[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to fix Wonder Trad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: capapokemon[1].jpg (52KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
capapokemon[1].jpg
52KB, 640x300px
>24 hour ban if you Wonder Trade a common/low level shitmon
>Permanent ban if you Wonder Trade a Yungoos
>>
fix that festival plaza garbage first.
>>
>>30607394
How can they go from the perfection that was PSS to Festival Plaza.
>>
>cannot WT nicknamed pokemon
>cannot receive the same species from WT twice in 30 minutes
fixed.
>>
>>30607379
A realistic fix I think would be that a Pokemon has a wondertrade "limit". Like a Pokemon can't go though wondertrade more than 3 times.
>>30607421
I like this idea as well.
>>
I'd say to make trades based on a rarity value or something, but then I'd get ripped of when I trade out my smeargles that have payday and happy hour. That shit was hard to make man.
>>
How about this, you cannot wonder trade any Pokemon under level 50 unless:

The Pokemon came from the island scan.
The Pokemon has a hidden ability.
The Pokemon has at least one egg move
The Pokemon has at least one 31 IV.
>>
>ITT let's strip WT if its selling point
>>
how about
>can't wondertrade a newly caught poke for 24 hours
>can't recycle a received wonder mon for 24 hours
that should clean it up nicely
>>
>>30607379

Remove direct trading and replace it with a storage database. Every WT Pokemon goes into a single communal pool, and then whenever someone sends a new Pokemon in they get a weighted random selection from that pool. It's weighted to prevent Abras from having a 50% chance to get pulled on account of being the majority of what's in the database.

You can still give people the "illusion" of direct trades if you want.
>>
>>30607796
THIS.
>>
>>30607796

Pretty sure plenty of people just use Wonder Trade to get rid of their breedjects/extras.
>>
>>30607421
>>cannot receive the same species from WT twice in 30 minutes

Way to kill it considering 99% of anything good is someone else's breeding leftovers.
>>
>>30608034

>let me trade my rejects for your rejects

It's pretty daft all around.
>>
Make it post-game only.
>>
>>30607379
This >>30607928 except add a hidden karma system that tends to give you better Pokemon if you WT Pokemon with HA, good IVs, rare balls, and/or egg moves.
>>
>>30607379
>the level of the pokemon you trade is matched in a range for the one you receive
>1-20, 21-40, 41-60, 61-80, 81-100
>commons for commons
>uncommons for uncommons
>etc
>>
>>30608061
There's 300 pokemon in the alola dex. Are you saying it's impossible for more than 10 of them to be circulating wonder trade at a given time?
>>
>>30607379
>can only WT pokemon that match your ID
There. Fixed. Fuck people who just keep wonder trading the same slot over and over.
>>
How about this instead:

>Wonder Trade now prefers trades in which neither party has the other's pokemon
>>
>>30608355
This. That way you can still get breedjects but don't have to worry about little timmy trading off his ratata
>>
>>30608968
Pretty good
>>
>ITT: People who want good stuff from wonder trade instead of its true purpose: free FC generator and occasional hacked shiny machine.
>>
>>30612286
You get more FC by just talking to people in the plaza every now and then.
>>
>>30612157
>>30607379
>my first experience on wonder trade
can't wait any longer
>all those rattatas and abras
JUST
>>
>>30608034
>do this
>end up filling up more starting entries in my pokedex that I missed playing the game
160 entries in and I havent even started fleshing out my living dex
>>
>Cannot trade any Pokemon caught in a Quick Ball
>>
Ban all gooks.
>>
When are the best times to dump your breedjects into WT?
>>
File: let it end.jpg (51KB, 460x400px) Image search: [Google]
let it end.jpg
51KB, 460x400px
>>30612742
>inner focus abra
>>
>>30612286
free FC generator

When would anyone use Wonder Trade for this when it only gets you like 2 FC per minute?
>>
>>30607379
Japs can only trade with other japs
>>
>>30607401
I have no clue how have its shit works. Some people give you questions everyone else says hi. I only used it twice.
>>
>>30607379
enjoy my yungoos named Trump & my snorlax's name yur-a-fat
>>
>Public execution if you trade an Inner Focus Abra

This one's for Pearl Harbor you dirty slant eyes.
>>
Traded 4 boxes of 4-5 IV Gibles with jolly natures in beast balls.

I did my part to make WT great again.
>>
>>30614449
Now the question is, what did you get in return?
>>
All it needs is a better way to do shit in the background. In addition to sending mons in one at a time for an instant trade, there should be a Wonder Box. Fill it up with 1-30 mons and 1-2 hours later all the mons in it will be traded away server side like a GTS system.

