[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you even catch these things? I've wasted 90 ultraballs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

File: tapukoko.png (163KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tapukoko.png
163KB, 500x500px
How do you even catch these things?

I've wasted 90 ultraballs already.
Their catch rate is ridiculous
>>
try weakening the pokemon next time
>>
>>30595266

With Pokeballs.
>>
Status effects help with the catchrate.
>>
Hate to be that gut but it only took 12 ultra balls for me
>>
>>30595266
You're baiting right?
>>
>>30595278
>>30595290

Wow, you don't say
>>
>>30595295
Took me 2. OP should try Timer balls out
>>
>>30595266
I used yawn and spammed the shit out of it. Caught it once on my second ultra ball and presumed that they would be easy to catch. Saw the nature and decided to reset for another one. Took me a fucking hour to catch 1 more. At that point I didn't even care.
>>
>>30595303
Little known tip, if you have caught a lot of mons, sometimes you get what's known as a critical capture.
>>
>>30595266
Koko took the longest for me since I couldn't para but it still took less than ten.

Koko learn's false swipe, T-wave and nature's madness so he's great for catching the others.
>>
>>30595295
Hate to be that guy, but all 4 of them took me no more than 20.

I caught 2 in great balls, and the other two in ultras.
>>
>>30595295
>>30595371
Good for you
>>
>>30595266
>>30595371
Hate to be that guy, but in a Pokeball.
>>
>>30595452
must be some fucking genwunner who wants to catch em all.
>>
>>30595452
MODS
>>
File: 1480601103157.gif (3MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1480601103157.gif
3MB, 360x360px
>>30595452
Enjoy your ban my man.
>>
I used 1 (one) fast ball
>>
>>30595266
T I M E R. B A L L S
>>
>>30595452
>being this new
>>
Paralyze
False Swipe
Have Timer Balls on reserve when you suspect they're running out of PP
Use Dusk Balls at night
Use Net Balls on Fini
>>
>>30595295
Caught it with one dusk ball no damage on my first try, but the nature was shit.
>>
Just like OP, I spent dozens of ultra-ball and luxury ball on him. Then, when I'm all out, I got it 3 great balls later.

Balltism isn't for me
>>
>>30595266
They're high but not unbearably high.

Koko took a while, Lele did too, and Fini was taking so long that I just decided to use my Master Ball.

But Bulu was super easy, got it on the third try at half health.
>>
>>30596119
>electric type
>paralysis
>>
Once I got 1 Tapu it was easy to get the rest because you cancel out their terrain and Nature's Madness and the Z-version were better than my false swiper who was fucking Golisopod. Just remember that Nature's Madness deals a minimum of 1 damage, so it can kill.

Burn Fini after she uses Aqua Ring since Burn is only 1/16th now so you can keep her locked at 1 HP.

After getting Koko, it took about an hour to get the others with the right natures in standard Poke Balls. (Lele 15 minutes no SR, Bulu 40 minutes 1 SR, Fini 10 minutes 1 SR).
>>
>>30595266
I used a lot of Ultras and it never went in, but was okay with a premier
>>
>>30595266
I got them all in standard balls. You're just trash at catching shit
>>
>not unbearably high
>all have the same catch rate
>the lowest catch rate
>>
With Koko it just wouldn't stay in the ball unless I managed to get his HP down to 5 or something. It took like 8 balls anyway.

With Lele I tried everything, wasted probably 15 balls. Then I decided to load the save, take lv 61 Decidueye back from the box and made it the first of the team.
Caught it on the first try, with still 1/4 HP left.
Go figure.
>>
>>30595452
>Saying you won't catch 'em all
>on /vp/, the place that will notoriously ban you for not catching them all.
Have fun being banned.
>>
>>30595452
Whose the nerd now?
>>
>>30595266
pfft, i caught all the tapu's in non standard balls

well except koko, but only because the ultra ball suits him

koko - ultra ball
lele - heal ball
fini - dive ball
bulu - repeat ball

even made sure to get decent natures on them

fini was the worst though, bloody aqua ring
>>
>>30595266
>how do you catch these
Sleep and false swipe, for fini its a little harder.
Sleep gives a 10x multiplier in the capture equation somewhere, which also means it sort of balances the beast ball with the pokeball for things like Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma.

