[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shiny Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 32

File: 2016-12-07 19.32.18.jpg (829KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-07 19.32.18.jpg
829KB, 1200x1600px
share you shiny stories? SOS chaining, breeding, whatever.

just found this shiny lapras that happened to come to my poke pelago. had no idea you could even get shinies through there but this has me pretty happy, first one so far in S/M!
>>
>tfw playing from the original red/blue versions and never even seen a shiny in a game let alone catch one
>>
>>30602034
> Breedan in ORAS
> Shiny Heracross
> 5IV except HP
> Feel sad because it's shit
> Breedan Bidoof(For PU battles)
> Shiny Bidoof
> 4IVS
> Sad because it's shit
> a week later Hyper Training was announced

I was so damn happy. I still breed my mons for IVs, since Hyper Training is cumbersome, but it's perfect for shit like this.
>>
File: 20161201_024810.jpg (3MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20161201_024810.jpg
3MB, 2880x2160px
>>30602034

My first non-gyarados shiny was a Caterpie in Crystal. There's a guy in Illex Forest show says somethng like "I headbutted the tree and a weird Pokemon I never saw before fell out." I headbutted the tree right next to him and got the Caterpie. I know it was just a coincidence but I headbutt that same tree whenever I replay GSC

The next shiny was a Whismur in Ruby from Rusturf Cave.

Before HGSS came to the US, I played the Japanese ROM on an emulator and somehow found two shiny Furrets in a row near the Lake of Rage. I'm guessing something was weird with the emulator.

My latest shiny was Zubat in Sun. It's a shame because Zubat/Golbat look awesome but Shiny Crobat looks kind of terrible.
>>
>>30602069
Its not possible until Gold/Silver.
>>
>Brother doesn't give a shit about Pokemon but asks to try anyway
>Give him my 3ds for a bit while i watch him
>Walks into grass
>Shiny fucking zubat
>"Woah is that an alolan form!"

Hes gonna get moon now just because he wants it.
>>
>>30602301
>what is reading comprehension
>>
>>30602034
In Moon
>Looking for some pokemon that some faggot said is in Ten Carat Hill.
>No idea where that is
>Start looking for alternate routes in tunnels and shit
>Start a rando battle
>Find a shiny Rockruff

In X
>Wonder Trading
>Get a Corsola
>Forgot this was even a pokemon
>Complete a living pokedex months later
>This Corsola was shiny all along!

In X
>See how rad a shiny Seviper is
>Have a friend safari who has Seviper
>30 minutes later walk out with a shiny

Meanwhile my boyfriend can't find a shiny at all.
>>
>sos chaining for shiny cutiefly
>cutiefly shinyblocking me to no end

Also accidentally found a shiny eevee while trying to get a shiny nincada in ORAS. I was just walking to the pokemon center and BOOM! Shiny eevee. Shiny Espeon is gross, but I love it.
>>
First shiny in Sun is an alolan muk
Trying to breed for a shiny wimpod now and dewpider later
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2365px
>>30602034
I was wonder trading Mimikyus and somehow got this
>>
>>30603097
This happened a few minutes ago btw
>>
Lucky
>>30603097
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>30602034
>Going through ORAS Safari Zone, grindan and dex fillan
>Suddenly a shiny Gloom appears
>Caught off guard, I threw an Ultra Ball because it was level 20 and my mon were 40+
>Catch it in one go
>mfw
>>
File: 20161206_180919.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161206_180919.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Found This guy EV training. Rather quickly I might add, which is funny because I was training a petilil I was hunting for about 3 days before this
>>
Chained a rockruff mid-way through the game.

MM'd a mimikyu after beating the E4...

currently SoS-chaining a fomantis, hoping it shows up soon.
>>
>>30603319
FUCKING
GORGEOUS
>>
>>30603319

noice.

>>30603398

this is a really nice shiny, and I'm planning on going after it at some point.

one of maybe 4 good shinies in gen VII
>>
First non-Gyarados Shiny I ever saw was a Nidorino in Fire Red's Safari Zone.

It ran away after I threw a ball once.

Years later, I found a shiny male Nidoran in a horde in Y.

I accidentally clicked a spread move.

