[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qddt/ Questions that don't deserve their own thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 20

File: porygonz.gif (50KB, 70x68px) Image search: [Google]
porygonz.gif
50KB, 70x68px
I'll start.

>Does a Pokèmon's Hidden Power typing change when you hyper train that Pokèmon?

I got a HP ground Porygon-Z with 404/405 max Sp. Attack EVs and 30 Sp. Attack IVs and I'm scared to hyper train it up because I need HP ground

Yes, that one percentile bothers me to death
>>
Best way to grind friendship?
>>
>>30632125
No, HP stays the same. Hyper Training augments the Pokemon's battle stats to what they would be if they were perfect, but the IVs themselves are technically unchanged.
>>
>>30632125
No, it doesn't change Hidden Power, just the stats themselves. The perfect IVs won't even pass down through breeding
>>
>>30632125
no
>>30632144
walk around. soothe bell. massages in Olivia's town
>>
>>30632144
I farmed a couple hundred friendship raising berries just for that. It's easily the fastest way, takes less than a minute if you have them on hand.

If you don't have the kind of time to grow a fuckton of berries, just spin in the Autism Box for a half hour while your Pokemon holds a soothe bell.
>>
How do the clothes stores work? Is it like XY where they have different shit based on the day? Or if I buy everything in a store, I literally bought everything and I'd never have to go back to check?
>>
>>30632144
force feed ev berries of a stat you dont care about, 25 berries at the most will max happiness
>>
Where's the best spot to earn cash? I beat the E4, all level 51-53. Can't grind the E4 yet.
>>
two questions people

I am new to breeding

I have 12 slowpokes with 4 perfect IVs and 3 dittos with 4 perfect IVs.
I cant seem to get slowpokes with 5 or 6 perfect IVs from slowpokes or slowpokes or dittos with 4 perfect IVs,

I use a destiny knot in one, and an everstone in the other to make sure the egg will be the right nature.

Is it possible to use 2 destiny knots? a destiny knot in the male, and another in the female?
>>
>>30632481

Everything is available upfront.

Have fun spending 4m+ at that one store in the mall which sells "business casual"
>>
>>30632804
Destiny knots don't stack.

Also the 5 IVs passed down can be the same IV, but the baby gets the highest one.

So if your ditto has 30 HP IV, and X has 29 HP IV, and if RNGod decides that your 1/5 of your destiny knot is HP from both parents then that counts as one. The best you can hope for is passing on 5 perfect IVs and the last one is still luck.
>>
>>30632864
Thank fuck for Hyper Training
>>
File: avatar_6d5eb6eac239_128.png (43KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
43KB, 128x128px
Can you get perfect IVs by feeding a Pokemon things like calcium and iron? Will those IVs be breedable?
>>
Is Battle Tree multiplayer local wireless only?
>>
>>30632864

ok
Ill keep trying then
>>
>>30632937

Just wait until the ditto bot goes live. Perfect IVs and destiny knot. The guy turns it on like once a day and makes a thread.
>>
>>30632961
Make sure to swap out the parent with the baby if the baby gets better IVs so that you can continually improve your IV yield.

>>30632950

Those items boost EVs, not IVs. You can only change IVs with bottle caps at level 100. EVs are not passed via breeding
>>
>>30632999
Where does one get bottle caps?
>I sold all mine like a tard because i thought they were throwaway items like pearls
>>
>>30633094

Battle tree throws them at you if you get to certain levels but you as a consolation prize.

Also the fun house at festival plaza. I've heard you can get them from the lotto there too.

Also from the Rare treasure hunting option in Isle Aphun in Pokepolego.

Fishing

You get one free one by obtaining Magearna via the QR event

There's probably more places I'm forgetting but I have like 17 from all those.
>>
>>30632812
Nice, thanks.

Yeah, that's gonna fucking suck. There are 4 shops, the mall, and then the table at the community center.
I think that's all of the places to get clothes?

Only got the mall and Malie to go.
>>
Does sending out bean bottles actually affect anything?
>>
>>30633275

Skull shirt in po town. Maybe some other random places which sell like 1 clothing item
>>
>>30633298
Yes, you lose 7 beans and some random guy you don't know gets them for free.

Pro tip: Nobody actually sends out bean bottles because it's a pure net loss.
>>
>>30633275
There's also a lady who sells headbands in the Agrabah market looking place.
>>
Two questions about SOS chaining bonuses.
When a benefit like egg moves, IVs, or hidden abilities comes at a certain number in a chain, is hat based on total number or depth?
I.E., chaining Corsola, and Corsola #4 calls for Corsola #5, and I knock out #5 instead of #4. Does #4 then call for #6, or does it call for #5 again, and only #5 can call for #6?
If it's the former, does only the base pokemon count?
I.E. Corsola #8 calls for Mareanie, if I KO Mareanie does Corsola #8 call for Corsola #10?
>>
File: 200px-Castform_PMRS[1].png (38KB, 200x269px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Castform_PMRS[1].png
38KB, 200x269px
Is there some kind of trick to getting Castform to show up in the rain?

I've been trying forever and got a fuckton of Goomy's outside Po Town, and even got Politoed in Maile Garden, but still no Castform.

I'm doing the full regional dex for once, and I need the little fuck.
>>
>>30633326
Word got that.

>>30633363
Is that a female only?
>>
>>30633595
Hold up what? I thought only the original Pokemon in the chain could call up the chain? And if you knocked it out but kept one of its SOS's the chain started all over again?? I.E.

>Rattatta #1
>calls Rat #2
>kill Rat #2, so #1 calls in #3
>kill Rat #3, #1 calls in #4, etc
>kill Rat #1
>Rat #4 summons Rat #2
>>
>>30633845
Don't know? If you're male go down to the stone shop and report back.
>>
>>30633753
I can give you a Castform. Just stick something on the GTS and ask for a lvl 1 Castform. Also, name it Bill so I know it's you.
>>
>>30633939
Eh, sure, tired of trying to grind rain chains.

