[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions that don't deserve their own thread thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 24

File: obj_slot_15_preview.png (4KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
obj_slot_15_preview.png
4KB, 256x256px
Questions that don't deserve their own thread thread
>>
there is no other way to get lucky eggs other than the one given by kukui?
>>
What's the best place to level up to 100 in Sun.
>>
>>30593318
elite4
>>
>>30593286
Doesn't seem like it, unfortunately
>>
What's the most efficient way to get more money?
>>
>>30593401
Do elite4 with event snorlax holding amulet coin + using happy hour
>>
how hard is it to breed perfect Pokemon?
>>
>>30593401
Buffet, quit after the 9th turn since if you don't complete the 10th turn you can restart
>>
Do we know if MMing or Chaining is the best way to hunt shinies?
>>
>>30593445
Once you got a 6IV Ditto, not terribly hard. Biggest factors are egg steps and which ability you want, which is not guaranteed to breed down

Hardest for me so far was getting a 5IV rough skin Gible. 10k egg steps and HA. Still took about 1,5 boxes before I got it.

Rest is usually done in half a box if you change the non-Ditto pokemon in the daycare with one with better/more IVs.
>>
>>30593486
Chaining is pretty efficient if you've got a proper setup (leppa refresh switcheroo).
>>
Two questions
>can you catch Gengar in the abandoned supermarket?
Also really not bish but
>How do you see your pokemons IVs? I see screenshots here but I can't seem to find how.
>>
>>30593574
*noobish not fucking not bish
Can't wait to get home
>>
>>30593554
Please explain.
>>
>>30593574
>can you catch Gengar in the abandoned supermarket?
no

>How do you see your pokemons IVs? I see screenshots here but I can't seem to find how.
Post game, tak to the guy at Battle Tower. He will upgrade your PC with a 'Judge' button, which will say stuff like 'decent' or 'good' next to your pokemon's stats which indicate IVs.

'Best' = 31 IVs, 'No good' = 0 IVs. For everything in between just Google.
>>
>>30593616
Thanks man. The Gengar thing sucks because the pokedex says so. Lying little shit.
>>
>>30593605
Switcheroo is only for chaining IV/shiny Ditto's using a pokemon with just Recycle where the wild Ditto transforms into.

For the rest, see
>http://pokemongohub.net/pokemon-sun-moon-advanced-s-o-s-chaining-guide/
>>
>>30593646
Actually, disregard that. Gengar does appear, but only in SOS battles there.

http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/alola/thriftymegamart.shtml

My bad, anon.
>>
>>30593646
You can catch a Gengar in the supermarket. Rare chance to show up if a Haunter calls for help.
>>
>>30593509
I don't have a 6IV Ditto, I missed all those giveaways
Can I breed my own? Is that possible?
>>
>>30593778
I can clone you one if you want fampai
>>
>>30593680
>>30593696
Got you. Thanks. Haven't tried SOSing for him just encounters. On the plus side I've got more than a few mimikyus. Going to breed one for Sun playthrough when the bank opens.
>>
>>30593261
Anyone have photos of the golf course that's not accessible, but partially finished? thanks
>>
dub question

how old do yo think MIna is?

Trial captains have to be under 20 but she looks older than the others, so maybe she is 18 or 19
>>
>>30593816
Thought she looked like a middle aged woman tbqh though with the 20 thing that's not possible. She must be about 19/20 then.
>>
>>30593792
that would be really helpful, anon, thanks
I'll put a Wingull up on GTS searching for Ditto (what level should I search?)
IGN is Jared
>>
Is Shell Smash on Turtonator a meme? Should I go bulky special attacker instead?
>>
>>30593883
Lv 100
>>
Haven't gotten SM yet, but what's the chance there's gonna be a third version this gen?

Yes, i know there wasn't in Gen6 or 5, but i want to know if there seems like there's stuff missing at the end, or unfinished plots or something that might hint at a third version
>>
What Pokemon should I add to my team consisting of Mimikyu, Golisopod and Weavile?

Stylepoints are more important than competetive, but it shouldn't be absolute shitmons.

Thinking of adding Skarmory and Umbreon but there is still one slot left and I have no Special-Attack Sweeper
>>
>>30593951
alright, it's up
>>
>>30593970
>gen 5
>bw2

There's lots of rumors and specuation about Pokémon Stars, which is rumored to be released on the Switch. Nothing confirmed yet. And yeah it does seem like SM was rushed for release and/or will get content patches (unlikely)
>>
>>30594004
There you go anon. Also with free Destiny Knot to help your breeding endeavours
>>
>>30593970
rumors are going around that there'll be a version for Switch codenamed Pokémon Stars

>>30593792
Can I get in on that? Very close to finishing my pokédex but if I'm gonna breed to complete it I'd rather not breed bad pokémon.
>>
I'm planning a BW2 team using Pokemon I haven't used all that much, how is this?
>Aggron
>Scolipede
>Ampharos
>Golduck
>Serperior
>Chandelure
>>
>>30593261
How the hell the QR scan work?
I just used it to get the legendary pokemon, but I think you can only scan once per day and after 10 times you get to catch an old pokemon that is not in the alola dex or some shit like that.

Can you scan pokemon you already own?
>>
>>30594042
>Can I get in on that? Very close to finishing my pokédex but if I'm gonna breed to complete it I'd rather not breed bad pokémon.