A blue Nidoking eludes me to this day.
>>
File: 1480370000538.jpg (381KB, 756x756px) Image search: [Google]
1480370000538.jpg
381KB, 756x756px
>>30603359
I wish you best of luck, anon
>>
>>30603319
>EV training
Please don't tell me EV training went back to being defeating the same pokemon for hours like it was in Gen 5
>>
Currently trying to SOS chain a spinarak. I am at 450 encounters. Is it normal to go above 400 or am I just unlucky. Asking because I am doing this for the first time.
>>
>>30603588
It has, but SOS doubles EV yield and also stacks with pokerus and power items
So it's not the worst thing
>>
I was just looking at someone's pic of them beating the elite 4 and her mimikyu was in the pic.

While looking at this pic i hatched a shiny mimikyu.
>>
File: IMG_6267.jpg (175KB, 800x633px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6267.jpg
175KB, 800x633px
>>30603319
Baile Oricorio is one of the nicest looking shinies. Looks great in that luxury ball too. Congrats, I'm jelly.

I came across this while looking for a Bagon on route 3.
>>
File: 20161204_013219.jpg (2MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20161204_013219.jpg
2MB, 4608x2592px
Got this male from wonder trade. Yes that's his name
>>
>>30603944
Fart Lover came from an anon that was WTing a few days ago. There was a thread about it. :^)
>>
>>30603944

I think Shiny Salandit's pretty neat. even males.
>>
File: 1381224414698.png (91KB, 282x342px) Image search: [Google]
1381224414698.png
91KB, 282x342px
I had two shiny Miniors self destruct on me. Both were random encounters so I didn't have anything with damp.

>>30603692
200-400 encounters is usually the average from what I've seen. At worse it'll take you 600-1,000 encounters.
>>
>play Pokémon for 20 years
>never once encounter a shiny

Hope y'all enjoyed my story
>>
>>30602034
>Unova
While training my pokemon i found a shiny mienshao
>Kalos
>tfw no
>ORAS
>literally 120 shinies from WT
>S/M
>Giveaways
>>
>>30602372
To be completely fair, the original post was written really poorly.
>>
My favorite shiny story is after the release of ORAS. I put my X version down for a solid 4 months or so to do everything I wanted to do in my AS. Then I decided I wanted to try my hand at the Legends on both games, including the ones that could run away. So I boot up my X where I have my good IV'd Dittos at the time and breed for Jolly Ralts because Gallade is my ultimate Bro-mon and I want in on dat False Swipe/Hypnosis/Mean Look combo. First egg in the first batch after a 4 month hiatus, and it's shiny. I'm just lucky it was a male. IVs are shit but thanks to Bottle Caps I'm not gonna give a fuck very soon.

On a side note, on average, when do HAs show up in chaining in Sun and Moon? I chained a shit ton last night for a few HAs and didn't get one after like 75 encounters. Would have gone longer but ran out of healing items and the ones I was looking for were somewhat high level.
>>
First and ONLY shiny I've encountered

>Be me
>Be like 8 or something
>Be playing Crystal for the 10th time
>Get starter, I think it was Cyndaquil
>Walk into grass
>Find a shiny hoot hoot, and completely sperg out because I've only ever seen a shiny Garados before
>...........Havent been given Pokeballs yet.

I've never seen a shiny Pokemon in the wild EVER and I just started Pokemon Sun. wish me luck guys.
>>
>>30604936

it may sound obvious, but I found that the number of shinies I encountered skyrocketed once I went looking for them.
>>
>>30604989
Yeah well the difference with me is that im not some autistic sperg that ABSOLUTLY MUST encounter shinies so badly that they need to "hunt" for them. I dont autistically breed 1,000 Eevee's just to get the perfect IV, perfect nature Eevee that can solo the pokemon league at lvl 1 by using some weird moveset/item combo
I like to play each game that comes out casually and actually have a productive lifestyle while enjoying the game, becoming an Autistic fuck that just hunts for shiny's all day and all night take the amazement out of what shiny's actually are. when, if, I ever encounter a shiny again, I can catch it, and show it to my friends like "wow guys, havent seen one in over 10 years!" and I'll feel accomplished.

Accomplished that im not some Autistic fuccboi who sits on his ass all day collecting government money while autistically sperging out on their bed, their diapers covered in piss and shit while they're dissapointed parents spoon feed them food and good words about how special they are.