Speaking of GTS, we need to upgrade it to a battle box style system where you can have up to 6 offers up at once, and purge offers that have been up longer than 48 hours without any takers. Plus would be nice for the system to play matchmaker for you so that if you put up say a Litten looking for a Rowlet, the first thing the server will do is check if there is an active offer that fits the trade and will make it for you instantly.
>>
>>30614465
I got a perfect IV moonrune Gible in a lux ball with adamant nature and a 5IV Mimikyu in a beast ball.

Everything else was Wingul, abra, and Yungoos
>>
Here, I figured it out.

If you WT a Pokemon you caught on a route, then you'll get a Pokemon that was also caught on a route. If you WT a Pokemon that you bred, you'll get a Pokemon that was also bred.

A shitmon for a shitmon, a Breedject for a Breedject. Everyone wins.
>>
>>30607928
I like the storage database idea, especially if you can mass-trade breed rejects.
>>
>>30607379
I just want to do multiple trades without going back in and selecting wonder trade every time.
>>
File: 1469675693662.jpg (18KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
1469675693662.jpg
18KB, 500x441px
>>30614626
Fucking this

How hard is it to include a screen asking "Would you like to trade again?"
>>
all i want is a bounsweet in a love/friend ball but all im getting for my breedjects are shitmons from route1
>>
>>30607379
> ITT: people who miss the point of WT

It's a random trade with a random person. Not knowing what you'll get is part of the fun. It's not supposed to guarantee you of anything since you're at the mercy of the person on the other end.

Wonder Trade is fine.
>>
>>30614972
but it doesnt stop assholes like me going to route 1 and getting shitmons for breedjects :^)
>>
File: DEVILISH 2.jpg (14KB, 258x196px) Image search: [Google]
DEVILISH 2.jpg
14KB, 258x196px
>tfw I trade only quickball Abras on WT but give them a rare item that I snagged using my Compound Eyes Butterfree first

I wonder if anyone even notices
>>
>>30614668
Pokemon loves that.

Just look at all the NPCs you have to interact with constantly that have the same superfluous dialogue chain of 5 or 6 prompts, every time you talk to them.

I think my favorite is the Battle Royal, where you can show up with your team already ready, but you have to confirm you want to participate, select the premade, select individually every pokemon in the premade, confirm them all, confirm your confirmation and listen to the bitch rattle on about it a couple more times, get stopped at the door and told you're participating, THEN the shit starts. When all you really need to do is have the game check your current party to see if it's viable and send you in. One step turned into more than a dozen steps. And the best part is, if you accidentally hit the cancel button during any part of it, it kicks you out completely and you start over.

Made BP suicide farming real fun.
>>
>>30607379
Easy.

>Wonder trade with people in the same 'progression' brackets as you
>ie: you've completed the 3rd gym, so your trade range is with people who have completed the 2nd and 4th gym
>post-game trades with other post-game or after they've completed the 8th gym

and bam, you just segregated all the shitmon to players in the early game.
>>
>>30615018
So fucking what? It's supposed to be random. I sometimes catch a shitmon and WT it over and over untill I get something nice.
>>
The way to fix Wonder Trade is by banning fags who think they are entitled to get a good Pokemon out of it
>>
>>30607379
BUT what if I want a yungoos?
>>
Why do so many people in this thread think wondertrade should just be a free good pokemon dispenser?
>>
>>30615380
>free
Because most people here are trading Pokemon they put some time into breeding while shitheads keep sending out things that aren't useful to anyone or even sending back garbage they received instead of releasing it.
>>
>>30615606
That's no-one's fault but your own.
It's meant to be random. Enjoy my Abras, Zubats, and Pikipeks I suppose.
>>
>>30615231

I think all of that wasn't nearly as bad as having to watch the same fifty billion years long introduction sequence every fucking time.

I swear, out of one hour of grinding for BP in the battle royale, 50 minutes are spent talking with the NPC and watching a fucking cutscene.
>>
>>30612386
nope, wonder trading is the fastest method for getting fc
>>
>>30614504
I've been dumping 4-5 IV Beast Ball Mimikyu into WT all day, I've got 20 boxes of them to get through.

So far I've gotten what appears to be an injected 6IV Solgaleo with a Gold Bottle Cap, a Magnezone with Pokerus, a Pheromosa (pretty sweet considering I'm on Sun) and a bunch of stuff for the pokedex.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.