[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NOTHING MAKES SENSE IN THE POKEMON WORLD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 12

File: 1476009012133.png (116KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
1476009012133.png
116KB, 500x464px
1) What happens to Mons stored in the PC? Do they stay in limbo until a trainer decides to use them?

2) How does the transport industry stay afloat when you can fly/surf using your Pokemon?

3) If Pokemon's are highly intelligent (Yes they are don't try to prove me otherwise. They can understand human language ffs) why do they still rely on their trainers for food? Why do they obey their trainers? Especially if the latter are cruel and mistreats them? (See Silver when he was edgy)

4) Why are Pokemon parents so criminally negligent? Why would they let their 10 year old kid go on adventure in a world where criminal organizations are everywhere and where you can get raped by swarms of magical creatures?

5)Why can you catch legendaries? E.g Island guardians who protect the people and the land
It's kinda fucked up how you, the player character, can catch the tapus ingame. I mean, they are the protectors of their respective islands. They protect the people from danger. They are not meant to be captured by an eleven year old kid

6) How do trainers sustain themselves? How do they support themselves financially? Stealing other kids' allowances doesn't seem very realistic.

7) The economy of that world doesn't make sense! (See: Silph co's MONOPOLY).What happens if silph co decides to jack up all the prices?

8) Where is the law? Where is the government?Why is it always a 10 year old kid that defeats the crime org in his region?

To be continued...
>>
>>30611330

Continuing..

9) Why do we need to teach bird Pokemon how to fly? Why do we need to teach a water Pokemon how to swim? (See: HMS fly & surf)

10) When a trainer level grinds, What happens to wild Pokemon after you faint them?

11) What happens if you accidentally break a Pokeball that's containing a Pokemon? Also, if Pokemon really consent to be captured by a strong trainer (Like the games and anime want us to believe), why do balls with higher catchrates exist?
It doesn't matter what a pokemon knows about the balls. Master Balls catch their target without fail. This makes me wonder how much pokemon really consent to being captured. If I use a Master Ball on a pokemon that hates me, why will it still follow my commands? Does the Master Ball somehow compel the captured pokemon to obey me?

12) Why is Kangaskhan born a mother?

13) Why is the security in that world so shit? Even security guards don't have Pokemon. Also why are buildings made from material that can be easily destroyed by pokemon attacks? (Refer to Pokemon generations episodes)
>>
Shut up, and just play the game, nigga.
>>
Why is the sun a star when it's clearly a sphere?
>>
File: 1421244287309.png (319KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1421244287309.png
319KB, 640x480px
>why are video game mechanics not exactly representative of the real world?
>>
File: 1480702301909.jpg (404KB, 544x750px) Image search: [Google]
1480702301909.jpg
404KB, 544x750px
All these questions have been answered on multiple threads in the past.

Also:
>>
>>30611330
1) Pelago
2) Not everyone can do this, in most regions you need rare HMs
3) Pokemon are naturally inclined to become friendly with humans
4) The age of maturity seems to be lower in the Pokemon world, and the criminal organisations are pretty tame considering
5) I'm inclined to agree with this one
6) I assume they have jobs, like Nanu being a police officer and Hapu being a farmer
7) Shrug
8) Your character is usually presented as absurdly powerful and the police are not strong enough to deal with them I guess
9) The birds can fly, you only need the HM for them to carry you
10) They eventually come around i suppose,or other wild pokemon take care of them
Alternatively they are eaten
11) I guess you put it in a new ball
You have to prove yourself worthy of the pokemon's friendship/trust by being strong enough of a trainer to catch it
12) It's pokemon I ain't gotta explain shit
13) Generations is non-canon
>>
>>30611391
This
>>
>it's an autist overanalyzes a children's video game episode
>>
>Pokedex makes a big deal out of Pokemon that are smart enough to understand human language
>literally every Pokemon has to understand the human language in order to obey when they tell them to do attacks
>>
>>30611503
dang I guess dogs know english then
>>
I'll make the mistake of indulging you

1) Converted to energy/sent elsewhere (ie Pelago)
2) Not everyone is a trainer
3) It's like a parent/child relationship. The trainer is the Pokemon's caretaker
4) Different culture, not uncommon elsewhere int he world to let children roam
5) This is true.
6, 7, 8) Infinite possible explanations
9) You need to teach them to handle transporting a person. Just like with real animals
10) I think the games explicitly state they wake up on their own later.
11) Pokemon probably don't consent to capture, or if they do, they probably consent to powerful trainers, which can be determined by the grade of the ball being used.
12) vodea gem meemshjit
13) >anime
>>
>>30611549
contextually understand a few phrases != know
No proof Pokemon understand any better than that actually.
>>
>>30611574
yes that's the point I was making
>>
>>30611391
Sure it's fiction but If there are mistakes or unrealistic elements, the viewer is not going to believe in the world they're being shown. It ruins the immersion.