Put up one of my leftover 5IV female Salandits. Its called Bill.
>>
how do I breed a pokemon with egg moves from 2 different pokemon

for example an Alolan Meowth with Parting Shot from a Pancham, and Foul Play from Sandile
>>
Guys I'm at the mall quick should I buy Sun or Moon and why?
>>
>>30634113
I don't see yours on there. Maybe you got sniped? I guess in that case you're already covered.
>>
>>30634113
>Leftover 5IV female Salandits
Got one with a Sp.Atk beneficial nature?
>>
File: 1302371530489.png (61KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1302371530489.png
61KB, 300x300px
What natures for guzzlord, necrozoma, and the tapus? They're the only mons I need to catch, my autism demands that I make them good.
>>
>>30634159
In Persian's case use Smeargle
>>
>>30634159
Female Meowth + Male Pangoro = Parting Shot Meowth
Breed those until you get a female one.

Female Meowth (Parting Shot) + Male Sandile = Meowth (Parting Shot and Foul Play)
>>
>>30634193

I bought Sun but Moon has better Ultra Beasts.
>>
>been in same sos battle for about 30 hours
>ds on standby while at work/sleeping
>still can't find shiny cutiefly
>refuse to give up after this long a chain
How should I kill myself?
>>
>>30634216
Nah, it was still there.

Maybe it won't show up from me just typing in the name?
I literally haven't seen a Castform in the game so far, so it wasn't in the normal list. But I thought it'd still be there if I typed it in for the want.

>>30634216
Unfortunately, no.
All the leftovers had good IVs, but none had the right nature.
For some reason, most of them have Sp. Def beneficial natures.
>>
>>30633346
Oh really?
I've been doing every day because
>lol 7 beans
and I always get at least two bottles back.
>>
>>30634389
How about calm?
>>
>>30634389
You finally showed up on my list. Sending now. Enjoy.
>>
>>30634193
Sun has the warm clothes colors. + pink. Moon has the cool ones.

Lion or Bat

Spot Me Skeeter and origami man or cockroach and rocket waifu

Vulpix or Coldsteel the Hedgehog

Turtle or dragon

Day during the day or night during the day
>>
>>30634486
Doubt you'd want em. I got one Calm, but it's 5IV (lacking Defense) and male.

>>30634488
Thanks, got it.
>>
What's the best nature for Lunala?

I know it just comes down to Timid or Modest but i wondered if anyone had any experience with either
>>
So how DOES sos chaining work? Do you have to KO the older or newer Pokemon on the field?
>>
>>30633926
I'm male, looking for the shop, where is it? I'm in Konikoni.
>>
File: shap.png (232KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
shap.png
232KB, 400x240px
>>30635114
This'n. Lady in white on the right side of the counter.
>>
this is a really dumb question, but i'll ask anyway. I just trained up a pokemons EVs in poke pelago to the max. what do i have to do to make that stat change apply? do I need to level the pokemon up, or is it just automagic? does it matter if it gains the level from rare candy or regular battle?

This is the first time I have really messed with EVs. I have no idea what I am doing.
>>
So I'm SRing Xurkitree right now, I'm assuming I'm shooting for Modest?
>>
>>30635186
Xurkitree already hits so hard that modest probably isnt needed, especially with tail glow. I would aim for Timid.
>>
Is there a way battle people online in battle spot with a team of 6 instead of 3? It's very annoying.
>>
>>30635234
Challenge random people manually, instead of queuing up for battle spot.
>>
>>30635214
Sounds groovy, thanks!
>>
>>30635152
I know the store, I meant where inside.

On the left (on the carpet) there are 3 people that do nothing. Dude in blue, female office worker, and a lass.
On the right (hard wood floor) there's a Probopass floating, and then behind the counter is an old lady who sells you fossils and a girl in a red apron who sells 4 evolution stones.
Upstairs is Olivia with her vibrating stuffed toys.

Sounds like this girl is missing.
>>
How do I consistently get gold bottle caps?
>>
Which is the best option for getting Bottle Caps on Isle Aphun: shards path (then turn the shards into bottle caps), treasure path, or interesting item path?
>>
Why the hell was the DexNav done away with?

I'm not talking about the target-searching feature, or the whole potential / hidden ability / etc display. I mean the feature that let us see if we were missing Pokemon in a Route or not, without having to look online.

Seriously. All I needed to do was glance at the bottom screen to see. It was so fucking simple.
>>
>>30635451
Go home James.
>>
How do I battle Cynthia in the battle tree?
>>
>>30635703
Heh, I needed that chuckle. But for real, though. I have in-game bros with good natures but mediocre IVs and I want to use them online
>>
>>30632125
If i breed Minior, if it can even breed, will I get a random color of it or will it always be the same one?
I'm looking for getting a shiny
>>
Do the EV training bands only work if your pokemon is the one fighting, or do they also for pokemon through exp share?
>>
>>30636420
any exp gained = evs ganied
>>
>>30635880
rng in super singles on 10, 20, 30, etc not 50