Play the fucking game normally you Autistic fuck.
>>
>>30604936

>Be me

of course you're you who else would you be you braindead redditor
>>
>>30605155
Happily not some autistic shiny hunter who litterally wastes their life spending hours on a childs game looking for 1/10,000 different coloured pokemon.
>>
>>30605184
hit a nerve?
>>
>>30605238
I guess, Im just pissed off that people can waste their lives looking for shinies, when activly trying to find them, and or multiple in one day, ruins what the very concept of a shiny pokemon is.

something thats rare, almost like a legendary pokemon that is actually rare.
>>
>>30602034
I just got my first ever shiny in Hoenn. I've been playing since Sapphire for GBA launched. I was EV training some speed EVs for my Latias and I got a Shiny Zigzagoon. I'm not even mad. Now I can say I have a special HM Slave. :3
>>
File: 1481045944562.jpg (151KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1481045944562.jpg
151KB, 900x900px
>>30605184
>Happily not some autistic shiny hunter who litterally wastes their life spending hours on a childs game looking for 1/10,000 different coloured pokemon.

No, you waste your life shit talking people on a image board dedicated to a child's game. Clearly you've got your life together if this is how you spend your free time.
>>
File: 1476734365877.jpg (22KB, 604x452px) Image search: [Google]
1476734365877.jpg
22KB, 604x452px
>>30605296
>ruins what the very concept of a shiny pokemon is.
>something thats rare

That's why people hunt them, because they're rare.
Are you brain dead?
>>
>>30603097
It's hacked. I believe that Null is shiny-locked. Even if it isn't, it doesn't have the pentagon to show that it's from Gen 6+ and it's not available before those.
>>
>>30605315
Honestly its not, I browse /pol/ when I have a few minutes free time, this is the first pokemon thread I've ever seen on 4chan. Seeing its just full of people that dont realise how special shiny pokemon are, the fundamental idea of how rare they should be, infuriates my inner child.
>>
>>30603588
>gen 5
>for hours

you can see how shit someone is at pokemon from two words, it took like 30 minutes at most and right now it takes like 15
>>
I just got my shiny charm yesterday, I'm trying to decide which pokemon to go hunting for. Anyone have suggestions?
>>
>hatch a shiney chansey
>oh shit yay
>evolve it
>rage.jpg
>>
>>30605356
Not as brain dead as these autistic sperglords that waste HOURS looking for them.

They're found randomly, so the only way to play the game and actually do it justice is to abide by its definition of how rare and random shiny pokemon are. By not activly searching for them and waiting to be that lucky guy who finds one.

A direct comparison is the lottery, a normal person will buy lottery tickets several times over the course of a year. while some dyslexic idiot will waste hundreds of their hard earned (if they're that autistic, probably government) money buying ticket after ticket to try win. when the real winner is the average Joe who buys a ticket casually.
>>
>>30605140

woah there buddy, calm your shit.

y'know, some people go looking for shinies for fun, without worrying about IVs, natures, and all that shit. some people hunt shinies for the sake of hunting.

also, if you're not gonna put some effort into finding rare content, don't spaz out when you don't find it.
>>
>>30605184
Dude... is it your life? Nope. I don't get the point in it all too much, but I see no reason why people shouldn't. It gives something to do. I play pokemon when I'm waiting for my laundry and such to finish.
>>
>>30605381
The little black plus thing is the "new pentagon" ya silly goose
>>
Ran into my first ever shiny in 20 years in Moon, a Machoke.

Killed it with Bullet punch bag cause instead of spamming Y to throw Premier balls I hit A instead. Muscle memory is a bitch.
>>
>>30605381

Null ain't shiny-locked, and the pentagon's been replaced by the black plus for gen VII
>>
is there anything more autism in the fanbase than shiny hunting
>>
>>30605434
Shiny Mightyena looks nice.
>>
>>30605589
Legit-fags.
The ones that sperg at the fact that there is no advantage at all in battle.
>>
File: 1475587646928.png (310KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1475587646928.png
310KB, 704x396px
>>30602034
>finding a Caterpie for a Nebby giveaway
>can't find one in the wild
>can't find one in PC
>go to GTS to get one
>trade one for Cottonee
>Put Caterpie up for trade
>Notice it is a Shiny as soon as I put it up
>OP says he doesn't take shinies
>mfw
>>
D/P - First patch of grass after getting the poke balls and run into a shiny shinx.

X/Y - About to try out chaining and run into shiny spritzee before I start a chain.