I bet you don't even notice Plot holes in the movies you watch.
>>
>>30611450
>Generations is non-canon

Generations tries to animate the EVENTS that happen in the game.
>>
>>30611592
The thing with people like you is your nitpicks are always nonsensical and arbitrary.

Why is box storage a problem to you yet living creatures being sucked into small balls something you apparently accept without question?
>>
>>30611330
>1.
Pokepelago, in previous generations the PC is essentially a Pokeball Conglomerate
>2.
Pokemon can carry things, yes, but it's still cheaper to use a freight liner than it is to travel the entire ocean on Wailords and load them up with thousands of tons of cargo that they can't carry. Cars, maybe, but even then your pokemon might get tired.
>3.
Depending on the pokemon, they range from dog-tier to superhuman intelligence. Most of the ones leaning toward the latter are legendaries, and wild pokemon don't count on humans for food. Ones that stick around with you do because why not? Also the PC fully rejuvenates them anyway.

>4
Because the Pokemon world is based in ethnically homogenous countries for the most part and there aren't feral packs of niggers running around. Most little kids aren't out in the wilderness, and the ones that are have their own teams/end up being near a bunch of adults out doing pokemon shit, too, so there's usually not much trouble. More so in Alola where guardian pokemon will actually help out a kid in danger if they can.

>5.
Pokeballs function universally (UB aren't mons) so the technology just happens to work on legendaries as well, though to a far lesser extent unless you use a Master Ball.

>6.
They battle for money, likely trickling down from adults, or sell treasure they find adventuring. The Pokemon universe seems to accept little kids exploring and growing together and with their pokemon as a thing all the adults did and support, hence pokecenters, free places to stay for the night, etc. It's a damn cozy world.

>7.
People would just resort back to using berries and those apricorn balls.

>8. There are police, but crime syndicates also end up run by people who are e4/champion levels of strong and have the financial resources to mask their intentions/leave a big enough smoke trail to never get singled out so grunts just keep getting arrested.

Cont next post.
>>
>>30611330
If you sit down and read _a lot_ of fanfiction you can find answers to these questions, all written out to varying degrees of acceptability and cohesion.
>>
>>30611716
>hence pokecenters, free places to stay for the night, etc. It's a damn cozy world.
Yeah people seeing to be forgetting/conveniently ignoring the fact that the pokemon world is more or less a utopia.

cue a bunch of edgy fanatsies about why it isn't
>>
>>30611751

I have a great time working those bits of reasoning into the "We live in a Pokemon world" threads that pop up now and then. Its some of the most fun Ive ever had on 4chan and ive been hanging around since 04
>>
>>30611365
>9.
I never got that either and am glad HM's are gone now.

>10.
Fainted mon don't die unless you're counting it yourself in Nuzlockes, they just get too exhausted to fight. As such, they probably just black out and scurry away when they come to. I know since legendaries are limited and fainting them ruins your chance of getting them, they might as well count them all as dying, but w/e.

>11.
Pokemon don't all consent to being caught and I never really thought they did or the games implied such unless you're catching a plotmon/box legendary. I assume breaking a pokeball just frees the mon and requires getting recaptured, since wild pokemon break balls all the time and it just results in them popping free.

>12. No time/room to give it a preevo, just stuck with it for the absurdness of it all I guess. Or you could say some crap about kangas being based on kangaroos which can actually stay in a perpetual state of pregnancy (they can force a zygote into suspended animation and stagger their pregnancies). Newborns might be born sexually mature (Pokemon seemingly are) and parthenogenetically produces their first offspring. But that implies live birthing so it's best not to think about it.