if you have a save data manager you can back up your save, roll and see who you get, then restore the backup and delete the secure value to try again repeatedly
>>
>>30636440
yeah, but I mean stuff like power weight, power band, power lens and such. I probably didn't express myself right, I thought those were all called "something band" until I checked
>>
>>30635968
i dont remember but shinies behave like normal. every minior has a color and can also have the shiny flag or not, as usual. the pokedex will tell you that you have a red shiny minior or something but it looks the same as a blue shiny
>>
In the Demo, there was a route to Ten Carat Hill, where you could fight 3 trainers, use the Pokefinder to take a photo of Alolan Dugtrio and play the Pokemon catching mini-game. Does that appear anywhere in the final retail version of the game?
>>
Is there any way to know if a newly hatched Pokemon has any perfect IVs by just looking at it or do I have to go to the battle dome guy?
>>
I need good items that cost BP, but in order to get those BP I need my good items. how the hell do I grind BP fast
>>
>>30636559
As someone who has 2 shiny miniors of different color, I can add that breeding will work as you would expect. The colors won't be random and will be of the parent minior that is bred with the ditto. Each color can have a shiny, all which are black, but the sprites will be of the parent. In my case, I have a Shiny Orange and Shiny Dark Blue/Indigo Minior, both which are black in their 3D models, but retain their sprite colors.
>>
>>30636880
use tapus and UBs
>>
>>30636539
Power items 'proc' every time you get experience. They do work with exp share.
>>
>>30636946
Battle Tree or Battle Royal?
>>
Is there a specific time or circumstances under which it rains in Malie Garden or is it just at random?
I'm at night and wanted to see if I could SOS chain a Politoed or even a fucking Castform, but I don't know how reliable it would be to go with Drizzle + Rain Dance Pelipper.
>>
>>30636980
battle tree, it gives 1 BP per battle as opposed to the royal's 2 BP per battle, but its much quicker and it successive so you dont have to select pokemon and go through that whole ordeal every time you're done.
>>
Is there a way to obtain the Passionate Battle Style through PKHeX?
>>
>>30636853

once you have gone to the battle tree guy the option is available at the PC 5 steps away from the breeding lady so
>>
>>30637052

There are options to set your battle tree streaks, set one of your current streaks to 50 then go and end that streak and they should reward with passionate as a reward
>>
>>30632714
If you've made it to the battle tree area, you can go down a couple maps to the poni coast and break the rocks with tauros. It'll often drop comet shards, star pieces and stardust. It's way faster than E4 if you're going for money.
>>
>>30634488
>>30634614
Fun bit of bullshit.

After getting Castform and trading around some shit, I realized I still had to get Gabite.

A wild Castform showed up before the Gabite did. Pretty fast too, like 3rd in the chain or something.
Killed it and got the Gabite like 10 Trapinchs later.
>>
>>30637093
Have you tried this before?
>>
Does the sun in the desert count as Weather for Weather SOS?
>>
>>30637274
Yes.
>>
I found olivia in her house during post-game.

But I can't seem to find Acerolla anywhere, is she around somewhere?
>>
>>30633346
I always send them out and get one back on ever isle, weird.
>>
What's a nigga gotta do for a Celesteela and Tapu Koko giveaway?
>>
File: 1469098756472.jpg (38KB, 750x718px) Image search: [Google]
1469098756472.jpg
38KB, 750x718px
Pokemon S/M
Is there any way to check what ability a wild pokemon has other than trace? Trying to get these hidden ability pokemon are a pain in my ass. Even then Trace is only on porygon who isn't available until the 3rd island.
About how many chains do you typically have to do before one shows up?
>>
>>30637410
Theres a move that lets you swap abilities.
>>
I have a timid megaerna, which stat should i EV along with Satk?
>>
>>30634315
Just breed one, guaranteed Nature and delicious egg moves
>>
Is it true fainted synchro leads don't give the chance of syncing the desired nature anymore?
>>
>>30637745
They absolutely still do. I caught all my UBs and Tapus with dead Abra leads.
>>
>>30637758
Must just be bad luck then for me.
>>
>>30637676
Speed, and def with the extra 4
>>
File: 1474780271116.png (287KB, 640x548px) Image search: [Google]
1474780271116.png
287KB, 640x548px
How should I cheese the Battle Tree

So far all I'm drawing is a Life orb Chomp, everything else is drawing a blank. What can I use with him?
>>
>>30632144
Teaching the same two TMs over and over while holding a soothe bell
Ignore the trolls, this will save you a ton of time
>>
>>30637878
I tried that and my Riolu was nowhere near close to evolving after 15 minutes. If you have the berries to burn, and you should with how easy it is to grow them, berry feeding is absolutely the way to go.
>>
how do I find people around me to trade with like physically if I go to my college campus
>>
>>30637810
Mimikyu or Golisopod work well as a compliment, then maybe a stall/tauntmon to deal with all the stockpile/rest shitters.
>>
File: 121004-kanye-west.jpg (257KB, 820x546px) Image search: [Google]
121004-kanye-west.jpg
257KB, 820x546px
What the fuck is "OU" and all those other abbreviations people use for competitive battling? I never bothered with online battles or EV training but I know the basics except these abbreviations.
>>
>>30637976
Smogon's OverUsed tier of competitive battling. It's for Pokemon that are fantastic in the competitive scene but not quite broken enough to get banned into Ubers, which is where box legends and such go.
>>
Does Cursed Body only work against moves that make contact with the opponent?

>>30637940
Quick Link, hope someone is doing the same.

>>30637810
Golisopod/Megamence/Kartana got me to 50 Super Singles.
>>
>>30637410
Skill Swap on Sylveon at level 25
Worry Seed technically works too, as it supposedly displays the original ability before it is changed to Insomnia, but obviously counteracts using Spore if you want to catch something.

I haven't double checked Gastro Acid.
>>
>>30637976
Google "Smogon Tiers"
>>
File: 1480723671567.png (11KB, 237x274px) Image search: [Google]
1480723671567.png
11KB, 237x274px
When the fuck does munchlax evolve? I've been feeding him and petting his aas for hours now and he won't evolve at all. Does the TM trick work? Because I've been trying that out of desperation for the last 20 minutes.
>>
>>30633901

No, Rattatta #4 summons Rattatta #5. Same family counts, so If #5 calls a Raticate that means you're at #6. Every new pokemon of the same family adds to the chain.
>>
Breeding for the first time.
Trying to breed an alolan vulpix with the move Freeze-Dry and the hidden ability Snow warning.
Is this possible? Because I've been able to get one or the other but never both.
>>
>>30638224
>I've been feeding him and petting his aas for hours now and he won't evolve at all.
That's affection, not happiness.
They're kind of vague about what the difference is in S/M, and maybe even since X/Y, but they are different stats.

