[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question thread SM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 26

File: th.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
Do you need the version exclusive ultra beats to complete the dex? Just need porygon2 and Z and I'm done but only have moon and no friends so I am waiting until something pops up in GTS to fill it up.
>>
File: Complete.png (48KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Complete.png
48KB, 400x240px
>>30616035
Need all 300 pokemon to fill it up.
Megearna doesn't count apparently.
>>
>>30616070
So I need the ultra beats and Lion King?

Also thanks for the response :3
>>
>>30616035
>trade pheromosa for kartana
>trade celesteela for buzzwole
it's not hard
>>
>>30616106
I've had celesteela for buzzwole on GTS for days and no one is accepting
>>
I guess this is the general stupid question thread? Does anyone have the picture of the FeMC cosplaying as Leaf? I thought it was cute and want to give it a try.
>>
>>30616120
Trades are happening about every 20 seconds, about every 20 seconds about the first 3-10 mons change for popular things like buzzwole pheromosa and celesteela you can see for yourself if you back in and out of the mon your looking for on gts. Your offer got backed off to the back of the line where no one will ever see it. Re-upload it every 5 mins or re-upload it often, it should go quick
>>
>>30616035
Where do I get an Ice Stone to evolve my Vulpix?
>>
>>30618016
Pelago gives a ton of stones after you upgrade the cave once.
>>
Are ultra beasts legendary in the sense that you can only catch 1 of them and not multiple per species?
>>
>>30616088
yes
>>
>>30618271
You can catch multiple of all Ultra beasts except Nihilego, despite seeing 6+ of them in the story.

They're legendary in the sense that they are stronger than most Pokemon and have strange circumstances around them (not from the main dimension). For all we know the UBs we saw are just the weakest pieces of shit in the UB Space and there are ones million times stronger.
>>
Is there any downside to changing your 3DS's clock? I need to evolve some shit.
>>
>>30616106
trade ditto for kartana and repeat for buzzwole
>>
>>30619741
You can just go into the alternate dimension at the altar with Nebby in your party. Only thing it does is changes the time. Think this is postgame though.
>>
Can anyone give advice on how to run a GTS giveaway as smoothly as possible? Like how to reduce the chances of sniping (planning to give beast ball Beldum breedjects)
>>
>>30619825
Wrong, you need the opposite version's legendary to do that. And you can't even look it up on GTS unless you've seen it, and it has no QR code. It's not practical at all.
>>
>>30619878
I have Moon and I've done it to get an umbreon. Lunala worked OK for me.
>>
>>30619878
>>30619916
The way it works is you can only cross at night with Solgaleo and at day with Lunala. So if you have Solgaleo and need to evolve something at night, you have to wait until night anyway.
>>
>>30619878
>And you can't even look it up on GTS unless you've seen it

just go down to "What Pokemon?" after Z and type it in manually
>>
>>30619878
No you don't. You use your own version's legendary. And YOU CAN look it up on the GTS. There's literally an option to look up a Pokemon's name on there.
>>
>>30616106
Why do we need Pokemon that don't even exist in one game's universe to complete the dex?
>>
>>30616035
It's called "Completing the pokedex" not "getting all of the pokemon except for 3" you idiot
>>
>>30619983
It has always fucking been that way, what the fuck?
Why do you feel like you need to complete the fucking pokedex? It's just a stupid made-up goal anyway.
>>
>>30620014
Because you must anon. It's in the rules.
>>
>>30620014
No, I mean the Ultra Beasts

Their having the same numerical designation serves to indicate that Pheromosa doesn't exist in Sun's timeline and vice versa
>>
Well finally my buzzwole is good for something it's adamant but it never caught my attention
>>
Is it true that you can get bottle caps by fishing? The stupid Festival Plaza is pissing me off because It keeps failing to register anyone as a vip and I've found like 5 Treasure Hunt 2s already

I'd rather just put in the work of fishing while sending out to get Gold ones in Pokepelago
>>
>>30620050
You're putting in-game logic to something that's based on real-life specifications. The charm is there for those who will the entire Pokedex between both (currently) games. It's not an in-game logic where you only get what's in that game and you're done.
>>
>>30619878
>>30619916
>>30619825
>>30619973
okay, so since the portal is completely useless if you want nighttime in sun, and lunala is a pain in the ass to get

i'll ask again

is there any risk with changing your 3DS's clock?
>>
>>30619855
Bampu
>>
File: 1481075660953.gif (796KB, 406x448px) Image search: [Google]
1481075660953.gif
796KB, 406x448px
I have a more general question.