>13.
Pokemon are strong as fuck; Mudsdale can scrap cars if it gets startled and Tyranitar can redraw maps, so the material technology is probably just not there/only able to keep shitmon from fucking things up when ten year olds battle eachother.
>>
>>30611330
2) Pokemon that can carry more than a couple people at a time while flying/surfing are rare, and then there's freight.
3) Pokemon operate on a form of moral relativism based on dominance. If a pokemon is defeated and caught by a trainer, that means the trainer is right and the pokemon is wrong.
It would be silly for the pokemon to defy the trainer at that point. Note that this is why traded pokemon will disobey you; because you weren't the one who defeated them.
5) The tapus are just minor avatars of the guardian spirit of Alola. Use their Z-move if you want to see the real thing.
6) Survival skills, taking odd-jobs, help from businesses that support young boys and girls on their pokemon journey (think of all the freebies everyone gave you)
7) The culture of the pokemon world clearly doesn't see making the absolute most profit possible as a virtue, unlike our world. Team Rocket had to turn to crime to make money.
8) The protagonist is a spectacular pokemon trainer whose abilities to raise pokemon are far better than those of the police or govt in most cases
9) You're not teaching them how to fly or swim, you're teaching them how to fly or swim with a passenger
10) The pokemon wakes up later. Or it gets eaten by a predator or something.
13) Pokemon are really powerful. You try making a building material that doesn't turn to slag when exposed to 3000 degree flames.
>>
>>30611330
1. I think previous games mentioned a stasis until they're pulled out. This is why Pokerus doesn't cure.
2. HMs are rare and Fly is limited to places you've already been to and can navigate to. Also you can't travel from Johto to Kanto without stopping at the Elite Four area in GSC/HGSS, so it's likely hard for Pokemon to travel between regions freely. Also transport can carry cargo and groups, and go for much much longer distances.
3. Trust by being their OT, proof of respect via badges, also probably some sort of mind reprogramming via Pokeballs.
4. 10's the age of adulthood or something. Pokemon journeys are how you get worldly and gain independence.
5. Because you're the protag and a special snowflake. In previous games the legendaries are either unimportant to the region, dangerous and awakened by the villain groups, or there's multitudes. Also there was a thread explaining the that the Tapus are jerks, and Kukui's a weeb who's destroying all local culture by the end of the game.
6. Money trickles down, finding/selling items, other jobs like tossing Pyukumuku.
7. Some trainer will show them their villainous ways and take them down.
8. Government is high trainers, I guess. Royalty and police are here in there in the games, so there's probably a lot of things we don't see. Again we're the special snowflake protags. If we don't do it, someone else will, but where's the fun in that?
9. HMs teach them to do these on command, safely, for our benefit.
10. They're eaten by local predators, probably.
11. They get released? Poor kids can afford Pokeballs (they're like $2), higher end trainers can afford multitudes of fancier balls that work better. Pokemon fall to trainers who prove they have the ability to take them down. We have to prove we're alpha. Masterballs probably ignore their will to fight us and do minor brainwashing.
12. Ugh??
13. Anime vs game rules.
>>
File: Oranguru says.jpg (40KB, 330x380px) Image search: [Google]
Oranguru says.jpg
40KB, 330x380px
>>30611330
>>30611365

1) They are moved to an arbitrary storage space. They play on the Poke pelago this time

2) Pokemon can't fly or surf long distances (as evidenced in gen 2/remakes when your Pokemon can't fly across Kanto AND Johto, it needs to take a break first

3) Pokemon with trainers become more powerful than their wild cousins, and have a better chance of reproducing than their kin. They also mature faster.

4) Because people are used to this society, it isn't frowned upon. Children go on journeys to become adults. They don't have to worry about getting raped in the woods because their Pokemon will protect them

6) Pokemon centers offer free services, most likely funded by the earnings made by stadiums and tourneys through admission tickets.

7) Sliph Co has a competitor. Devon. What's more, Sliph more than likely has a hand in the entertainment industry pot, and thus stands to make more money if the entry price to become a trainer is low

9) Trainers form a militia of the land. When an inconveniance occurs, there are cops and stuff, but when it is serious it is the jobs of champs, E4 and leaders, and yes, even lads and lasses to attend to it

9) Likely the TM's provide some sort of musculoskeletal enhancement. If it can make a rino breathe fire, it can clearly do some serious shit

10) Paraphrased by an aether employee. "When a wild pokemon is injured, it usually hides itself away for a time until it can recover. Pokemon are such resilient creatures, blahblahblah.

11: The pokeball is not actually a space. It is a transporter device. You aren't actually "releasing" the pokemon from a ball, you are teleporting it to that location from the same storage space (in this case Poke pelago) it resides in while in the PC.
Hypnotism.