I need to go now and do other stuff. I'll clone and giveaway a box full of them later tonight or in a day or two
>>
>>30593778

you can't breed dittos, and you can only guarantee 4ivs from sos chaining, so even 5 IV Dittos are pretty fucking rare and 6 IVs is like getting a royal flush on the draw, going all in, and losing to 5 of a kind

for this reason, pretty much every 6iv ditto floating around is a result of injection and similar methods

if you were adverse to this kind of play, it's still not completely horrible to get 5-6iv pokemon, just a little harder, you ABSOLUTELY NEED A DESTINY KNOT and then two 4 IV dittos from SOS chaining with complementing stats
>>
>>30593970
it looks like remakes seem more likely

here is the thing, they could be sinnoh remakes becuae it has been 10 years since diamond and pearl came out

or they could be kanto remakes/sequels because a lot of people in alola mention things about kanto

stars could be a a sequel too and it will be for the switch, but since we have clear idea of how the switch will handle games, stars could really be anything
>>
>>30594040
Thank you!!

I've never bred Pokemon before, but I'll try my best. And when I finally do breed some worthy Pokemon I'll have a giveaway of my own
>>
>>30594005
I'm surprised they've never done content patches.
It seems like an assured money maker if they did them.
>>
>>30594057
>scan qr code
>accumulate 10 points (up to 100 max)
>use 100 points for island scan to get a non-alola dex pokemon
>points reset after island scan btw

Google for QR codes
>>
>>30594057
You get one scan every 2h.
Scanning a pokémon makes it as if you've seen it, but not caught it, and gives you 10 points. Accumulating 100 points allows you to use Island Scan, which will reveal a pokémon from outside Alola in the island you're on. The pokémon is determined by island and weekday you use the scan on.
>>
I have a Timid Lunala. What EV spread should I give her?
>>
>>30594064
Sweet, thanks.
>>
>>30594096
Wasn't really viable on the older Nintendo handheld consoles or even the regular DS. 3DS has update functionality and you could use those for content patches (see Smash Bros).
>>
Is there an "Adventured ended on" stat on the Trainer Passport like there is in other games. It seems like there would be because of the "Adventured started on" stat

i still have not beaten the game despite getting it on release
>>
>>30594196
The Pokémon adventure never ends, anon
>>
Where exactly in Vast Poni Canyon can I find Jangmo-os that can call its evolutions?
Serebii just says "Top" and "Under Tree" but that's kind of vague. Is it in grass/cave/both?
>>
>>30594210
it does in every other game! does it display it on the ID this time or no
>>
>>30594005
I'm guessing Switch games can't be played on 3DS
But they wouldn't jump to the next console-gen in the middle of a game-gen

>>30594087
>KANTO KANFRIMMED!
Just stop
>>
I've not used a starter sense gen 3 (beyond getting my first non starter mon) as a sort of self imposed challenge I'm thinking of breaking that rule

What starter should I choose/trade for to play through the game with? I'm thinking frokie cause greninja looks cool

Also where did the characters get their nicknames on here. For example the girl is chicken-chan

I'm assuming not in game but I haven't booted it up at all yet.
>>
>>30593989
Umbreon is a tough one. I've got him in my non competitive eveelution team. I needed him as a tank he's not an exceptional tank but as far as the evees go he's the best. He's got a poor move pool quite frankly at lvl 57 bite is his best attack. I can't say I'd use him if I didn't have to. Best evees in my opinion are slyveon, espeon and jolteon. I left leafeon and glaceon out of my team for umbreon and vapereon.
>>
Are there special buyers for items?
Like NPCs that'd buy Tiny Mushrooms for more than the pokémart or similar.
>>
>>30594278
of all the generations, you break your rule on this, the shittiest one
having said that, go with Rowlet
>>
>>30594224
grass outside caves
>>
>>30594278
You can't breed Ash-Greninja and thus not get Froakie yet until Bank is released in january.

Honestly, pick any of the 3 starters. They're all pretty decent. I like the fire one (Litten) myself.

Chicken-chan is the meme name of the female player character because of the default (chicken-like) hat.
>>
File: chicken16.jpg (143KB, 2799x2559px) Image search: [Google]
chicken16.jpg
143KB, 2799x2559px
>>30594278
>For example the girl is chicken-chan

her hat looks like the giblets on a chicken's head
>>
>>30594312
Ok, thanks
>>
>>30594341
I can't unsee that now... well at least I understand
>>
I beat two days ago and I decided to explore every spot on the islands before going forward.
I discovered that you were able to fight the captains (the were really low level, shame) in their houses.

But I can't find the location of the green haired girl.

Anyone know if you can rematch her?
>>
do the exp boosters (lucky egg, refresh affection, different OT) increase exp given through exp share?
>>
>>30594390
you can only in Moon
>>
>>30594390
*beat E4*
>>
>>30594403
Yes. They also stack, I believe. E.g. lucky egg on participating mon and lucky egg on mon in your party that you're training.
>>
After beating the game, where do I find Hau?
Want to get the other 2 starter Z Stones
>>
>>30594403

yes, but separately for each pokemon

for example, your lead carrying lucky egg increases the xp it gets, but doesnt change how much xp share is given to backliners, but a backliner can carry the lucky egg and icnrease its xp received from xp share
>>
File: gib.jpg (21KB, 372x260px) Image search: [Google]
gib.jpg
21KB, 372x260px
Is there seriously no better way to grind shit than the E4?
>>
>>30593261 Is it possible to hack your way into the scrapped golf course at the Hano resort? If so, are there any videos of this?
>>
>>30594475
He shows up at your house and gives them to you. You can't miss them.
>>
>>30593661
Why icicle spear? Is there a particular reason or I could use something like aerial ace so I don't have to care about missing
>>
Got all 4 stamps for 100% catch on the islands and evolved silvally, but dex is only at 96%

What do?
>>
How do you increase box size?

