[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BREAKING: Rocky Helmet is bugged

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: PikaaaAAAHHH.jpg (79KB, 500x542px) Image search: [Google]
PikaaaAAAHHH.jpg
79KB, 500x542px
"The Pokémon Global Link has posted a notice about an issue involving the Rocky Helmet in Pokémon Sun and Moon that causes the wrong player to be declared the winner in tie-breaker circumstances.

If the holder of Rocky Helmet is hit by a contact, the attacker will also be damaged.

Normally, in a situation where there are only two Pokémon remaining on the battlefield and one of them is knocked out by an attack but the attacker is also knocked out from the damage inflicted by Rocky Helmet, the player with the Pokémon that was holding the Rocky Helmet would lose the battle. Currently, the player with the Pokémon holding Rocky Helmet will win the battle.

Since this only occurs in tie-breaker circumstances, this should have no impact on most battles involving a Rocky Helmet. The item is still legal for use in online play and tournaments. "
>>
>>30583276
wtf i hate gamefreak now
>>
>>30583276

cant these stupid chinks program anything right? at least they didnt ban it as i use one
>>
I could see justification for it going either way 2bh. How will Showdown implemeny the glitch for Smogon's proprietary tiers, do you think? Intended winner or glitch winner? I suppose intended winner 2bh but still a lil confusing
>>
>>30583276
i'm totally going to start abusing this for battle spot singles now, thanks anon!
>>
>1GB item patch incoming
Prepare your sides, lads and lady
>>
>>30583276
It has been bugging the hell out of me so I decided to finally look up that pic.

It's filled with red gelatin and made to explode for a high-speed photo
>>
>>30583342
Smogon is meticulous about replicating ingame behavior, so they'll likely use the glitched one unless and until there is a patch. Hell, in 2014 someone discovered a glitch in the Generation I games, and Showdown implemented it once it was fully understood.

The glitch in question being http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/normal-types-cannot-be-paralyzed-by-body-slam.3525371/
>>
>>30583405
didn't they also implement the 'acid rain' glitch too?
>>
>>30583436
I do not know as I never played Gen IV on showdown, but I don't believe that was ever fixed in any region so they likely did.
>>
>>30583405
>Smogon is meticulous about replicating ingame behavior,
I sure do love turning on my Sleep Clause when I play Battle Spot, yessiree. Nothing but the closest emulation here in Showdown.
>>
>>30583607
You know what I meant, anon.
>>
>>30583607
Replicating how game assets work in battle and then applying rules on top of that isn't the same. It doesn't change what the items/moves do. And official Pokemon games have had Sleep Clause rules before, among other clauses.
>>
>>30583276
Is this only an issue with SM or all Pokemon games with Rocky Helmet?
I actually do remember doing a 6v6 with a friend in XY, the recoil of my rocky helmet killed his last pokemon after he knocked out my last pokemon, but I was still declared the winner.
he's still salty about it
>>
>>30583276
So i can use this to win more battle dome games, neat.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.