[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck would they make it necessary to be level 100 to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 1479770571971.jpg (31KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479770571971.jpg
31KB, 700x500px
Why the fuck would they make it necessary to be level 100 to hyper train a pokemon? I realize this is only an issue for mons you can't breed or shinies, but it's still a pain in the ass if you want to use them.

How do you grind your Pokemon to 100? What's the best way to level?
>>
Feed them a rainbow bean, slap on a lucky egg and spend a million years grinding the E4. Also Pelago.
>>
>>30626931
You inject/power save 999 rare candies

No, it's not inherently cheating in the sense that using hacked items on your Pokémon does not make not legit.
>>
Can someone explain hyper training?
Like I know you max out IVs with it but how the fuck do you max out all IVs?
I thought there was a limit to that shit.
>>
>>30627151
You're thinking EVs, IVs have no cumulative limit
>>
>>30627151
I heard it just maxes the stats without actually touching the IVs. So if your pokemon has 20 IV in spd, you hyper train and breed, the new pokemon would get 20 IV in spd
>>30627218
>>
Dont fall for the E4 meme OP. Get the affection boost, give them a lucky egg, then hit the area before the battle tree. You may get around 500 less exp per Pokemon you defeat but you dont have to waste time running between rooms and waiting for cutscene animations to finish.
>>
File: 1469161354733.png (184KB, 359x255px) Image search: [Google]
1469161354733.png
184KB, 359x255px
>>30626931
GF being fucking retarded as per usual
Bottle caps were specifically meant to lower the burden on vgc players trying to build teams
VGC battles take place at level 50, but what do these idiots do? RESTRICT IT TO LEVEL 100 OF COURSE

I can't believe no one on production ever stopped to consider this incongruency, or maybe they did and deliberately meant to fuck the feature up with this caveat
>>
>>30627252

I would argue chaining Golbats in the Resolution cave area.
>>
>>30627252
I assume this is only repeatable once a day?
>>
>>30627151

Regular bottle caps raise one chosen IV, while gold bottle caps max them all.
>>
>>30626949
sadly, this
>>
>>30627354
Wait if it raises IVs doesn't that make breeding irrelevant ?
>>
>>30627324
I don't know what you're thinking about but I'm talking about the patch of grass right before you enter the battle tree.
>>
File: hypertraining.png (220KB, 723x642px) Image search: [Google]
hypertraining.png
220KB, 723x642px
>hypertraining
ITT: faggots who don't know how to breed pokemon
>>
Rare Kitchen
>>
>>30626931

open pkhex

set level to 100
>>
>>30627151
Its good for if you get a certain hidden power on a pokemon. You can make all Ivs 31 and still keep your hidden power
>>
>>30627419
Technically yes, reality is that breeding with a perfect ditto and leveling a mon to 50 takes 1 hour or so, while leveling to 100 can take several hours
>>
>>30627419
Almost. It takes less time to breed something assuming you have a 3-4IV ditto than it would to get something to level 100.

Nature and hidden ability are also important (regular ability can be changed with ability capsule but that adds on even more work).

They provide alternatives but, outside of things that you can't breed (legendaries and shinies mostly) it's a slower method.
>>
>>30627436
why the fuck would you waste that much time when you can hyper train?

Lol
You can get bottle caps like their nothing if you know how, moron.
>>
>>30627436

I'd like to be able to use the shiny I got that managed to get 31 everything except for one critical stat in competitive.
>>
File: are you sirius.png (61KB, 446x448px) Image search: [Google]
are you sirius.png
61KB, 446x448px
>>30627436
>Hidden Power shenanigans with perfect IVs

Don't knock hypertraining, my dude.
>>
>>30627320
Feels deliberate to me.
With the gen 5 EXP formula back into effect, and the highest level trainers to fight being the E4 rematches at L60, I imagine levels 70-100 take forever.

EXP Share lowers the burden a bit since you can get experience for 6 pokemon at once, but still.
>>
>>30627436
>not wanting perfect hidden power
literally kil lyourself shitter
>>
>>30627466
>>30627459
So the preferable method of getting a perfect IV pokemon would be to breed a semi-decent ditto and the hyper train the last stat it's missing?
>>
>>30627471
How do you get bottle caps so easily?
>>
>>30627419

Breeding allows you to get egg moves, and more control over what stats and nature they will have. While you can bottle cap and use Synchronize while chaining, this makes being stay relevant as an alternate means for those who hate chaining.

Personally I do both. They're both a lottery.
>>
>>30627471
It takes less time to breed than it does to hyper train, though.
>>
>>30627525
You can't breed ditto, but you can chain it
With the munchlax method i got a 4iv ditto in 2 hours while watching streams and shit, i think it's feasible to get a 5 iv one or a few 4 ivs to complete the set
>>
>>30627436
Man, I'm so glad I can breed Ultra beast and Tapu

Oh wait....
>>
>>30627533
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUa6F7uGmKQ&t=240s
>>
>>30627436
Yeah I love breeding legendaries!
>>
Can PkHex be used to apply Hyper Training to a pokemon? I don't see an option.

Or should you just put a ton of bottle caps in your bag?
>>
if i grind the E4 do i have to fight with the pokemon that i want to lvl up? or i can just exp share it and boost it with my other 100lvl pokemon?
>>
>>30626931
I wasn't opposed to the notion...until the post game.

We got gen 5 experience mechanics with gen 1 and 2 levels of reliable grinding strats.

Goddamn GF, why introduce hyper training in the same generation you get rid of hoards, restaurants, and blissey bases. As well as removing the %chance of lucky eggs. ONE LUCKY EGG PER GAME.

BITCH, YOU ARE ENCOURAGING ME TO KEEP USING PKHeX. I HAVE ALMOST NO REASON TO STOP. QUIT FUCKING IT UP FOR YOURSELVES.

OH FUCK, MY CAPSLOCK IS STICKY.

Sorry about that, but it GF's lack of consistency and lapses in logic REALLY fucking irritate me.
>>
>>30627533
I assume he means the lottery shop trick where you buy a Treasure Hunt ** shop, get the free bottle cap, replace it by buying another shop, then repeat again for another free cap.

But this requires to grind out thousands of FC in the plaza as each will cost a minimum of 150 FC.
>>
>>30627560

>"Pokuhmon"

Whoever this kid is I don't want to hear him talk again.
>>
>>30627533
Fishing. If you go to the fishing spot by the ruins on Poni island you can get them quite fast.

I got 3 while running out of resources for chaining HA Sharpedo. You have to keep entering the ruin area. You want to reset the special fishing spots
>>
>>30627605

You probably shouldn't get this worked up over a video game.
>>
>>30627635
It's not just the game. The game's an outlier for me expelling and venting some personal frustrations. Anonymous rants are actually somewhat therapeutic.

I'm genuinely sorry you anons have to put up with me. Nothing but love and respect for you faggots.
>>
>>30626931
Sauce on the mallow pic?
>>
>>30627123
>No, it's not inherently cheating in the sense that using hacked items on your Pokémon does not make not legit.

A cheat is a cheat, now you gotta suck my nipples.
>>
>>30627320
Is this not something they can adjust with a patch? Just lower the level requirement to 50 and make attaining bottlecaps easier. I'd guess not, but the idea is worth questioning.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.