I've never been into competitive pokemon so I know jack shit about natures and stuff.

1. Do Rare Candies affect pokemon growth negatively or only if you use one at level 99 when it's EVs are locked (or something)

2. Would it be viable to raise a Atk Lycanroc and a Sp. Atk Midnight Lycanroc despite them having the same moves? I kind of wanted Midnight to be a powerhouse whereas Midday uses Fire Fang and Thunderfang (if I can get it)

3.What natures/ startings IVS do I even shoot for if I wanted what's up above?

I don't meme to spam but I'm gonna ask the competive threads the same question,
>>
Do I give the lucky egg to the pokemon I want to level up quickly or to the level 100 pokemon that's doing the battling?
>>
what's the best way to get ether/elixir?
>>
What's a good Pokemon to use for catching others? Can learn false swipe, and status effects.

I used Breloom in ORAS.
>>
>>30622611
Parasect is pretty much the same as breloom. So go for this if you want another mushroom.

Smeargle is pretty great since you can customize it for anything you want to catch. But that takes a bit of effort to make it sketch all the attacks you want on it.
>>
>>30622687
how to sketch recover?
and best set would be spore+false swipe+recover+odor?
>>
>>30622727
For general catching I use spore/false swipe/soak/skill swap

For chain continuation I have recycle/false swipe/skill swap/bite + holding a leppa berry
>>
>>30622504
1: They changed how rare candies work a couple generations ago- you can now EV train at level 100, so nothing is 'locked'

2: define 'viable'. if you're looking for in-game, almost anything works. If you more mean the competitive aspect of it all- see: Smogon's tiers (in which you can find whatever format that suits you (and/or your favorite pokemon) best).

3: the higher the IV, the better. Almost all competitive pokes are 5IV (meaning x5 31s, maybe a 30 or two at lowest). Natures depend on what you're doing- for Lycanroc I'd say you really only want to attack, which requires the attack stat you choose, and /or speed.
The 'Big Four' for sweepers are:
Timid(+Spe -Atk) & Modest(+SpA -Atk) for special attackers
&
Jolly(+Spe -SpA) & Adamant(+Atk -SpA) for physical attackers.

Did that help, anon?
>>
>>30622504
1) A rare candy increases level but doesn't impact EVs at all. There is nothing wrong with using rare candies but a pokemon that was candied from 1-100 will have 127 less stats than a pokemon that got all 510 EVs before it was leveled to 100.
>>
>>30622727
>how to sketch recover?
fight a wild smeargle and use recover. The wild smeargle will sketch it and you can sketch it back.
>>
>>30622808
I don't think you can sketch a smeargle
>>
>>30622556
Go to pokepelago and plant Leppa berries.
>>
>>30622727
Corsola at ~level 16 knows recover. Have a smeargle that's faster than Corsola have sketch and one other variable move. Fight corsola regularly until it uses recover and then go nuts.
>>
>>30622862
does it still take 24h for them to grow?
>>
Okay, so I'm going to chain for a shiny riolu.

They use final gambit, so a ghost type is needed. But how do you maintain synchronize if no ghost type learns synchronize and sos'd allies rely on your current pokemon for synchronize?
>>
>>30622830
You can. That's how i teached my smeargle everything.
>>
>>30622803
>>30622798
Oh okay I think I get it. Thanks guys.
>>
>>30622892
I think so. You can speed that up to 12 with pokebeans and if you've upgraded it to level 3 you get a yield of about 10-14 berries per harvest. Meaning if you plant 6 you're getting 60-84 per 12 hours.
>>
>>30622915
hmm, didn't know that
thanks
>>
>>30622915
>teached
>>
>>30622904
If you need to Syncro- look into Imprison?
I dunno if anything learns both Imprison + Final Gambit tho... gotta look into that yourself.
>>
File: 1464944310900.png (508KB, 597x923px) Image search: [Google]
1464944310900.png
508KB, 597x923px
do you risk a ban going online with illegal mon (not available because no bank) in your dex? can you use them in battles with friends?
i don't want to trade any of these things, i just want to use them
>>
When does it rain in Malie Garden? Randomly?
>>
>>30622803
this wrong, and has been wrong since last gen.
You can EV train at level 100 now.
>>
>>30622904
The only way I can think of is impossible right now. Mew with Synchronize & Reflect Type.
Gourgeist with Trick-or-treat.

