[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that Alola has no Victory Road.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

File: 1479979470520.jpg (22KB, 240x237px) Image search: [Google]
1479979470520.jpg
22KB, 240x237px
Daily reminder that Alola has no Victory Road.
>>
>>30644157
>Alola has no Gyms
>Whaa whaa my League should have a Victory Road like always
>>
Daily reminder that G/S/C Victory Road was basically nothing.
>>
>>30644157
Thank Christ. Victory Road is usually the worst area of the games for me.
>golbats everywhere since it's a cave
>barely any trainer rematches since the Vs Seeker doesn't work in caves
>the epitome of mandatory HM progression

Victory Road has always been a slog and nothing about its name gets me excited for the end. You can like it, but I was pleased it was gone in Gen VII.
>>
File: 1459451016009.jpg (38KB, 331x311px) Image search: [Google]
1459451016009.jpg
38KB, 331x311px
>implying Poni Canyon isn't SM's Victory Road

Still wished the actual VR would at least had a few trainers outside of Hau and Gladion, though. I expected a final (re)match with the Captains.
>>
>>30644157
>>30644205
>>30644363
>ITT: People pretend Vast Poni Canyon wasn't a thing
>>
Mechanical victory road when?
>>
>>30644400
>>30644455
No, Poni canyon was just an extra dungeon thats all. other games have at least few of those
>>
>>30644603
>Since it isn't specifically named victory road I won't recognize it as such!

Why should I give a shit if there isn't a dungeon named victory road? For all intents and purposes there was half an entire island acting as victory road
>>
>>30644675
Ok then lets compare numbers

Black and White 2 Victory road has 28 trainers and Hugh battle
X and Y Victory Road has 22 trainers and Serena/Calem battle
Vast Poni Canyon has 14 trainers and a Kommo-o battle
>>
>>30644729
>That cherry picking
You probably actually googled "victory road with the most trainers" How many trainers are in the victory roads of other pokemon games?

Not only that, but since when does it matter how many trainers are in victory road? What's your point?
>>
>>30644729
>Anon actually wants the end game to simply be a rock path with a shitload of trainers to grind through
>>
>>30644729
>muh battles
Small island less people. Try to think beyond you're autistic screeching and realize the game actually stepped past the norms. The league was just being made. There would't have been a victory road.
>>
>>30644778
>>30644803
>>30644812
Lets remove Pokemon battles shall we? Im sure the games will be even better
>>
>>30644859
You really are stupid. A victory road isn't removing battles. Balance is key. The amount of trainers can't outweigh the amount of space. If there had been 50 trainers on Poni Island you would be here bitching about how "there would be no way to support them all" story is always much better when it's accompanied by proper game set up.
>>
>>30644859
Jesus christ you're retarded anon

Literally nobody gives a shit but you. In fact I love the fact that there are less trainer battles and that they focused more on the story and the environment.

Victory road was the more tiresome grind of any place in all the pokemon games. You could literally know what would be in victory road before even playing the game

>Walk into cave
>Get mauled by golbats
>Wade through a hoard of trainers with level 50 pokes
>Maybe even a rival battle at the end of the cave

This is literally every victory road, and you wanted this? I'll take an entire island dedicated to exploration any day
>>
>>30644973
You forgot the Strength "puzzles" with random encounters while you push the stone around.
>>
>>30645015
I was actually just about to mention it, completely forgot.

Those fucking strength puzzles. That is one of my favorite things about this gen. I can actually have a team of my favorite pokes without needing to shit up 1-2 slots with HM slaves
>>
>>30644973
Wanting more fights in the area that leads you to the ultimate challenge of the game...is bad?