Can you make a living dex in this one?
>>
>>30594538
UBs, Magearna, Marshadow, Necrozma, idk
>>
>>30594524

hits through sturdy and substitutes and what not
>>
>>30594538
Hope you like waiting for Mythicals like Marshadow
>>
>>30594589

when you have a pokemon in each box, exiting and reopening the pc will increase the boxes

and yeah, I have a living dex in moon except some trade evolutions I already have in bank anyway
>>
>>30594592
Wait, the UB count for dex completion despite not being from here?!
>>
>>30594538
All Tapus
All UBs + Necrozma
Pretty sure all Zygarde forms
Cosmog, Cosmoem and other box legend
>>
>>30594494
For FUCKING real I'm like 13 levels below those cunts, there must be somewhere else to grind as I complete the dex.
>>
>>30594649

you can just grind level 58 snubbuls and shit south of the battle tree
>>
>>30594052
It's good, and you're using half my original B2 team too
>>
>>30594498
There are map hacks easily available through pkhex, but unless you go through all the maps yourself (which would take forever unless there is a 3ds hex editor) there isn't a way of telling which map is which. I'm unsure if anyone has documented which # corresponds to a map.

Its quite possible it has been done, I heard the golf course was already textured.

I was wondering the same thing but am far too lazy to do it myself.
>>
How do I get Castform/Politoed outside of trading?
>>
Wtf is wrong with the GTS? Why does every person ask for a legendary and/or lvl 91+?`

The only time I actually find something to trade it "has already been traded" every time..
>>
>>30594763
Because you can't no longer type messages with "6IV Ditto 100% legit"
>>
>>30594763
Try depositing shit for reasonable offers
Alternatively just throw in a Weavile/Porygon-Z and ask for literally anything you need
>>
>>30594746

during weather they can show up in place of regular sos call-ins, look for locations on serebii

still though, way easier to trade, just get an egg of your starter or some 1% fishing 20% fishing spot poke and put it up for what you want with no level restriction
>>
>>30593261
2 questions:

When I go on Serebii and see Pokémon that can only be found under "Fish Special"; what is that? Of course he didn't specify on the site and other sites I found on Google didn't specify either. I originally looked it up before I beat the game and assumed there was another rod but I'm well past the post game and still don't know.

Second question: what's a good nature for tapu lele?
>>
Anyone know where I'd be able to get a 6IV Ditto
>>
>>30594924
A friend of mine got a Trubbish with only Recycle, a Hypno with Switcheroo (Leppa Berry), a Muk with only Memento, and then locks them in an endless loop for about 60-100 turns. Forgot the details, but that's how it went.
>>
>>30594905

fishing special spots are fishing spots with ripples

>>30594924

injection
>>
>>30595028

sos chaining caps at 4 guaranteed ivs around 30 chains, going past that stops increasing the chance of getting better ivs
>>
>read that you need to use a compound eyes butterfree to get items
>the ability doesn't tell you when you get a pokemon with an item
What I am missing here? Most pokemon in Sun/Moon has like 5% drop rate.

Should I'll use Thief every time I face a pokemon or something?
>>
>>30595115

basically yeah

can make it easier on yourself by false swiping the first one, then using compund eyes thief on its friends, compundeyes icnrease 5% to like 20%
>>
Hypothetically, if you wanted to make a physical attacking Lickilicky, with Explosion, Normium Z, Power Whip and Swords Dance, what would the best nature be for him? One that promotes Atk, Def, or Spd?
>>
>>30594649
sos golbat at resolution cave
>>
Looking for some team advice. Nothing competitive, just looking for a more balanced team for the main game.

Currently using

Incineroar
A-Marowak
Golisopod
Bouncee
Kadabra
Blank spot used for leveling usually

I'm aware Incineroar and A-Marowak sadly kind of overlap but... both are so rad I don't wanna lose either. Kadabra is stuck without anyone to trade with, so what would be an ideal good alternative? I have Moon, and I think I'm getting pretty close to Lunala so that'd be the obvious choice, but anything else?
>>
>>30594293
I would play Umbreon with Wish.

Speaking about this: What is the easiest way to teach Smeargle Wish so I can breed it with Eevee?
>>
>>30594087
If GF remakes Kanto for a second time instead of Sinnoh I might actually not buy a pokemon game for once.
>>
>>30595484
>Bouncee

Err Tsareena obviously. Them NPC trade nicknames.
>>
>>30594042
>>30594144
Still here, anon?
>>
>>30595535
Yeah, I'm here. Should I put something up?
>>
>>30595589
Yeah I got a present for you. Throw something up and post IGN and message.
>>
File: IMG_20161207_124613_610.jpg (369KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161207_124613_610.jpg
369KB, 1600x1200px
Is there a way to view your own stats like you can with people in the plaza?
>>
>>30595615
lv17 Pikipek
IGN Matt
"I want to fill my Pokédex with other languages"
>>
Where do I get the Alolan exeggutor shirt Dexio wears?
>>
>>30595722
There you go
>>
>>30595740
I think you have it by default. I put mine on in the first clothing store I saw, in Hau'oli iirc.
>>
>>30595780
Thanks a bunch, dude!
>>
File: 8e3.jpg (67KB, 700x666px) Image search: [Google]
8e3.jpg
67KB, 700x666px
>>30595826
You're welcome fampai
>>
>catch 100.000.000
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

It is the first global challenge? What are we going to miss? Hopefully, not Moon Balls or something great like that.
>>
File: 1481047474140.jpg (574KB, 982x1539px) Image search: [Google]
1481047474140.jpg
574KB, 982x1539px
At level 50, how much more points in a stat means to have 252 ev?

