[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that Pokemon SuMo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 3

File: SuMo.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
SuMo.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that Pokemon SuMo are shit and a disgrace to the Pokemon franchise?
>>
Thats the ashnime
>>
They're the best games we've had since B2/W2,
>>
>>30585936
It's not really hard to top XY/ORAS
>>
I'm still halfway into the game, but I'm having a damn good time with it.
Among several other good things, I can't be happy enough about HMs being removed.
>>
>>30585918
garbage that removes core features with a shit tourist trap region filled with crap like rotom dex and Z-moves that are transparent merch selling, kid-appeal rubbish
>>
>>30585936
You mean since Emerald?
>>
Let's comprise the list of reasons why Gen 7 is bad
>>
File: 1480681744230.png (130KB, 536x593px) Image search: [Google]
1480681744230.png
130KB, 536x593px
Don't forget, no matter what memers say, you're always a minority.
>>
>>30586004
>removal of O-Powers to be replaced with more useful features that allow you to level up or hatch 18 pokemon at once
>removal of multiplayer features that never took off
>chaining replaced with something more interesting that doesn't also make move breeding irrelevant

uhh.. and that's it

What a gaffe!!!!
>>
>>30586043
yeah what a piece of shit, I'm getting a refund
>>
>>30585918
I'm split. On one hand i'm so glad that HMs are gone, but on the other hand I fucking hate the replacement.
The ride pager thingy is the only real complaint that I have with SM. I'm starting to believe that GF rushed this feature altogether, like most of the game.

I want my bike back
>>
>>30586043
this was my point, because there is practically nothing wrong besides the frame rate issues that ALL of them have had
>>
>>30585918
yeah it was garbage. reminds me of a book I just read

>reading book
>wonderful amazing journey
>enjoying every minute of it
>satisfying ending
>finish the final chapter
>turn to next page
>nothing there

wtf, where's the fucking post-book?
>>
>>30586103
What's wrong with pagers? Only thing I don't like about it is my PC changing into that stupid outfit.
>>
>>30585918
>SuMo
kys
>>
Better than Pokémon X, and I enjoyed it a lot.

SM is kind've the same boat as BW/B2W2 for me.
>>
>>30586119
I guess you compare children's books with only a few pages to full-blown novels, too.

Faggot.
>>
>>30586139
There's nothing wrong with it besides Charizards animation last too long. Some people are just cynically critical of objectively good features. It was a great replacement of HMs and better promoted the idea of people and pokemon working together.
>>
>>30586004
>PSS removed for a more cumbersome system
>no hordes for easy and quick EV training
>SOS battles are tedious RNG fests that don't activate half the time
>super training removed so no more precision EV training
>removed triples and rotation for no real reason
>lack of content in general
>hyper training requires mon to be level 100 in a game with no good grind spots
>no O powers to alleviate the lack of grind spots
>day care no longer levels up
>no way to reliably search for HA mon or identify them
Don't get me wrong, I liked the game but it was a huge setback for the series.
>>
>>30586119
To make a book analogy it would be more like enjoying a series of books but finding out it lacked an epilogue in the final book leaving the reader with some loose ends and extremely dissatisfied.
>>
>>30586201
lol nice meme. the only valid thing there is grinding takes a while
>>
>>30586139
That's my biggest problem, alongside the limited selection and the weird downtime between actually picking your ride. XY's transition between walking to skates was near instantaneous, and bikes have always been quick.

Why bother to market the customization when you'll spend a good quarter of it wearing a stupid suit that covers even your hair changes? Like I said, I think it's good that they're working to replace HMs, but the pager needs some work. I just don't think that the 3DS's hardware can handle this anymore, it's so shit.
>>
>sonic 06 gets rushed for christmas
THİS İS THE WORST GAME EVER!
>pokemon sun and moon gets rushed for christmas
THİS İS THE BEST GAME EVER!
>>
>>30586170
Stoutland is a shitty itemfinder and I'd like to be able to surf without being forced to use a safety helmet.
>>
>>30586201
Triple and rotation battles were a meme anyways. Inverse, on the other hand... wish they would have developed that instead.
>>
>>30586201
The menu really is awful, though. It feels like i'm back in gen III. I didn't think that GF could make me miss the PSS loading times, but now that i'm forced to use the barebones replacement I really want to go back.

Other than that SM is pretty k. GF always takes two steps back with every new """""feature"""" that they add, so I don't know what I expected.
>>
>>30585918
I would actually say its part of holy trinity.