More story is good but if there's shitton of cutscenes like "lillie is smiling", "lillie tells you to go this way" etc acompanied by less fights than usual then yes: it sucks

You learn new things on /vp/ every day
>less post game is good
>less trainers to battle is good
>more pointless cutscenes that arent story is good

wew lads
>>
>>30644455
>Wanting to compare Vast Pony Canyon to a concept that's fell flat on its face for the past 20 years

Please, everything about that location is wonderful. Let's not pretend Victory Road's shitty, winding, ugly, uninspired, are-you-ready-for-pure-tedium cave systems compare in any capacity.
>>
>>30645047
Strength was actually a good move in gen 1 though 3/4 were pretty awful though

5 is best though
>>
Daily reminder that Johto has no League and Kanto had to share theirs just so both could be special together.
>>
>>30645094
Why make a second one when they're literally touching each other
>>
File: 1467738563467.jpg (25KB, 490x404px) Image search: [Google]
1467738563467.jpg
25KB, 490x404px
Reminder that Alola has no good dungeons.
>>
>>30645015
>Strength "puzzles" with random encounters
>What is repel
>What is super repel
>What is max. repel
Amirite?
>>
>>30645067
You said it yourself, black and white 2 alone has 28 trainers.

I like to battle but after the 10th trainer it gets monotonous. If you're autistic enough to wade through 28 trainer battles and actually enjoy the generic strength puzzles by all means, but as it would turn out not everybody enjoys that.
>>
>>30645123
Except they're not thanks to good little lake between Newbark and the Tohjo Falls entrance. Also, at least in my head, Johto's hypothetical own league wouldn't be anywhere near Kanto's.
>>
You know the VR really says a lot about each game

>Original
>Kanto part 2
>HM bullshit
>HM bullshit
>Inovative Puzzles
>So much fucking post game that you go back there and see apart of the first games
>Generic
>???
>>
>>30645138
No game after gen 3 does
>>
>>30644157
vast poni canyon turbonerd
>>
>>30645196
>Innovative puzzles
Anon, if you think pushing rocks in the right holes is somehow an innovative and challenging puzzle I actually feel bad for you.

I'm actually surprised that there are people autistic enough to actually defend the strength puzzles (if you can even call them puzzles)
>>
>>30644400
>>30644455
>its the only good dungeon in the game so its Victory Road

Vast Poni Canyon is just Whirl Islands. A dungeon that leads to a box legend and nothing more. Mount Lanakia was Victory Road and it sucked

>>30645073
You are REALLY overrating this place, for seemingly no reason. But that's the common defense of people who like SM. Conveniently, everything the game lacks was supposedly terrible all along. I like SM but come on
>>
>>30645241
I'm refering to the falling down the actual VR in BW anon

Literally the only games to do something like that
>>
Lanakila means victory. Mt Lanakila is this gen's Victory road, in both purpose and name.
>>
>>30645298
Ah, speaking of puzzles though when I was a kid those sliding puzzles in the unknown ruins gen II were interesting and a bit creepy with the music.
>>
>>30645241
>if you enjoyed something I didn't I feel bad for you
Well, thank you for your concern I suppose
>>
>>30645332
Those were great, I was very glad they returned in HGSS as they were only in Crystal which I did not play when I was younger, only silver
>>
>>30644157
This
Vast Poni Canyon is more like Spear Pillar than Victory Road
>>
Why are people calling Vast Poni Canyon Victory Road when it doesn't lead to the league? That is the only criteria for if its Victory Road and it fails.

Plus, like >>30645321 mentions, we literally have a place that fits the criteria.
>>
>>30645370
Shit, I meant Spear Pillar and the climb there ibstead of just Spear Pillar.
>>
>>30645395
Just say Mount Coronet.
>>
>>30645389
If poni island is what we get if a game doesn't have a victory road than I'm all for it, fuck victory road.

No more victory roads please, I still haven't explored all of poni island and I'm 90 hours in. Just started with the ultra beasts
>>
>>30644157
What is Victory road anyway anon? Is it much different from the path you've already walked

I haven't played the game and I'm trying to quote one of the trainers from a past game
>>
>>30645211
Sinnoh definitely had some good dungeons, and i still don't know how to navigate twist mountain
>>
>>30645437
It really wasn't all that special. It was just a normal quality dungeon in a game with too few of them.

Other games managed to give us good dungeons and then give us Victory Road. I don't know why Alola needs to be celebrated for giving us less.
>>
>>30644157
I'm happy that the League was in a unique location instead of just being in a super-dumb ornate castle alone on an island with nothing else but a Poke Center and a massive cave filled with traps.
>>
>>30645767
Indigo Plateau and Ever Grande City are unique locations
>>
>>30645727
>Alola gives us less
I am curious, how do you substantiate this?

Are you the arbiter and the deciding factor of whether or not a pokemon game has less or more? Whatever that even means.

