[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ashanime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 1423756336458.gif (2MB, 455x256px) Image search: [Google]
1423756336458.gif
2MB, 455x256px
Will we ever be rid of Ash? The anime would be so much better if they just had a new protagonist every season. Why does it have to be eternal 10 year old Ash?
>>
Creators wanna end the show if Ash wins the league/leave. So nope, stuck with him.
>>
>>30599922
If they ever did end it they would just start up a new one, its too popular and keeps pokemon in children's eyes.
>>
>>30599889
Alain MC when

I want to follow a winner
>>
>>30599889
Has anyone else just always hated Ash?
Even when I was a kid I hated him because he's a terrible trainer.
>>
I just don't understand the obsession with Ash, every season they give him a new personality and new sidekicks yet keep this weird default template that is post season 1 Ash.
>>
>>30600154
Original Ash was okay, he was stock stubborn mc with friends keeping him out of trouble so he doesn't get in a battle over someone calling his hat stupid.
>>
File: XY&Z28.png (1MB, 639x2199px) Image search: [Google]
XY&Z28.png
1MB, 639x2199px
It's a marketing tool that wants to pander to 7 - 10 year old boys since they're actually the ones buy the merchandises. It's not going to pander to +18 year olds. Every series is for the new 7 - 10 year olds which is why it doesn't matter if they keep him or not since he's new to them and the fact that he and pikachu's faces are so extremely value from a recognition and marketing point that switching Ash out would do nothing but hurt them. They don't give a crap about +18 year olds watching illegal streams.

If you're an adult watching it the only thing you should expect is cute waifu's, see your favorite mons animated, good animated battles and that occasional mature and pretty awesome Ash. But don't expect them to pander to a target group that wouldn't earn them any money.
>>
>>30600217
Him being hothead and retarded got old pretty fast.
>>
>>30599889
Yeah, just like how Digimon do, not like they have to make a sequel of the first anime because every season is worst than the one before it
Is not like the format than keep the Pokemon anime in top 10 every week during most part of the last 19 years is a good format
>>
>>30600451
Digimon lost A LOT of ratings because of that.
>>
>>30600090
alain is actually a really good kamen rider.

he is the one of the best things in kamen rider ghost
>>
>>30600330
I understand Pikachu he is essentially Pokemon itself, but Ash changes so much every season he barely matters, look at SM Ash he is unrecognizable and previous season changed him out of his I C O N I C hat and vest.

They could easily sell more toys or whatever by changing the MC too since now you need to buy a new person.
>>
>>30600523
Ash changing just enough every season makes them able to sell new toys. His name is extremely recognizable, not pikachu level but still. Especially after 20 years. There's literally no point in switching protagonist by now when the only thing that will happen is that all of sudden the new protagonist has absolutely no recognition is because of that a shit marketing tool. +18 year olds coming back after hearing about a new protagonist won't matter at all since that group already buy the games and watch it illegally. The anime is also to shill the games for the new generation of kids.
>>
>>30600644
But then why switch out the original Misty and Brock, Misty holding her togepi started reaching high levels of recognizability. Most other cartoons keep the same group for the reasons you listed, but Pokemon keeps replacing the group but keeping Ash.
>>
>>30600365
Hot head Ash > Current Ash. Gave them reasons for conflict, other Ash's have been too easy going.
>>
>>30600733
Because they also need to shill the new generation such as game characters and new pokemon. They can get away with Ash changing since everything around him changes but not all three. They can't """reset""" all of them. If they wanted to switch out Ash after Johto they would probably been able to pull off switching protagonist every now and then but not after 19 years.
>>
File: XY&Z40.png (2MB, 640x2203px) Image search: [Google]
XY&Z40.png
2MB, 640x2203px
>>30600886
>easy going

https://youtu.be/t1HJWJkyKqo?t=384

lmao
>>
>>30600941
>you skipped the REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE right after this scene
How could you?
>>
>>30601065
Not my pic
>>
>>30600889
Ha definitely they are already in the hole too far with Ash same with Team Rocket. I still think they could pull it off though, I don't believe it would cause a huge loss in viewers probably not worth the risk I guess.

Could do a season with two main characters and then end Ash or have an Ash episode and then a other character episode and they meet and battle.
>>
>>30600941
Maybe not easy going but Ash is much more mature.
>>
>>30600523
>previous season changed him out of his iconic hat and vest
where the fuck have you been
>>
File: 1344358891936.png (177KB, 320x311px) Image search: [Google]
1344358891936.png
177KB, 320x311px
>>30601148
Oops seasons*
>>
>>30601100
That would take some serious effort on their part. Why change something that has worked for over 19 years? Plus the writers and executives have shown that they don't want to change anything since the XY director has talked about in interviews how much he had to fight to get some more "larger" changes to the status quo like Serena cutting her hair and Ash-greninja plus the animators has complained a lot on twitter about Ash losing the league.
>>
>>30601275
That's interesting, wish I could see more behind the scenes stuff. Being a writer or storyboarder must be suffering, wanting to make a good anime and you are limited by manager who listens to some marketer. It shines through too, Poke anime is still better than a lot of other children shows even with its flaws.
>>
I think this is a question that should be dead and buried by now.

