[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Team Planner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: team.png (341KB, 1647x383px) Image search: [Google]
team.png
341KB, 1647x383px
Hey everyone, I have not played Pokemon since I 100%'d Gold on GBC way back. Now I'm really interested in getting back with Sun and Moon.

I want to have a somewhat competitive team but have no idea how to start with creating one. I basically picked my favorite Pokemon based on their designs and have come up with pic related.

Can anyone please help me figure out how I can make this team good? Thank you so much!

Please post your teams as well.
>>
please..
>>
>>30608123
Looks like a cool team.

You have a triple weakness to Electric. Best carry Earthquake on Eggy and Gigalith. If you get Sand Stream on Gigalith it would help it tank Thunderbolts, but the sand doesn't help anyone else on your team... so maybe Sturdy would be better.

Everything on your team is "slow." This isn't the end of the world, but if you end up switching out one member (you can't get Type: Null until after you beat the game, for instance), I would suggest you find a cool-looking fast mon to help your team out.
>>
Hello anon,
I am no expert myself, but teams are usually composed of:
1 or 2 wall Pokemon ('mons with either high defense/special defense, or both if you're lucky)

1 setter (Pokemon that sets stealth rocks, sticky webs, trick room, other shenanigans).

2 sweepers ('mons with super high speed to hit first and really high attack/ special attack).

switchero 'mon (Pokemon with baton pass to transfer swords dance or some other status increasing move).

Type coverage 'mon (a Pokemon whose main role in your team is to cover for a type weakness your team might have). (For example, your team might have some trouble with electric Pokemon).

There are many different ways to build your team, but this one usually works. If you want to be a lazy bastard just copy one of the top teams in the meta game, but that is no fun.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>30608123
Your team is really slow and physically oriented. You need a special sweeper.
>>
>>30608432
Oh, and I used

Decidueye
Muk
Mudsdale
Golisopod
Oranguru
Minior

My team was also full of slow mons. I started out using Charjabug, but swapped it out for Minior because I had nothing to resist Flying and I had nothing fast. Minior solved both problems.

Decidueye is okay but it's no Greninja.
>100 Special Attack
>No special moves
Blunder of the century.
>>
>>30608432
Thank you so much for your advice, I will follow your advice and look for a faster Pokemon to replace Type:Null. I will make sure to go Sturdy for Gigalith. Again, I really appreciate your awesome advice.

>>30608492
Fantastic! I will follow your guidelines as a foundation to building my team, this is great information thank you! Your team looks like incredible, Tsareena seems so good with her ability to stop priority moves. This really helps!
>>
>>30608550
Slowking. It even gets Nasty Plot. Exeggutor has fucking 125 Special attack. Both can learn Flamethrower. He's fine.
>>
File: 1481129748497.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1481129748497.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>30608605
No worries bro
>>
>>30608492
You don't need entry hazards unless you're playing 6vs6 singles, aka Showdown. They are mostly useless in all VGC or Battle Spot formats.

You don't need bulky mons if you run hyper offense.

Basically most of your advice is irrelevant, especially for in-game teams.
>>
>>30608745
>3 No.30608605 ▶>>30608705
>>>30608432
>Thank you so much for your advice, I will follow your advice and look for a faster Pokemon to replace Type:Null. I will make sure to go Sturdy for Gigalith. Again, I really appreciate your awesome advice.
>>>30608492 (You)
>Fantastic! I will follow your guidelines as a foundation to building my team, this is great information thank you! Your team looks like incredible, Tsareena seems so good with her ability to stop priority moves. This really helps!
>>>
> Anonymous 12/07/16(Wed)20:57:25 No.30608638 ▶
>>>30608550
>Slowking. It even gets Nasty Plot. Exeggutor has fucking 125 Special attack. Both can learn Flamethrower. He's fine.
>>>
> Anonymous 12/07/16(Wed)20:59:44 N
The man is barely starting, and 6vs6 is usually the way that goes.

"You don't need bulky mons if you run hyper offense." Lol. Say that to Toxapex.

The advice is as relevant as how OP wants to play. You can literally beat the game with just your starter if you want to. The game is slightly harder than others in the series, but it's still fucking Pokemon.
>>
>>30608638
>Slowking. It even gets Nasty Plot.
It's slow as fuck and has a ton of common weaknesses.
>Exeggutor has fucking 125 Special attack.
It's also slow as fuck, but Exeggutor has to run run a mixed set and is thus shit.
>Both can learn Flamethrower. He's fine.
I'm not sure why you think that's so relevant.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.