[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>metagame taken over by ultra beasts and tapus Miss me yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 10

File: talonshit.png (252KB, 1024x717px) Image search: [Google]
talonshit.png
252KB, 1024x717px
>metagame taken over by ultra beasts and tapus

Miss me yet?
>>
No, you were turbo cancer who's very presence invalidated all but the most exceptional of Grass, Fighting, and Bug type pokemon. I'd take 2 generations of Tapu and UB cancer if it meant I'd never have to see you again.
>>
nope, because unlike you, I can easily drum up numerous counters to any singular UB or Tapu, whereas I had to make sure any of my physical attacker mons, my bugs and fighting types, and anything else that hated WoW got off the field, while I switched in my equally cancerous Scarfed Lando.

plus, there are 10 of them in total not counting Guzzlord and they all aren't on every single team.
>>
>>30604870
Most of the Ultras have 4x weakness except for the electric one and the Tapu's have easy counters. Fuck off bravest bird I have some tactical sneaky pebbles with your name on it.
>>
>>30604870
>>metagame taken over by ultra beasts
.. yeah, what? celesteela is the only relevant one.
>>
>>30604870
>Mudkip used Rock Throw!
>>
>>30604870
Faggot, do you even know how tiers work?
>>
>>30604870
Am I the only person who think all legendaries should be removed from OU? They crowd out almost every other pokemon
>>
File: df.png (25KB, 362x336px) Image search: [Google]
df.png
25KB, 362x336px
BRAVE
>>
>>30607422
That's retarded.
>>
>>30605161
>>30605185
>bugfags

Kek, it feels so good to know that you cancerous shits will never get a chance to shine, stay mad, cucks.
>>
File: conk vs birb.png (575KB, 1485x1050px) Image search: [Google]
conk vs birb.png
575KB, 1485x1050px
>>30604870
no. rot in whatever new hell you are in. good fucking riddance
>>
>>30607422
Beyond retarded.
>>
>>30607474
Are you mad that scizor is more viable than your shitbird?
>>
>>30607470
your retarded
they limit the options.
>>
>>30607474
I think you should take a break from posting.
>>
>>30607422

go be retarded somewhere else
>>
>>30607574
Legendary is not a good metric to determine if something is too powerful. Some legendaries are downright awful.
>>
>>30607574
>lets ban all legendaries, even the garbage ones like regigigas, because they have a meaningless title attached to them.
(You)
>>
Why aren't Ultra Beasts and Legendaries banned? Wouldn't that make things more interesting?
>>
>>30607474
le_swedish_model_face.jpg
>>
>>30607719
yes it would
but we have these fags
>>30607688
>>30607686
>>
>>30607574
>>30607422
>your
OH GOD I FORGOT ABOUT REGIGIGAS HOW WILL ANYONE STOP THIS MONSTER?
>>
>>30607474
>hating on the founding fathers of pokemon
>>
File: k.jpg (18KB, 251x249px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
18KB, 251x249px
>>30604870
nope, because Tapus don't guarantee I'll need to get one pokemon KO'd to take them down. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Smogon Bird
>>
>>30607767
i bet you would try to defend scarf kyurem
>>
>>30607767
If you think regigigas is bad, watch out for this monster
>>
>>30607767
so regigigas was designed for double battles
>>
>>30607719
>>30607735
Then you're still going to bitch about psuedo-legendaries such as Garchomp and Salamence and Metagross. Let's not forget their Mega Evolutions, either.

Just because you ban a whole slew of Pokemon doesn't make the meta any more healthier. Bans are only reserved for extreme cases where a Pokemon is too centralizing.
>>
I'm glad to be free. I don't have to use that fucking washing machine just to stop this thing guaranteed.
>>
>>30607915
>too centralizing
>no wash ban
now you're just pulling shit out of your ass
>>
are you autistic fucks actually attempting to talk to a fictional bird?