12) Pokemon eggs are an abstraction that stand in for a pokemon maturing enough to battle.

14) Mentioned above. Cops are there for disputes, any actual force is applied by champs, E4, leaders, and the local militia.
>>
>>30611751
Pokemon: The Origin of Species does it really, really fucking well. It is written by a fairly smart dude. Also has combat scenes that manage to be brutal without being overly edgy.
>>
>>30611450

>Generations in non-canon
Au contraire mon ami
>>
>>30611382
why is the moon a star when its clearly clouds?
>>
File: 1479021798055.png (519KB, 800x453px) Image search: [Google]
1479021798055.png
519KB, 800x453px
>>30611330
>3) If Pokemon's are highly intelligent (Yes they are don't try to prove me otherwise. They can understand human language ffs) why do they still rely on their trainers for food? Why do they obey their trainers? Especially if the latter are cruel and mistreats them? (See Silver when he was edgy)

Because Human is the strongest pokemon type to exist. Why do you think Kukui can take pokemon hits that destroy his home without a damn scratch. They do what we say because they never want humans to figure out that we can literally poke god in the eye and all he can do is make a grumpy face as he waits for us to pet him and feed him poke puffs and beans.

Or did you not play with Arceus in Pokemon-Amie
>>
>>30612178
It doesn't matter if it's canon or not. It was well known before Generations ever came out that pokemon have stupendous destructive power, unless the pokedex just straight up lies to you.
>>
>>30612287
This, to an extent. Human in the Pokemon world =/= Human that we know. Pokemon humans regularly make 20+foot leaps, carry pokemon weighing hundreds of pounds without slowing, can tank attacks like Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, and even hyper Beam with often little more than scuffed clothing. They are capable of bending other Pokemon to their wills in only a few hours of acquaintance, and their presence causes, for example, a Larvitar, whose evolution requires eating a mountain, to evolve in under five minutes of hatching.
>>
>>30611330
>1) What happens to Mons stored in the PC? Do they stay in limbo until a trainer decides to use them?
They are rented out to /pol/ in order to subsidize the upkeep of the PC
>>
Pokémon is not entirely based on our reality.
>>
>>30612165

Damn it im going to be stuck reading this for how fucking long now?
>>
File: 1480862657258.jpg (113KB, 610x481px) Image search: [Google]
1480862657258.jpg
113KB, 610x481px
>>30612287
>Because Human is the strongest pokemon type to exist
>People are still forcing Mat-Pat meme-theories
>>
Will people shut the fuck up about "the PC is like a coma for pokemon"? It's a way to store pokemon in pokeballs. Go talk about your shitty theories in the comments of a game theory video.
>>
>>30611330
1. Pelago

2. Not everyone has badges/HMs/completed a certain trial

3. if you're intelligent enough why do you still rely on other people to cook for you

4. because pokemon will defend you

5. you are the champ now you have the power to protect the people

6. it's not stealing it's just a wager. also not everyone are full-time trainers

7. >implying they aren't other companies that exist... there's many buildings we can't enter after all

8. there's law and govt in the real world and there's still crime org in this world

9. it's more of teaching them to accommodate your weight

10. nature healing with berries

11. pokeballs are quality japanese products folded over 1000 times they will never break. balls with higher catchrate were invented to help weaker trainers

12. this one is stupid on gamefreak's part because she was supposed to be the final evo of cubone

13. because they expect their pokemon to protect them instead, so fuck security. for buildings, too expensive for the necessary materials
>>
>>30612088

>11: The pokeball is not actually a space. It is a transporter device. You aren't actually "releasing" the pokemon from a ball, you are teleporting it to that location from the same storage space (in this case Poke pelago) it resides in while in the PC.

Source?
>>
File: 1473951403169.jpg (56KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1473951403169.jpg
56KB, 554x439px
>>30611330
1) They are transported somewhere else, like shown in the anime. The existence of Poke Pelago confirms that.

2) Fly/Surf can barely move a Trainer.

3) They get to fight stronger Pokemon, it's safer than being in the wild where other Pokemon can eat you, and they obey because they respect the Trainer. Silver was edgy, but he was never shown mistreating his Pokemon.

4) Because not everyone does? Most of the kids still live normal lives. It's just a few, who are strong, that travel alone. See the trio from BW. They didn't start their journey until they were 16.

5) Because the Legendaries allow them to. There's no time in any game where you can catch an important Legendary against its wishes.