Have Gourgeist change the Riolu to ghost, put it to sleep with another Pokemon (can it learn hypnosis? idr) and swap to Mew, reflect type. Bam.
>>
>>30623052
A pokemon with no EV training will have 127 less stat points at level 100 than a pokemone with full EV training, all other factors being identical.
>>
>>30623051
There's a sandstorm in the desert at night, the same may go for Malie Garden. Just speculation though.
>>
>>30622904
Go catch a Misdreavus with the nature you want and any Abra with synchronise
Chain breed both to have skill swap
Send out Abra skill swap synchro onto the Riolu
Call Abra back send out Misdreavus
Skill swap again and jobs a good un.
>>
>>30624072
dog bless, friend.
>>
Does it matter if I level up my pokeman before EVtraining? Its for online battles
>>
>>30624391
You can EV train at level 100 fine.
>>
What is a good supporting defensive set for Skarmory in S/M?
>>
Where can I find Bulbasaur?
>>
>>30626791
Sitting in your bank next month when you transfer it to the newly-updated SM-integrated Bank.
>>
What's a good movepool/nature for Toxapex?
>>
>>30619983
Because fuck you, you lazy fuck.

Haggle your way through on the GTS like everyone else with some sense.
>>
Since we can't rematch trainers, how else can we win money?
>>
Is HP ground the best HP for Magnezone?
>>
>>30616035
Why is my EV chart on this pokemon showing no EVs despite making them spend 63 rounds on Isle Evelup? Are the EVs there but because they're level 1 it shows no difference? Yes my isle is level 3, so it should be max.
>>
Where can I get more dusk stones?
>>
>>30627863
Poke Pelago

upgrade the island where your pokemon enter into caves. One of the options helps find rare evolutionary stones like dusk and ice stones.
>>
>>30627611
Battle Buffet has trainers with level 53 pokemon and prize money about average for those types of trainers, and is functionally infinite. There are a couple of rich assholes who can spawn as well for a nice bonus. Leave the buffet on turn 9 out kf 10 and you can go back in. If you complete it, you have to wait a day.

Aside from that, Elite Four. Just amulet coin gets you $25,000 per member, I haven't used happy hour.
>>
File: 1481075943351.gif (839KB, 461x410px) Image search: [Google]
1481075943351.gif
839KB, 461x410px
can someone spoonfeed me about how to spread evs? or at least link me a less complicated guide than the smogon one?
>>
Silliest question probably.

What's the best place to grind before E4? Just got there and can't manage them all just yet.
>>
>>30628618
I would assume somewhere on poni island or the route just outside the E4 the pokemon would probably be highest level there
>>
File: Swadloon.png (35KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Swadloon.png
35KB, 250x250px
What's a good moveset for Pyukumuku?

And is there any point in breeding Pokemon if they don't have egg moves or HAs?
>>
>>30628526
Start easy.
If you pokemon is physical and can't really take a hit
>252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Hp
If your pokemon is special and can't really take a hit
>252 SpAtk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Hp

If your pokemon is bulky and can also hit hard
>252 SpAtk or Atk/ 252 Hp/ 4 speed

If your pokemon is supposed to only support by dealing statut moves/entry hazard/cleric
>252 Hp/ 252 in whatever its weakest def is

