[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that we will return to the single-screen experience with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: bottomscreens.png (522KB, 1518x192px) Image search: [Google]
bottomscreens.png
522KB, 1518x192px
Now that we will return to the single-screen experience with the switch, which game had the best bottom screen?
>>
BW/BW2 was the absolute worst. Anything else I could live with.
>>
>>30627592
Probably ORAS, though I like Rotom, the cheeky bastard.
>>
Never cared much for Gen 5's bottom screen
XY and ORAS definitely had the most usefulness though the Poketch did have a few nifty features.
I do like having an ingame map.
HGSS' running shoes toggle was cool.
>>
>>30627592
>GOAT Tier
Poketch
>Great Tier
HGSS, ORAS
>Ok tier
BW, XY
Shit tier
B2W2, SM
>>
Gen 5's bottom screen is underrated, I definitely appreciate the time display.
>>
DexNav
>>
gen 6 games have unquestionably the best bottom screen because of pss
the rest of them don't compare
>>
>>30627592
Most definitely ORAS
>>
>>30627592
ORAS and HGSS probably had the best, had everything you need without having to press any other buttons.

Poketch definitely had the most features, and is a close second to these.

XY were alright.

All of these are nearly infinitely better than Sun/Moon and BW/2's
>>
>>30627695
Don't forget that the Poketch in D/P didn't let you go backwards, you had to cycle through them in order.
They fixed that in Platinum.
>>
>>30627592
HGSS=XY>DP>SM>>>>>>BW
>>
>>30627592
I liked them all but gen 5's.
Yes, even rotom.
The Platinum Poketch with all unlocked was on par with the Dexnav, so I think those.
>>
File: pokepepe.png (122KB, 254x239px) Image search: [Google]
pokepepe.png
122KB, 254x239px
>Poketch
Just a gimmick, but I fell in love with it. I surprisingly liked the useless apps like the coin toss which I just now realized could be used to decide split paths and evos among other stuff, but things like the friendship checker on-the-go was super useful as well. Also, props to GF for bringing back the Berry Searcher in ORAS.
>Menu
Basically a prototype for gen 6's, what with the menu being easily accessible and all. Was never a huge fan of the permanent running. In retrospect, certainly the most boring bottom screen.
>C-Gear
Not really useful on its own, just a bunch of connectivity features. I liked how you could turn it on and off, the skins were too nice to be covered by all those circles. I guess this could also count as a prototype for gen 6's, I mean you could battle and trade with others through this thing, even if it was limited to infrared.
>Menu/PSS/Super Training/Amie
I looooved the PSS when XY first came out. It's a shame it got overshadowed by the DexNav later. The PSS is surely one of the best features, allowing people to trade, battle, Game Sync, and all kinds of other stuff without the hassle that is the Festival Plaza (not to say that the latter is bad). Super Training isn't anything to write home about, since it's just a gimmick for evo stones and hordes are better for EV training. And there are plenty of people that liked Amie, so there's that too I guess.
>Menu/PokeNav Plus
This was really fun, and I mean REALLY fun. I loved seeing the DexNav fill with pokemon living in the area (and the gen 3 backgrounds!), I liked scanning random overworld pokemon, I liked seeing what's up on the BuzzNav, and I liked seeing all those trainers, pokemon, berries, and bases in the AreaNav. Plus it has the PSS too!
>Rotomdex
A map. But also access to the pokedex if you touch the black part! Besides that there's nothing else. I do like his comments, but then you beat the game and...

Yeah, ORAS definitely had the best bottom screen.
>>
Poketch definitely has a lot of useful features but loses points for how you had to scroll through them.

>that day care app
I still miss it
>>
>>30629265
>going through app in D/P
>accidentally press too fast
>have to cycle all the way back through
Pt will always be the best 3rd game to me for fixing almost every meaningful problem with the shit that was Diamond and Pearl.
>>
HGSS design wise.
ORAS utility wise.
>>
>>30627592
ORAS had the perfect bottom screen and Poketch was really fucking fun for some reason. Gen 5 was a clusterfuck to navigate through and Rotomdex was underwhelming. For me it's ORAS > DPPt > XY > HGSS > SM > literal shit > BW
>>
>>30628406
This
>>
>>30627695
How was B2W2 any worse than BW
>>
File: excuse me what.jpg (68KB, 711x669px) Image search: [Google]
excuse me what.jpg
68KB, 711x669px
>>30629127
>access to the pokedex if you touch the black part
say what
why the fuck is gamefreak so bad at explaining their features
>>
>>30627592
DEXNAV
E
X
N
A
V
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.