[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literally just whine about Sun Moon in this thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12

File: 1480215011442.png (97KB, 500x293px) Image search: [Google]
1480215011442.png
97KB, 500x293px
All things said and done, did you like the change from Gyms to Trials and Kahuna fights?

Also, how did you feel about the return to more developed storytelling like Gen 5 did?
>>
>>30583871
>did you like the change from Gyms to Trials and Kahuna fights?
No keep gyms forever
>how did you feel about the return to more developed storytelling like Gen 5 did?
What story?
>>
>>30583871
>did you like the change from Gyms to Trials and Kahuna fights?
Yes and no.
Liked the idea of Totem pokemon but was annoyed at the trials I needed to do to get to them. Kahuna fights were laughably easy.

>how did you feel about the return to more developed storytelling like Gen 5 did?
Shit was awful. Every 5 steps was another cut scene. gen 5 was story heavy, more so than other gens anyway but wasn't near this bad.
>>
>>30583871
I miss gym puzzles.

Pokemon: Lillie version sucked.
>>
>>30583871
>did you like the change from Gyms to Trials and Kahuna fights
yes but i like them both. trials and kahunas feel more personal and involved if that makes any sense. captains and kahunas feel more like equals and mentors.
i hope to see more experimentation on gamefreak's part.

liked it, but agree that future plots need to give more freedom to the player.

i liked sm overall. but if i was gonna whine about something it would be all the wasted potential. imagine a better fleshed out ultra space level that had encounters and more space to explore vs the room and hallway we got, for instance. i get that they're probably trying to set up for something in the future but man did this game feel unsatisfying at some points.

another thing i'd like to complain about is lusamine's sudden change of heart after she's defeated in ultra space. it felt cheap and unnatural.
>>
File: 1480748536574.jpg (30KB, 187x188px) Image search: [Google]
1480748536574.jpg
30KB, 187x188px
the only thing lillie was useful for was healing my pokemon and saving me a few trips to the pokemon center. In fact if it weren't for those moments i'd actually hate her for being a constant hindrance to my comfy island adventure. The relationship moment on exeggutor island was just as forced as it was with May in ORAS. Catching Lunala was a given no matter what Lillie wanted so no, I didn't name it Nebby, I kept it Lunala because I don't nickname my pokemon and I wasn't sad when she left but I thought it was funny they phoned in a ship with Hau at the last second unless Lillie was just a giant malasada all along.

I get that the cutscenes were for you to warm up to Lillie but there was too many for a pokemon game. I can't see myself starting a save file over because of that.
>>
>>30584038
forgot to include my complaints about the shitty encounter rates and low pokemon variety. but enough has been said about that
>>
>>30584105
>tfw haven't caught bruxish, komala, togedemaru, and other advertised new mons because I have no idea where they are
>>
>>30584136
same boat. i feel like i missed at least half of the new dex because i just didn't fucking see them in-game. i don't think i encountered dhelmise until the elite 4.

i think bruxish and togedemaru are at blush mountain. just grab the qr codes and the pokedex should have it. bruxish is a bitch to find though, i think it's one of the 1% spawns
>>
File: 1480216337213.gif (98KB, 314x319px) Image search: [Google]
1480216337213.gif
98KB, 314x319px
>DUDE 1% RATES LMAO
GTS simulator 2016
>>
>>30583871
>All things said and done, did you like the change from Gyms to Trials and Kahuna fights?
Make the puzzles slightly less piss easy, and yeah, I'm sold.

>Also, how did you feel about the return to more developed storytelling like Gen 5 did?
They did return to storytelling but it was kind of ass from the railroading and not particularly reminiscent of Gen V.
>>
>>30584196
>bruxish has a 1% spawn chance
>mareanie can literally only be obtained from SOS while fishing
>comfey, the monkeys, mimikyu, and stufful have 5% spawn chances, most of them only in one specific area
>wimpod can't even be found in the wild it has be obtained through a janky event
>dhelmise has a 1% spawn chance in an obscure side area you don't even reach until late game
>none of these are gimmicks or particularly strong
I mean, I'll give them how hard it is to get jangmo-o or some of the other 1%-ers like dratini or kangaskhan. Pseudos and shit like kanga have always been crazy rare. But this is just insance. Especially mareanie, like I'm pretty sure the only more obscure catch method is feebas, and that was feebas' whole shtick.
>>
My complaint is that when you beat the game and catch Tapu Koko, when they tell you to send out your pokemon during the celebration, that there is no extra scene that plays when you have Koko in your team.

You literally catch the guardian of their island and NO ONE cares.
>>
>>30583871
I like the shake up of the Trials, however I think there's more potential. Gyms at least had better pre-leader parts mechanically, though the Trials were certainly more memorable. Inbetween the two, or something different, would be welcomed in the next game.

