[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The mania dies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: only-151-pokemon_o_1760893.jpg (411KB, 600x730px) Image search: [Google]
only-151-pokemon_o_1760893.jpg
411KB, 600x730px
>You will never experience the fallout of Pokemania
So we all know what the fad was like, but what was the fallout like? I actually never noticed Pokemon stopped being super popular anymore until around Gen 5, believe it or not.

That was a rude wakeup call.
>>
>>30595150
I think it just went from being popular as hell to being something nobody talked about anymore.

I know for a fact a ton of people still played the games at my school during 3rd gen.
I feel people began to be embarassed of playing a kids game at that age though.
>"You still play pokemon?"
>>
>>30595150
It's literally the same as the Pokemon go fallout.

>>30595231
Kids still played it as intended, but people stop being kids at some point.
>>
>>30595150
were*
>>
>>30595150
Here the "phenomenon" disappeared already during gen III.
I was 12 then and in my whole middle school I knew only two kids beside me who had the game. One had Sapphire because he had rich parents who bought him every "new cool thing for kids" that came out (he would also have a PS2 before everyone, and a PS3 before everyone, you know the deal), the other had LeafGreen only because I convinced him to buy a copy on the same day I bought FireRed.
That's when I felt the games became more of a "nerd kid" thing and the regular kids stopped hearing about it or even caring about it. In fact, the commercials and the media attention for gen III were nowhere near the amount of when the craze was happening, thus proving that it was a fad: you have to be hardcore about it to care about it a third time.

When gen IV came out I was in a high school with a 90-10 normies-nerds ratio and put my interest in games on standby (only to come back to it at 19), so I didn't even know it came out. I would have cared if I knew, but I just never heard about it from anyone.

Then of course, when gen V came out I was 18 and, being a millenial, that's when the sense of nostalgia starts kicking in already. Nintendo was smart about it and went on an all out "remember pokeyman?" campain and we fell for the fad again. No escape this time.
>>
File: HhpgElT.gif (600KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
HhpgElT.gif
600KB, 500x281px
>we all know what the fad was like
>>
>>30595150
>You will never experience the fallout of Pokemania

Speak for yourself. I was 14 when Gen I came out in the U.S., perfect age to experience the rise and decline of Pokemania.
>>
>>30595150
Pokemon went from being a "normie" thing to a less popular "nerdy" thing, that you never publicly admit to still playing. At least, if my middle school experience was normal.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.