Clearly not the best builds but you'll learn how to play which pokemon with those
>>
>>30628766
>And is there any point in breeding Pokemon if they don't have egg moves or HAs?
Better IV and I guess masuda method
>>
Can I soft-reset with a lead Synchronizer for my preferred nature Zygarde?
>>
>>30618016
Either Po Town or poke pelago.
>>
>>30628879
I've bred a few 5IV and one 6IV pokemon but I'm wondering if I should try breeding for egg moves and HAs. Only problem is I don't know how to do that.
>>
>>30627845
Anyone?
>>
Can someone clarify what I'm misunderstanding about SOS battles? I'm specifically trying to get down how the encounter tables work. I was trying to get Sudowoodo to appear, which I intuitively thought I should just chain Bonslys until one shows up. In the end a Happiny showed up. I double checked Serebii's SOS tables, and it shows that Happiny is in the same column as Bonsly, which I suppose makes sense, but then so is Pikipek. In fact going off of that I should have seen a lot of Pikipek. And then Sudowoodo isn't in the same column as Bonsly. So...what gives? Was I correct in that I should expect Sudowoodo from chaining Bonsly, and Happiny was just a happy accident, or is Bonsly really supposed to be calling Pikipek instead of other Bonsly and Sudowoodo?
>>
>>30616035
Thanks to hackers it won't take you that long.

Sniped a hacked Lunala for a female Salandit.
Got a Pheramosa with a female litten
Got a hacked Buzzwole for female bagon
Traded hacked Lunala for Solgaleo

This was spending about 1 hour on GTS you just have to rotate pokemon.

Thing is Celesteela is hard to get because people just want meme shit like another Celesteela, Porygon 2 or other trade pokemon with kings rock.

I saw a bagon one up for awhile last night but didn't make any eggs yet.

Bagon seems to be really good trading material at the moment.
>>
File: 46486.png (3KB, 279x62px) Image search: [Google]
46486.png
3KB, 279x62px
>>30629149
>>
Do Everstones also pass down the Ability the Pokemon is holding? Noticed that the Abra's I'm mass breeding have Inner Focus constantly
>>
>>30629798
the mother passes down the ability
>>
What pokemon can only be caught during the day/night?

I can't find a list anywhere
>>
File: 1477536733224.png (621KB, 1056x748px) Image search: [Google]
1477536733224.png
621KB, 1056x748px
What's the best Pokemon for steamrolling the battle tower clone? Still mega kang?
>>
File: 1480907548152.png (220KB, 455x611px) Image search: [Google]
1480907548152.png
220KB, 455x611px
I have Moon, and I've been trying to get the white mirrored sunglasses through the Festival Plaza. Whenever someone offers them to me as their item of the day, they just say that we're matching. I absolutely do not have those glasses and we do not match at all. Am I just shit out of luck?
>>
>>30630668
Are you not using Serebii? It may not be a list, but it's all on the site.
>>
What's with the dude in the battle buffet who keeps saying its not the time?
>>
How hard is it to earn BP?

Which is faster, Battle Tree or Battle Royal? Haven't played the tree yet so I don't know if it gives BP or not

Best nature for a Minior?

Battle Tree team so far is:
Scizor - Adamant, Technician
SD, Bullet Punch, Pursuit, X Scissor

Alakazam - Mega - Hasty
HP Fire, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Recover

what should I have as my third? This will be my first run to grind for BP to get good items and good Pokemon
>>
>>30630725
I have, but just having it all at once would be easier, I guess

Maybe I'm just lazy, but I've been trying to complete the dex and its annoying setting out on a new guy to go get and not finding out you can't get them till tomorrow until its too late
>>
>>30628996

Yes, it's a gift mon programming wise so it works 100% of the time. Be sure to unlock the judge function for your PC so you can aim for say 4IVs.
>>
>>30630797
Just use the Ultra Wormhole to switch universes.
>>
Do Battle Royal and Battle Tree elevate your Pokemon to 50 if they're below 50?
>>
>>30629798

Mom's/fathers with ditto pass their ability 80% of the time or 60% if its a HA.
>>
I have Moon, and I'm trying to evolve my Fomantis into Lurantis. Do I have to wait a couple hours for it to get further into daytime for Moon, or go into the wormhole and get transported into Sun land?
>>
>>30630792

Tree once you get some competitive mons established.
>>
Where can I find a Sharp Claw?
>>
>>30630792
>How hard is it to earn BP?
Depends on whether you can stomach the battle facilities. I sort of enjoy them despite the stupid RNG so it's not hard for me at all.