6) Their parents support them as kids, they get jobs as adults. For some, even battle money is enough. There's also the money they get from Gym Battles. It's not going to make you rich unless you're a prodigy who never loses, but it can help you not starve.

7) Other company exist. We've only seen a few of them.

8) The existence of Interpol proves there is some sort of government system, but it's never been explored enough.

9) Game mechanic.

10) They go back to where they came from?

11) The Poke Ball becomes unusable. Presumably, the Pokemon either gets sent to the PC, or can't enter the Ball anymore. As for why do Balls with higher catch rate exist, it's because they work. A Trainer needs to earn the Pokemon's respect. Using a Master Ball should prove that he isn't a total noob. From a Pokemon's perspective, the stronger the ball, the stronger the trainer.

12) Because it's a game and they haven't give it a pre-evolution yet.

13) They do, though. Just because they don't have all of them running around doesn't mean they don't. And instead of assuming the buildings are weak, I would say the attack was too strong.
>>
>>30611330
There are some other things.

Like, what happens if you catch a predator, level it up to 100 and release it back into a region, where they usually don't exist? Will this biological invader fuck everything up?

Or if you catch a prey, max out his stats and release it? What will it do with the food chain?
>>
I was about to say something about the rape thing.

It's true.

I mean what if any decent trainer just went up to a minor, defeated them in battle and forced them to do their will or get hurt by said Pokemon.

I know in the show they want to show you that Pokemon can love but hey they still have their instincts. Wouldn't they just think "master is mating" not "oh no he's raping a minor I'd better step in"
>>
>>30613997
What if a real world adult goes up to a child, beats them up, and forces them to do their bidding?
This argument applies to the real world too. It's not a Pokemon World only problem. If anything, kids with Pokemon are safer.
>>
>>30613936
Uh, nothing much?
It's not like strong wild Pokemon don't exist. Levels are only a game mechanic. Even if a strong Pokemon is causing trouble, it's only a single Pokemon. Wild Pokemon that hunt in groups can take care of it.
>>
>>30611330
>1) What happens to Mons stored in the PC? Do they stay in limbo until a trainer decides to use them?
I think Poke Pelago is an attempt to explain they go somewhere enjoyable instead of literally in the PC; when you see the box screen it's more like a catalogue of you own Pokemon before they are teleported to you from a ranch or something.

>2) How does the transport industry stay afloat when you can fly/surf using your Pokemon?
Not everyone is a trainer, and even among trainers, there are different practices. If you ride a bike to work, you should compete in every bicycle race ever, right?

>3) If Pokemon's are highly intelligent (Yes they are don't try to prove me otherwise. They can understand human language ffs) why do they still rely on their trainers for food? Why do they obey their trainers? Especially if the latter are cruel and mistreats them? (See Silver when he was edgy)
They don't rely on trainers for shit, you have the OPTION to give them food if you want. Why do humans feed their pet cats? Their cat can go and catch shit if they want, but the human tends to prefer their company so they feed them to keep them closer.

>4) Why are Pokemon parents so criminally negligent? Why would they let their 10 year old kid go on adventure in a world where criminal organizations are everywhere and where you can get raped by swarms of magical creatures?
It's fantasy; these things may be normal in your world but in a GOOD world they are either super rare or nonexistent. Obviously the franchise can't properly talk about procreation because it's for kids.

>5)Why can you catch legendaries? E.g Island guardians who protect the people and the land
It's kinda fucked up how you, the player character, can catch the tapus ingame. I mean, they are the protectors of their respective islands. They protect the people from danger. They are not meant to be captured by an eleven year old kid
Because it's a game. It's not even canon, they're just there so you stop bitching.
>>
>>30614088
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nile_perch

Read the Lake Victoria part.
>>
Shouldnt things like Gardevoirs live in neolithic tribal groups?
>>
>>30613997
Animals dont rape humans unless they are dolphins.
>>
>>30614639
Yes, but it wasn't a single fish that was caused all of this.
If you release a bunch of Gyarados in a lake full of Goldeen, the Gyarados are going to eat them. But if you put a single Gyarados in a lake full of Goldeen, together, they stand a chance. Unlike animals, Pokemon have higher intelligence. They can at least identify a threat bigger than them. And unlike animals, each Pokemon, except for Magikarp, stand a fighting chance.
>>
File: Please.jpg (159KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Please.jpg
159KB, 1000x800px
>>30611330
1) Pelago or limbo I suppose, release your Pokémon.