They should reframe the difference between the two in the games, as they're both described in-game as the Pokemon's feelings towards the trainer, when it could be much clearer if they retcon it to be Happiness is whether the Pokemon feels fulfilled in life, and Affection is how much the Pokemon likes you as a trainer.
>>
>>30638285
What are you doing? Should be simple enough.

Get a female Vulpix with Snow Warning and breed it with a male Delibird with Freeze Dry. Snow Warning won't be 100% pass down chance, but Freeze Dry should be. Once a single Vulpix has both Freeze Dry and HA you can freely breed it with whatever it takes to increase IVs.
>>
>>30637976

Usage tiers from Smogon. They make unofficial rules for battling to make their online competitions more structured. The tiers are as follows:

Ubers - top tier
OU - Over Used
UU- Under Used
RU - Rarely Used
PU - It's a shortened term for puteo, which is Latin for 'to stink, be redolent, or smell bad. (Pee-Yoo!)
>>
>>30638342
Oh does the female need to have the hidden ability? That might explain it. Thanks.
>>
>>30638317
So then how can I raise his happiness?
>>
>>30638412
yes
>>
>>30638412
Males can pass HA with Ditto, but that's it.
>>
>>30638426
Battle, put soothe bell on him, keep him in hot baths on the island thing, give him messages from that one city, ETC.
>>
>>30638426
If you have access to EV-reducing berries, cram them down his throat, you'll know his happiness is maxed once you can't feed him anymore. Otherwise give him a sooth bell and run around on Taurus inside the box in front of the nursery for a few minutes.
>>
>>30638426
Having the Pokemon on your team, using items on it, winning battles with it, holding a soothe bell, sending it on a "relaxing" activity, like the hot springs on Poke Pelago or a massage parlor.

Possibly the TM trick too, but I don't know.
>>
>>30637398
If I ever get my lazy ass up to install my powersaves I'll do one but apathy is a good friend right now.
>>
So I have 2 of the same mons
One has perfect IVs in Defence, the other does not (Like 25 or something)
They are both level 50.
No EV training done.
The one with the lower IV has HIGHER def stat.

How?
>>
does the effects of hyper training drop when the pokemon is traded?
>>
>>30638642
They are both neutral in def btw, Timid and Modest.
>>
>>30632125
How in the bloody ass of satan do I get Friendly Cafe? I've been talking to all these god damned players for straight three hours but no one has it on their plaza.
>>
>>30638642
whats the actual pokemon? cause the only reason now is a form.
>>
>>30638642
Did you really check the EV in the summary? Sorry if sounds silly but you never know in this thread. Also give specifics, what mons and what are the exact stats?
>>
>>30638704
Salazzle.
Though one is traded.
I was thinking maybe items like Iron were used on it.
Or maybe the points only come together at level 100
I can't be assed to train both though
>>
Is Ledybot still up?
I really want to start mass-breeding and want that Ditto
>>
>>30638721
yep, ev trained.
>>
>>30638726
I'll inject one for you.
Put up a relatively rare Pokemon on the GTS.
>>
can you increase the chances of a shiny hatching if one of the parents is shiny? if so can you stack the Masuda method on top of it?
>>
>>30638745
No.
>>
>>30638745
no
>>
>>30638731
It was, but it has no EV right now lol.
They used berries on it
I'll post pics in a sec.
>>
>>30638738
Put up a spare Litten I had
OT: Mango
Looking for lvl 91+ Ditto
I want to fill my Pokedex

Cheers!
>>
>>30638680
Why would anyone keep a friendship cafe? It does nothing that EV reducing berries don't do better.
>>
What ability should I give my Jangmo-o? I'm actually having a hard time figuring out which would be best for this guy, all seem pretty decent.
>>
>>30638763
say what you want. its been ev trained. a stat is comprised of base, ev and iv. since base is the same, we can cancel that which leaves ev and iv. now iv will never change so that leaves ev. so if the lower iv has higher stat, then by simple arithmatic, the ev of the pokemon with lower iv has been ev trained. are you sure berries was used?
>>
>>30638783
I don't have EV reducing berries.I need Tamato to be exact.
>>
is 252 attack 252 speed and 4 health good for a mimikyu? Or should I put it on Sdef
>>
>>30632125
Anyone where to find a rip of Sun and Moon's story text?
>>
Overcoat > Bulletproof > Soundproof
They're all shit desu.

For inagame Bulletproff is probably better.
>>
File: 1319556474286.jpg (92KB, 694x642px) Image search: [Google]
1319556474286.jpg
92KB, 694x642px
>>30638779
Anon, starters are extremely common on the GTS.
I couldn't find yours.
Hopefully someone else sent your Ditto.

it's like i'm in /ekx/
>>
>>30638804
forgot nature but we can forget that too since it is neutral on both pokemon.
>>
>>30638661
any one have any experience with this?
>>
>>30638824
And how do I get Overcoat? Just SOS until I find one with it?
>>
>>30638809
You can collect them on route 10 or if you're lucky get a sample at the thrifty megamart, then you should plant them at the pelago, I wouldn't advise spending time looking for a cafe that will be ineffective in the long run.
>>
>>30638804
I was sure it wasn't EV trained.
It was.
I'll go kill myself now.
Anyway, thanks...
>>
>>30637878
bullshit
I did that on a meowth for 40 goddamn minutes and its happiness didnt go up at all