>Which is faster, Battle Tree or Battle Royal?
Battle Tree is infinitely faster if you get a decent team going. Battle Royal's advantage is that you get 1BP even if you lose, so it is an alternative for people who cannot handle the Battle Tree.

>Best nature for a Minior?
Not too familiar with Minior, guessing Adamant with Shell Smash. You can look at the Smogon thread for some ideas.

>what should I have as my third?
Probably a mon that can take fire attacks to the face and laugh at them. Might also want to consider Roost on Scizor if the current set doesn't do well.
>>
>>30630918
You mean Razor Claw for Weavile? It's like a 5% hold on Jangmo-o but 50% if it SOS calls a Kommo-o. Find one and beat the shit out of them with Thief.
>>
If I use an ability capture on a Pokemon, will that Pokemon pass the new ability or its old ability 80% of the time?
>>
>>30630853
Holy shit, never knew that was a thing. It doesn't solve my problem, but it will make things easier.

This only changes the time of day right? It won't let me catch the other versions' exclusives?
>>
File: Unnerve.png (9KB, 1051x205px) Image search: [Google]
Unnerve.png
9KB, 1051x205px
Has this been tested yet?
>>
>>30630980

Go to the lake of the sunn/monne in the alternate world and you can get a cosmog. That's it.
>>
>>30630948
razor claw, that's it. had a mindfart.

thanks.
>>
>>30630871
It's 6 PM right now for me, but I don't have the wormhole yet.
Should I just inject/edit the Lurantis?
>>
>>30630990
Maybe? It doesn't really matter though, Adrenaline Orbs are dirt cheap and last until the battle ends.
>>
what's a good nature and ability for Vanillish/Vanilluxe?
>>
Just beat guzma in po town, I one shot both his Pokemon, mine are all around level 45 which feels way too fucking high, I one shot pretty much every NPC with the right type matchup but all my mons have my trainer ID so no trade boost, and I've done no grinding. Some of them I even bred and started from level one so they had to catch up, still op as fuck

I know xp share is op but this is ridiculous, I have to purposely girl myself to not just one shot everything
>>
>>30631645
Should have turned it off right away, and no Z-moves. Turn it on post game for grinding. Your mistake.
>>
File: 1474929818004.gif (1MB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1474929818004.gif
1MB, 400x240px
How do the clothes stores work? Is it like XY where they have different shit based on the day? Or if I buy everything in a store, I literally bought everything and I'd never have to go back to check?
>>
>>30631815

each store has different clothing.

Also, certain colors/clothing is version specific and the only way to obtain the other versions colors/clothing is the festival plaza.
>>
Quickly! What is the best ball to put a dragonite in?
>>
>>30633692

Fast in preperation for when you can breed extreme speed onto it.
>>
Question, I'm on the 3rd island, just before the ghost trial. How high level of a pokemon will obey me?
>>
>>30633821

Level 35 after beating Halu, Level 50 after beating Olivia, level 65 after beating Nanu, level 80 after the Poni Island Kahuna, all levels after beating the E4.
>>
>>30627611
Break rocks with Tauros, I've gotten multiple comet shards that sell for 40,000¥
>>
haven't beaten the game yet. on the trainer passport it has an "Adventure Started" time logged, but does it have an "Adventured Ended on" stat and a date you become champion for the first time like in every other game. pls respond
>>
>>30633904
im begging you. help me.
>>
>>30633869
Which map has the most rocks?
>>
>>30616035
if you breed a minior does the color stay the same?
>>
>>30635149
Yes
>>
>>30635276
damn getting a rainbow is gonna be hard
>>
>>30633904
No
>>
File: 1450802763768.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450802763768.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
are there any other "once a day" trainer battles you can do post-game like Morimoto in the game freak office or the battle buffet?
>>
File: 1472333394478.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1472333394478.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
When the fuck does munchlax evolve? I've been feeding him and petting his dick for hours now and he won't evolve at all. Does the TM trick work? Because I've been trying that out of desperation for the last 20 minutes.
>>
>>30637944
Refresh is not happiness. TM trick isn't real.
>>
>>30638002
Then what can I do? Just use him regularly through the game and not let him die? I just don't want to miss any good moves by having him evolve too late or something.
>>
>>30637944
Try stuffing him full of IV berries until it won't work any more. I gave my Type Null about 50 berries and leveled him up and he turned into Silvally. Would imagine it does the same for Munchlax.
>>
>>30638055
You can feed him any spare EV-reducing berries you have on hand. You could also put on the Soothe Bell if you have it and run around on your Tauros for a while.

