[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the fucking RNG in Battle Tree so broken? Why would GF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 1426858342702.jpg (31KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
1426858342702.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
Why is the fucking RNG in Battle Tree so broken? Why would GF do this?

>paralyze opponent
>opponent paralyzes me
>he never fucking stops attacking, I never land a single attack on him
>get crit by every single move that wouldn't kill if it didn't crit
>have my sweeper outsped by pokemon that are either scarfed or have bullshit stats
>parahax togekiss never fucking works
>opponent always has a berry to mitigate your attack, and then revenge crits you to death

W H Y
>>
It's not. You never remember when RNG works in your favor, but you do when it fucks you up because it cuts your streak
>>
>Trying to get the EV items
>Without a proper EV trained team
>Such training requires such items
>Battle Tree already starts with teams properly adjusted to maul your team with RNG
>Battle Dome is complete horseshit

eugh this is going to take a while
>>
>>30596870
It N E V E R fucking works in my favour, though. I haven't ever been able to flinchlock an opponent, and I've been running the set for three days. At this point I have to redo my entire fucking team because this shit just doesn't work as well as it does online.
>>
>>30596923
>Such training requires such items

Helpful, sure. Required, no. There are a lot of ways to get EVs in this game. It'll be more convenient once you get the items, but they're certainly not necessary to EV train.
>>
>>30596923
I feel you, dude. Luckily you can do Battle Royal with your ingame mons, because survival is more important than raw sweeping power.

I ran BR until I had enough BP for the items I needed, then never did it ever again.
>>
>>30596770
Actual good AI is really difficult to code. Firaxis knew that all too well.
>>
>opponent's last Pokemon is an avalugg that can take a +2 hammer arm from 252 Att life orb Masskito and live without focus sash

I mean, it didn't hit me with anything that could KO me but what the hell man, even when avalugg has high def there's no way it's living that shit if he's ruining leftovers
>>
>>30597155
Actually it can. People underestimate Avalugg because muh ice
>>
>>30597155
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Buzzwole Hammer Arm vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 413-486 (104.8 - 123.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
wtf
>>
File: 1474484214110.jpg (190KB, 671x649px) Image search: [Google]
1474484214110.jpg
190KB, 671x649px
>>30596770
Sorry OP, but sometimes RNG works in your favor.

TSQG-WWWW-WWW2-K4K7

note: these are my story mode shitmons
>>
>>30597155
>>30597299
Oh wait, it could have had sturdy.
>>
>>30596770
Ever heard of a Lum berry?
Seriously though, its just pure chance.
At some point in your long chain of battles, the RNG is gonna fuck you up.

So far the RNG has been working in my favor. Red and Blue's fights were pathetic in my 3 encounters, I didn't even lose a single mon in my 3 fights because of how rigged it was in my favor.

Its best not to leave things to chance when possible, I've missed 3 times in a row with a 90% accuracy move...
>>
Ai fucking cheats.
It's the only way it can keep up with us hugh jackmans
>>
Why is the AI retarded though?
>uses Pain Split when I have lower HP
>uses status moves when Misty Terrain is active
>lowers the attack of special Pokemon, and vice versa
>>
I can't believe people are having such a hard time getting to 50 battles.

Is /vp/ full of scrubs?
>>
>>30597564
>durr i spam UBs/tapus/megas how are you guys having so much trouble

some of us are trying to have fun
>>
>>30597590
literally beat it with A-Marowack, Aegislash, and Primarina
>>
>>30597343
Pfft thats nothing, tell me it wasn't rigged in my favor:
DX6G-WWWW-WWW2-K53A
>>
I'm pretty sure the AI cheats. There's no way I open Nihilego in a Battle Royal every opponents opens a Water-Type, with two of them having Gastrodon (The SAME Gastrodon) in the back.
>>
>>30597665
>Aegislash

wow i bet you're real proud
>>
>>30597043
>because survival is more important than raw sweeping power
Is it really though? Never managed to win a single battle because each time the opponents kill themselves and I don't have the opportunity to take a single kill.
Each time I'm supposed to ko a mon, it survives with 1-5 HP and manages to be ko by an opponent
>>
>>30596770
Use the misty terrain tapu, Pheromosa/Kartana, and a bulky volt/turner.
>>
>>30597043
Fuck the battle royal
>set foot in there, figure I'll get a little bp
>send out mudsdale
>all three opponents attack and destroy mudsdale
>repeat until I'm out of pokemon
Free for all my ass
>>
File: 1480973046886.png (38KB, 358x288px) Image search: [Google]
1480973046886.png
38KB, 358x288px
>>30596770
Hey OP, you should try this new strategy that helped me through stuff like this!

git gud
>>
what are some good teams for this? My current is Chandelure, Mimikyu, and Magneton and im just getting bored with it at this point I keep winning most things until I hit a stallmon and I just have to hope magneton can hold on
>>
>>30598402
>going into the battletree with shitmons
>>
>>30598402
>magneton
I hope you mean Magnezone
>>
>>30598456
>>30598506
>needing third evos in BT
>>
>>30598506
>Speed
>Evolite
>just beat 20 battles and leader champ red on 3rd try
Its like you cant use shitmons effectively
>>
>>30598679
>Magneton
>Speed
>>
>>30596923
You can max EV's using Isel Evelup in 36 hours using beans.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.