Story was nice, I like seeing more to the pokemon world. I wonder, if they do a remake, if they'll shake up the story under the guise of "Alternate Universe/Time Line".
>>
File: STILL NO PICKLES.png (329KB, 569x424px) Image search: [Google]
STILL NO PICKLES.png
329KB, 569x424px
There's no actual reason as to why a turn-based RPG can't maintain a stable framerate other than GameFreak being garbage at optimization. This shouldn't even be excusable since GameFreak has been developed 2 Pokemon games (counting XY and ORAS as one each here) prior here and yet the framerates are even worse in S/M.

GF's jump to 3D has been absolute garbage here.
>Pokemon models contain a shit ton of polygons

You could hand the development of Pokemon games to literally anyone more competent and they would make it work. GameFreak is, and always has been, a bunch of incompetent fucks who got lucky to be blessed with this IP.

Focusing on the gameplay here, actual Alolan Pokemon's encounter rates are absolutely fucked, some I never encountered throughout the game except in trainer battles, it's as if GF deliberately did not want you to find the new Pokemon and continue to use the older ones. Many Pokemon are slow and/or gimmicky as fuck. I ended up just finishing the game with 4 Pokemon.

Story-wise there were too many cutscenes, the player character is basically a side-character to The Lillie Show, hell you're basically a walking plot-device who exists just to get Lillie to the next designated cutscene area so you can watch her and the other characters do their plot thing. At least in other Pokemon I can feel like the player character actually exists but here in S/M they just feel so... invisible.

The whole game just feels like you're only meant to play through it once and only once, unlike other Pokemon games prior. At least that's what I think, because this might be the only Pokemon game I'll never be able to play through a second time unless I decide to in 3-5 or so years.
>>
My main complaint is the fact that most random trainers only have 1 Pokemon and they're usually mons with poor exp yield, then you get to Poni Island and suddenly trainers are running teams of 2-4 fully evolved mons. No exp share/set mode was fun until that point, being 10 levels below the wild Pokemon is just bullshit.
>>
>>30583871
>developed stories like gen 5
><> J

hehe almost got me there
>>
I actually think the story went to some interesting places by the end of the game. But the payoff wasn't even remotely worth the amount of cutscenes constantly shoved down my throat. You could have cut out 40-50% of cutscenes and still told the exact same story without losing anything.

There's so much inane and repetitive dialogue that just feels condescending. I know the games are made for very young children, but I genuinely believe that children would also prefer less interruption and to be given more time to play on their own in the game without story interruption. Most of the really young ones that this stuff is for the benefit of probably don't even care about the story and just want to find and beat up stuff with their favorite Pokemon.
>>
>>30584783
The exp share curve in these games is still kind of annoying. If you run the game with experience share on you're going to end up being overleveled for a lot of the game. And if you leave exp share off the enemies are going to seriously creep up on you in level by endgame. I don't understand why they can't build a decent exp curve. Pokemon has an advantage over a lot of other rpgs with random encounters in that it has non-random trainer battles. So the developers should have a pretty good idea of just how much experience the player will have by the end of the game (provided they don't grind). Yet they still can't seem to get the balance right.
>>
File: Pokémon.full.2056958.jpg (1MB, 1050x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.2056958.jpg
1MB, 1050x1200px
>>30583871
I have a lot of whining to get out.

The game was too easy. I did everything I could to try and make it challenging while still having fun with it. I never once grind for experience in tall grass, I never used the exp share, I didn't care for good natures or IVs, I didn't EV train, I had battle mode on set. The Kahunas, Lusmine, the Elite 4 and Kukui were so fucking easy that I was able to beat them with a team that was usually 3 to 4 levels under theirs. The AI is just bad.

I hate how slow and boring the first 2 islands are with the cutscenes every ten steps. I like a very small amount of the new pokemon (Brionne, Mudsbray, Bewear, Tapu Koko, Xurkitree). The Alolan forms are, for the most part, a good idea that was horribly done. Restricting it to just genwun is retarded and inexcusable. Hyper training is also a good idea with miserable implementation. Pokemon has to be level 100? Fine, then at least give us places like the Black Tower/White Tree, with opposing pokemon reaching up to level 90, to train in. I'm sick of grinding in the E4 and Poni island tall grass. Also bottle caps are a pain in the ass. I hate the seemingly immortal battle tower re-skin they continue to recycle while leaving out the battle factory. I hate the story and the over-focusing on Lillie and Cosmog. Solgaleo and Lunala are ugly. Getting rid of triple battles and shitting up the frame rate just to add trainer models to the battle for the cringy z move dances is such a stupid idea