But really, going through the game normally will be just fine. There's an NPC that teaches Pokemon moves they missed or forgot right before the Elite 4, too.
>>
Destiny knot only takes the IV's from the pokemon its holding it right?
>>
>>30638387
Nope. Five IVs will be inherited at random from both parents.
>>
>>30638395
Alright
>>
>>30638410
You can influence IVs further using the "Power" Training items obtained from the Battle Royale.
The stat affected by the item is guaranteed to pass down from the parent.
>>
>>30623020
Seeing how ban happy Nintendo was with people who played it before release, do you want to risk it?
>>
>>30622531
The one you want to level
>>
File: 1481144789361.png (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481144789361.png
118KB, 500x500px
Can you find Mallow after fighting her? Or does she disappear forever?
>>
Arcanine or Alolan Marowak for a fire pokemon?
>>
>>30638698
Yes
>>
File: 1480730874945.jpg (94KB, 345x396px) Image search: [Google]
1480730874945.jpg
94KB, 345x396px
>Synchro Abra first in party
>Start SOS battle
>Helper Pokemon appears
>Switch
>Defeat said Pokemon and summon a new one
Does the sync still work?
>>
>>30616035
>ultra beats
>>30616088
>ultra beats

I bet you read Xurkitree's codename as "Lightning" too.
>>
I made a poll and i want more votes

What do you think the next release of pokemon games will be?

Please vote here
http://www.strawpoll.me/11826928/r
>>
Where is Macho Brace?
Is there even Macho Brace in the game?
>>
>>30639202

no
>>
Does the amount of pokemon in my boxes affect PokePelago missions?

I have like 4 boxes full of random trashmons just for the PokePelago, despite having it maxed out already. Not sure wether I can release all of them and still get the same rewards for treasure hunts.
>>
Do some trainers Pokémon with increased stats? Specifically, Guzma. His Ariados hit my Pangoro for 75 percent damage with Fell Stinger, a 50BP move, no crit, no boosts (and even with crit I wouldn't expect it to do that much).

Similarly, his Masquerain was able to 2HKO my Salazzle with (I think) Air Slash, which didn't surprise me that much since it got a +20 in SpA, putting it at 100, but I was thinking my 117 base speed Salazzle would outspeed and OHKO with the Fire Z-move, but Masquerain (80 speed) was faster.

My Pokémon weren't terribly underleveled, maybe 1 level below Guzma's.
>>
File: 1480230434546.png (1MB, 1323x1191px) Image search: [Google]
1480230434546.png
1MB, 1323x1191px
If I use a male with cute charm to make females 66.7% likely to appear
Will males therefore be changed to 33.3% instead of their regular lower %?
>>
>>30639421
Guzma's Pokemon are nearly at a competitive level. 31 IVs in most stats, and either 252 in their attacking stat or a standard 252/252 attack/speed spread.

http://pastebin.com/raw/vkaZNTra
>>
>>30639421
Dont quote me on this because I dont have hard data but people like ace trainers and bosses have EV trained pokemon and I know the final boss of the story has full IVs and EVs
>>
>>30621277
It will lock festival plaza and pokepelago otherwise no
>>
>>30639457
Interesting. Explains the Masquerain outspeeding Salazzle, since it's a few points above in speed under the right circumstances. Still weird for Fell Stinger to do so much damage, though.

Cool that they're doing this, it's the first game where in-game trainers have optimally trained Pokémon, right? Also nice that they gave Masquerain a pretty beefy +40BST boost, probably specifically for the Guzma fight.
>>
>>30639455
Anon, if 66.7 percent of the Pokémon you encounter are females, the remaining 33.3 percent has to be male per definition. There's only two genders, after all.
>>
>>30639034
The Sos pokemon actually reads the nature of the first pokemon in your party for synchronize so you dont need a ton of synchronizers of different natures now (at least for SOS, gift trades and UBs is a different story)
>>
>>30638604
probably nah
>>
Which UBs are the best?
>>
is it worth soft resetting for 3 ideal stats to have max iv?
>>
>>30618016
Left exit of the huge building in Po Town.
>>
>>30621596
The best thing you can do for yourself and the community is to take the best of the best of the breedjects and minimize distribution. You do less work, and you'll be able to satisfy few people rather than doing that, and letting down a whole lot more.