2) Not everyone is a trainer, those people are good.

3) The Pokéball makes them, release your Pokémon.

4) It's the evil, pro-pokéball culture that make parents negligent. Release your Pokémon.

5) This is exactly what I'm talking about. Please release your Pokémon and especially if they're supposed to protect something.

6) There's an evil lobby that funds trainers so they can catch a lot of Pokémon. PLEASE, release your Pokémon.

7) As I said, it's an evil lobby, please release your Pokémon so the economy can be safe again.

8) Hidden around us, they don't care if it's a 10 year-old so long as he catches a lot of Pokémon to succeed. Please, please, release them.

9) You don't really, it's an evil market to block certain trainers from certain areas, and discriminate against certain Pokémon. Release them.

10) They are severly hurt. This is wrong. Stop hurting and catching them. Release them. Please.

11) The Pokémon is hurt, or dies. The Pokéball is evil, it forces Pokémon in there. There is no consent. Please ban Pokéballs and release your Pokémon.

12) Just a side effect of the constent in-breeding done by trainers, please release them this is horrible.

13) So Pokémon can be seen as evil, and be caught by anyone who wants. Release them, I implore you.
>>
>>30611330
1) Yes. After they are caught they are only released so they can fight.

2) They use Pokemon for their transport. Not everyone can catch Pokemon

3) Doing the opposite would be far worse

4) It's a rite of passage in the Pokemon world. Kinda like going to a camp. They have 3 months to complete it, before they have to return to school. If they run out of mones, it's back home for them and doing lab work for the rest of the Summer.

5) It is hinted throughout all the games, that the MC is a special kind of autist, that has a "special bond" with Pokemon. It comes at the cost of being unable to form any meaningful relationship with humans though. Kinda like N, only less fucked up. This special bond allows you to catch Pokemon others would not dare to dream about. Even literally Gods.

6) Yes, it's not just kids you are robbing. And if you lose, you have to give away the same amount of money to them. They run out of money they can still pick up lab work and try again after getting their paycheck.

7) They won't out of the goodness of their heart (yee sure). Also there is a corporation which is way more expensive (while ofering the same performances) and is only used by hipster and there is an open source project, which only hardcore Pokemaniacs use.

8) It is save to assume that crime.org has infiltrated the gov and the Pokemon league and do their best to sabotage them. Giovanni was a Gym leader, and a Flarist in Kalos was a part of the top 4.
>>
>>30611330
No one seems to be answering #5 but it's actually very possible for multiple people to have a legendary or even the same legendary Pokémon in the game. Think back to Heart Gold and Soul Silver. If/When you get an Arceus in the game an do the event at the Sinjoh Ruins, what happen? Answer: Arceus makes a new Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina to give to you. Therefore, it's save to assume that if a legendary Pokémon is super important to the balance of the world, Arceus will recognize that it has been captured and make a new one. Heck, Arceuse may even have made catchable copies of itself so that if some MC comes along, they can catch themselves an Arceus and go about their business. Think about it. If all of the non-mega evolution games happen in the same timeline, then how could a trainer in Sinnoh get Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf and then, years later, a trainer from Unova also catch a Uxie, Mesprit, or Azelf? Just remember though, the odds of encountering someone else with a legendary Pokémon are fairly slim as not every trainer has the strength to battle and catch one. The Tapus would probably get remade eventually and serve their respective Kahuna's again as they seem to be important to fending off the UB's that come to Alola.
>>
File: 1478908732300.png (560KB, 722x612px) Image search: [Google]
1478908732300.png
560KB, 722x612px
>>30612907
>People are still forcing Mat-Pat meme-theories

Is that some poke-tuber shit? I don't watch poke-tubers, and frankly if you do I think you're a bit of a twat. Especially for assuming everyone else does.

I just posted that because I find it funny that I can play with gods of time and space in Amie and Refresh.
>>
>>30614690
I wouldn't be surprised if chimpanzees would. Chimpanzees are basically the most vicious, evil creature on the planet.

They're humans, without the morals and with more war and penis eating.
>>
>>30611716
How do apricorns magically turn Pokemon into red energy and have a button and shit?
>>
>>30611365

9) they teach them to fly and surf without losing their cargo on the way.

10) they become easy prey. It helps making the local predators becoming lazy lowering their level over time. This is how Magicarps became so pathetic.