hes not actually listening to you retards he doesnt exist
>>
>>30607994
In what universe is Rotom Wash "too centralizing"? I don't think you understand what the term means.
>>
>>30607422
That's basically UU now.
>>
File: 1477325186248.png (47KB, 200x176px) Image search: [Google]
1477325186248.png
47KB, 200x176px
>>30607994
>Implying Rotom-W is centralizing in any way
Look at this fucking doofus
>>
>>30607847
>Articuno is bad
>therefore we should allow all the other legendaries to overcentralize the meta
>>
>>30607574
>Oh, shit, Articuno, Registeel, and Cobalion are running rampant in the meta, better ban all legendaries to sate my autism!
>>
>>30608068
wait... shit. youre right dude.
>>
>>30608049
Not that guy, but can someone explain to me exactly what it means to be too centralizing? Is it like a Pokemon being so common and hard to deal with that you have to build teams either around it or specifically to beat it? That's my basic understanding of it.
>>
>>30608084
So then just ban the legendaries that DO overcentralize instead of calling for a blanket ban like a fucking retard?
>>
File: Heatran.jpg (27KB, 375x238px) Image search: [Google]
Heatran.jpg
27KB, 375x238px
>>30604870
yes. I miss you you were my favorite bitch
>>
>>30608105
Pretty much. It's used SO much that it warps the entire metagame around it so that any serious team has to use it, have counters to it, and have counters to those counters.
>>
>>30608092
So long as they don't ban all the fun stuff again (Drought/Drizzle for two) it should be a good tier, way better than OU.
>>
>>30608091
>>30608084

>azelf, diancie, heatran, jirachi, Keldeo, kyurem, landorus, latias, latios, manaphy, mew, raikou, Thunderous, Tornadus, volcanion, and zapdos
are you stupid fucks even trying? i'm loling so hard right now.
>>
>>30607574
>Ban legendaries
Oh, no, Pseudolegendaries and megas are too powerful, they need to be banned because they limit options!
>Ban Pseudos and Megas
Oh, no, three stage Pokemon are too powerful, they need to be banned because they limit options!
>Ban three stage pokemon
Oh, no, pokemon with no evolutions, and second stage pokemon are too powerful, they need to be banned because they limit options!
>Ban single stage and second stage Pokemon
Oh, no, Eviolite is too powerful! It needs to be banned because it limits options!
>Bans eviolite
Oh, no, Pokemon are too powerful, they need to be banned because they limit options
>Bans everything
There, now my meta is comfy and healthy.
>>
>>30608173
hell yeah man. i think i prefer uu much more this gen, it looks really fun
>>
>>30608105
Pretty much
But sometimes is just than is just good and easy to use so people use it a lot even when isnt broken, Landorus-t was everywhere for his utility, checking many phisical mons, but cannot win games by itself most of the time, but is common as hell and is boring to fight agaisnt
>>
>>30608105
Basically.

Aegislash was centralizing because it dictated how you built your teams. Tons of stuff run Earthquake when there were better options. Things like Jirachi and Lati@s were used rarely. Things like Mandibuzz and Bisharp were used more often.
>>
>>30608203
I honestly cant tell what youre trying to prove here
Most of those are either uu shitmons or merely decent with a few outliers.
>>
>>30605161
FUCKING
D
E
L
E
T
E

T
H
I
S

GEN 6 IS KINO!
>>
>>30608289
>this stupid
everything i named is OU
>>
>>30608289
it proves that a large chunk of the meta is legends and only pokemon that can compete with them. Are you slow?
>>
>>30604870
Nope. Fuck off garbage bird.
>>
>>30607719

Because the only Ultra Beasts that have any chance of getting banned are Pheromosa to Ubers and Xuritree/Nihilego to BL.
>>
>>30608332
Play UU if you dislike actually good pokemon then.
>>
>>30608332
Kyurem had 0.2% usage in OU.
Torkoal had 0.3%
>>
>>30608315
Well yeah, Legendaries are mostly gonna be better than your average pokemon. But there is nothing inherently banworthy about them. Plenty of legends are shitmons. And of those you listed, sure they're OU, but so what? Should we ban all the pokemon in OU? What would be the point?
>>
>>30608370
>still legends in UU and only pokemon that can compete with them
>>30608387
post source
>>
>>30608412
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2016-10/ou-0.txt

Non legends do fine.
>>
>>30608401
let me help you
>>30607574
>>
>>30608105
Basically. Mega-Fug is the perfect example.

Mega-Fug is so powerful that not using is handicapping yourself. It can sweep almost any team by itself.
Mega-Fug has a very narrow list of counters (Checks, really) that you need to run if you want to take down Mega-Fug, while preserving your Mega-Fug to win with.
You need to counter, trap, or play around those counters to the opponents Mega Fug so that his Fug has nothing protecting it from your counters/checks.