>>30632144
get a soothe bell duh, get a massage, and fuckin spin that goddamn tauros
maybe hatch some eggs while you're at it
>>
Should I even bother breeding a Muk before Pursuit is available?
>>
File: 1470772792625.jpg (45KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470772792625.jpg
45KB, 960x720px
Is it possible to get a vital spirit Magby in Sun?
>>
>>30638881
Sure, why not?
>>
>>30638865
Aight,got one from Megamart and planted it on pelago.Is changing the 3ds clock pass the wait time for berry to grow?
>>
>>30638901
I didn't try it myself but supposedly, changing the clock will lock out certain functionalities for a while, I'd assume that includes pelago.
>>
>>30638927
Ugh,guess I'll have to wait patiently.Thanks for the replies anon.
>>
Right now I've got an araquanid, incineroar, mimikyu, raichu, minior, and tsareena
I kind of want to use my muk again. Would switching out tsareena for muk fuck over my team composition?
>>
>>30638941
Don't forget to feed beans to your poke-slaves to cut down the time in two.
>>
>>30638827
Shit, I guess that makes sense
I was thinking of tossing a Stufful or anther 5% mon, but those are probably common by virtue of being rare

I stuck a Butterfree up because who the hell trades those
OT: Mango
I want to fill my Pokedex

If it doesn't work, I'll l give up and try another day. Thanks!
>>
>>30638959
Done.
Enjoy spinning Tauroses.
>>
File: 1480198234173.gif (2MB, 560x430px) Image search: [Google]
1480198234173.gif
2MB, 560x430px
>>30638990
We are now best friends
>>
>>30632125
Can anyone help me with ideas to finish my team?

Trying to make something for all around play.
So far I have Garchomp, Scizor, Mimikyu, Togekiss and Sharpedo.

Anyone have any ideas for a 6th? I know I need another special attacker and something for defense. I'd really perfer defensive ideas
>>
In what order are egg moves applied?
Let's say I have a Pokemon with two moves at level 1 by default, then I try to breed 3 egg moves on it.
Which of the two initial egg moves is kept?
>>
>>30632864
If you destiny knot an IV from the parent, the other one won't give the same IV so your info is false.

This leads to situations where a 6 IV Ditto + anything else with at least 2 IV is guarenteed to have as many max IV as the parent does minus 1. CBA to spell the math here, but that's how it is.
>>
Can you still get Beast Balls from Looker after you finish all the UB missions? I know he sticks at around but I am not sure if he'll still hand out the balls when you ask about the balls.
>>
>>30639672
Yes you can.
>>
>>30636984
Just checked.
Turns out that going with Drizzle Pelipper, constantly spamming Rain Dance, switching to a Mon with False Swipe, and spamming Leppa Berries gets really annoying really fucking fast.
So I'm bumping my stupid question.
>>
>>30639672
I've seen some people say you can't, so I just tested for myself to be certain.

The answer is yes.
>>
>>30632804
>>30632864
>>30639650
I have a destiny knot on a perfect iv ditto, yet it still breeds a ton of non children with only 2 or so best ivs

why? or am i just too stupid to get how it works
>>
>>30639830
Destiny knot only guarantees 5 IVs from EITHER parent, so switch out the breading partner when you get a higher IV one (4 or 5 from the ditto)
>>
I'm playing Moon and through sheer luck I've wound up with two Solgaleos, not counting the Cosmog you could send to someone else to evolve for you. What should I trade them for? I was thinking just the Sun exclusive UBs.
Also, is Pheramosa best mixed or should I go for a full atk and full sp. atk nature on two of them?
>>
With a stat bracer, how many 1 EV shitmons do I murder to it the cap on that stat?
>>
Let's say I'm breeding a Pokemon that has 3 moves at level 1.
Does that mean I can breed only one egg move on it?
If I can get more, how does overwriting work?
>>
>using Burn in almost 2017
>>
>>30641024
Get the exclusive UBs

>>30641123
Egg moves will overwrite level-up moves
>>
>>30641024
>I was thinking just the Sun exclusive UBs.

haha no.

Those things go for almost nothing on the GTS. As a sun player I've been trying to move my kartanas since I got them and nobody wants them. It seems like everyone has sun version and wants the moon exclusives. You should be able to get every sun exclusive just by trading your extra moon mons. If anything trade for more moon exclusives, you'll get more value out of them down the line.

Ask for something hard to get like weavile, or save them until bank comes out and get a bank legendary
>>
How do I check my EV's in sun/moon?

If there a guy I need to talk to?
Or some mechanic I missed?
>>
>>30642134
On your Pokemon's summary screen, press Y.
>>
What is a good nature and moveset for Shiinotic?
>>
>>30642323
Ring of Repick
>>
>>30642408
what
>>
>>30642323
spore
strength sap
confuse ray
flash
>>
>>30632972
How long will it be?
>>
>>30639403
Regular lv1 moves get pushed out, so you can get max 4 egg moves on a Pokémon
>>
How far into the game is area Vikavolt evolves in?
>>
Is there even a single scene that uses 3d?
>>
>>30645312
Final island (Poni), my Charjabug was 42 at the time
>>
>>30645354
Lol no
>>
File: 1374219003612.gif (483KB, 207x154px) Image search: [Google]
1374219003612.gif
483KB, 207x154px
Do stats round up or down?

Practical example: Let's say my Garchomp has 157 Speed. Choice Scarf boosts its speed by 1.5x. 157 * 1.5 = 235.5. Is his speed rounded up to 236 or down to 235?

>>30645354
Yes. The Pokefinder
>>
>>30639003
>Pokemon Stars comes out
>Set in the future like B2/W2
>The fence in that spot is fixed
>Nursery Girl says something like "weirdos used to go in that spot and ride Tauros like some kind of rodeo"

Watch it happen.
>>
>>30645455
Everything is always rounded down.
>>
Is there an way to breed for a specific higher iv? I have a Ditto with four perfect IVs breeding with a Dratini with the same perfect IVs, and I can't seem to breed one with a perfect defense IV.
>>
>>30645980
No you dumbass.
Destiny knot picks 5 ivs from both parents.
If neither parent has the perfect IV you want, it won't work.

Best bet would be to breed the Dratini with any other pokemon in the egg group you have that has the right IV, then breed that baby with the ditto missing the IV and hope you get the right spread.
>>
Queenly Majesty says it prevents priority, right?

