[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possibility of Gen 8 taking place in Tohoku?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 320px-Japan_Tohoku_Map.png (163KB, 320x378px) Image search: [Google]
320px-Japan_Tohoku_Map.png
163KB, 320x378px
I've been doing some research and I found Tohoku fits as the possible location the next games are based on. They have a clear pattern of how they create regions, and the next in the pattern is a cold region. Tohoku is known for its extreme cold climates and it's in the northern portion of Japan. There are lots of opportunities to turn some of the native animals into Pokemon, such as the Honshu wolf, which lived near Tohoku before its extinction. Not to mention its beautiful mountainous landscapes, forests, and lakes. It would be perfect to base a region on. And it's been a long time since we visited Asia in one of the Pokemon games. It would make sense to have Gen 8 in Tohoku. I suppose following this logic, England and Canada would be likely candidates as well, having unique landscapes, colder weather, and animals that would make good Pokemon concepts. Thoughts on this?
>>
>>30631707
I'd been thinking about this for a while actually, I think it would be particularly interesting to see how they would handle Fukushima in general, and whether or not they would reference the 2011 Tsunami and the subsequent recovery, but I might be asking for a little much there.
>>
No. Next region is based on the Iberian peninsula.

>Naturally varied geography
>Clash of cultures
>Malasadas
>>
>>30631707
they're gonna base the new new games on wherever the fuck GF vacations to next
>>
>>30631707
Kanto was supposed to be modern and technological Japan
Johto was supposed to be traditional Japan
Hoenn was supposed to be natural, warm, summer vacation Japan
Sinnoh was supposed to be rural, cold, winter vacation Japan
A Tohoku region would be what? Another Sinnoh?

Not even Japan itself cares about Tohoku unless it comes to that tsunami/nuclear disaster a few years ago
>>
I suspect Michigan.
>>
>>30633171
the later gens recycle this with cold being the next only that it will be some foreign place away from japan
>>
>>30634364
>implying japan knows what a "michigan" is
Non-americans only know/care about 4 US states, California, Texas, New York and Florida.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.