Less of what exactly?
>>
>>30645918
>A unique location means it's better somehow
Ever grande city is literally a small flower patch with a pokemon center. I hate that dumbasses make me defend somebody who hates one of my favorite gens and places, but you're only fooling yourself if you're telling us that Ever Grande city has some sort of significance. What even was the purpose of it?

It's called "city" and yet there is no city, not even a town
>>
>>30646016
You're saying that if you get Vast Poni Canyon as a consolation for no Victory Road, that's good.

But other games (every other game actually) gave us Victory Road on top of several other expansive dungeons. There was never a choice for one of the other.

Now you're saying you're willing to give up something just for things that were always in the series. That the Canyon is a good trade off for VR when it was never a trade off before.

Unless you're saying Vast Poni Canyon is the best dungeon, we've ever had, which, I'm sure we all have our own opinions, but no.
>>
>>30646081
>if you battle wild Pokémon there in ORAS, the background is the same as in an actual city
rused
>>
>>30646081
What are you talking about? You said you liked that Mount Lanakila was a unique location and I'm just saying we've had others. No, it doesn't make it better, which is why I don't see why you liked that Alola was a unique location either, since it was the same thing in the end.
>>
>>30644729
>Gold and Silver Victory road has 0 trainers and 1 battle with your Rival
>>
>>30646153
I'm not that anon, I'm just an anon ranting about ever grande city and how we keep getting buttfucked out of cool locations.

Ever grande city's music is one of my favorite poke OSTs and yet you only listen to it in game for all of 15 seconds.
>>
>>30646173
That's the same as the Lanakila Road actually. Alola really is Johto 2.0
>>
>>30646173
Mount Lanakila (WHICH LITERALLY MEANS VICTORY) has 0 trainers and 1 battle with a character that's sorta your Rival.
>>
>>30646199
Oh, well that is indeed true. More buildings would have made it the most unique League location in the series. A league actually within a full city. And not just a ""city""
>>
>>30646116
Well anon I give up, I've sat here trying to decipher what you just said and the only thing I could make out was a vague strawman alluding somehow to the notion that I think Poni canyon is the best endgame dungeon. I never said it was the best, but I certainly think it's better than the endless trainer grinding that is victory road.

>Now you're saying you're willing to give up something just for things that were always in the series. That the Canyon is a good trade off for VR when it was never a trade off before.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but I can't understand half the points you're trying to make. It's english and yet makes no sense when read.
>>
>>30646497
But its not Victory Road. You say you are glad Poni Canyon exists instead of Victory Road but Victory Road did not need to disappear for Poni Canyon to exist, as the games have all had comparable dungeons on top of Victory Road. Not sure what is difficult to get out of that. Hell, I don't get what's hard to understand in my original comment.

>strawmeme
You can just throw that word at any argument. It was a one sentence speculators addition that came after my argument
>>
>>30646691
>It's not victory road
No fucking shit, why did I claim it was victory road? I specifically said fuck victory road. What part of I do not like victory road wasn't apparent? I am GLAD that there is no victory road.

>Victory Road did not need to disappear for Poni Canyon to exist
Was Poni canyon a replacement for victory road? Mt lanaka is this gen's victory road as far as I can tell from what the other anons are saying.

As for the strawman you should probably know what a logical fallacy is before you try to add meme onto random words. Going from "This anon doesn't like victory road and enjoys poni island" to "This anon must believe that poni island is better than VRs" is an actual strawman.

What is your point out of curiosity? That we should have both the island and victory road? Sure why the fuck not, but tell that to GF that needs to make deadlines and cut content or miss out on sales. If I had my choice between the two I choose the island, it's as simple as that
>>
>>30646931
I know what a straw man is, which is why I know throwing it at arguments for whatever reason is boring and not clever. No, me wondering what you were implying after I made my point wasn't me changing your argument. I already addressed your argument

As for the rest, "If poni island is what we get if a game doesn't have a victory road than I'm all for it, fuck victory road." was your comment and all I said was the game always gave us both. Again, I REALLY don't see what is there to not get here. But now we're talking in circles. At this point I got a reply I'm satisfied with so oh well I suppose.

Though since Poni Canyon feels no different than most Victory Roads, I don't see what you like about it so much compared to them.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.