[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you think about it, every generation has Game Freak trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: gengar1.png (103KB, 1280x930px) Image search: [Google]
gengar1.png
103KB, 1280x930px
If you think about it, every generation has Game Freak trying to appeal people that begin in RBY by touching on old and "classic" Pokemon and the further it goes, the more desperate it seems they try to mimic the sucess of Gen I

Gen II: Direct follow up, you can revist Kanto
Gen III: Remake of the Gen I games
Gen IV: Bunch of evolutions of old Pokemon
Gen V: Totally different Pokemon but that are very clearly counterpart of Kanto ones
Gen VI: Mega Evolutions, most of them for Kanto Pokemon
Gen VII: Alola Form, of which are all Kanto Pokemon
>>
>>30642766
>Gen III: Remake of the Gen I games
I don't see how making the other 184 other Pokemon at the time available is trying to mimic Gen I's success.
>>
>>30642766
It's not to mimic the success of Gen 1. It's to capture the older fans. No one wanted to play Gen 5 with its total cutoff from the earlier gens. It took B2W2 to remedy the situation and they even threw in PWT to make up for it.
>>
>>30642821
Also, in the BW post game all the Kanto Pokemon appear.
>>
2bh my only real problem with it is the crazy condensation of stuff that's exclusive to gen 1 mons. A ton of megas are gen 1, 100% of regional forms are gen 1, all exclusive Z-moves are gen 1 bar the starters', Tapu's, and Marshadow's, and a ton of split evos and baby forms for gen 1 mons. I just want them to share the love with other gens really, it would make the franchise feel more whole.
>>
>>30642807
fire red leaf green are gen 3 games
>>
>>30642821

This is why Genfivers are so butthurt about ANYTHING related to Kanto. They are the most cancerous part of the fanbase by far.
>>
>>30642854
If you can't catch it for your playthrough, what's the point?
>>
>>30642766
Most of the megas where Gen 3 mons, just count them and you'll see.
>>
>>30642923
To give yourself something to do afterward.
Also the whole point of BW was to be a totally self contained restart, remember?
>>
>>30643007
That restart was what didn't work and why they resumed connecting everything.
>>
>>30642875
Nice b8.
>>30643074
Nope. It worked amazingly.
>>
>>30642807
Many of Hoenn mons are copies of Kanto mons, basically the same elite four and even Brock in the first gym.
>>
>>30643091
how to out yourself as a unovabortion in one post
>>
>>30642766
>Gen 8 Includes a playable copy of Red and Blue
>>
>>30643125

>you play it on the Nintendo Switch in your room
>>
>>30642766
Grasping for straws: the post.

Gen 2: Pokemon isn't a "regional" or "generational" formulaic game at this point in time. It is literally just Pokemon. And GS was a sequel game that was originally planned to be named Pokemon 2. Of course they would let you revisit the old characters from the first game; it's not pandering.

Gen 3: Remakes were a method to catch a lot of pokemon unavailable due to non-connectivity between the old games, not to mention the two other generations which have had remakes since

4:
>Let's ignore that over half of the evolutions weren't for Kanto pokemon

5:
>Literally the furthest thing from fitting my argument, so I'm going to pretend it does

6: The largest amount of megas are from gen 3

7: Nice job buddy, you got one!

Faggot
>>
>>30642866
"You'll buy it anyways."
>>
Gen. 5 pandered to Kanto in a different way.
>>
>>30643257
This
>>
>>30643257
>6: The largest amount of megas are from gen 3
Technically that's only true of the remakes. In XY Kanto had 10 megas (12 if you count Charizard/Mewtwo X and Y separately) vs. Hoenn's 8.
>>
>>30643794
>games made during Gen VI
>they somehow don't count as Gen VI
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.