More or less.
>>
Is contrary snivy possible this gen?
>>
>>30596953
252 EVs = +63 in a stat at 100
+~32 in a stat at level 50
>>
Can you coop the battle tree?
>>
>>30597028

on local wireless
>>
>>30596953
32 if the IV is odd.
31 if the IV is even.
>>
I know gyarados is the big thing right now but honestly im tired of seeing it, is bold milotic still doing good?
>>
Is Hyper Training unlocked for all of my pokemon once one of them reaches level 100 or is it only for pokemon that reach level 100.
>>
>>30596878
just festival points
>>
if I put beans in Isle Avue, do the eggs hatch faster?
>>
if you have over 50% of the cores and cells, can you create dog zygardes without going snake straight away?
>>
>>30597498
yeah, but its a waste of beans when you can hatch them normally
>>
>>30597430
only for level 100 mons
>>
>>30597473
What a shitty reward. Totally wasted my time catching 200 pokemon
>>
>>30597541
Follow-up questions, then. Does running in Festival Plaza count as steps to hatching? And is there a good spot to hatch them quickly, otherwise?
>>
Can Wormadam Trash and Sand learn Leech Life through TM? They want healing moves.

Serebii and Bulbapedo are giving me nothing.
>>
>>30597551
Jesus fuck. What's the most efficient way to raise levels in this game? Poke Pelgeo's Isle Level Up, or Refresh bonus + Lucky egg while grinding the elite 4?
>>
>>30597607

at the ranch, right south of the house where you breed is a little enclosure, walk in, get on tauros, and then just spin, turn sound on a little bit while you watch tv and when the music stops, your egg hatched
>>
>>30597663
The second option. If you have the time for it, that is.
>>
File: 1478040255228.jpg (1MB, 2261x2076px) Image search: [Google]
1478040255228.jpg
1MB, 2261x2076px
Sorry I'm such an idiot, but how do I get to the battle tree? I finished elite 4 and don't see how to get to that new route.
>>
>>30593261
How do Fortune tellers work? They give me lucky phrases but they don't trigger anything special at the places
I still get berry juice and other shit
>>
>>30597732
Head back to Poni Island and explore the other path at the Kahuna's house. There's strong trainers you have to go through as well as another fight once you reach it so be prepared.
>>
>>30597732

from seafolk village, head east until you cant go east, then north until you cant go north
>>
>>30597732
Finish exploring Poni Island.
>>
I've been teaching this Eevee TM moves for 20 minutes and it still won't evolve into Umbreon. What is going on here? Is there a cap to how much happiness it can get from TM moves?
>>
>>30597779
They still need to level up, you know?
>>
>>30597691
>they only have five pokemon and are at level 63
Oh I am not going to enjoy this.
>>
>>30597759

I don't think the actual effect is known, likely to be just increased chance at better reward, but like what's the difference between 1/1000 and 1/500, right, when you only have 1 chance
>>
File: spikes.png (271KB, 761x494px) Image search: [Google]
spikes.png
271KB, 761x494px
I want to make a spiky team. What would be the best choices?
>>
>>30597625
>Serebii and Bulbapedo are giving me nothing

That means they can't learn it, Einstein.
>>
>>30597779

I didnt even know they could get happiness from learning TMs, always just feed em like 30 berries

but like >>30597795 said, it has to level up to evolve
>>
>>30597850
I know tell me about it
Festival plaza is the worst shit
>>
>>30597779
Unless they changed the mechanics this gen, TMs don't raise happiness.
>>
>>30597876
Nidoking
>>
>Put a Rowlet asking for a Litten
>20 minutes, still no trade
>Put a Haunter asking for a Haunter
>5 seconds later, trade completed
Well, who the fuck name his Gengar A1881BOO
>>
>>30597795
Yeah I know, I've fed it a few rare candies inbetween teaching sessions but whenever I check with that one NPC in konikoni it's still the 'greater combo' line

>>30597949
everything i've seen on happiness about sun/moon says they do and you can exploit that
>>
>>30598060
>everything i've seen on happiness about sun/moon says they do and you can exploit that

source, cause pretty sure that's not true
>>
>>30597949
I used TMs to make my Munchlax evolve
>>
After I get two 5 iv pokes from breeding do I put those two in for the 6th iv or keep breeding with a 6 iv ditto? When do I start breeding for nature?
>>
File: Captains.png (653KB, 847x525px) Image search: [Google]
Captains.png
653KB, 847x525px
After fighting them for firsts time after finding them in their rooms, can you rematch them?
>>
How many IVs can I get from chaining? How long does it take?
>>
>>30598118
>After I get two 5 iv pokes from breeding do I put those two in for the 6th iv or keep breeding with a 6 iv ditto?

Keep using the Ditto.

>When do I start breeding for nature?

That should've been the first thing you did m8.
>>
What do i name my chicken?
>>
>>30598216
Something Moe
>>
>>30598147
Lana is in both versions, she lives in Konikoni
Mallow rematch is Moon only, also in Konikoni
Kiawe rematch is Sun only, he lives in Paniola
No clue about Sophocles
>>
>>30598242
Cool, I thought you could only fight them once since in their Bulbapedia pages there's only one team listed.
>>
How many sessions does a Pokemon need in the Pelago to reach max EVs?
>>
>>30598272
>>
>>30598174

4 ivs guaranteed after 30 chains
>>
>>30598272
63. 128 if you want all 510
>>
>>30598272

level of the island determines evs per session

level 1= 1
level 2= 2
level 3= 4

at 4 evs per session, its 63 sessions for 252 evs
>>
>>30598107
>>30598107
You could've just googled it yourself
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/186834/20161123/pok%C3%A9mon-sun-and-moon-guide-how-to-increase-happiness-quickly.htm
http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/73808/20161124/pokemon-sun-moon-guide-how-to-increase-friendship-or-happiness-quickly.htm
http://www.gamesradar.com/heres-how-to-boost-your-pokemons-happiness-in-pokemon-sun-and-moon/
>>
>>30598304
Thanks
>>
>>30598332
>63 sessions
>every session is like 90 hours
Are they fucking retarded?
>>
File: 1443768089137.gif (537KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1443768089137.gif
537KB, 500x281px
>>30598290
>>30598314
>>30598332
Thanks, anons. Even I didn't know about the EV/hr thing
>>
>>30593385
Don't chansey carry them in the wild? A nuissance for sure, but it's a resource.

