[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bearly get EV points...??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Pelipper.png (74KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
Pelipper.png
74KB, 250x188px
Sup, I'm new to EV system.

I decided to train my pokemon on route 16, since there are a lot of pelipper.
However after killing around 12 of them when my pokemon leveled up and its defense stat raised by only 4!

I only killed pelipper, no other pokemon. I don't understand. Why is this happening?

Regarding the information I collected, it should' ve gotten more DEF... ??
>>
Max out the ev training in poke pelago it takes 63 sessions I think to max a stat out
>>
>>30613094
If I'm not mistaken, they changed it so Pokemon passively get points added while EV training in Gen V. This makes it so level 100 Pokemon can actually get EV trained as the extra points aren't added on level up anymore.
>>
>>30613176
This is correct. It'll have the EV points added correctly, they just get distributed along all 100 levels.

Go to it's status screen, and hit Y. It'll shift it's stats to it's EV grid. If you maxed out a stat, it'll shimmer. If you maxed out all EV's the graph will turn blue.
>>
>>30613143
>Takes two days
Why would you do that when you can do it yourself in less that 20 minutes? Its only purpose is to train when you're at work/class/sleeping
>>
Is a tool or cheat sheet somewhere that help idiots like me to know how many X do I need to kill to get Y evs?

eg. how many yungoos do I need to kill to get 188 evs if I have pokerus and the bracer during a SOS battle?
>>
>>30615235
I usually just use a spreadsheet and a calculator to figure out and keep track myself
>>
Isle Evelup, 63 sessions max to 252 for selected stat. 4 EV's per session.

It's a slow time-process unless you have a lot of Pokébeans to speed time.
>>
>>30615267
Guess I'll delve in excel and do the math for each thing. Specialized spreads are a bitch.
>>
>>30613094
Unfortunately, you're doing it right.
-Each Pelliper you kill gives you 2 defense EVs.
- 252EVs are required for maxing a stat
-AT LEVEL 100, 4 EVs translates to +1 in that stat.
In theory if your pokemon is at level 100 already (which it isn't if it's levelling up still) 24/4 = 6 points.

If you are playing any games past Gen 5, if you leave a battle stats are recalculated, so upon level up, you will not see the extra points that you gained.

The TLDR of it is,
You are doing it just fine.

I would recommend looking into the EV training held items, and pokerus to make things faster for you.
>>
>>30613143
Do I have to leave the 3DS open for the sessions to count? Or can I leave it on, but closed?
>>
>>30615870
You can just turn it completely off, actually.
>>
File: ツ.gif (3MB, 588x502px) Image search: [Google]
ツ.gif
3MB, 588x502px
I've tried reading about PokeRus, but Im not sure I understand it. While a pokemon has it, their ev gain is doubled, and it can transfer the 'disease' to others in the party, once it wears off, it wont transfer anymore but the double ev stat is permanent. Is that correct? How do you get it? How do you know when you have it?
>>
>>30617291
It says POKERUS in big purple letters in the pokemons summary when you have it. You get it by extremely rare random chance after a battle or by getting traded a poke with it.
>>
>>30614775

>two days

That's wrong. Sessions are 30 minutes, not 1 hour. 63 sessions is a little over 31 hours. Dump poke beans into the box to cut that in half and it's 15.5 hours. That's not even an entire day.
>>
>>30617327
>It says POKERUS in big purple letters in the pokemons summary when you have it.
Nice, I expected it to be more semi hidden shit.
>You get it by extremely rare random chance after a battle or by getting traded a poke with it.
That kinda sucks, no way to increase chances? Guess I'll find someone with a pokerus'd mon whenever Im ready to get into training.
Did I have everything else right? the POKERUS mark goes away once the disease wears off, but is there a way to tell it still has the 2x EV effect?
>>
>>30617399
There should be a little marker that looks like a happy face on their summary screen that indicates that they are no longer contagious, but still receieve x2 EVs from battle. This mark never goes away.
>>
>>30617399
if a pokemon has ever had pokerus it will have the 2x EV effect
>>
>>30617486
Cool, thanks senpai
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.