[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Nanu become Acerola's Uncle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1481147998047.jpg (99KB, 450x298px) Image search: [Google]
1481147998047.jpg
99KB, 450x298px
How did Nanu become Acerola's Uncle?
>>
>>30627896
It's just a term of affection in alola. They aren't actually related.
>>
>>30627896
its just some kind of roleplay-fetish
>call me uncle
>>
>>30628244

This. Hau also calls the MC's mom "auntie".
>>
>>30627896
By having a brother or sister who was Acerola's parent.

It's really not difficult
>>
>>30628382

The official guidebook says they're not actually related though.

"Uncle" is just being used as a term of affection, similar to how Kukui calls you "cousin".
>>
>>30628405
Still. Just saying that it's not exactly like you have to put in any work to become an uncle.

Source: am an uncle
>>
>>30628405
>similar to how Kukui calls you "cousin".

My mind is blown

>why aren't you calling me nephew kukui you're fucking married to a white-haired woman you're not that young, old man
>>
>>30628683

Kukui is around the same age as Guzma, Hala and Samson Oak both refer to Kukui as "Young Kukui", and Hala calls Guzma a "young man".

He's not that old.
>>
>>30628348
>>30628405
Kukui also refers to the PC's mom as "mom". It's clear that Alola has a sense of the whole community being one big family. Also represented in the circular hand gesture saying "Alola" and gesturing "we are one".
>>
>>30627896
I honestly just assume it's what the translators went with when Acerola refers to Nanu as "oji-san" in japanese as a term of respect for him, not that he actually IS related to her.
>>
>>30628405
I would say Kukui's age is around 25~28. Guy looks about the same age as Red and Green.
>>
>>30628995
I heard in the old threads when the game was just announced that this is actually what they refer to each other as in Hawai'i, I know the native hawaiians tend to organize themselves into extended families.
>>
So if uncle & cousin are terms of endearment, Sophocles and Molayne aren't related either?
>>
>>30627896
gave her cummies
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.