[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is your favorite rival in the series? Least favorite?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Platinum_Barry.png (1MB, 1500x2700px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum_Barry.png
1MB, 1500x2700px
Who is your favorite rival in the series?

Least favorite?
>>
>>30602365
Favorite? Silver
Least Favorite? Serena
>>
>>30602365
hau, gladion or blueen.

may/brendan and gen 6 squads
>gen 3, they just give up halfway through
>its ok tho, wally's cool
>ORAS changes his sig mon
>SM does it again

>gen6
>>
Least favorite

Barry
>>
>>30602365
>there will be people in this thread who count Wally and N as rivals
>there will be people in this thread who will say that those are their favorite rivals

I like Barry, don't know why people don't

It's the "fun guy" rival done right, with a good design and stronk team, unlike Hau.
>>
favourite - Barry
least favourite - the Kalos Cunts
>>
>>30602468
Exactly, Barry had the right contrast of bro/rival and provided a challenge.

Hau is just an annoying little shit that screams MALASADA whenever you encounter him.
>>
>>30602365
Favorite: blue/gary/green
He defines what it means to be a rival, a opposing force at the security level as you that you wanted to be better than, and serves as one of the main incentives to spending time training your pokemon. Not as angry or edgy as Silver, not as timid and one-sided as Wally, not tied in a ridiculous plot like Gladion that is ultimately irrelevant to his status as a rival.

Least favorite: the unovan band of "friends".
>>
>>30602365
Green
Those fags from XY, I can't even remember their names
>>
Favorite: Gary / Barry
Faggot: Hau
Waifu: Bianca
>>
File: ryu-ken[1].png (18KB, 200x110px) Image search: [Google]
ryu-ken[1].png
18KB, 200x110px
>>30602468
Yup.

Barry/Protag felt like a true friendly rivalry.
Like Ryu/Ken.

Ryu and Ken are bros. Everyone knows them, and knows that they are homies. But they will go all out when they have a spar.
>>
>>30602365
favorite is Wally after ORAS
>dat final battle area
>dat music

least favorite Hau.
>>
>>30602426
this
>>
File: owo.png (19KB, 271x241px) Image search: [Google]
owo.png
19KB, 271x241px
I want to FUCK all male rivals
>>
>>30602365
>Favorite
If he counts, N. If not, Gladion
>Least Favorite
Tierno
>>
Blue, Hugh, and Gladion are the only good rivals.

Silver might have been okay, but I only remember bits and pieces of gen 2. I should probably play HGSS at some point.
>>
Favorite: Blue/Green
Least favorite: Kalos "friends"
>>
Favorite: Gladion + Barry

Least favorite: XY gang
>>
>>30602365
My favorite is tied between Blue and Barry
Least favorite is the group in XY, if they weren't so annoying it would be the Hoenn rivals due to being boring.
>>
>>30602365
Barry is more memorable than whoever the fuck was my rival in XY
he was an annoying cunt, but a memorable annoying cunt
>>
>>30602468
I should fine you for thinking a shitty joke that's old before it's started is 'fun'
>>
>>30608451
Memorable is not the same as good

For example, Fantina is memorable thanks to 'he' Candace

But that's a bad thing
>>
>>30602665
Yes. You took the words right out of my fucking mouth.
>>
>>30602468
N is an actual rival though. He strives for the same thing as the player, a goal which only one of you can succeed in, but his methods and reason behind his mission to become the champ is totally opposed to yours.

Brendan/May are the only ones who are literally not rivals since they don't strive towards anything that the player is also going for.
>>
>>30608549
You owe me $1000000000 for having such bad taste
>>
>>30602468
You know how autistic people have problems grasping figurative speech? Well, I'm pretty sure these guys hate Barry because they think he will actually take a million dollars off them.
>>
>>30608583
MY DAD DOESNT WORK AT THE BATTLE FRONTIER. I DON'T HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY.
>>
I fucking swear I thought I was making a new thread

Alright, favorite Rival is Hugh, least favorite is any of the shitters from XY
>>
>>30602365
I don't play XY and ORAS so I will spare them opinion.
Favourite is Silver. He is a rival who you really felt mutual hate and enmity. And you wanted to crush him without any mercy. N is second (if Gladion is official rival then N is more than deserving the title) as while the enmity wasn't as much, you felt the need to stop him, and you were the only one that could so it. Blue is okay but he suffered from lack of unique battle/encounter theme.
I like Hugh, Gladion and even Hau but they ended up more like a bro. Cheren and Bianca aren't that much bro but they made it apparent that they cared about my character and I appreciated it.
Least favourite is probably RSE Brendan/May. They are pathetic and never pose challenge, and even dropped out of the story. Second least favourite is probably Barry. He don't have Silver/N/Blue enmity but he also lacked bro quality so I neither love him nor love-to-hate him.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.