That or just inject it :^)
>>
>>30598427

each session is 30 minutes, 15 with berry box, its like 30 hours to max out a pokemon, but takes less than 5 minutes of actually playing the game
>>
>>30598473

no wild carry, just the one per game
>>
>>30598491
Since we're talking about EV training, where are the best places to train for a specific stat?
>>
>>30598437
People will bash me for this but if you need guides on how to prepare your pokemon correctly, even if you're not into competitive, check Smogon.
I personally hate Smogon and competitive playing but their XY guides for each pokemon sure are useful for getting the most of your pokemon.
>>
>>30598549

not sure, I just used poke pelago to ev train, but I know that evs increase as you sos chain, so if you wanted attack evs, you can find a pokemon that gives attack evs, and sos chain it for a while, but I dont have the numbers you need to be able to track it as you go
>>
>>30598242
>I can't rebattle Ilima

I think I'm afraid I can't rebattle Lana nor Mallow.
>>
Can you upgrade your shops in Festival Plaza?

If it has two stars I can upgrade it to 3?
>>
>>30598753

replace, not upgrade, your 2 star shop will always be a 2 star shop until you replace it with something else

you can get shops from sophocles occasionally when you upgrade your rank or buy them from otehr trainers visiting your plaza
>>
Jolly or Adamant Garchomp?
>>
>>30598920
Jolly.
>>
>>30598920
Modest - No one would see a special chop coming. You'll catch them by surprise!
>>
Where can I find a ditto? Is it postgame?
>>
>>30598985
In the hill where you meet Molayne.
>>
>>30598985
No, I captured one right before Sophocles challenge.
In that area
>>
>>30598985

Mount Hokulani
>>
>>30598920
Adamant may work for Scarf-Chomp, but I'd recommend Jolly.
>>
File: IMG_5106.gif (789KB, 525x335px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5106.gif
789KB, 525x335px
How and when do you meet special trainers in the battle tree?

>pic related
>>
>>30599107
every 10 iirc
>>
File: IMG_5126.gif (238KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5126.gif
238KB, 400x400px
>>30599325
thanks
>>
>>30593509
Are you using a Fletchinder with flame body? Must have if you are breeding a lot.
>>
>>30597525
bump
>>
How the fuck do you dye clothes? There's no dye shop in my festival plaza. I want pink stuff for my chicken.
>>
>>30599436
Magby with Flame Body yeah
>>
>>30599825
You need to unlock a shop for it. It's all RNG so good luck
>>
anyone know the exact points system in battle royal?
>>
Is there an easy way to get the destiny knot? I dont want to do the battle tree yet and I dont want to farm it with pickup. Why dont they just give it to you like XY?
>>
>>30599325
What's iirc
>>
>>30599901

if I recall correctly

>>30599864

lose battle royal 48 times
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 289x174px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 289x174px
Is there a way to know when to stop chaining? I'm never sure how long chains have to be to get hidden abilities, and I've chained this cutie a few times but always get the normal ability
>>
>>30600031

HAs can show up pretty early, seen it as early as 15 and it doesnt seem to get any more common the farther in you go

IVs stop increasing after the 30th sos or so
>>
Bottle Caps Question: Magearna as an example, if I am wanting a specific HP High IVs in particular stats don't matter as long as I get the HP I want because I can just bottle cap it right?
>>
>>30600031
HA's start around 20-30 usually in my experience

It's helpful to have something with worry seed like exeggutor to start checking their abilities around then.
>>
>>30600093

bottle caps dont change hidden power
>>
>>30600031
You should just bring something that can check abilities, there's no guarenteed point for HA I think.
>>
>>30593261

Where is the Lurantis reverse rape art?
>>
>>30600066
>>30600119
>>30600180
Thanks, you're all great
>>
Is it possible to get a lvl 1 rattata with quick attack and endeavor for SM?
Reading the serebii, it says it doesn't have those egg moves.
>>
>>30600398

it learns them through level up, you can get them at level 1 if both parents have them I think
>>
>>30593261

Just completed Story Mode in Sun/Moon, but realized I never fought the trial leaders.

HOW THE FUCK DO I FIGHT THEM, ESPECALLY LANA?
>>
>>30600560

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/trialcaptains.shtml
>>
File: 34800398_p20.jpg (465KB, 786x700px) Image search: [Google]
34800398_p20.jpg
465KB, 786x700px
>>30600560
>Beat Elite4
>Long cutscene
>Fighting the Tapu Koko pokemon
>My first pokemon is Golisopod
>The ability trigger and the battle immediately end
>Lillie disappointed face then
>>
Other than being able to find and capture them easily, is there any other advantage to using Abras as your synchronizors?
>>
>>30600645

they're cute?
>>
If you trade an egg to someone with a japanese 3ds and they hatch it, does it say it's a japanese ditto that could be used for the masuda method in the game the egg came from? Also which OT id does it keep?
>>
>>30600720

whoever hatches it is the OT
>>
>>30600781
What about the country?
>>
In your experience, how long of a chain does one need to build in order to find a HA of a Pokémon?

I forgot to bring a worry seed guy and I'm 10 deep, should I just catch one and bail and try again? Or do I have a solid chance if I just go up to say, 30?
>>
>>30600619
Koko can be rematched if you run or KO him, just go back to his statue. Think it only works once, though.
>>
>>30600810

all information regarding where it comes from it generated when the egg hatches

>>30600863

seen it as early as 15, average around 30, continuing for hundreds doesnt seem to change the rate
>>
How can i farm the most likes for the poke finder? 1.5 million is hard
>>
>>30600898
Thanks
>>
File: 1479582750925.png (178KB, 402x335px) Image search: [Google]
1479582750925.png
178KB, 402x335px
Jesus Battle Royale is hard. Do I just suck?