An overcentralized meta means that one pokemon is so powerful, that the game becomes entirely about having it, keeping yours alive, and making the other person's dead. A common symptom of an overcentralized meta is a pairing of the pokemon causing the overcentralization, and the best counter to it.
>>
>>30608434
how does the top used pokemon being legendary help your argument?
>>
>>30607915
BAN EVERYTHING BUT SLOW DEFENSIVE ICE TYPES
>>
>>30608461
The 10 mons after it aren't legends.
>>
>>30608166
so like lando and wash
>>
>>30608440
No they don't. Legends aren't inherently more viable than any other OU mon. In the competitve scene, the classification of "legendary" is completely arbitrary, because it doesn't matter one bit.
>>
File: shootmebundy.jpg (15KB, 289x217px) Image search: [Google]
shootmebundy.jpg
15KB, 289x217px
With every bullet so far
>>
>>30608464
*gen 2 gimmickmons
>>
>>30608517
I see plenty of teams that don't use those two and do fine.
>>
>>30608412
>suicune
>celebi
>entei
>Cresselia
>cobalion
>kyurem
>tornadus
>shaymin

Those are 8 legendaries in the S/A/B ranks of UU, ranks which in total contain 77 pokemon. So roughly 1/11 pokemon in UU is a legend. The tier is not exactly saturated with legendaries. In SuMo it's impossible to tell right now what UU will look like, but it'll still be predominately normal pokemon.

And if you seriously hate legendaries so much there's RU, NU and PU.
>>
ITT legend fags try to validate their crutch
>>
>>30604870
Actually I do.
When you were around, I was able to run fucking Machamp of all pokemon and make reads and kill you as the trainer sent you.
Now?
Fairies everywhere.
Can't fucking use Fighting types unless they are ultra beasts anymore.
>>
>>30608517
They're not centralizing in that they're not difficult to prepare for and don't dictate the viability of several pokemon. If your team gets wrecked by Lando-T it would probably get wrecked by other ground types as well, there's nothing super special about Lando-T, it's just a good bulky pivot.
>>
>>30608105
Have you ever heard how Gen 4 was Garchomp, Garchomp Counter, Garchomp Counter Counter, Garchomp Counter Counter Counter, Garchomp Counter Counter Counter Counter and Garchomp Counter Counter Counter Counter?

That's when something is centralizing. When the whole damn meta revolves around a Pokemon to such a point the game becomes about who gets rid of that Pokemon first and whoever does is nearly guaranteed to win because of how good that Pokemon is in general.

I'll use an example of another people people cry for banning because he's "centralizing" because it gets high usage: Landorus-T. He's super duper good? Of course. Do you have to go out of your way to not have at least one thing that will completely buttfuck him be it offensively or defensively? Chances are that you have something that'll be able to check it one way or another while making your team normally. Ergo, he's not centralizing despite such big usage.
>>
What is this autism against legendaries? In a competitive setting the title is meaningless, what matters is the pokemon's stats and usage, not it's superficial title.
>>
>>30604870
I like UBs and most Tapus.
>>
>>30605161
Except now it's even worse for all those types with the exception of Grass, who still gets destroyed by Celesteela
>>
>>30608211
I need a tier of just Caterpie, Cosmog and Magikarp
Weedle is broken
>>
>>30604870
No, I'm fine with UB Meta but dear God Celesteela is obnoxious. I really wish tryhards would just forfeit when it gets hit with Soak, it literally can not kill anything without Steel Stab
>>
File: 1442199673345.jpg (47KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
1442199673345.jpg
47KB, 425x425px
>he doesnt make an OU team without legends
>>
>>30608517

Nope.

You don't need counters to Lando-T or Wash as they can't win games by themselves or completely invalidated a playstyle. It hepls if you have counters and checks, but if you walk in a match with no Lando-T or Wash counters, you can still win by simply outplaying the other opponent.

Blaziken in OU is overcentralizing because no one wants to carry Talonflame, Slowbro, Azumarill and Prankster support with their own Blaziken. If you didn't have a Blaziken Counter, a Blazike Check and then a Blaziken Counter-Counter, you basically just lost.

Another example is BP chaining. BP chaining at it's highest was basically unstoppable without stupid amounts of luck. Even a team thats tailored made to counter BP chain teams with haze, and unaware mons up the wazoo and phasing only worked half the time as BP chain could easily outstall, seeing as Baton Pass has SIXTY FOUR pp. Times that by six, and the other team will struggle itself to death before even two of your pokemon run out of BP.

Mega Gengar for another example, when it was in OU, completely invalidated stall. It's mere presence made an entire playstyle useless, as stall could literally do nothing to Mgar, hence it got banned.
>>
>>30608552
Hyper Offense Specs/Scarf Unown or Bulky Offense Leftovers/Assvest Unown?
>>
>>30608646
It's 6 years old syndrome genwunner mentality.