There has never been any rule saying Pokémon can only have one anime at a time. It could have two or three more series if they wanted to put in the money. But what viable audience for Pokémon watches television the most? Kids. Older teenagers to adults interested in the series generally would not tune in to watch it on TV. They would typically stream it or download it for convenience using websites not sanctioned by TPC. A fair amount would even have AdBlock. The older audience would be getting what they wanted, but they wouldn't be paying for it as much. When little Billy and Suzy see a commercial showing the new Z-Ring toy while in the middle of watching the new episode of Pokémon Sun and Moon, they're more likely to ask mom and dad for it than you are to even consider buying it.

Pokémon Generations is low profit fanservice, which is why the episodes are 3-5 minutes long and online. The goal is to generate publicity among older fans, not replace the current anime.

Pokémon Special will never have an anime. The reason is that it's already an adaptation, and it's not nearly as popular as the regular anime (which has been adapted into fairly low cost manga). It would be practically doubling production values and work without doubling profit.

Ash will continue to be the protagonist of the regular anime because he and Pikachu are Pokémon icons, bigger than Red. He will not age. He will get an image change every new generation to promote that generation. He serves as a consistent link between now and 19.5 years ago. Kids will start watching with him and grow out of the anime while new kids will join during this time. I remember kids 6 years ago who were into the D&P anime. I'm betting that they aren't into the Pokémon anime anymore, but their younger siblings watched BW! and/or XY.

There's no reason to drop Ash and start using different characters every series. It would only hurt the franchise.
>>
>>30599889

They've tested the waters for an anime without Ash before, and they've all flopped.

>Pokemon Chronicles - Only got 22 episodes
>Pokemon Origins - Flopped in Japan, an episode of the regular anime starring Brock and Cilan did better
>Pokemon Generations - Japanese version doesn't even exist

And the people who would watch an anime without Ash probably aren't the type of people who'd buy merchandise/DVDs to support it anyway.

The Ashnime is still around because it gets good enough ratings, and it sells merchandise. Every anime without Ash has been a flop.
>>
>>30600886
Current ash literally jumped off the Eiffel tower for some rando pokemon. Not too 'easy going' in my eyes.
>>
>>30601912
>Kids will start watching with him and grow out of the anime while new kids will join during this time. I remember kids 6 years ago who were into the D&P anime. I'm betting that they aren't into the Pokémon anime anymore, but their younger siblings watched BW! and/or XY.

See this would be helped by changing it up each season, they would retain a lot more of their audience. Kids under 8 do not care what is on tv, they watch whatever has pretty lights and sounds, but anyone over 8 starts to get more decisive. If they changed Ash they could keep the 8 and under crowd just on the pokemon name alone and the 8-10 wouldnt just watch for 2 seasons and then get board. They could keep a viewer from 8-14+ if they changed.
>>
>>30599889
>The anime would be so much better if they just had a new protagonist every season
[citation needed]
>>
>>30600154
I hated him in the first season but I grew to like him as the series progressed.The only other time I disliked him was in BW.

Ash did become a better trainer with time,then Unova happened and people started believing the meme that he never improved.

SM Ash is still competent which I found surprising considering the art style.
>>
>>30600886
Hot head Ash was annoying and sometimes lacked the skill to back up his hot headedness.
>>
>>30602087
>Pokemon Chronicles
>Watched episode one
>Gold is Ash reskin
>Crystal is Misty reskin
>Team Rocket... actually pretty good, almost captures a legendary first episode but then sends out two steel types against Typhlosion
Changed my mind Gold is just as bad as Ash.
>>
>>30602087
"Pokémon Chronicles" was not a separate series. They were the special side episodes that would air periodically for Pocket Monsters Encore and Weekly Pokémon Broadcasting Station, which were the predecessors to Pokémon Sunday, Pokémon Smash!, Pokémon GetTV, and Pokénchi. The side episodes (still released to this day) would all fall under the Pokémon Chronicles banner if they still released it as such.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_side_story_episodes

The Origin was a promotional stunt for X and Y. All four episodes aired in one sitting in Japan, and were not planned to air again.

Generations not having a Japanese release is odd because the interest has been shown to be there in Japan. There have been plenty of posts in Japan asking why ポケモンジェネレーションズ is available in all languages but Japanese, and there are Japanese-subtitled English dub videos out there. Like I said here >>30601912, its main goal is to be low-cost, low profit fanservice to older fans in order to promote the franchise.

It was actually thanks to the animated B2W2 promo that we have The Origin, Generations, and the ORAS promo, because they saw how critical reception among older fans was much more positive. Still, it's not worth it financially to drop Ash and appeal to just the older fans.
>>
They did this with Digimon, Yugioh, and Beyblade. The original casts in all three shows were the best and most iconic even still.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.