[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is how we'll play Pokemon on the Switch with two screens.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: Switch Pokemon Peripheral.png (16KB, 782x753px) Image search: [Google]
Switch Pokemon Peripheral.png
16KB, 782x753px
This is how we'll play Pokemon on the Switch with two screens. They'll sell a peripheral like this to hold it in portrait mode, which will change it from single-screen mode to "two"-screen mode. And the peripheral will "snap" onto the front of the Switch to act as a screen protector when you're not using it.
>>
>>30648626
No it wont.
>>
It won't.
>>
Nah, won't happen.
>>
>>30648780
>>30648830
>>30648840
We'll see.
>>
Do you think the switch won't be able to connect to a tv?
>>
Why are people acting as if two screens is essential? Pokemon games have existed without dual screens and literally every other video game platform except the Wii U doesn't have dual screens. It's not necessary. And none of the Pokemon games have done anything except slightly more convenient menu navigation with it anyway.
>>
>>30648626
That would suck. I wanna play pokemon on the big screen.
>>
File: pokemongreenred_013004_carts.jpg (36KB, 460x307px) Image search: [Google]
pokemongreenred_013004_carts.jpg
36KB, 460x307px
>nintendo will never include a peripherial with a game to make it more functional
oh wait
>>
>>30648626
No.

Most likely it'd be the same 2 screen setup with the upper screen on the TV, but when you "switch" to mobile console, stuff will be overlayed
>>
>>30648626
That's a very dumb idea.
>>
File: 1481272497927.png (192KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481272497927.png
192KB, 480x480px
>>30649400
Not even mildly comparable
>>
>>30649411
Considering the Switch's second screen is covered when docked, that seems unlikely.
>>
>>30649411
I don't think you understand how the Switch works. It isn't Wii U 2.0.
>>
>>30649463
Can't you pull it out and use it like a gamepad?

If not then they'll just make it single screen like back in the day. No way Nintendo will let them sell such a popular game that needs a special attachment to even be playable
>>
>>30649359
>tvs have two screens
Are you illiterate or retarded?
>>30649397
You're definitely retarded.
>>30649411
There is no TV display when the Switch isn't docked because the dock is just a dock. And you can't use the Switch itself while it's docked except to play on the TV. The unit itself is unplayable when docked.
>>30649431
>Poke Walker
>>
>>30649530
You can, but then the TV turns off. It's meant to be a single screen device instead of the two screens of the Wii U.
>>
File: 1481220276003.png (80KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1481220276003.png
80KB, 355x369px
>>30649551
Wow if only Pokemon could ever be played without 2 screens...
>>
>>30648626
There is no way this would ever get approved by Nintendo. They want Pokemon to sell like hotcakes, which it will unless you drive up the price even more than it being a console game by making an extended fucking screen.

Stars or whatever will be single screen, it's plainly obvious
>>
>>30649530
>No way Nintendo will let them sell such a popular game that needs a special attachment to even be playable
What's with all the illiterate dipshits in this thread?
>They'll sell a peripheral like this to hold it in portrait mode, which will change it from single-screen mode to "two"-screen mode
>which will change it from single-screen mode to "two"-screen mode
>two picture modes
>>
>>30649702
Holy fuck. >>30649725
>>
SM already uses the lower screen a fair bit less than the previous games, so it wouldn't be so hard seeing it jump to a single screen.
Assumming the Switch screen is a touchscreen, it shouldn't be so bad.
>>
>>30648626
It's people like OP that make me realize that even though I can have some bad ideas, I'm not a complete retard.
>>
>>30649760
>Assumming the Switch screen is a touchscreen, it shouldn't be so bad.
>literally no part of the promotional information they've put out even hints at a touch screen
Friendo, I got some bad news
>>
>doing this convoluted bullshit just to play a game a certain way instead of designing the actual fucking game around the hardware

No.
>>
>>30649877
http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/27/13437544/nintendo-switch-touchscreen-multi-touch-support-report

???????
>>
The only reason to keep a two screen dynamic is to keep the menus as separate as possible from the battle screen, but the bottom screen UI for move selection is vertical and to one side; if it was on the top screen it would barely be intrusive to the view of battles.

There's no reason to cut the size of the screen in half just because visibility of the battlefield when picking a move isnt totally unobstructed
>>
>>30649877
They haven't denied it either, and rumors (by the people who leaked what the Switch was) point to there being a touchscreen.
>>
>>30649939
Official comments by Nintendo have been extremely non-committal as to whether it will have a touch screen.
>>
>>30649877
touch screen is such a standard feature at this point they shouldn't have to advertise it.
>>
>>30649910
>implying expensive peripherals aren't a thing
Nigger, people pay hundreds of dollars each console cycle for fight sticks just to play 1 or 2 fighting games.
>>
>Designing an expensive peripheral
Or
>drawing a different GUI
It's pretty obvious what's easier and going to happen
>>
>>30649551
You're definitely autistic.
>>
I own three $130 keyboards. In Half-Life 2 I can run diagonally sprint crouch-jump and change weapon at the same time. Thats 6 keys son. I have full n-key rollover courtesy of my PS/2 connector. No touchscreen can do that. You know what else a touchscreen can not do?
Click.
Clack.
Click.
Thats the sound of me hitting a key. That is how I know without a doubt that my machine knows I hit a key. When you hit a touchscreen you hear nothing - you know nothing.
Touchscreens are fucking gay.
>>
>>30650241
Pokemon itself has audible sound effects when you use the touch screen to let you know contact was made

Sometimes touch screens have a tactile feedback of sorts with vibrating but I find that pretty shit
>>
did anybody here not play pokemon on the gba, gbc or gb. who cares about dual screen. i swear alot of people herr started with diamond and pearl
>>
>>30648626
>Biscreen fags will defend this
>>
>>30648626
Looks like it'll be too top heavy.
In other words it's retarded.
>>
File: DerpCox.png (3KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
DerpCox.png
3KB, 112x112px
>>30650384
>top-heavy
>most of the weight is at the bottom
>>
>>30650241
>When you hit a touchscreen you hear nothing
There's the little 'tac' of something hitting the touchscreen anon.
Then there's the response.
And most times touchscreen have sounds associated with them like those clicks you love.

Have you actually used one before?
>>
>>30650439
That's pasta, ya idjit.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.