[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to replay sun and moon but make it harder however I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1480558522283.jpg (427KB, 850x886px) Image search: [Google]
1480558522283.jpg
427KB, 850x886px
I want to replay sun and moon but make it harder however I'm not sure what the best way to do it is.

Just turning off XP Share doesn't really make it any harder unless you deliberately use a bunch of pokemon instead of just leveling only one thing way too high and I'd prefer to have a few easily understood and stated rules to follow rather then having one rule + a bunch of >oh yeah and don't cheat

My current thought is required fights only with xp share on; catching stuff would be done with a specific catch guy with xp share off so you don't get any extra. I dunno how it'd work out XP wise (or what all is avoidable even) but it might be interesting or maybe the xp wouldn't be enough.

Ideally I'd like it to force me to change my team to meet challenges and utilize stuff like status or weather or something besides just speed+power+coverage
>>
Here's my set of rules for a semilocke challenge

1. No EXP share.
2. If a pokemon faints, box it forever.
3. No catching more than one of each species of pokemon.
4. No using the 'X Stat' battle items.

If you wanna penalise grinding for exp, make it a rule that you have to beat the game in under 60 hours.
>>
Party of six since the beginning
Exp share permanently off
Totem pokemon were ALWAYS without exclusions 1lvl up
Wild pokemon when entering a new island always overleveled so you don't have to worry about catching new underleveled ones to Train

Battled every single trainer and caught every pokemon
Kukui still posed a challenge with 8 to 10 levels up me depending on pokes

Seriously is this so hard for you? Why the fuck would you EVER turn the expshare on?
>>
>>30638477
I use shitmons with fun gimmick moves, shift off, no item use allowed in battle
>>
>>30638658
Gimmick shitmon is great, in my recent hgss run I raised a Ledian and an annoyer exeggcutor and won against lance with 10+ over leveled dragonites

I use items though, maybe restrict to 3 or six revives and pots?
>>
>>30638690
If I lose I just wipeout and comeback with a strategy. The AI is pretty dumb anyways.

If I'm way behind in levels because I forgot to battle trainers for some reason, I turn on Exp share for a little and grind.
>>
If you don't use your starter and turn off EXP share, the game is plenty difficult.

I've noticed a lot of people who say they had an easy time with totems mention their starter doing all the heavy lifting. I boxed my Dartix after the 2nd trial and the challenge came in immediately after.
>>
Exp. Share off, don't grind against wild Pokemon. It's as simple as that if you want a challenge.
>>
>>30638477
Nuzlocke

>>30638641
In Alpha Saphirre, I tried an experiment. I used the EXP. Share, but rotated out my team as it hit the levels of gym leaders for the next area.

I had a party that was 23 members strong, all strong enough to take on the league. Wound up soloing it with one underlevelled Hitmonchan who gave zero fucks about anything.
>>
>>30638477
>Babby mode hard mode
>Box your starter
>Battlemode: Set.
>EXP. Share off
>Do not actively seek out random encounters. If you must get something, either GTS it, or make one or two exceptions.
>Do not use the cover legends. If you must have a legendary for reasons, Zygarde is your cover legendary
>Do not stall, and swap your entire team in on a totem pokemon. Remember you turned EXP. Share OFF for a reason
>Do not use revives in-battle.
>Limit yourself to one or two recovery items per battle. They do it to, so it's fair.
>No X. Stat items, those are broken as fuck now
>>
>>30638477
Right now I'm running with the simple rule of my party can only consist of my starter and one pokemon per island I've been to (not counting Aether Paradise).

So I only have two pokemon max on the first island, I can pick up one more on the second, etc etc.

Exp Share off and avoiding unnecessary battles means I haven't been overlevelled (though I think that might change around the 3rd/4th island), and it has the happy side benefit of meaning you end up with more or less the same team size as most of the important people you fight; Hau, Gladion, the captains (when you battle them after their trials), which makes it feel a lot more even. It also should feel more balanced going through the E4 and fighting challengers as the champ though I might pick up the box legendary just because Nebby, though I'd have it as a mascot more than a battler.
>>
>>30638477
who's Mizuki? dont tell me its that one weird anon who kept posting their ing character and saying retarded shit afew days ago.
>>
>>30640478
I think it's what she's being called/tagged by jp artists
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.