The anime and other media make legendaries sound like super duper strong beings, which they actually lore-wise. The games, the actual game, the numbers game, fail to properly portray this because high BST doesn't automatically makes you good as there's tons of other factors like distribution, abilities and movepool.

But as you may imagine, 99% of the people bitching about legendaries don't play comp at all but the dumber and more ignorant people are about a certain topic the louder their opinions are and the more often they want to spout crap.
>>
>>30608603
>nothing special
only the hardest hitting ground type outside of mega garchomp and groudon
>>
>>30608434
>Talonflame is still in the top ten
To answer the OP:
I feel like you never left me, Bravest Bird.
>>
>>30608721
Choice items, Assault Vest, and lefties are too OP. Gotta pick between Muscle Band, Wise Glasses, Expert Belt, Status Berry (Not Lum you tryhard motherfucker), and the type boosters.
>>
>>30608571
this guy gets it
>>
>>30608762
Aren't those ORAS stats?
>>
I can't be the only one that actually liked bravest birb.
>>
>>30608788
You are right.
I guess I have brain damage.
>>
>>30608748
>15 more attack than base garchomp
Again, it's not that special
>>
>>30608748
Nobody's saying Landorus isn't good. But you don't have to go out of your way to make sure your team isn't gonna get assraped by it. If you build a proper, solid team, chances are you will have something that checks it.
>>
>>30608748
Mega Swampert is stronger.
>>
>>30608748
>no recovery
>no real secondary STAB Z-move Fly cancer-bros ww@?
>Thick Club Marowak hits harder but no one cares about regular Marowak
If you can't deal with Ground-types, ESPECIALLY physical ones, your team is shit. That's all there is to it. If Lando-T shrekts your ass, then Garchomp will probably run a train up there as well. If you can't break the Tiger of Healthy Meta, then guess what, Gliscor and Hippowdon are going to give you fits.
>>
>>30608806
It's my second favourite regional bird behind Staraptor
>>
File: Talonflame used Brave Bird.webm (3MB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
Talonflame used Brave Bird.webm
3MB, 640x361px
>>30608806
I liked him for random stuff and screwing around with him against AI and buddies, but I admit the saw more play than he should've.

Gale Wings was a mistake, but that hard of a nerf was a mistake, too.
>>
>>30608822
>intimidate
>>30608879
you don't have to counter it it can just scarf uturn for free heavy damage
>>30608902
>5 points
sure except life orb
>>30608959
what? none of those guys have intimidate U turn and massive attack

you cant validate this
>>
>>30609117
How would you have nerfed it?
>>
>>30609159
Works @ 50% HP and higher. That way you can get one maybe two good Brave Birds off and then you're done. Maybe more, but being able to go "I'm Yellow/Red, I can't Gale Wings anymore" would be a good visual cue. A binary 100/0 on/off switch is fucking stupid, though, especially with how prevalent entry hazards are. If GF wanted to do a nerf in order to shake up competitive, they could've done it much better.

The problem is that without Gale Wings, Talonflame is basically a wasted slot. He only had the priority Flying-type moves going for him outside of being a good Breeding partner.
>>
>>30609280
>Flying-type moves going for him outside of being a good Breeding partner.
And even there, Bird is surpassed by Boober.
>>
>>30609325
Volcarona is better because it has access to Fly.
>>
>>30609146
>My mom's bulky water used scald or ice beam!
Woooooooow such a horrible threat send it to AG!
>>
>>30604870
REMOVE TAPU BULU

Not because it's overpowered, but because Grassy Terrain makes games feel like they last forever.
>>
>>30609528
Boober is better because it is Boober.
>>
>>30605274

Are you retarded they're all viable.
>>
>>30609280
>>30609117
The problem's not BB spam. Truth be told CBflame was not really popular at the end of Gen 6 as it was at the beginning of it - you saw more of the bulkyflame set that invested in sp def, attack, and had one of the fastest WoWs and the fastest Roost in the game.

What the 100/0 nerf does is force Tflame to play very carefully around priority, and make its previous bulk set more of a traditional 252/252 in Atk/Spe. CB sets with BB will be probably be nice revenge killers. It'll most likely be RU, where it should have been in the first place.

Tl;dr the nerf was actually pretty good and didb't completely kill its viability overall
>>
>>30607474
At least Bug will always be better than Ice.
>>
>>30605161
Literally just described sneaky pebbles, faggot. Kys
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.