Giveaways seem easy as hell, but they're pretty annoying; especially with good product. 30 mons/1 box is a good start.
>>
>>30640093

For legendaries/gift pokemon, yeah sure. If you're going to hyper train anyway all that really matters is the nature and hidden power if you need it. To save on bottle caps make sure you don't have a 31 in a stat you don't use (Physical attack on a special attacker for example).
>>
Do we know the chances of good IVs in SOS chaining yet?
>>
>>30640349
30+ chain for 4 perfect IVs gauranteed
>>
>>30640364
Thanks.

I miss Dex Nav and Friend Safari...
>>
File: golisopod.png (73KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
golisopod.png
73KB, 250x250px
since this is a question thread

what type of moveset do you suggest for this beast?

how do you get its moves before level 30?
>>
Are there any berries worth growing except the ones that reduce EVs? Got 300 of each type now
>>
>>30640493
I mostly grow Sitrus berries for out of battle healing so that I don't have to buy potions. Maybe a few status healers, too, although Refresh made them kind of obsolete.
>>
>>30630961
New ability. Unlike bottle caps, which only pretend to change a pokemon's IVs, the ability capsule actually changes the nature.
>>
>>30623020
You can't use them in online battles at all. The game will just tell you that there are pokemon that you can't use.

You can use them in offline battles, though.
>>
>>30640454
I use First Impression, Leech Life, Liquidation, Sucker Punch
>>
>>30640564
Fuck, I mean the ability capsule actually changes the ability
>>
>>30640454
the go-to set seems to be:
Adamant
252 Atk/Hp
-First impression
-AquaJet
-Sucker Punch
-Liquidation/Leech life
>>
What is the official (or most commonly adopted) name for the SM protags?
>>
>>30640712
MC
>>
>>30640672
>>
What's the weather battles in Lush Forest and how do I force it to spawn
>>
Once you get Nebby is there any reason to use the portal again?
>>
Anyone angry that I'm going to clone a full box of Cosmog to use on GTS and get all the Pokemon I want?
>>
>>30641234
Yeah I'm livid
>>
>>30641197
Day/Night evolutions, time-specific Zygarde cores, etc
>>
>>30641234
What do you need
>>
How do I check my EV's in this gen?

If there a guy I need to talk to?
Or some mechanic I missed?
>>
>>30636190

anyone pls
>>
How do you get the option to get other players' clothes in the Festival Plaza?
Does it have to be a certain level, or do I need a specific building?
>>
Can i get a HA Espeon by evolving a HA Eevee?
>>
>>30643827
Yes, that's how it works.
>>
>>30618810
>next Pokemon game is nothing but Ultra Beasts
>>
I have a guy in my plaza who says he can build me a three-star dye house. Now as you can imagine, I want this but only have half the FC he's asking for. If i make him a VIP, will he continue to offer the same building? Or does the offer change once you go back online or something?
>>
>>30628015
>Leave the buffet on turn 9 out kf 10 and you can go back in.
OH SHIT I LOVE THAT PLACE. Time to do that forever.
>>
>>30630759
I also wonder this.
>>
If I restart my game does festival plaza and my VIPs reset?
>>
Can dittos pass down their special ball if the partner has a Pokéball?
>>
>>30643933
Yes, unless he changes his first slot to something else
>>
>>30644167
He'll eventually say they're about to pull out some special food on the next turn, like moomoo milk pizza or some shit.
>>
Wheres the Hidden Power checker? I remember bumping into him/her somewhere early in the game.

Also what's the purpose of move deleter now if we don't have HMs?
>>
>>30644204
Dittos do not pass balls.
>>
>>30644204
No, Ditto can't pass balls at all.