11)
-They can escape, but they may also get lasting damage from it.
- Some Pokemon are way sturdier to catch. Consent is a spook to shut those Pokemon rights group up.
- Also you have to ask yourself, how did people caught Pokemon during the middle ages, antiquity and so on. They probably used hollowed out melons, coconuts or something like that. Balls are a recent invention and like everything else, the cheaper the stuff they are made of, the lower the quality.

12) Originally Pokemon were genderless with the exception of the Nidorans. There was even a trainer on Gen 1 who asked whether males or females would be stronger if they had genders. It's hard to answer questions that are retconned. Before the eggs appeared the Baby Kangama developes it's own baby Kangama as a never ending cycle. because it's hardcoded in their genetics.

13) Good question. Why not use your own Pokemon to force yourself past them. I guess it has something to do with being forever disqualified from the tournament doing so, since the guards and the Pokemon league are cooperating. If you are in a crime.org you don't care about this shit.
>>
>>30614709
You think if I want to intentionally destabilise a region, I am just gonna do so with one Pokemon?
>>
>>30614817
nice post, i lold
>>
>>30615051
Isn't that exactly what you said in your original post?
Training an army of Pokemon to be strong isn't as easy as it is in the games. Just slapping an EXP Share on and challenging the E4 over and over again isn't going to cut it. Even if you do manage to do it, again, strong wild Pokemon do exist. Even if they're stronger than anything in the area, strong trainers exist, and they'll want an already trained Pokemon. If all else fails, the authorities can take care of this.
>>
>>30615144
Well you actually managed to answer the questions.

And since you got authorities involved, all there is left to do is to establish a criminal organisation which has the potential of being defeated by a 10 year old kid.
But come on! How often does this happen?
>>
>>30615183
The authorities have been shown to take actions against wild Pokemon that cause too much damage. Looker's incident, where one his team gets eaten by a UB, is the proof of that. The UB was causing damage, Interpol was sent to dispose of it.

As for 10 year old kids beating criminal organizations, short answer is that those kids are all prodigies.
It's highly unlikely, but somehow, a ridiculously strong trainer appears each time a criminal organization is up to something.
Not any 10 year old can defeat them.
Remember, each trainer that went up against those organizations is the Champion of his region. The strongest of their region. Except for Hilbert, who isn't a Champion, but still the Legendary Hero.

It shouldn't happen this often, but the same can be said for the criminal organizations. They shouldn't show up so often too, especially in a world where everyone is capable of defending themselves to some degree.
>>
Some things we can imply about the Pokemon universe

>>Most people arent as good as the player in games
>>Most people can barely handle one or two Pokemon
>>Some better trainers can handle more but usually only certain types that they specialize in
>>Even guys good enough for Victory road still dont have teams as fully competitive as the player can have
>>Virtually nobody has starters like the player who seems to get them as a sort of scholoship
>>
File: Karin.jpg (170KB, 750x1061px) Image search: [Google]
Karin.jpg
170KB, 750x1061px
>>30611330

Watch the first season of the fucking anime. The fucking professors have a wildlife camp for them that's is separated by trainer/species.

>2) How does the transport industry stay afloat when you can fly/surf using your Pokemon?

Not every trainer is gonna have a massive bird that can luggage their shit endlessly. Airplanes is for those that don't have bird pokemon same with surfing for those that don't have water pokemon. Especially when you are restricted to 6 pokemon.

Alakazam is extremely intelligent and even it allows itself to be caught. They obviously know something you don't.

>5)Why can you catch legendaries?

Just like other pokemon they obviously gain something from it.

>6) How do trainers sustain themselves? How do they support themselves financially? Stealing other kids' allowances doesn't seem very realistic.

Essentially everything is free besides some luxuries. The only way you can't sustain yourself is if you're stranded without a hint of help. Which has been seen in the anime.

>7) The economy of that world doesn't make sense! (See: Silph co's MONOPOLY).What happens if silph co decides to jack up all the prices?

They have their own economy. Also they aren't corrupt because they know that some goody two shoes will pop up and throw some fucking pokemon their way that can rape their asshole.

>8) Where is the law? Where is the government?Why is it always a 10 year old kid that defeats the crime org in his region?

What is officer jenny. Who is looker...
>>
>>30611592
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>30611330
Let's give you my (you)

1- They are converted into data by the power of science is amazing. Pelago will only stay this gen, so it's just a cute way of showing something else, but how everything works seems to indicate that. Also, videogame logic I guess.