Emerald
BW2
SM
>>
>>30586271
replace emerald with platinum and we good
Emerald was great but not holy trinity level
>>
>>30586240
I think if they had just heavily reworked HMs to teach your party field moves as a sort of "fifth move" instead of something that took up one of a mon's 4 moveslots and kept things like the bike it would be better.
>>
>gens 1-5
we love and respect every pokemon region
>gens 6 and 7
KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO KANTO
>>
File: real depressed.jpg (417KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
real depressed.jpg
417KB, 512x768px
>>30585918
>Enough missed potential to write a several hundred page essay on

I could go on all day, but I'll summarize S/M's flaws as simply as I can:

>Barely manages to improve on Gen 6; many of the flaws that made Gen 6 widely considered to be the worst games in the series are still there, and in some cases have been made even worse
>The only times the game just barely manages to be more difficult than Gen 6 are the Elite 4 and the Lusamine fight; everything else somehow beats the odds and is even easier than Gen 6
>Too many fucking cutscenes, the first island just feels like one droning tutorial, and the cutscenes just keep coming back to interrupt the gameplay at every turn
>Abysmal pokemon distribution, easily the worst in the series since Gen 2. All of the good, interesting wild pokemon are hidden in extremely specific areas, while the rest of the game is Pelippers and basic shitmon.
>Fishing is utterly ruined
>Barely any exploration
>Neglected diving, missing the chance for stuff like beautiful coral reefs or sunken ships, which is mind blowing because they specifically made pokemon who live in coral reefs AND pokemon based on sunken ships
>Several absolutely horrid pokemon designs
>Worst endgame since Gen 2, and even that's arguable.
>Islands are all very linear circles; people shit on Unova for being one huge circle, but that's better than four tiny ones.
inb4 I get memed on for mentioning Unova
>Game barely lasts a few days, even when trying to do as much as possible beyond mindlessly farming for the pokedex
>Absurd spawn rates on several pokemon, making completing the pokedex a daunting task that isn't even worth bothering with
>UB Missions are disappointingly simple, amounting to nothing more than basic fetch quests.

To those of you who inexplicably consider these games to be some of the best in the franchise, how?

I feel like this game may have put me off of having any faith in Game Freak for good.
>>
>>30586288
gen 5 had bad sales so they decided to cash in on nostalgia.
>>
>>30586279
Plat ruined half of the shit that was great in Emerald. It shouldn't be anywhere near the trinity.
>>
>>30586262
>Triple and rotation battles were a meme anyways.
So are singles. That doesn't mean that they should have removed content just for that trainer gimmick.
>>
>>30586103
But the bike wouldn't work in the autism box.
>>
>>30585978
>crap like Rotomdex
>It's not even annoying
>>
>>30586327
By making a fair balance of old and new mon?
How is that nostalgia pandering?

Unless of course you're referring to the PWT which was one game mode away from being a condensed gen 4 frontier
>>
>>30586368
>can't skip it's text
>always fucking talking
>middle of the screen always makes him fucking talk
>not annoying
>>
>>30586388
>By making a fair balance of old and new mon?
Not him, but have you even played a game after Gen 5? Every single one is:
>50% current-gen pokemon
>45% gen 1 pokemon
>5% etc.
Although in Sun/Moon it was more like
>20% current-gen pokemon
>76% gen 1 pokemon
>5% etc.
>>
>>30586231
the epilogue is pokemon stars :^)
>>
>>30586422
We're talking about gen 5.
>>
>>30586201
>>super training removed so no more precision EV training

what is poke polago?
>>
>>30586356
Why can't we have both?
XY gave us skates and a bike to use if you were a fucking loser

The bike to me is one of the defining features of Pokemon. When you get that shit in any of the games you feel like you can take on the world.
>>
>>30586004
Added to what others said and IS important:
>Unoptimized pieces of garbage with absurd frame drops at 240p in 2016.
>>
They are the best ones I've played.
Gen 6 was rubbish but this is what I enjoyed more.
>>
>>30586440
No he wasn't.
>Gen 5 had bad sales so they decided to cash in on nostalgia
That would imply that they started cashing in on nostalgia after Gen 5.
>>
>>30586479
>It's better than the worst games in the series, so it's the best game in the series.
Have you played a single Pokemon game before Gen 6?
>>
>>30585918
They're my favorite games, and that's despite them being an entry version
>>
>>30586422
I actually did a quick count and there's 90 gen 1 pokemon in the alola dex. including alola forms

>30%

meaning 70% are split between 2-7. it's still probably the majority gen but its not nearly as bad as you're bitching about
>>
>>30586483
not counting the remakes, genwunner pandering in gen 3 and gen 4 is rather small compared gen 6 and gen 7.
>>
>dust settled meme
>sumo
>>>/v/
>>
>>30585918
I am sorta liking it.. But I could do without the hand-holding and forcing me do go through Pokemon Cutscene

There are tooo many cutscenes in this game.