Does that include protect and similar? What about negative priority like Whirlwind?
>>
>>30646213
At the risk of sounding like a dumbass again, I would need to have the egg group pokemon hold the destiny knot right?
>>
>>30646385
It doesn't matter who holds the knot. You do want a parent with the right nature to hold the Everstone though.
What does matter, though, is that the Dratini is the female if you want to make this go faster since then the baby will be Dratini.

Otherwise you'll possibly end up with a more full IV of the egg group pokemon you're breeding and then have to breed that with another female dratini to get what you want.

And again, this is only a chance of working out.
One of those 5 IVs from the parents could be the Dratini's shit Defense IV rather than the partner's perfect Defense IV.
And the partner's shit IVs could go in instead of the Dratini's perfect IVs.
And there's STILL the 6th IV which is completely random.
IV breeding is awful, especially if you don't have a hexaperfect ditto/egg group pokemon to get higher chances of skipping all this bullshit.
>>
Where do I get QR codes for rental teams?
>>
It's nighttime, but kiawe is not in his fucking room. I've already beaten olivia, where is this fuck hiding?
>>
>>30635176
EVs take effect immediately. Your Pokémon's stats have already changed due to the EVs.
>>
>>30632144
Poke pelago
>>
>>30632144
Give a Soothe Bell to a Pokémon and then go into the Tauros Autism box for a while

Managed to get a lot of friendship evos done that way
>>
>>30645980
Kind of, all the IVs that aren't inherited from a parent are decided randomly, so there is indeed a chance to get a 31 IV randomly.

You can use bottle caps too, but desu it's faster to not do that and to just brute force IV RNG until you get what you want
>>
Can anyone confirm whether the "Time Machine Method" works in SM? (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2bNjUfd8AsITW1QUTBxTjB4bmc/edit) Wondering if it will be worth it to migrate my perfectly imperfect Magikarp when Bank comes
>>
>>30632125
does stone edge extra crit chance count as a secondary effect?

I wanna use sheer force Rampardos but dont wanna lose half my hp every time i use head smash, also could apply to Concledurr
>>
What are the best pokemon for chaining Dittos?
>>
>>30632125
Is there a place where I can run forever to hatch pokemon? If not, what's the next best place?
>>
Where is the best pre-elite four place to grind for exp and sp. Attack evs?
>>
About how long do I need to chain SOS to nearly guarantee Hidden Abilities on the target poke?
>>
>>30632125
still haven't caught the guardians, what are the best natures for tapu koko, tapu lele, tapu bulu and tapu fini please?
>>
Are we expected to just not use ghost types anymore? Fucking everything seems to carry dark moves.
>>
Do all 3 starters get the same 195 Damage Stab Z-Move?

Do Z-Moves ignore taunt?
>>
File: team.jpg (61KB, 949x225px) Image search: [Google]
team.jpg
61KB, 949x225px
Deciding on a team for my playthrough, what should I run in the last slot? I kinda want Toxapex for cute but it looks like I have to go really out of my way to get her.
>>
Do eggs in the pelago still need you to walk around, or is it time based?

>>30651440
magneton fuck yeah.

Get an alola sandshrew or geodude
>>
Best moveset for Tapu Fini?
>>
>>30651440

You can run Muk for Poison/Dark shenanigans.
>>
>>30651440
template for pic?
>>
if I've got exp share on, how does that calculate exp?

if I've got a lucky egg on the first pokemon in the party, does that mean more exp all round, or does it only affect the holder?
>>
>>30650043

there's a small box just below the daycare, with a small break in the fence you can walk through. if you jump on tauros or stoutland, you can circle round in there with very little effort, and it counts as moving.

it's widely known as "the Autism Box"

Picture example in >>30639003
>>
>>30651683
A-Sandshrew shows up like halfway through the third island which is kinda late, and I don't like running more than one of each type (a-maro and decidu is pushing it a little).

>>30651883
right, I forgot I wanted to run him for battle royale shenanigans later.

>>30651920
https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/
>>
>>30650043
>>30652077
Still, is there a place where I can just run?
I'm worried about my stick.
Festival Plaza apparently doesn't count and the long road near Day Care has stupidly long loading screens.
>>
Friends, does the game stop pokemon from reaching more than 252 EV points in a given stat? It seems that I can train two stats endlessly and the graph never turns blue, I have to gain the remaining few points in another stat.
>>
File: 1459392527904.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459392527904.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
If my slowmon has a priority move and I use a Z-move with the priority as a base will the Z become priority as well?
>>
>>30652377

Sadly the Z-Move is a different move unless it's a status effect Z-move.
>>
>>30637810

Kartana has done me well so far.
>>
>>30652358

yes, ever since gen VI (or maybe V? VI at the latest anyway...)
>>
>>30652429
Tank you for the answer. This is fantastic news. The last time I did EV training was in Soul Silver and I had to sit with a sheet of paper and count all EVs. It was very tedious.
>>
Are dye shops game locked too? Like team red only in sun and team blue in moon. I mean from Sophocles giving it to you.
>>
>>30652405
Fug
>>
>>30652377
No.
I just got rekt by Salazzle when trying to Z-Aqua-Jet it .
>>
I have an Alola Vulpix, does it matter when I feed it its stone to Evolve to Ninetales?
Do I lose out on stats for evolving it too late/too early?
>>
About to start pokemon Moon.

Should I play boy or girl?

Are there any relationship stuff like in BW2?
>>
My team is currently Garchomp. Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Celesteela and Pheromosa.

For the last spot, should I use Toxapex, Marowak or Mimikyu?
>>
>>30652852
Stas will be the same regardless. You may lose some moves that Vulpix can learn by level up and Ninetales cant.
>>
>>30652852
you might lose out on moves since ninetales learns nothing by level-up, only relearner and TMs. there's no such thing as missing out on stats
>>
>>30652930
what format
>>
>>30652998
Currently, OU. May go to BL later.
>>
>>30653039
I'd say a defensive marowak. it resists several of your team's weaknesses
>>
A.sandshrew learns blizzard at level 46, but only has a base spA of 10.