2- Pokemon are less comfortable and probably can't travel too much before they're tired. They may be superpowered creeps, but they're not immune to fatigue. So same reason why we replace horses with cars.

3- I kinda agree and kinda disagree with your point, but I guess the most acceptable thing is the friendly relationship bullshit.

4- Different world, different culture. Who knows if it's a good idea to stay in school or not. Who knows at which age you start studying for a profession other than Pokemon Trainer. I mean, Roxanne is a teacher as she doesn't look like she is 20, same with Roark being some cave dweller while being on his late teens.

5- Most legendaries are caught post game, so I'm pretty sure them getting caught isn't canon except the ones that are forced in-story.

6- Guess it's kinda tied to 4. We don't know enough to know if 200 pokedollars are like 2 real life dollars, 20 or 200.

7- Devon exists too :^) But the pokemon world seems too happy and most evil dudes are quickly taken care of.
>>
>>30611574
That's why there's a 4 move limit
>>
>>30615581
8- This is a complain I always had until Unova happened. Why do I have to battle these fags alone when Flannery is near to this volcano? Why is Misty not helping the people that got robbed right under her nose? Why the fuck is Bugsy not slicing that fucker at his door with his Scyther and aid the Slowpokes and Kurt? I guess they should be more proactive in showing what the fuck a Leader/Captain does outside the gym, because it's highly unrealistic that those guys with special status on the city don't do jackshit when there's trouble going on.

9- As several anons said above, you have to teach a horse how to carry a person irl too, so that's why HM exists.

10- They stay there until they wake up, unless you hit them too hard.

11- I guess the mon is free.

12- Pretty sure she was meant to be someone's evolution.

13- Pokemon Generations is a mistake. And I guess security is lax because the world is peaceful before the game starts and the regional team starts doing things.
>>
>>30611365
>9) Why do we need to teach bird Pokemon how to fly? Why do we need to teach a water Pokemon how to swim? (See: HMS fly & surf)

I'll explain it to you because you seem to overlook a simple concept and I didn't have enough text to bring it up with your 3rd question.

Remember pokemon are limited to 4 moves and wild pokemon enjoy prioritizing on weak shit like leer and growl. So a flying pokemon will end up with peck/gust instead of learning Fly which is essentially learned once they reach a high level.

>10) When a trainer level grinds, What happens to wild Pokemon after you faint them?

They are essentially resting unless they get eaten/killed. In which they just seem to transform into a ghost pokemon instead.

>11) What happens if you accidentally break a Pokeball that's containing a Pokemon? Also, if Pokemon really consent to be captured by a strong trainer (Like the games and anime want us to believe), why do balls with higher catchrates exist?

My guess would be that if it does happen it will just need to be registered to another pokeball device which would be done through your PC.

As for consent there really isn't much. Some pokemon want to prove yourself. Using different pokeballs with better catch rates just shows persistence which is a trait that's part of proving yourself. Just how bad do you want something and what lengths will you go to obtain it. That's all it is.

Keep in mind that even if a masterball removes consent that doesn't mean a pokemon will be loyal and obedient.

>13) Why is the security in that world so shit? Even security guards don't have Pokemon.

Because there's no absolutes in pokemon. Even if they spent resources trying to use barrier as a material you'll just see assholes with fighting pokemon using brick break.
>>
So many idiots ITT..

Your headcannons don't mean shit
>>
>>30612370
>unless the pokedex just straight up lies to you.
I really hope it is otherwise there are A LOT more questions to be asked with way more difficult answers.
>>
>>30617857
like how the entire species of Macargo haven't made the earth uninhabitable ball of fire?
>>
>>30611592
Your arrogance to point out flaws is unbearable
This thread would have been good if you weren't an insufferable and cocky bastard
>>
File: The Ultimate Life Form Robbie.jpg (315KB, 1325x2048px) Image search: [Google]
The Ultimate Life Form Robbie.jpg
315KB, 1325x2048px
>>30618160
>This thread would have been good if you weren't an insufferable and cocky bastard
>This thread would have been good
>thread would have been good
>implying there will ever be a good thread in /vp/
>>
>>30611330

because you have autism
>>
>>30611365
because the devs thought about game mechanics before making a game
>>
>>30618451
And people wonder why everyone is angery on here
>>
>>30618566
personally, I blame the meta.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.