Tips?

>inb4 get gud
I'm literally trying.

Also, does Ninetales' SpA kinda suck?
I have a timid with decent IVs and at lvl 51 it's only 107

Same question with Starmie, lvl 51 116 SpA. I've used it before and remember it packing a bigger punch.
>>
>>30600966
This. So much this. Also, what do you get for level 5? Is that the last level?
>>
Are UBs breedable?
>>
>>30600645
Does Synchronize affect the Pokemon who show up as backup during the SOS chain battles?
>>
>>30593942
Don't know if your still here but I like Modest with Focus Miss, Flamethrower, Flash Cannon and Dragon Pulse
>>
>>30601159

ninetales is 81 bst and starmie is 100

EVs play a big part as well, representing about 30 potential points at level 50

but neither of those are going to hit the power of pokemon like alakazam and gengar who have bst 135 and 130 respectively

the power of the move you're using, whether or not its a STAB move, some items you can hold, all change the damage, if you just want to play through the game, those are fine pokemon, if you want to battle competitively, special sweeper won't be their default niche
>>
>>30601311
Only if the Synchronize Pokemon is out on the field. There are no tricks to make its effect work in any other way because of how your party is shuffled when a Pokemon is sent out. It absolutely must be on the field already when the reinforcements show up.
>>
I have a 6 iv ditto and a 5 iv gible in the day care. At first I was getting other 5 iv eggs but now they're going down to 3-4 ivs. Is there something I'm doing wrong? The gible has an everstone
>>
Is flame orb officially better for guts in this gen?
>>
>>30600966
>>30601195
Unless you really want that stamp, it's not worth it. All you get is a button that's supposed to make pokemon look at you, but by that point there's no reason to keep using it.
If you're looking for points, the one on poni cost will generally give you 7k or more for face shots of the pokemon you see.
>>
>>30601306

no

>>30601311

I think so
>>
>>30601393
Do you have a destiny knot? Only 3 IVs pass on without one, you need the destiny knot to ensure 5.
>>
>>30601426
I have destiny knot on the ditto and an everstone on gible
>>
>>30601393

breeding 6iv with 5iv and a destiny knot is guaranteed 4ivs with pretty good chance at 5 ivs and lowish chance at 6

you probably took your destiny knot off
>>
>>30601443
If you're getting 3iv eggs, consider double checking the IVs of the pokemon, because that shouldn't be possible. For 4 IVs, what can be happen is that out of the 5 IVs it chooses to pass on to your egg, your Gible's bad IV is being selected, then 4 perfects, then the last is randomly generated (and bad), for 4IVs. It's unlikely, but possible.
>>
>>30601393
It's just luck. If you have a 6IV ditto and a 5IV Gible you will always get at least 4 perfect IVS. 2 perfect parents will result in a guaranteed 5IV pokemon.
>>
Does synchronize work like it does in the older games, where I can keep the synchro mon in front without having to use them?
>>
>>30601525

the synch pokemon has to be the first pokemon the wild pokemon sees, you can switch it out afterwards
>>
>>30601379
Oh, I know competitively they stand no chance, but I'm getting my asshanded to me in Hyper Rank. Hard.
I have some bread mons in Bank, I was just hoping to get through most of the stuff ingame with my team. Didn't think I'd have to breed all perfects, EV train and really consider a 3v3 team for Royale and the Tree.
>>
>>30601409
Fuckkkkkk that noise. Could have at least given a sweet item or something.
>>
>>30601656

most of what you encounter in battle royal and battle tree are ev trained optimized assholes with excellent movesets specialized to doing certain tasks that sometimes seem to have foreknowledge of what youre doing

the only weakness is the trainer and how they respond to abilities, for example, if I start with mimikyu, the opponent will always burn their Z-move on its disguise

you'll need great RNG or competitive-ready mons to do them with any kind of consistency

if you dont want to inject or spend a lot of time optimizing your team, UBs and Tapus are really strong
>>
>>30601159
Battle Royal is more luck-based than most of the stuff in Pokémon. You can go in with optimal sets and still get fucked over because your opponents all used protect several turns in a row or some bullshit like that. Spamming evasion and spamming priority moves are the best tactics there since it only counts KOs for the last Pokémon that does damage. You CAN win with just about anything, though, so keep on persisting and you'll eventually get through.
>>
When you use a power item for training evs do you still get other types of evs if you kill other things?

I mean, if I use the atk power item and defeat an dwozee by mistake do I get 0 atk evs 0 spdef evs or do i get 0 atl evs and 1 spdef ev?
>>
>>30601426
>>30601465
>>30601490
thanks guys. So I just have to keep at it and eventually I'll get all 6 ivs
>>
>>30601399
ANSWER ME
>>
Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to give aqua ring to a fucking legendary pokemon?

It's impossible to leave this one at 1hp. How I am supposed to capture this bitch?

Do I really need to use the Master Ball here or an ugly Time Ball?
>>
>>30601827

power items add extra EVs, you get the power item EVs and the regular EVs from what you defeated

poke pelago is foolproof and requires minimum attention, only downside is waiting a day and half
>>
>>30601886
heal block
>>
>>30601847
no
>>30601886
trust me, it's possible. it's difficult, but entirely possible if you just keep at it.
>>
File: Post E4 Team.png (103KB, 936x236px) Image search: [Google]
Post E4 Team.png
103KB, 936x236px
Restructuring my team Post-Game... Any suggestions for a sixth member here?
>>
>>30601886