You'll actually want to use Master Ball on Koko, Fini and Lele anyway
>inb4 balltists
hidden power is way too beneficial and you aren't going to farm these fuckers as well as you could be without a master ball. Get someone to change that shit later, it's worth it.

The chances of the correct hidden power is something like 1/38 or less. This is the TRUE struggle.
>>
>tapu bulu
>paralyze turn 1 and catch it with a nest ball turn 2
>>
>>30595331
also if you weaken the pokemon by doing damage, makes it easier to catch
>>
What's the best Hypnosis/Spore user in the game?
>>
I reset three times to get the right nature, took me max 30 min. Just wait out electric surge, sleep him and ez catch 2 ultra balls maybe max.
>>
>>30596881
It depends because both hypnosis AND powders can go against immunities equally.

I used butterfree for powder bc compound eyes.
I used Persian with hypnosis bc immunity to psychic.
I used Pallosand with hypnosis bc immunity to electric.
>>
The Tapu are the only pokémon I'm currently missing from the dex (other than 3/4 of the QR Scanner exclusives). I've been saving them for last because I'm planning on soft-resetting for them. For balltism purposes I'm planning

>Koko: Ultra Ball
>Lele: Heal Ball
>Fini: Dive Ball
>Bulu: idk, maybe Nest Ball?

Also, which Natures should I go for each one of them?
>>
>>30596676
Oh man. Aqua Ring was maybe the worst. So many wasted resets on mistimed Mimikyu shadow sneaks
>>
>>30597014
Timid for Koko, Adamant for Bulu
Not sure about the others though
>>
>>30596477
Well, next time try to make sure your false sweeper is not busy with Golisopod, it may result in a better performance.
>>
>>30597014

koko - timid
lele - modest
fini - calm
bulu - adamant
>>
>>30597104
i used a klefki to use heal block, which helped, but kept wearing off, so i was constantly switching between klefki, palossand for hypnosis, and sneasel for false swipe

and had to do catch it a few imes because my synchronizer didn't work until the fourth catch
>>
>>30595266
Carefully wittle down HP, false swipe a best
Sleep it
Toss balls
Repeat until caught

Though Fini was an absolute bitch with aqua ring so I SR'd until I got in a lure ball on the first turn
>>
>>30595266
Try having the burning need to catch everything in poke balls and spending 4 hours trying to catch anything with a 3 catch rate.
>>
>>30597183
>about to catch it
>natures madness
>golisopod half health
>emergency exit
>battle ends

fug
>>
>>30597375
>catch rate 3
>WITH BEAST BALLS

I was inititally planning on catching Necrozma on a Beast Ball. 5 hours later, I got so fed up I just threw a Master Ball. Miss me witht hat gay shit
>>
>>30595266

I really don't get how you people can struggle at all, I captured them all within the first few balls. hell, Tapu Fini, who I've seen everyone complain about, I cappedo nthee first Dusk Ball.

You guys have shit luck
>>
>>30597014
>tapu koko in ANYTHING but a timer ball
>>
File: 1480711822010.png (116KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
1480711822010.png
116KB, 500x464px
>>30595266
>fainted kek
>rage quit with lel
>didnt even bother with bul because of previous experience with lel

>caught fin first time no status with an untrained ball
>mfw
>>
>>30597479
>I really don't get how you people can struggle at all
>You guys have shit luck
Not everyone is lucky.
>>
>>30597578
Ultra*
>>
>>30595266
Only Fini is difficult. The others don't take much effort at all.

I think I used less than 10 in total.
>>
>>30597121
>>30597186
>Timid Koko
I have read about mixed Koko. But really works?
I don't have catch any Tapu yet. So I want to catch they soon.
>>
>>30597186
Fini should be Bold and Lele Timid. Naive works fine on Koko too.
>>
i got tapu koko on my first ultra ball just saying
>>
False Swipe, Freeze, Drowse, or Paralyze then capture. Caught all Tapu's in Great Ball's.
>>
Fucking Fini Aqua Ring shit. Took me too long.

Even Necrozma took less time.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.