[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why. Was. This. Removed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0330.png (4KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0330.png
4KB, 256x192px
Why. Was. This. Removed?
>>
Game Freak has a dart board in the office that consist of good features the games have had.

If they hit with it a dart, they remove it from the game.
>>
I don't want that shit back. stupid Unova babies
>>
>>30639801
>implying they'd jew out for a dart board and some darts
Nah, they just flip a coin and if heads they remove the feature.
>>
>>30639801
It wasn't even a good feature. Who in their right minds puts the difficulty modes at the end of the game?
>>
>>30639810
Unovabortions you idiot
>>
>>30639744
To make more time to think of ideas that will appeal to faggot genwunners.
>>
>>30639744
It wasn't. Turning off Exp Share is literally challenge mode.
>>
>>30639818
It is Jay the Intern's dartboard.
>>
>>30639845

"Easy Mode decreases the opponents' artificial intelligence and the level of their Pokémon. As such, battles become easier. This mode is unlocked after defeating the Champion in Pokémon White 2.
Challenge Mode increases some opponents' artificial intelligence and the level of their Pokémon, starting from 1 level and reaching 5 levels by the end of the game. Gym Leaders and Elite Four members will also have an extra Pokémon on their team, as well as different movesets and held items. Their IVs are also increased to 30. This mode is unlocked after defeating the Champion in Pokémon Black 2."

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Key_System#Difficulty
>>
>>30639845
Literally came to say this.
>>
>>30639744
>needing to beat the game to unlock a basic feature
Nah
>>
>>30639744
The real question would be "why was that only a postgame thing ?".
Challenge mode I can understand, but it's completely moronic to unlock an easy mode after beating the regular one.
>>
>>30639744
It's implementation was really shitty, wasn't it?
>>
>>30639879

>wanting a feature removed because you don't feel like working hard to get it

You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>30639818
>using precious shekels for anything other than hoarding
They abduct kids off the street and make them point at an incomplete game, then remove whatever the kid is pointing at when the crying starts.
>>
>>30639902
That's not the problem. The problem is you had to restart your game if you actually wanted to play that challenge mode, or you had to already have received those keys from someone else. The way these difficulty modes were implemented was fundamentally retarded.
>>
File: pach.png (304KB, 347x363px) Image search: [Google]
pach.png
304KB, 347x363px
>start new game on challenge mode
>game can't save because forgot to delete old save data
>delete old save data
>challenge mode no longer available

How did they fuck up this feature so hard? It's basically useless unless you marathon the game or just want the postgame to be harder.
>>
>>30639822
The feature was good, the way it was implemented wasn't.
>>
Forget the difficulty modes, the memory link is the feature I want to see back. There are so much they could do to expand on it, like allowing a previous protagonist to reappear with the look and team you used after last completing the hall of fame, and even trigger some new events based on your actions in the last game like seeing Kiawe in Sun could trigger an event in stars where yo use him achieve his dream or something.
>>
>>30640917
Is this serious?

This is the most stupid implementation of a simple feature I've ever seen.

And people call BW2 the best Pokemon games.
>>
>>30641040
A best game can have flaws. You say that like every Pokemon game doesn't have flaws.
>>
>>30641040
I mean, if you have a friend with B2 it's fine
>>
>>30639845
No, turning exp share off is grind mode and your main would still be overleveled against elite 4.
>>
>>30641039
I need this so bad, too bad we arent getting it
>>
>>30640917
>not playing on emulator in year of Trump
>>
It wasn't, now it's called Exp. Share.
>>
>>30639845
stop this meme already
>>
>>30639845
>le exp share makes the game easy xD
It just saves you the chore of switching the whole team to maximize exp, kill yourself. What makes the new games easy is a retard proof level design and the lack of resources management.
>>
>>30639845
No, it just makes you grind harder
>>
>>30639744
Oh yeah, I want to beat the entire game first and be forced to restart to play it again, but harder.

Gen 5 was shit, fuck you
>>
>>30639845
I didn't know turning off Exp Share makes important trainers have more pokemon.
>>
>>30639845
Unfortunately you get retards that rush through the story mode with their starter and exp share on and say the games are easy now. I've watched videos where people are 10+ levels ahead of Lusamine.

Guess what, if you notice your pokemon are all 5+ levels ahead of the enemy, turn the fucking exp share off for a bit. You can turn it on later. It's not that hard and you won't need to grind if you don't want to and still want a challenge. You don't have to play with it only on or off. There's a fucking switch, use it.

Exp share off is extremely fine in this game since you get much more experience fighting higher level enemies. You'll only be 5+ outleveled for the elite 4.

I actually was catching pokemon/filling the pokedex and had to switch out my team some times since I was leveling too fast even without the exp share.
>>
File: 1326579071389.png (195KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
1326579071389.png
195KB, 450x337px
>>30639869
>Hey, lets add a difficulty level option
>not available until you beat the game
>one on each version
>>
>>30639869
>>30639875
>>30641147
>>30642006
>>30642308
>>30642621
>>30642647
>>30643184
Hey, you have autism. Please kill yourself.
>>
What exactly was more difficult with the added extra Pokemon and Sitrus Berry on the ace? I was drowning in experience points I never need to grind, the "hardest" mode was even easier than the lower difficulties.
>>
>>30639744
Gen V was basically a soft reboot meant for long time fans. Hence the large Pokedex, only having access to those Pokemon in BW, having direct sequels like Gold/Silver rather than something unrelated, plot that focuses on the morality of capturing and training Pokemon, etc.

They did this because they knew that as time was passing this would probably be the last chance to appeal to that crowd before they got too old and, more importantly, the playerbase got flooded with tons of children who needed to be appealed to in a totally different way. Kids don't care about difficulty. If anything it can be a deterrent when not done carefully. This is also the reason there have been less new Pokemon added in the last two Gens. For children that are new to the series and those who haven't been around from the start, the new Pokemon would be just as foreign as the old Pokemon. So instead there's a focus on making the older ones relevant while still introducing new ones, but at a slower rate than before.

tl;dr Game Freak added it and took it away because they're aware of changing demographics. And also because they're lazy and didn't wanna add it again to later games.
>>
>>30639744
Exp. Share and Refresh make for a more fluid method of tweaking difficulty
>>
>>30639801
Speaking of which, does SM have a manual EV growing method? I really liked XY's.
>>
File: 1412101830813.png (267KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1412101830813.png
267KB, 480x480px
>>30644520
hey, buddy, you keep moving the goalpost, I see
>>
>>30644520

>bullying people with disabilities

how do you live with yourself?
>>
File: 402907-shadow_dash.png (189KB, 520x640px) Image search: [Google]
402907-shadow_dash.png
189KB, 520x640px
>>30645279
4chan is his life support.
>>
>>30642308
What makes the game easy is that retarded people like (you) turn on the exp share and purposefully use overleveled pokemon. Kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>30639926
If you restarted your game your 'Key' would be removed and you still couldn't play on Challenge Mode.

Basically. GF is Retarded for not making this something ALWAYS available.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.