just re-swipe it when it leaves red HP and inflict paralysis or sleep
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 421x313px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 421x313px
Is there anyway to get hidden ability starters? That intimidate Incineroar would be awfully rad. Or is there just going to be an event for them later on?
>>
What can I do to combat the Abra trading on Wonder Trade?
>>
>>30601941
un own unown
>>
File: 250px-756Shiinotic.png (49KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-756Shiinotic.png
49KB, 250x250px
>>30601159
Spotlight
>>
>>30601974
Give up. There really isn't much you can do about it besides NOT flooding WT with complete shit.
>>30601972
Most likely an event, but maybe in a new area in a future game like the friend safari
>>
>>30601972

starter HAs are not currently possible legitimately

>>30601974

WT good pokemon for karma
>>
Where do I change my Trainer pose, and how do I unlock more poses?
>>
>>30601941
>>30601980
Don't suppose I could get a serious answer here? Or is this just not the thread for this sort of thing.
>>
>>30602046
I wish Wonder Trade had a hidden karma system that pairs you up with people trading 4-5 IV, apricorn ball, hidden ability, or at least egg move Pokemon for sending such Pokemon out yourself.
>>
File: IMG_4582.jpg (74KB, 470x404px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4582.jpg
74KB, 470x404px
>>30601980
wait
fuck
is that an empty spot?
>>
>>30602107

most of the questions I've answered are just stuff the anon couldve looked up on serebii

case in point

>>30602093

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/battlestyle.shtml
>>
>>30602137
Yes. The Team-Planner site fills all unselected spaces with an Unown, since you don't know what Pokemon is going to fill that spot yet.
>>
>>30593261
are you able to claim the BP from the current PGL Alolan tournament NOW or after my first battle on the 16th
>>
>>30601941
>3 legendaries
>>
>>30602269
They're not Legendaries according to the Battle Tree and Battle Royal rules, and that's good enough for me.
>>
I'm breeding a 6IV Ditto with Destiny Knot and a Pyukumuku; however, none of the children have any IVs. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>30602269
>>30602305
...Well actually, Magearna might be. I haven't checked.
>>
Can I hatch eggs in Festival Plaza?
>>
I'm in Altar of the Sunne and there is a purple vagina in the sky.
But I get this message

"There is a strange distortion in the air.... but you don't seem able to traverse it now."

Do I need Solgaeo in my party?
Do I need to be at day/night?
>>
>>30602314

checking your IVs incorrectly?

I mean, 0 iv + 6 iv doesnt guarantee ANY IVs, but most are gonna have 2-3
>>
>>30602412

you need solgaleo during the day or lunala during the night depending on your game
>>
>>30602412
Both. The cover legend has to be in your party, and it has to be the opposite time of day (i.e., night-time IRL).
>>
>>30602421
IVs are those 6 little symbols (circle, triangle, etc), right? None of them are coloured in on any of the children.
>>
>>30602412
Whenever it's past 6PM, take Solgaeleo there and you can go through.
>>
>>30602333

zygarde, cosmog and its evos, necrozuma, and magearna are banned
>>
>>30601547
What about for SOS chaining?
>>
>>30602513
Aww.

Well, what's a good third mon for Battle Royal? Mimikyu and Celesteela have been doing work for me, but I haven't settled on a decent third one yet.
>>
>>30602486

no, those are markings you can apply to find pokemon in your boxes faster, to check IVs, you need to hatch 20 eggs, then talk to an NPC at the battle tree, once youve done that, there will be a new button in your PC called Judge that rates your IVs between "No Good (0) and Perfect (31)"
>>
File: 1481085783511.jpg (115KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
1481085783511.jpg
115KB, 500x440px
>>30602421
oh shit, I JUST googled how to check IVs and apparently I get an upgrade at the Battle Tree for my PC? That seems like a lot of running around every time something hatches.

Thanks anyway, I'm retarded
>>
File: 1409452168691.png (365KB, 992x909px) Image search: [Google]
1409452168691.png
365KB, 992x909px
>>30602474
>>30602477
>>30602487
So I did enter the vagina and now I'm in the same place but daylight?
I wanted to go to the other world and capture shit there.
>>
>>30602558
thanks
I never googled it because I was SURE that's what those symbols were for kek
>>
>>30602486
The symbols are markings that you mark yourself. To get the ability to check IVs, get to the battle tree, talk to the ace trainer on the right, once you've hatched 20 eggs, he'll add the "judge" function to your PC, select that in the PC, and the hexagon at the top will display the IVs. "Best" is a 31 IV. "Fantastic" is 30, and it goes down from there with various ranges.

The symbols are so you can see what they have and mark them yourself for easy finding.
>>
>>30602521
the syncher has to be your active pokemon when it appears

if you have a fainted pokemon in slot 1, the slot 2 active syncher will synch the enemy, but it will be the nature of the slot 1 fainted
>>
>>30602521

the synch pokemon has to be out when the new mon enters the field for it to do anything

>>30602551

I've been using magic guard clefable to good extent, anything that can't reliable 2hko I can set up calm mindx6 and burn down with moonblast and flamethrower

its a slower style of play though, there's other mons that act as good sweepers
>>
>>30601525
>>30601547
I'm guessing the question is whether you can have them fainted img he first slot.
>>
>>30602601
thanks mang
>>
>>30602658

if its dead it isnt doing anything
>>
>>30602572
IIRC you can get a second Cosmog there, but otherwise I think it's just so that you no longer have to wait twelve hours to get Pokemon that only show up during the night/day.
>>
>>30602678
Fainted Synchronizer has always worked in previous games.
>>
>>30600000
>>
File: 7551349.jpg (37KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
7551349.jpg
37KB, 170x170px
>>30602704
>second Cosmog
Wait, you can get two Cosmog?!
Or the first one is Nebby?
>>
>>30602763

you get cover legendary and a cosmog
>>
What's the earliest Flame Body/Magma Armor I can get?
Just got to Day Care and there another stupid asspull blocking half of the hatching stretch.
>>
>>30602885
I think it's Magby (Should open up fairly soon after the water trial).