Some positives. Team Skull is great, SOS battles are great (EV training a whole team while shiny hunting) The music and region are beautiful. Acerola is my fucking wife.
>>
File: 1478246537118.jpg (30KB, 488x521px) Image search: [Google]
1478246537118.jpg
30KB, 488x521px
>>30583871

>lock 80% of pokemon behind paid transaction PokeBank
>meanwhile running into FUCKING TYRANITAR in the Battle Tree

nice yes nice cool and good

>try an Electric Theme Team
>first three (1, 2 and 3) teams of a fresh start are PURE GROUND TEAMS
>game intentionally creates worst possible scenario matchups to what you choose from the full, total roster of all existing pokemon
>you're stuck with Alola shitmons

rly makes u think.....
>>
File: hau.png (98KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hau.png
98KB, 500x500px
This asshole's constant jumping up and down and endless supply of energy. I don't know why, he just irritated me.
>>
File: 330Flygon_AG_anime.png (31KB, 924x677px) Image search: [Google]
330Flygon_AG_anime.png
31KB, 924x677px
>>30584939
>The Alolan forms are, for the most part, a good idea that was horribly done.

they had every fucking opportunity to fix this retard and make him a bug/dragon type via alolan breed

instead they press deeper into making him an ass tier garchomp by giving it dragon dance like that's going to solve anything

ree.
>>
File: deeeelicious tears.jpg (146KB, 1645x1040px) Image search: [Google]
deeeelicious tears.jpg
146KB, 1645x1040px
>>30585057
>flygon will never not get cucked
feels good
>>
>>30584483
>bruxish has a 1% spawn chance
>dhelmise has a 1% spawn chance in an obscure side area you don't even reach until late game
You need to fish in spots when they're bubbling, it ups the chances to about 20%, if I remember correctly. Didn't take me more than five minutes to catch either of those.
>>
>>30584700
>people still complaining about frame rate
I played S&M on the new 3ds and the old one and never noticed it dropping like it did in x&y and ORAS. It's like you're looking for a reason to bitch about a game you spent money on.
>>
>>30585057
They were only giving alola forms to kanto pokémon
>>
>>30583956
Well I mean, there were the stupid gyms that you answered questions..., and another ice slide puzzle was a tad boring.
>>
There's only 10 minutes of actual cutscenes in this game, the rest is all press A fast to skip shit
just like gen 5
>>
Poke Ride feels like a shitty replacement for too many things like the bike and itemfinder and I hate how it forces the outfits onto you. I also miss using the d-pad.
>>
I miss having unlockable box backgrounds, even ORAS had some
>>
>>30586146
You are a retard. No, "i personally never saw it" is not a good defense of a feature well documented and seen by several people. Hell, I saw frame dips in the fucking trailers leading up to release

>>30583871
Trials were almost unanimously underwhelming, but Totem fights were awesome.

The story wasnt really super heavy in this game, they just made every part of it take very long for no reason.
>>
>>30583871
Trials were word than most Gym puzzles, and Totems made my 3DS lag like hell. Exploration sucked. Also, there were way too many cutscenes.
>>
>>30586210
>>30586237
>>30585057
>>30586237
If GF fixed all this the game would be almost perfect in my eyes
just give me a hard mode toggle already
>>30586252
If he's never experience it why should he complain about it?
>>
>>30586210
I dunno but considering how short the routes are on each island, I didn't use them that much. Walked/ran for the most part of the game and the few times I used was when I want to get over a route very quick or when it's use was deemed necessary.
>>
>text/cutscene skip option
>ever trainer on the second island and onward has at least 4 Pokemon
>alolan mon have a higher encounter rate
>travel with Lillie to kanto in post game
>battle tree replaced by new battle frontier
>post game kanto story
>team rocket under a new leader
>hard mode

One can dream
>>
>>30583871
Almost everything is fine imo, the story, the themes of family and the selection of new and old Pokemon are great, the only con i got for SM is for shoehorning in Zygarde into the game. More injury to insult, it is a fucking fetch quest and you only gain zen-mode Zygarde which is a pretty lame and a subpar reward when the player should be able to freely use the Complete form at will and not be restricted by a shit gimmick.

