design is completely fine
>character designed to be cute is given a cute design is absolutely not allowed
>>
>>30651658
Didn't most 90's movies use fat loser nerds as protagonists
>>
>>30651251
Considering their names, Lillie, Gladion, Lusamine, Mohn, Faba, Wicke and probably the entire Aether Foundation are supposed to be from the pokémon version of Germany.
>>
>>30651190
Seek professional help.
>>
>>30650957
>blonde niggers

Tatsuya no Thanku
>>
>>30651058
Ganguro Lillie looks a shit
>>
>>30651698
Who the fuck is talking about Jurassic World? You, obviously, but the discussion is about character design. Character design for animal type characters follows a totally different criteria than that of human characters.

The 6 foot tall blue lizard being presented as endearing is also character design, plus doing the juxtaposition of "big scary thing actually being cute" is very very common and has been used in movies for forever, just like "small cute looking thing being mean and evil".

>>30651792
Again, what does that have to do with this anime girl? Fat nerd protagonists are likely protagonists because they're relatable to the viewer, but that's a totally different topic.
>>
>>30651963
So guys can be attractive or ugly and still be just as endearing with any personality.
But girls have to be pretty in order to align with them being helpless?
>>
File: 1470246496678.jpg (43KB, 585x438px) Image search: [Google]
1470246496678.jpg
43KB, 585x438px
>>30650957
>that one edit would make her lose two thirds of her fanbase

But now she turns me on.
>>
>>30650957
Racism is a powerful thing, anon. There have been threads by people who feel the game was ruined because there were too many brown people.
>>
>>30650957
>making her a male would make her lose two thirds of her fanbase
>making her an old hag would make her lose two thirds of her fanbase
>making her black would make her lose two thirds of her fanbase
Of fucking course, Lillie is perfect as is, anything you change and you ruin her.
>>
>>30652146
>So guys can be attractive or ugly and still be just as endearing with any personality.
Not really true. Not sure what that other anon was going for but even relatable protagonists either look average or attractive. Fat neckbeard designs are usually reserved for comic relief characters.

Characters will in most cases have designs that amplifies their roles.
If you have designs that clash with their role then you better be damn sure it's going to be pointed out some way or another.
>>
>>30650957
who would sympathize with ganguro trash
>>
>>30651228
Because some people find certain skin colours more attractive than others. It's just a preference.
>>
>>30652407
Would said people fuck the world's ugliest white girl or the world's prettiest black girl
>>
>>30651813
Im only seeing the German in "Mohn" here, as it is basically "poppy" in german. They are all just called after some plants again, thats it
>>
>>30651561
>MARRIED TO KEKUI
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30650957
This can be applied to any of the female characters.
>>
>>30653086
Almost every relevant character in pokémon is named after a plant, but the Aether guys' names are more similar to the german names of their respective plants than other languages. Mohn is just the most obvious of them.

Faba's japanese name is Sauboh, which comes from https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ackerbohne
Wicke comes from https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicken_(Vicia)
Lillie, Gladion and Lusamine work for multiple languages, but are still really close to german as well
>>
>>30653086
Lillie's Japanese name is literally pronounced lee-lee-eh, like in German. This is also true for all non-English localizations, although I'm not sure how they pronounce her name in English.
>>
File: XY_Grant.png (481KB, 955x1280px) Image search: [Google]
XY_Grant.png
481KB, 955x1280px
>>30651180
This
So far olivia and iris are the best written black characters. Do you even remember who this guy is?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.