>>30644238
Inside the Day Care.
>>
>>30644249
If that's the case, is there an optimal strategy to continue passing down all the special balls?
>>
File: gen vii ball breeding.png (528KB, 1029x1336px) Image search: [Google]
gen vii ball breeding.png
528KB, 1029x1336px
>>30644238
HP checker's in the nursery.

Sometimes you want a pokemon that doesn't know all four moves, like if you're chaining dittos with a refresh Munchlax.

>>30644265
Maybe try not using special balls on Dittos next time.
>>
>>30644317
I haven't done it yet. I'm not stupid, I'm asking in beforehand.
>>
>>30644218
>Registration failed
>"Oh, maybe it's because I'm on local wireless and not online"
>Registration still failing
Goddamnit.
>>
You really can't grow berries?
>>
>>30644190
Bump
>>
File: 1474945581824.png (406KB, 501x650px) Image search: [Google]
1474945581824.png
406KB, 501x650px
I got two 5IV Sneasels in a single batch.
Do I use the male or the female one?
>>
>>30644728
Check Poke Pelago.

>>30644989
I don't think so, your VIPs are saved.
>>
>mfw trying to understand ivs and breeding

do people really invest time in this?
>>
>>30646460
To answer your question, yes.
If you want to be the very best, your Pokemon have to be the best as well.
>>
Can I KO ultra beasts during the side quest then come back later to soft reset them?
>>
>>30646766
The side quest won't continue unless you catch them. Kill one and the game acts as if you never encountered it.
>>
File: 1475806252053.jpg (16KB, 200x163px) Image search: [Google]
1475806252053.jpg
16KB, 200x163px
>>30646919
Fuck this shit then never gonna get this sidequest done because my pokemon autism prevents me from catching subpar legendaries.
>>
File: 20161210_012119_HDR~01.jpg (821KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20161210_012119_HDR~01.jpg
821KB, 1440x2560px
Where the fuck am I supposed to find this QR codes?
>>
>>30646460
It's really not that hard
IV:
>set at birth/egg creation
>"genetic" aspect to each stat
EV:
>trained upon
>"experience" aspect to each stat
And they just have caps to make sure you can't fully max out all the stats and end up with an unbeatable Primal Fug in online
>>
File: 1288130148523.png (18KB, 332x278px) Image search: [Google]
1288130148523.png
18KB, 332x278px
If I wanted to breed an Eevee in a gen 3 game, and send it through each game to get at least the Championship ribbon, and evolve it into a Sylveon in gen 6, what would be the best order?
How high would it's level be by that time?
>>
>>30647128
Just don't use the EXP share on it and you should be good
>>
>>30646354
Hope that's true, restarting my game once bank comes out and I really don't want to track people wearing version exclusives down again lol
>>
>>30647148
Fuck me, that's so obvious.
I'm too used to the new EXP share and using the E4 for grinding levels.

Still, I think I should start in RSE? Isn't there a Ribbon for transferring all the way to ORAS?
>>
>>30638677
Only in Moon, Sun gets Kiawe
>>
>>30647273
Nope, just a certificate, but you can get Memory Ribbons by beating one or all the... stuff.
www.serebii.net/games/ribbons.shtm
And here are the contest ribbons from ORAS in case you want them too, since they don't all appear on the main Ribbons page.
lwww.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/ribbons.shtml
>>
Best pokemon and moves to chain Dittos with?
>>
>>30639597
>>
>>30647334
No I meant like actually fighting her, not her trial. Does she appear after that anywhere?
>>
Is the Custap Berry in SM?
>>
>>30647493
I believe you can meet her in the Battle Tree.
>>
>>30647499
Doesn't appear so.
>>
is it possible to save recorded link battles as videos to my SD card?
>>
>>30618271
1 Nihilego
4 Buzzwole/Pheromosa
2 Xurkitree
2 Kartana/Celesteela
1 Guzzlord
>>
What's the best way to score bottlecaps?
>>
>>30649811
Grind the fuck out of the first cave in Poképelago. You can trade the shards to the old man in the back of the Wi-Fi Castle.
>>
Can you only find certain zygarde cells in day/night cycles? Because I swear I've cleared an area in the night but in the day time I find some there. Are my eyes just bad or are they just easier to see in the day time?
>>
>>30644523
I'm having this problem too. Is there a way to make it work?
Thread posts: 232
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.