I was hoping that I could ditch Lillie and Hau after the first island.. But no

Oh and the rotomdex too. If I could I would switch it for anything. ANYTHING!
I hate that talking calculator
>>
>>30586447
>he thinks it's precise
Just so you know, that word doesn't mean passive.
I know they both start with a p and end with an e but that doesn't mean they're the same thing.
>>
>>30586414
>always
He says like one fucking thing after story bits and then goes back to being the map.
If you space it out by catching 'em all, it's a lot less irritating.
>>
>>30586242
>rushed

Ever since the "ORAS was rushed!" meme, the "rushed meme" really pisses me off.

It was literally not true for ORAS, and is literally not true for SM.
>>
>>30587896
ORAS had no Battle Frontier, nigga, and they wanted it in otherwise they wouldn't tease us the way they did. It WAS rushed.
>>
>>30587896
ORAS was definitely rushed, anon. GF had maybe a year to develop it.
>>
"Look mom, I'm a contrarian in 4chan!"
>>
>>30587983
No. ORAS wasn´t going to have a Battle Frontier anyways. Because the game: one) takes place BEFORE the BF was built, and two) is a RS remake, not Emerald.

Ohmori just loves to forshadow things, and make references. And that is what the Battle Tower model in the ORAS battle Resort is. It´s a way of referencing/remembering Pokemon Emerald, without turning ORAS in an Emerald remake.

Just like SM talks about Kanto, and going to Kanto, but you never go there. Just like SM is full of empty squares of land that are obviously going to have gyms there in the future. It is a freakin reference. Or sequel bait, if you prefer.

Thinking it is a sign of a game being rushed is delusional.
>>
>>30588230
>is a RS remake, not Emerald

That's not even a fucking excuse to make a remake with LESS CONTENT that the superior game it's based of.

There's really no excuse for ORAS to have less content.
>>
SM are like the first games in this series that have literally zero replay value for me. Even the other shitty ones had at least some small portion of replay value. Nothing could convince me to go through SM again. Life is too short...
>>
>>30588184
>ORAS was definitely rushed, anon.
Based on what? You guys making shit out of your petty asses?
>GF had maybe a year to develop it.
So, like every previous remake and third version? Wow... Shocking!
>>
>>30585918
No, but you're shit and a disgrace to humanity.
>>
Just because you didn't get your 30 hour post game doesn't mean the game is shit anon

A lot of variety and development went into the main game
>>
>>30587039
You can set the exact number of training session your Pokemon will get in Pelago, and conveniently, each session gives you 4 EV at max level. So yeah, it's precise.
>>
>>30588284
>DexNav
>Soaring
>38 new Mirage Islands
>Super Secret Bases vastly improving the RSE Secret Bases
>Pokemon Amie
>Super Training minigames
>Delta Episode
>20 new Mega Evolutions

All of this is more than the Emerald Battle Frontier, which is 5 slightly modified copies of the Battle Tower, plus two shitty facilities like Pyramid and Palace that are anything but a positive.
>>
>>30585918
best game but the problem is the game is incomplete and 3ds is shit
>>
>>30588230
>SM talks about Kanto, and going to Kanto
all of that kanto dicksucking is making me think that gamefreak only cares about genwunners and no one else.
>>
>>30587039
you're actually retarded, so i don't know why you're trying to be smug. the guy at the pelago literally tells you how many evs your pokemon has gained so far if you tap on it, not to mention you set the amount of sessions you want so have complete control. unless you're a complete backwards retard and unable to do some maths then pokepelago is literally fine for ev training.
>>
>>30585983
>>30585936
Literally this

Fucking kys yourself OP
>>
>>30585942
Except ORAS stopms both XY and SM.
>>
>>30588338
And so is your dick, anon.
>>
>>30585918
>dust meme
>sumo
Kill all yourself who reply to this. Ye be warned.
>>
>>30588217
>if you criticize something you must be a contrarian
simply epic xD
>>
>>30589802
Thinking about the dicksize of complete strangers is one of the gayest things a man can do.
>>
(you)
>>
>>30589883
Ah, yes.
The thought out critics in the OP really make you think.
>Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that Pokemon SuMo are shit and a disgrace to the Pokemon franchise?
Really stimulates your brain cells.
>>30590120
Not worth it man, have a refund.
>>
I have never had this much fun filling a pokedex. Its weird. I blame Rotomdex and his chipper attitude.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.