Also, running in straight lines is less effective than spinning in circles on a Tauros in the little box across from the nursery.
>>
>>30602885
You can get Litwick from island scan on Melemele on Saturday. Other than that, the next available flame bodies are Magby and Fletchinder just before the Fire Trial
>>
where can i get a Spell Tag in Moon?
>>
Is that area from the demo not anywhere in the main game? I doubt GF wouldn't lazy enough to reuse it...
>>
Is it still considered a complete SOS chain if KO the original mon while the next two are the same evolution line, or does it keep resetting if you killed the original?
>>
>>30603074
Everything in the demo is in the game, some things and areas are in different places
>>
Can you evolve island scaned pokemon? I got a Surperior and I'm wondering if I can evolve it...
>>
What's the best way to complete the dex?
>>
>>30603126
Did you try using a Mist stone? You get one after defending the Champion title 100 times. That will evolve Serperior
>>
>>30603141
>Pokebank
>>
Is there a way to buy Premier Balls in bulk? I always do my best to get legendaries in Premier if I can, but buying 1 at a time is tedious as hell.
>>
Where can I find a razor claw?
>>
Is there any difference in the post-game dates based on the player's gender?
>>
>>30602965
Will circling in Festival Plaza work?
>>
>>30603173
Held by wild Jangmoo, Hakamoo, Komooo. 5% hold rate though, double if you have compound eyes.
>>
>>30603111
The path to Ten Carat Hill in the demo? I haven't seen it anywhere in game.
>>
>>30603088
The chain only ends if the last pokemon left on the field either has a permanent status condition or is not from the same species as the original pokemon.

So if Pichu calls a Pikachu and you KO the Pikachu, the chain is still going, because Pikachu can keep calling for help.

But if Pichu calls a Happiny and you KO the Pichu, the chain ends because Happiny cannot call for help. Same goes if you Poison/Burn the Pichu while there are no other Pichu on the field.
>>
>>30603170
>go to the thrift market or whatever the fuck it's called
>order 10 pokeballs
>bonus premier ball
>sell those 10 pokeballs
>repeat to cure ballroom

it's not in bulk, but it's the only way i know how to get them
>>
>>30603126
Is this your first time playing pokemon? Serperior doesn't evolve. Its the final evolution of the Snivy line.
>>
>>30603257
>balltism***
fuck this apple device
>>
What is there to do in moons post game, like where the the pseudo guys hang out.
Can I give Hawlucha a flying gem.
>>
Looking to beat battle tree
Scizor (mega) assume the stones there but if not I'll live
Possibly porygon w/ conversion, have bold porygon 2 but only 2 31 ivs so debatable
Last, maybe mimikyu or someone to resist fire and fighting maybe bulky water.
Ideas changes, recommendations or just change my team entirely
>>
>>30603170
One of the shops in Festival Plaza sells them. For FC of course and you need to get that one shop at high enough level which is random.
>>
>>30602965
Which box exactly? Theres grass everywhere, I don't want to cross it when breeding.
>>
When marking Pokemon, is this what each symbol represents?

>Circle
HP
>Triangle
Sp. Attack
>Square
Attack
>Heart
Sp. Defense
>Star
Defense
>Diamond
Speed
>>
>>30603234
Ten Carat Hill is southwest of Kukui's lab. You can enter it after you beat Melemele's Kahuna
>>
>>30603564
No they're in the order of the stats you clot.
HP
ATTACK
DEFENSE
SP. ATTACK
SP. DEFENSE
SPEEDS MY NAME
>>
What's a good set for Conkeldurr?
>>
>>30603486
Directly across from the nursery door there's a small square area, accessed through a gap in the fence too small for a ride pokemon to pass through and just barely large enough to ride one in. Call up Tauros in that square, hold down B, and rotate the analog stick in circles.
>>
>>30603616
cool, thanks
>>
>>30603726
Oh.
Thanks. What a stupid way. I miss Lumiose and battle subway already
>>
I need an ev spread for tsareena and mimikyu any ideas or tips
>>
When chaining SOS battles, does it matter if I take out the original Pokemon, in order to still get benefits?

At first, I would weaken the original, let it call a new Pokemon, knock out the original, and then repeat always taking out he oldest Pokemon first.
>>
Which real life Hawaiian island is each game island based on?
>>
>>30604066
At least you don't have to fly to a separate location to hatch your eggs unlike XY, and you can always see the egg giver unlike battle resort in ORAS. I don't get people who say breeding's been made worse considering how convenient the location is, how fucking fast tauros is, how quickly you can get 4iv pokemon, that the nursery doesn't overwrite any moves, that you can easily get required egg moves without grinding with how the move reminder works now, and how easy balltism is now. It's just leveling them up in the end that got worse.

>>30604327
It doesn't really matter, but doing it like that means your response to every call is KO old pokemon > Weaken new Pokemon > then they'll call, whereas if you just KO the new Pokemon in one turn, the old will still be weak and still be likely to call for help that same turn, with you only needing to swap when one's gonna run out of PP.
>>
>>30604327
It doesn't matter. As long as something from its evolutionary line is still on the field.
>>
>>30603604
THE FUCKING PATH TO IT IN THE DEMO. THAT SMALL ROUTE WHERE YOU BATTLE 3 TRAINERS AND COULD FIND ALOLAN DUGTRIO. HOW IS IT THAT HARD TO REALISE WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT?
>>
>>30604423
Hmm, thanks for answering my question and making me realize the most efficient method.
>>
>>30603639
>Flame Orb Guts Adamant with Mach Punch, Drain Punch and 2 utility/coverage moves
>the exact same set but with AV
>>
spoonfeed me about serebii's and metalkid's iv calculator,it always show me that the effort points or nature are inaccurate,or that it doesn't compute
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.