S/M - Found a shiny zubat while ev training an sos battle, probably chain 50.
>>
>>30605589

cunts going on to 4chan to complain about people doing something that makes them happy.
>>
>>30605508
Im not spazzing out that I havent had one in years, Im spazzing out people people waste their time and effort trying to find them when they could be doing more productive things, arguably so could I right now than argueing on what >>30605315 correctly called an "image board dedicated to a childs game"

I know people find it fun, I know not everyone is AS autistic as people that find ones with perfect IV's. (that should just be kept for the Koreans and Japs honestly)

effort shouldnt be put into finding shinies. the very core of how you find them - randomly - is how one should find one, otherwise gamefreak would of make them easier to enounter, which they have indeed done in the newer games, but ultimatly it was to pander to autistic fuccbois who waste their lives trying to find not one, not ten, but hundreds.
>>
>>30605541
Lol sorry. I just got Sun and I've not played too much. I thought that was for changing the markings(square, star, etc.) I am a silly goose. :3
>>
>>30605538
similar man, but spending that much time on it is just stupid as hell, why not get a few language textbooks and learn a language? or do something productive? I mean the least you could do is find them to sell on Ebay or some shit, its autistic still but at least its several shades lighter than wasting your life hoarding them for funsies
>>
>>30605715
Learning another language isn't entertaining tho...
>>
>>30605665

you are telling people how to enjoy a game.

not how to win, or giving advice on mechanics. you're telling someone how to enjoy a game...

just... think about that for a moment.

plus, define productive. you go deep enough, you'll find that nothing's logical. we do what we want to because we want to - nothing more.
>>
File: 1448939622179.png (3MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1448939622179.png
3MB, 900x900px
Been playing since Sapphire and I've found 3 through random encounter.

>Diamond
Hoothoot in Great Marsh, luckily rng didn't fuck me over and I caught it before it could run away

>SS
Rattata in Burned Tower & Zubat in Whirl Islands both on the same day
>>
>>30605769
In his case-productive seems to be something that teaches you something. In my opinion-productive is doing something that thoroughly satisfies you or entertains you and keeps you happy. Like hoarding cats... except they're dead. :^)
>>
>>30605715
>I like shiny hunting and also learning languages
>apparently I'm very autistic
>and multiple shades of it
Whatever, I guess I can have fun.
>>
>>30605830

you can spend your whole life learning...

and then you die.

where's the use in that?
>>
>>30605831
I could never enjoy learning another language. :P
>>
>>30605856
Exactly. It's better to enjoy life while you have it instead of tossing it away by lesrning useless information unless you plan on going to 3 countries.
>>
>>30605741
Not even an argument.

>>30605769
That is a valid point, it sounds wrong for me to be trying to justify that my way of playing a childs video game is better. I understand this whole topic is pointless to argue about, but at the very least, I think the best way to compare activly hunting for shinies to real life is to.. say, activly hunt out and consume x brand of chocolate bar, yes its probably really fun, yes it kills time, but it eventually gives you diabetes and makes you fat (unless your running from shop to shop)
Your meant to enjoy chocolate bars every once in a while, this is indicated by how bad they are when consumed in extensive amounts. similar to how your not meant to activly hunt out shinies, or doing so will detract from how special they're meant to be
>>
>>30605831
well at least your activly doing something productive on the side which is a damn sight better than all these shiny hunters I always hear about.
>>
>>30605806
I'm convinced that HGSS did something to the shiny encounter rate. For me I found an Ekans and a Bellsprout not even 2 hours apart. Or maybe it's just the Johto region, considering a long time ago I found an Ursaring and then a Hoothoot 4 encounters later in my Crystal version. And I think the other day some dude talked about finding 2 shiny Furrett in a row in his GSC?
>>
>>30605923
It was never meant to be an argument. Grow up and learn that not everyone wants to read a book every time they don't have something to do. It occupies them and that's all that matters. If I want to occupy myself by trying to eat a truck with a fork then god damnit I'm going to occupy myself by trying eat fucking truck with a fucking fork.... I have problems... xD
>>
>>30602034
Didn't find any until Platinum, and all of them were found in the wild up until X
>Platinum
Shiny Roselia (Killed it like a moron), Shiny Wooper (No idea what happened to it), Shiny Stunktank (Currently in Omega Ruby PC)

>HeartGold
Magikarp, Growlithe, and Rattata (All in Omega Ruby PC)

>White
Patrat (No idea what happened to it)

>X
MM'd an Aerodactyl, Aron, and Tynamo, Chain fished a Chinchou (Take down killed itself), two Claunchers, a Relicanth, and randomly found a Golbat and a Gulpin (All but the Chinchou are in Omega Ruby PC)

>Omega Ruby
Chained for a Luxio and something else I can't remember (Both in Omega Ruby PC)

