[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss horde battles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: TINMmri.jpg (90KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
TINMmri.jpg
90KB, 1024x768px
I miss horde battles
>>
>>30648904
Same, fuck the sos bullshit
>>
>>30648904
>>30648915
i like hordes, and i also like SOS.
but dear jesus- i do not want to see hordes in SM...
the game lags e-fucking-nuff in double battles-- i do not want to see the game run at 2 fps to run six 3d models at once.
>>
>>30648904
i want SOS hordes
A Pokemon calling other 4 at beutifull 2FPS
>>
I never liked hordes, unless you happened to have a wide range move to kill them all at once it was just annoying.
Especially if they all feel like spamming debuffs on you.
>>
>>30648904
Me too, SOS battles where a mistake
>>
Can you bastards comprehend the sheer level of framerate drop a horde battle would induce on sun and moon? Blighttown would fucking blush.
>>
File: sadsel.png (181KB, 1031x786px) Image search: [Google]
sadsel.png
181KB, 1031x786px
>>30649067
Tfw wasnt paying attention doing hordes an eq'd a shiny roselia and shuppet
>>
Frame rate doesnt
>>
sos is crap

couple days ago
i was in the lush jungle hunting for a oranguru - found one
got him in red
he calls for pikipek
i kill pikipek
he calls another pikipek
i kill that pikipek also
and another one
and another one
and another one

for at least 5 rounds the same shit! and i couldn't even throw a fucking ball

than i left pissed
>>
>>30650173
That's the thing about SOS battles.
There's some wicked desire sensor bullshit going on so when you want a chain you'll never get it but when you don't want it that's all that happens.
>>
>>30649067
>Horde of Sturdy Geodudes
>>
>>30648904
I dont. They caused the frame rate to drop a fuck load and with the massive frame rate issues S&M already has I am glad they are gone.
>>
>>30648977
This
>>
SOS replaced horde because of performance issues.

The battle with the 5 grunts in the aether foundation was supposed to be a horde battle.

Horde will probably be back in Stars.
>>
Here's how you would fix the frame rate in SM if hordes were in.

Remove trainers.
>>
>>30648977
They should've made anything besides Singles leave out the trainers.
>>
>>30650803
No. Trainers need to stay. It's something Pokemon has been missing for 20 years now.

Hordes can fuck off if it means replacing trainers.
>>
>>30650173
Honestly just let people throw poke balls when there's more than one pokemon up on the field. Why the fuck would you even restrict it to begin with?
>>
>>30650926
Trainers literally serve no purpose at all.
Hordes on the other hand both are something that can happen in the wild and were the fastest method of EV training yet.
>>
I don't.
>>
>>30648904

given the frame drops in double battles, I don't...
>>
>>30651004
if you aren't a complete retard and do some research you'll find that SOS chaining is just as fast

although you have to do more inputs, stop being lazy
>>
They just need some way to lower the load when there's too much on screen, like turn the non-focus models into lower poly count models. Out of sight, out of mind.

I would love a Horde SOS though.
>Five Zubats appear
>They all use Confuse Ray
>All five call for help
>Five new Zubat appear, bringing it to 10 v 1

God I can only get so un-erect.
>>
>>30649016
>horde SOS
>suddenly the game become a 2D mouso
>>
>>30651053
>you'll find that SOS chaining is just as fast
>random chance is as fast as certainty
I mean, you're 'technically' not wrong because the possibility is there but the odds are incredibly slim.
You have to play the RNG game each and every time so it can range between super fast or super slow.

The thing that made hordes fast was that you could initiate hordes by yourself and that there were many hordes in XY that would give you the EVs you need. With that said hordes weren't totally fool-proof until ORAS where they made a horde for a specific stat appear 100% of the time on a certain route.
>>
>>30650718
>Shiny geodude has Rock Head
>>
>>30649067
That's why the levels for hordes are low.
>>
>>30651518
if you take 2+ fucking precision debuff in the face you are still in for a shitty time
>>
Me too. Easy way to get shynies
>>
>>30650173
Paralyzed pokemon cant call for help
>>
>>30650926
Trainers were in Colosseum and Gale of Darkness.
>>
>>30650173
>use a status move
wew
retard
>>
I want hordes to call for SOS
>>
All the better reason to go to Switch
>>
>>30648904
imagine the horde Totem battle lag
>>
>>30650966
So people wouldn't continue to catch shiny after shiny on a single chain, I'm assuming. Devalues them even more than they already have been. Still pretty stupid, though.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.