Why did they even fucking bother?
>>
How well do Toxapex and Tangrowth work together in Bank OU?
>>
More of a social question then a gameplay question.

Upon reading about the buffs before the official release, did any of you bother to raise up Pokemon you never use just so you can see their stats get a free raise when you import them?

I raised a Masquirin in ORAS for that reason alone.
>>
>>30638661

No.
>>
What's the best EV spread for Wishiwashi?

Caught me a shiny one yesterday with good ivs. Currently leaning full attack and splitting the rest into Sp Def and HP
>>
Is it possible to get hidden abilities on the island scan pokemon? Say like speed boost venipede.
>>
You can catch gen 2 and 5 starters using the QR scanner on certain days
Does anyone here have a Snivy or Cyndaquil they'd trade for a fresh-bred Popplio?
>>
I'm thinking Salazzle could work as an anti-lead kind of frail setup sweeper. I don't know whether extra utility or extra coverage would help, which of these sound more viable? what could be done instead?

Salazzle
Item: Focus Sash
EVS: +252 spa +252spe +4hp
Nature: +Spe, -Atk

-Nasty Plot
-Taunt/Encore
-Fire Blast
-Sludge Bomb

or

-Nasty Plot
-Fire Blast
-Sludge Bomb
-Hidden Power Water/Fairy/Ground

First one stops hazards and setup sweepers, second hits more things that wall Salandit on stab attacks
>>
Why do all the zygardes I make remain the same five natures?
>>
>>30654747

Syncronize works on it 100% of the time.
>>
>>30654797
Bless your soul
>>
Where do I find black sludge?
>>
>>30654508
shameless bump.
>>
>>30655016
isn't the key to hidden abilities in this "X called for help"?
If so, pack some adrenaline orbs and cross your fingers?
>>
>>30632125

Are the guardian deities considered legendaries?
>>
>>30655439

Yes. the Tapus are legendary pokemon.
>>
>>30655439
Yes
UBs are debatable on that front for whatever reason, but I think they are
>>
>>30655464
They're debatable because you can catch multiple of (some of) them per game, and their lore isn't particularly legendary.
>>
>>30655527
Oh
Well now I'm not so sure either, though I haven't actually started the UB quest yet
>>
What do the blue and yellow colors mean in the menu with the stats? How come the yellow part has a "shadow" to it for some mons?
>>
>>30655464

the legendary part is debatable because there are multiple of some.

the pokemon bit is debatable for a whole host of other reasons.

I'd say it's better to think of them as a separate kind of creature.
>>
What's the best time to wondertrade? I've got a couple boxes of breeding rejects, halfway through a box and the best things I've gotten are an Adamant Synchronize Abra, and a Machop with 3 egg moves but shit IVs. I seem to have better luck super early in the morning after I get off work.
>>
>>30655606

It's just what stat is raised/lowered by your nature.

blue = lowered
red = raised
yellow = unaffected
>>
>>30655606
The darker yellow in the graph shows EVs.
>>
>>30655891
Sorry, I didn't mean the color of the words, I meant the color within the diamond.

>>30655963
I see, yeah that's what I thought. I figure either the lighter yellow or the blue are IVs, but I'm not sure.
>>
Is anyone else having trouble with the new synchronize mechanics?
I've read up on the fact that synchronize mons need to be in battle when a pokemon calls for help so the pokemon called has the desired nature. However, that doesn't seem to be happening for me. I have caught 10 pokemon, including 2 Shiny Stufful using this method, and none of them have been the Adamant nature desired. Am I just unlucky or am I doing something wrong?
>>
File: Acerola.png (209KB, 372x600px) Image search: [Google]
Acerola.png
209KB, 372x600px
anyone have the art (or a link to) from the concept book? like pic related
>>
>>30656690
The Synchmon should be #1 in your party.

The wild Pokemon draws its nature from the first ALIVE mon in your party.

Ergo, you can have a fainted level 7 Hasty Abra in the #1 slot but still find something Jolly if the first alive mon is Jolly.
>>
where can i find all the images from the credits on their own and in non-ant size?
>>
>>30656859
If I have a Jolly Umbreon in front, but an Adamant mon in the second slot, will the wild poke have a 50% chance of being Adamant?
>>
>>30656230
You can only check IVs post game, and they're on a different graph.
>>
>>30632125
How can I catch a Galvanize Geodude in S&M if it's impossible to chain them because the fuckers keep imploding themselves?
>>
>>30656985
spriters-resource.com/fullview/85384
>>
>>30657034
Imprison Smeargle is the best thing I can think of, anon
>>
>>30657017
If your Umbreon is fainted, yes.
>>
>>30657311
Oh, I thought the Synchro mon had to be in battle. Huh.
>>
>>30657408
Sync-ability pokemon has to be first slot.
Desired ability has to be first non-fainted.

That simple
>>
Is magic gaurd abra possible this gen? If so how?
>>
>>30657244
FUCK! Might as well catch a bunch on Quick Balls then. Can't I breed random Gdude's until one has miraculously the HA? It's for my ingame league team, so Nature/IV don't matter.
>>
Shiny Jolly sylvalee for:

Careful Celesteela in Heavy ball or other matching ball.
>>
>>30632125
can you use static in gen 6 to increase the odds of finding rotom in the garbage?
>>
I've been trying to get a HP Fire or Ice Tapu Koko all day but every single one is either Dragon, Steel, or Electric. Am I extremely unlucky or is it's IV spread semi-locked to something?
>>
>>30632125
What is the best ability for Litwick?
>>
>>30657701
I have timid HP Ice Timid Koko.