>Sun
Randomly found an Exeggcute, currently SOS chaining for Smeargle

The sad thing is that all of the shinies I amassed between Platinum and Omega Ruby are gone because my dog used my cartridge as a chew toy. The circuit board is somewhat intact (Small dent and a crack, no holes though), but the actual casing is fucked. I should've put them in the bank, but I was a dumbass and thought that all of your Pokemon get deleted when Bank expires.
>>
>>30605999
Of course you have problems. people like you cant engage in a proper debate about being a waste of human life or not. Go back to shiny hunting and making your loved ones dissapointed.
>>
>>30606053
I don't shiny hunt. Where the hell did you get that? XD You seem bothered? Are you mad that I'm enjoying this?
>>
>>30605946
I think you're missing the point of fun. I learn languages becaue it's fun for me. It has nothing to do with productiveness. I'll be productive 8-ish hours a day during work. Then I'm just gonna do things I like. Which includes languages and shiny pokemon. Also petting my cat. And old 50's movies. Fun is fun bruh.
>>
>>30605999
>I have problems xD

LOL so random!!!!
Stop it.
>>
File: IMG_0417.jpg (732KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0417.jpg
732KB, 3264x2448px
>>30606109
Props to you dude. This right here is my point.
>>
>>30606109
I guess your right, maybe im just over analysing this whole shiny hunting thing, Enjoy man.
>>
>>30606112
Someone is mad that their parents didn't get the abortion they wanted...
>>
File: 1478804205307.jpg (59KB, 613x695px) Image search: [Google]
1478804205307.jpg
59KB, 613x695px
>>30605491
>Not as brain dead as

No, your brain genuinely doesn't function properly and I hope your handler knows you're on the computer right now shitposting.

>abide by its definition of how rare and random shiny pokemon are

They are still rare and are still random. Nothing has changed at all. If someone catches 100 shiny pokemon, more power to them. The probability of catching one doesn't change.

And just to loop back around...
>these autistic sperglords

You're the brain dead child who is on the internet right now trying to tell people how they need to play a video game. You're more autistic than anyone on this board.
>>
>>30606178
Oh shit... wrong thread... fuck... this is what i fucking get... sorry dude!
>>
Not counting the shitty Odd Egg in Crystal- The only shiny I'd encountered before Gen VI (playing each generation generously) was a fucking shiny Quagsire in the Pastoria Great Marsh.
But then... something fucking happened in gen VI, specifically ORAS... I got really good at hunting them, and I amassed just over a box of shinies in gen through dexnav / pokeradar / friend safari / hordes / masuda'ing. It became really addicting!
Already caught 5 shinies on Moon- fucking love SOS chanining; it is so easy, and rewards you really well.
>>
>>30605923
>doing so will detract from how special they're meant to be

[citation needed]
>>
I got two today one from an island scan Roselia and the other was a Riolu I hatched in one egg without the shiny charm
>>
File: kill me.jpg (250KB, 684x1114px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
250KB, 684x1114px
>One month ago
>Replaying Diamond on a Nuzlocke run while waiting for the release
>Caught everything I can catch until the run is over
>Sell all my pokeballs to get extra money for full restores for the elite 4
>Grinding for a little while
>This happens
>I had never legitimately encountered a non-scripted shiny since I started playing pokemon until this point
>Filename

Learn from my mistakes and mock my failure
>>
>>30602034
My first shiny that wasn't Red Gyarados or Black Haxorus or any other gift shiny mon was a Foongus in X/Y on the place where you find Mewtwo
I've never found a shiny before or after
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Almost have my EV training done... for this one... 3:
>>
>>30606345

it sucks they haven't added shiny menu/box sprites...

maybe one day...
>>
File: unnecessary.gif (1MB, 251x190px) Image search: [Google]
unnecessary.gif
1MB, 251x190px
>arguing about productiveness
>on a vp thread where literally everyone wastes time playing pokemon in the first place
>>
Diamond
>Find out what the PokeRadar is
>Spend days trying to complete a chain
>Retarded so I keep breaking them
>Fifth day of chaining, break chain
>Sperg rage and run into a different area of grass
>Full-odds golden Fearow

XY
>Radar, we meet again
>Continue to be complete ass at it, give up trying to get a shiny Ditto
>Zoroark
>Bitch is purple

ORAS
>IV breeding Houndours
>Both parents are ENG
>Hatch 15th egg, look down
>Bitch is blue
>It ended up having the best IVs out of all my hatches

I've also full-odds encountered a Lillipup in Moon while EV-training.
>>
>>30605589
you
>>
just got the shiny charm today and going for pikipeks inbetween studying for finals

wish me luck senpaitachi
>>
>>30602034 First Shiny ever was Nidorino in the Safari Zone

it ran and I've hated shinies ever since.
>>
File: 1415436675482.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1415436675482.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
Is there an average number on how many pokemon you need to knock out for when you can expect a shiny during SOS chaining?
>>
im currently chaining a shiny cutiefly
i didn't know recycle use the berrys, i thought it reycled them. im in a chain of like 500+ and im out of berries, I'm quite sad
>>
>>30603319
can you explain EV training to me? please
>>
Got two shiny pikipeks while EV training in under an hour.