>Game freak and their fucking gimmicks
>>
Cons
>Removes hordes and Super training
>Too many legendaries and UB
>Held hostage by cutscenes
>Takes 20-30 minutes to get your starter
>Hau and his shot eating grin and constant dick sucking makes the X & Y rivals look like Silver
>GF are ashamed of all non Gen I Pokémon and try their hardest to hide them
>Making everything slow for no reason and Garchomp food
>The few common. Non Gen I mons are fucking Peliper, Gumshoo, Gen V dog and Gen VII Tucan
>Kauhanas were barely stronger than Gen VI leaders
>Mega Evolution went from being GF's baby to old shame, removing more than half of them, no new ones and retconing ME into disgusting edge shit
>Was hyped for the Battle Tree but they grossly underused it's tapped potential
>Aloha forms being exclusive to only Kanto mons

Pros
>Apart from the lifeless faces, the human and Pokemon over world models look good
>I dig a lot of the New mons
>Totums and trails were great
>I actually liked the league and I how the keep the being challenged as Champion gimmick
>I liked the Lily story but ya, thy could of trimmed the fat
>Team Skull are the best team and Ather were fun Big bads, thank God their objective wasnt to take over/destroy the world with box legendary
>All the trail leaders and Kahunas had loads of fun personality are the most memerable simce Gen IV IMO
>Pokebeans islands are fun
>Lilly's brother wasnt as edgy as I taughted he'd be
>No more fucking HMs
>>
Lillie is so fucking annoying holy shit
>>
File: 1451572314378.jpg (237KB, 428x512px) Image search: [Google]
1451572314378.jpg
237KB, 428x512px
>>30584211
Really though, what's the logic behind hiding anything remotely interesting behind low appearance rates? Honestly my biggest issue with SM.

The entire point of a new generation is the new Pokemon, more than anything else. Why hide them?

I'm not saying go full Black and White and make it so you only ever see new Pokemon until after the Elite Four (though that was great, honestly), but if you're only going to introduce a rather paltry 80 new mons, don't hide half of them behind low appearance rates.

For anyone used to the series but not specifically looking at guides like Pokearth, it means that 90% of wild Pokemon you see will be the same trash you see every game, and the only way to get new things was to check every route excessively hoping you didn't miss anything.
>>
>Kahunas and Trials
Kahunas are gym leaders lite
Just make them harder because the game hypes them so much
Trials are god tier
I never had so much fun since Platinum gym especially the fire trial

>Story
SM managed to top Ghetsis' villainy but there's still no N and Colress tier character yet
Wish Colress had a significant role in the story since the dude possibly created the Z stones

>Complaing about
This game has the worst encounter rate than any game ever
Fuck 5% spawn rates
Loved Marenie's cathing method tho
>>
File: frodo.png (214KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
214KB, 400x399px
Why didn't Sun tell Gladion there's a fat dude who looks like him and coincidentally has the same name as his dad?

Could've saved Lusamine from going more insane and having a proper family reunion
>>
>>30584783
This is true. I was more underlevelled for the league in SM than I was in HGSS

>>30584868
The worst example was the end, where they repeated the scenes at the festival several times for no reason.

>>30586357
Him not experiencing it doesnt mean people who have are "looking for something to bitch about" by wanting a stable running game
>>
>>30587508
A masher here, when is it stated that Mohn is Lusamine's husband? I dont recall it ever being mentioned and he seems fairly inshooked after the game
>>
File: IMG_20161127_180057.jpg (49KB, 1024x752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161127_180057.jpg
49KB, 1024x752px
>Festival Plaza
>FESTIVAL PLAZA
>FESTIVAL MOTHERFUCKING PLAZA

GEN SIX'S ONLINE FEATURES WERE SO FUCKING GOOD COMPARED TO THIS
WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS EVEN EXIST
WHERE THE FUCK ARE ALL MY FRIENDS? OH WAIT, IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE EVEN IF I KNEW WHERE TO FIND THEM, FESTIVAL PLAZA IS THE ONLY PLACE YOU CAN BE ONLINE AND NOBODY HANGS OUT IN FUCKING FESTIVAL PLAZA.

FUCK
>>
I don't like the fade to black. It feels like a lazy and shitty solution to solve technical problems.

Encounter rates on a lot of Pokemon are shit, SOS exclusive Pokemon are a pain in the ass.

Catching Pokemon that constantly call for help is a pain if you just want to catch random pokemon without having a Pokemon dedicated for False Swiping/Statussing.

The level curve was a little weird at times, I turned the Exp Share off when I was around the other Trainers levels, and then all of a sudden I was 5 levels under theirs when I got to the next island.

Why did they remove the PSS, it worked so much better than Festival Plaza.

Why the fuck do we only get 1 of each Apricorn Ball.

Why the fuck do I have to put in so much effort to get blue clothing, why did they have to make warm colors exclusive to Sun and cold to Moon?
>>
>>30587631
>inshooked after the game
That's because fallers have no memories. Did you just not do the UB quest?
>>
>>30587439
>DexNav was removed, so now I feel obligated to look at Serebii to see if I missed anything with a lol5%encounterrate
>>
>>30583871
why the FUCK did they make space for gyms but not include them at least in the post game?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.