LF: Careful Celesteela in Heavy ball or other matching ball.
>>
>>30657774
Thanks, but I don't use pokemon I'm not the OT of.
>>
>>30657725
Flash fire for them swap ins
>>
>>30632125
if a pokemon is lvl100 can i no longer change its ev spread?
>>
>>30657945
>remove super training
>keep EVs
Who made this decision and why aren't they fired?
>>
I got a very obviously hacked solgaleo via GTS. I listed it up for trade because I prefer not to use them, and someone else took it. Can I get bricked for that?
>>
If I'm SOS Chaining Poliwags, does it tell me if Swift Swim is active during the rain when you tap for the stat increases and additional effects?
Also best Pokemon to Chain for Icecream2 on Mountain?
>>
Are there any events associated with having all four tapus? I kinda wanna trade a few of them off for version exclusive legends.
>>
>>30655527
>>30655808
How do you get multiple of them?
Do Nihilego just continually appear in Digglet cave and volcano park?
>>
If made completely legal, could I link trade Pkhex Pokemon such as Hoopa Unbound, Zygarde 100% and such? (Pokemon made to stay in non-permanent forms?)
>>
>>30655334

Yes but island scan pokemon don't call for help
>>
>>30658540

You only get one nihilego and guzzlord, but there are multiples of all the other ones. Like you can catch two buzzwole and xurkitree and four kartana.
>>
>>30658540
There's multiple of all except Nihelgo and Guzzlord catchable.

You see like 20 Nihelgo in story.
>>
File: tumblr_mx7oliF6ek1r6wywso1_400.png (46KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mx7oliF6ek1r6wywso1_400.png
46KB, 400x343px
Weird question but I thought I would ask here.

Injectionfag here, doing a giveaway in a bit and wanted to give something valuable for the item. What should I give that would be most helpful? Thinkimg gold bottlecap or destiny knot but thought I would ask you guys.
>>
>>30658837
Depends on what you're gonna mass-inject.
Destiny Knots are good, but mostly if you're sending them with Dittos.
Bottlecaps are probably a pain to use for a non-injector, since they need to be used on level 100 Pokemon.
>>
>>30658837
Maybe a Apricorn Ball?
Balltists love those
>>
What's the best IV spread for Raichu in sun and moon?
>>
>>30658905
Do you mean EVs? If sonthen invest in speed and sp. attack.
>>
>>30658932

I have a timid one, but i don't know which 5IVs it should have.
>>
>>30650032
Any pokemon with 4+ nondamaging moves.
Something with False Swipe + sleep/paralysis

My setup was a Shieldon with confide, protect, taunt, metal sound. Shieldon having Sturdy meant false swipe wasn't even necessary.

You've got to keep track of how many moves the ditto uses though. Transform only gives 5pp to each move so you'll have to go through probably 3-5 dittos before you hit those delicious 4IV ones at chain 40 or so.
>>
>>30657945
poke pelago's 4th island should let you invest EVs in things. Fully upgraded it's 4evs per session (so 63 sessions maxes a single stat even though you can set up to 99). You'll need to use the berries to lower/reset any current EVs though. I think they're found on the route 10 berry tree.
>>
>>30658978
What stats are you using?
What stats are you not using?

In 99% of cases you want to have perfect HP and both defenses.
If you're a physical attacker you want perfect attack and s.atk doesn't matter.
If you're a special attacker you want perfect s.atk and as low an attack IV as possible (foul play).
If you're not a trick room/gyro ball user you want perfect speed.

It's really not that difficult. If your Raichu isn't using physical attacks it should have 31 in HP, Def, S.atk, S.def and Speed.
>>
Is Physical Lucario better than Special Lucario? If so, would I go Adamant or Jolly? Are there any egg moves I should consider? I have Bullet Punch in the works right now.
>>
>>30658978
You want full IVs on any stat you plan to use on any pokemon. Your raichu will not be using physical attacks. So it follows that you want full IVs on everything except for attack (some people go as far to get 0 IVs in attack, because less attack means less damage from confusion and foul play).

likewise if you're using a physical attacker, you don't need to worry about sp. attack IVs.

If you plan to use a trick room team, you'll want 0 Speed IVs to have the lowest speed possible.
>>
>>30646313
priority moves that would target tsareena are blanked. this includes negative priority
>>
What's a good 6 member team?
>>
>>30659428
Something with good type coverage. That advice applies to any of these games
However, I can also confirm that the game is highly playable monotype, with ghost at least.
>>
When the game asks "Would you like to register this system for rating battles?", what does it mean? Is it locking in my DS? I really dont want to show up a competition one day running homebrew, with totally legit mons and all that.
>>
>>30659508
Bump?
>>
>>30658670
bumping this, really need to know
>>
>>30659776
Not unless you wanna get banned.
>>
How do I max out evs in the pelago?
>>
What are the chances of getting HA Magmar legit? or is it unobtainable and requires editing?
>>
Does HA magikarp evolve into HA gyarados?
>>
>>30660358

Get Isle Evel up to level 3 and then put a mon in for the number of sessions equal to the desired effort values/4. Or 63 sessions if you just wanna max shit out.

>>30660464

Obviously.
>>
Timid or Adamant Null? I know if I keep it Null speed doesn't matter as much, but if I evolve..
>>30660414
if you chain any mon (in your case magby), there's a small chance of getting the HA
>>
What time is the daily reset, midnight? Trying to do Battle Buffet but I did it really late and that's the only explanation I can come up with.
>>
How do weather SOS battles work? I'm trying to get my fucking ice cream cone
>>
>>30661395
appropriate weather will result in a chance for the appropriate monster to appear as sos instead of the same species. it's still pretty low.
>>
To get the shiny charm is it okay to just have one forme of zygarde for the pokedex or do i need all?
>>
Seriously, Kiawe hasn't left his trial area since I beat him and I'm already champion.

Everything I can find online says he should be in his house at night afterwards but it just isn't happening.

Anyone know whats up?
>>
>>30661733
if you're playing moon, you can't fight kiwae. you instead get mallow.
>>
>>30661811
Well shit, I didn't realize they were exclusive fights.

No access to revenant battle style then? Shit.

Thanks anon.
>>
>>30661868
No, Mallow gives you the reverent style in Moon.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.