Each time only took about 40 turns so I got lucky I guess.
>>
>getting a shiny through the pelago

Oh man I'm already fearing the notion.

Only shit that stays are fucking Pikipeks and Spearows.
>>
>>30602179
How is heracross shit. 5IVs isn't THAT bad either.
>>
File: IMG_20161207_223659[1].jpg (78KB, 1107x738px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161207_223659[1].jpg
78KB, 1107x738px
>>30607452
>Is there an average number on how many pokemon you need to knock out for when you can expect a shiny during SOS chaining?
Nope

some take 30 minutes, and hour, others 10, and this bitch 7 hours.
>>
>pokemon white
>post-game area
>saved masterball to capture thundurus
>post-game area
>shiny kakuna
>go masterball!

I still haven't caught Thundurus.
>>
>be me
>playing x and y
>hoard battle initiated
>fuckingcaves.jpg
>5 floatzels, one guy 4 grils
>boy is slightly different but just assume that's what he looks like
>EARTHQUAKE MOTHAFUCKAS
>battle over
>ask friend what shiny floatzel looks like
>look it up
>fuck me I killed a shiny floatzel
>>
>>30602034
I had the ultimate surprise when I was breeding for a 5IV drampa. I had bred plenty of times back in XY/ORAS and filled all my boxes, not once did I get a shiny. But fast forward to moon, I breed for IVs the first time with a drampa and after 2 pages [only had 3IV dittos and it was my first attempt] I get a shiny one. not perfect IVs but it only needs 2 bottlecaps. Masuda finally heard my calling.
>>
>>30608455
>chain sandygast for 2 hours, go through a lot of pokemon, eventually find shiny
>chain dhelmise for 10 hours, only go through about 3 successful SOS calls, never find a shiny
>>
I got a shiny grubbin within twenty minutes on my first chain when I just meant to get a feel for it. It skewed my expectations horribly for future chains.
A four hour mimikyu chain, three hour pichu chain, and a four hour salandit chain have produced nothing.
>>
>>30602961
STILL CHAINING CUTIEFLY
>>
I'm attempting to chain minior, is there some reason they're not calling for help?
>>
>>30609354
they don't call for help

sorry man
>>
File: 1476591991009.png (175KB, 431x539px) Image search: [Google]
1476591991009.png
175KB, 431x539px
Just chained myself a shiny spinarak.

The first ever shiny I actually hunted for. I don't even have the charm. I stopped keeping count but I'd say this has taken about 80+
>>
>>30609611
fuuuck
Are there others that don't?
>>
Found a shiny carbink today while going up to the altar. This is my 5th encounter shiny without chaining or shiny charm so I'm pretty happy
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
>>30606043
Update: Finally got that Smeargle. Chain might have been around 300 or so, I lost count.

I see why everyone says you should paralyze/put the Pokemon to sleep before trying to catch it.

>Smeargle is only level 7
>Chuck a dusk ball for an easy capture
>Nope
>Try again, same result
>By now it has used dragon claw two times
>False swipe it to 1 HP, it calls for help
>Help arrives
>Kill the fucker
>It calls for help
>Help arrives
>This goes on for a while
>On the rare occasion that help doesn't show up (It called for help every single time), the ball fails to capture
>14 turns in and it'll struggle itself to death if I don't get it within the next two turns
>Really tempted to use my Masterball
>Next ball fails, it's now out of PP for dragon claw
>Decide not to use Masterball, try dusk ball one more time
>It captures

That was honestly a lot more trouble than I was expecting, but holy fuck am I glad it's over. >>30607452
I think the odds are around 1/500, so you're likely to get one within the first 500

Though the average seems to be in the 200s and 300s.
>>
My first wild caught shiny that wasn't the gyrados from gold/silver was a shiny gyrados on Poni Island. Kinda neat but really weird.
>>
>>30609712
Wimpod.
>>
File: 1479692208542.jpg (135KB, 498x1493px) Image search: [Google]
1479692208542.jpg
135KB, 498x1493px
>hatch a shiny beldum while still trying to get nature
>its modest
>>
File: bye.jpg (33KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
bye.jpg
33KB, 320x240px
I'm trying to catch this shiny pichu that just showed up but it keeps calling for help and I'm so scared it's going to end up struggling to death before I get it alone.
>>
Can Minior's be SOS'd? It doesnt seem to be working
>>
File: 1481185350546-1331413392.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1481185350546-1331413392.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>30612445
What a coincidence. I was just searching for a happiny, and I came across this little fucker after a chain of like 20. First shiny in a few years, too. Mild nature isnt that bad either.
>>
I've found a shiny Meowth last weekend when I came back to trainer school to get another black sludge.
>>
>>30605960
Gens 4 and 5 had an interesting shiny algorithm. I used to do RNG-abuse catching out of boredom for both IVs and shinies, and I noticed that when a shiny PID is found, there's anywhere from 2 to 7 additional ones nearby, some within minutes, others within a couple hours. It wouldn't be hard to believe if someone caught multiple in a day and then never saw one for ages again.
>>
>>30609712
>>30610111
also the island scan fucks
>>
>>30612603
Is there a list of pokemon that don't call for help? I want to eventually chain for Goomy, but I'm not sure if it calls for help or not.
>>
Haven't tried breeding or chaining for any shiny pokemon yet in Moon, but when I was exploring the Malie Garden for the first time I found a shiny Araquanid, Haven't been able to think of a good nickname for it yet. Its got a Hasty nature, which is probably not a very good nature for it competitive play,but I've been using it on my adventure because in game it doesn't matter.
>>
>>30612637
http://pastebin.com/Uv3k3QYW
Here's a list of pokemon who do call, and how often. Goomy isn't on this list.
>>
>breeding for 5iv Shellos in Pokemon X
>multitasking because after 30 eggs, shit can get boring
>decide to look at my screen after watching a youtube video to see another newly hatched-
>"Wait, the fuck?"
>colors were slightly off, after checking its stats confirmed it was a shiny
>"Wait did I have a foreige parent in daycare?"
>check to find that, no, I did not
>first (and probably only) time I ever hatched a shiny minus masuda method

Would of preferred if I got a shiny I was actually wanting, but a strawberry sherbert baby is fine too
>>
File: 20161208_033453.jpg (311KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20161208_033453.jpg
311KB, 1280x720px
What is the exact odds of getting a shiny from an egg with the shiny charm and masuda method? Is it 1/1000?
>>
>>30612688
Goomy is a rain only sos. You kill the original Pokemon and let goomy call for help instead.
>>
Only shiny ever was Croagunk in X. Made me very happy. Still haven't brought myself to evolve him.
>>
File: 1473567380747.jpg (36KB, 540x531px) Image search: [Google]
1473567380747.jpg
36KB, 540x531px
>See shiny beldum
>won't GET IN THE FUCKING BALL
>struggle kills itself
I've never been more angry

>xy breedin goomies for them IVs
>so mindless I zone out while doing it
>go to my pokebox and see a slick shiny goomy
>in one of my reject piles
>>
>>30612776
Pretty sure, as (not) stated on this list, Goomy does not call if it is left alone.
>>
File: Cy68BVEVEAAKlun.jpg (363KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Cy68BVEVEAAKlun.jpg
363KB, 1152x2048px
>>30603319
lucky, mine took forever
>>30603398
>>30603447
>>30603761
honestly i prefer the shiny sensu style the best, this fucking took almost all day to get too
>>
File: Cy0zxraVQAAzlr7.jpg (291KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Cy0zxraVQAAzlr7.jpg
291KB, 2048x1152px
>>30613117
also TFW shitty nature on the sensu, the first shiny i went for was grubbin, not a bad nature for this one
>>
>>30612514
I had the opposite luck. I was chaining Pichu for 4 IVs and a shiny Happiny showed up. It took a few seconds for the star animation to load, so I thought my eyes were fucking with me at first.
>>
File: 20161208_005317.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161208_005317.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>Spent a whole day chaining Bagons
>Use Synchronise Kadabra on the level 10 ones in the 1% grass
>Get chain of 150
>Bagon finally burns Kadabra with Ember
>Synchronise so Kadabra burns Bagon and kills it, ending the battle and chain

>Catch a regular one, decide to make it a choice Scarf Special Salamence because the mega is ugly
>Breed to get egg moves and Timid
>This girl pops out unexpectedly
>Check Stats
>HP perfect
>Defence Perfect
>Speed Perfect
>Sp.Def Fantastic
>Yes, yes, yes please
>Sp.Atk Decent
>Fuck

So now I'm struggling to find a bottle cap. I know you get the one from Mina and so I'll grab it but for future refence, I need to know where to get them. I heard you get Gold ones from Isle Aphun but I've been sending them out and have gotten none, and supposedly fishing gets you one but I haven't seen one after a few hours while I heard you get one in the Battle Tree but after a 30 streak?
>>
>>30613263
Find someone with Treasure Hunt 2 star, add it to your plaza for 100 FC, and the first draw is ALWAYS a bottlecap. Be sure to VIP them for further use.
>>
>>30613294
Oh, yeah, I dorgot to mention that I spent about 2 hours and found about 10 of them but all the registrations failed
>>
I seemed to start getting more shinies when Nuzlocking. My very first Nuzlocke had a Shiny Audino, who carried me through most of the game before dying. I put it in the bank as a memento. I have also encountered a Shiny Numel in White 2, a Karrablast in X, and more recently, my first encounter in the Thrifty Megamart in Sun just happened to be a Shiny Golbat. There was also a Shiny Modest Psyduck in Fire Red, but this was in the Berry Forest, so I never used it, and it's not even on a cartridge anyway.

I also got Pokerus in like three different Nuzlockes and a Wonderlocke as well. Mad luck, especially considering in these games I almost never encounter what I hope to encounter.
>>
>>30613263
you'll also need to lvl that fuck to lvl 100
good luck grinding the e4
>>
>>30613426
I'm fine with that, it's not bard to grind while doing something else, I'm just annoyed that I have to start looking for bottle caps
>>
File: 1471548515006.jpg (46KB, 530x407px) Image search: [Google]
1471548515006.jpg
46KB, 530x407px
>>30602034
>Playing Emerald as a kid
>Encounter shiny Magnemite in New Mauville
>Didn't know what a shiny was but thought it was really cool.

>Let sister play Emerald.
>She finds a shiny Makuhita.
>She resets the game because she thought it was a gamebreaking bug

>X/Y
>Sending breedjects over on wondertrade
>Get a shiny Mence and Petilil.
>neat.jpg

>Sun Moon
>SOS weather chaining for Politoed cus everyone wants a fucking Politoed on GTS and trying to fill dex
>Shiny Poliwag
>Searching for Lapras for dex
>Be bitching about low encounter rates
>Shiny Lumineon
>Chaining Hakamo-os to Theif a Razor Claw
>Finally get one after being 70+ into the chain
>"Fuck it, might as well go for a shiny"
>Shiny Hakamo-o soon after

I also encounter shinies when in two rom hacks i played but I don't count those.

I've been extremely lucky with shinies growing up. Wish I didn't lose my Emerald. I love shiny Magnemite line.

>mfw sister reseted the game
>>
>>30613461
Do you know how to grind bottle caps in Festival Plaza? It's easy. Find someone that recommends 2 star Treasure Hunt lotto. Build it. First lotto ticket is bottle cap everytime. Replace it with some random facility then go to the same person and get his recommended 2 star Treasure Hunt again. Rinse and repeat. Add him as your VIP for easy access. It's all about grinding FC at that point which you can do with those type quiz missions.
>>
>>30613571
The problem everytime I fond a Treasure hunt dude, I can't register them, it fails everytime
>>
so like i received about 14 randomly in xy and my playtime was like 49 hours

the safaris had a ton of stuff, so i assumed it was just common in safaris is that true?
>>
>>30613519
i used to send shiny timid protean froggys in luxury balls all the time in wt
dont see the big deal
>>
File: 1480713130476.jpg (107KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480713130476.jpg
107KB, 600x600px
>shiny came to poke pelago
>it didn't stay
I will be salty about this until the day I die.
>>
>>30608147
Reading comprehensiom isn't your strong suit huh? Heracross is great, but that one had 5IVs while missing the one in HP. Wich means it's useless
>>
>>30613822
im sure that 1 little hp point was going to hurt you that much
>>
>be me in ORAS
>playing, got a shiny Mudkip
>holyfuckyes.png
>my sister thinks my 3ds is broken
>throws my 3ds away
>WITH THE CARTRIDGE STILL INSIDE
>I thought it was lost
>kms
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.