[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is one of the best Pokemon games out there. >amazing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 15

File: platinum.png (118KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
platinum.png
118KB, 250x224px
This game is one of the best Pokemon games out there.

>amazing selection of pokemon early in the game
>great graphics
>godlike soundtrack
>great and useful starter pokemon
>some of the best girls
>decently challenging
>great and lengthy post game
>you get the running shoes basically immediately
>the poketch's map, daycare checker, pokemon health list and dowsing machine
>bidoof

honestly, what doesn't this game have?
>>
>>30580987
My only complaint is that the Azure Flute isn't available as part of a postgame plot. Arceus is one of my favorite 'mons, and the fact that it got event walled was a bit disappointing.
>>
File: 980.png (266KB, 575x375px) Image search: [Google]
980.png
266KB, 575x375px
>>30580987
>What doesn't this game have

Interesting character designs and a colourful palette

Sinnoh was dreary as fuck and while I love it, the only memorable character was Cynthia and that's because they put her in every game afterwards.

10/10 soundtrack though, the dreary atmosphere really hit home. Despite Alola being tiny apparently almost empty islands nothing felt more lifeless than Sinnoh (For better or for worse)
>>
>>30580987
My Platinum Nuzlocke was probably one of my greatest experiences with the entire franchise.
>>
>>30580987
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>30581039
Man.
I know we aren't all 1447 5UPA HAX0Rs but spreading the flute, key card and the rotom key were among the funniest things I did as a kid.
>>
>>30581202
Fuck it, gen IV nostalgia thread?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ajhgkYFCG0
>>
platinum and hgss are GOAT
>>
File: shirohika_by_anakris-d3f02x3.png (485KB, 637x900px) Image search: [Google]
shirohika_by_anakris-d3f02x3.png
485KB, 637x900px
>>30580987
My only complaint about the game is the obvious romances between these two characters wasnt made canon. Other than that 10/10 game. Nothing will ever feel as epic as going to the distortion world to find the lord of gravity not antimatter you retards.
>>
>>30581348
>gravity
It literally says in I believe HGSS that it's antimatter dumbass.
>>
>>30580987
Can we have some real reasons here instead of a clear Sinnohfetus bias?
>>
>>30581466
>Sinnohfetus

is that the best you could do
>>
>>30581242
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNDkmWivXmU

Best route theme
>>
>>30581442
>It literally says in I believe HGSS that it's antimatter dumbass.
citation required

Its form change is LITERALLY from gravity
>When in its Origin Forme, it is able to pass through dimensions at will, however, it will turn back to its Altered Forme due to the gravity change from the Reverse World.
>>
>>30580987
I personally preferred the Emerald Battle Frontier, but otherwise it's perfect.
>>
>>30581348
let go of your cock, kiddo, there is nothing between them
>>
File: antimatter.png (14KB, 603x151px) Image search: [Google]
antimatter.png
14KB, 603x151px
>>30581506
Prepare to eat your words.
>>
File: CMpoS1vVEAAGFCP.jpg (51KB, 475x633px) Image search: [Google]
CMpoS1vVEAAGFCP.jpg
51KB, 475x633px
>>30581554
>let go of your cock,
I dont have a cock. Their love is pure.
>>
>>30581506
>This is the pattern that represents Giratina, the ruler of the world that is on the opposite side of ours, the world of antimatter..."
Literally retarded
>>
>>30581289
I have fond memories of Platinum because it was the time first time I got "serious" about Pokemon with breeding and competitive battling. Couple that with the awesome Battle Frontier, and yeah, it and HGSS are top tier.
>>
>>30581596
You know general relativity is literally ALL about gravity , something you cant see right?

Whats most likely is they thought they were describing anti matter but its actually just gravity. Gravity is the only thing that can warp space and time like girantina does in the game. Anti matter doesnt work like that. if it collides with matter it all just goes poof

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_relativity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimatter
>>
>>30581078
I dunno, it looked super exciting and fresh at the time.

I really want to go back and play Pearl again. I know Platinum is better but Sinnoh was such a comfy region. I replayed it in my last year at college (after B2W2 came out) and I remember being so relaxed.
>>
>>30581661
Nigga it says antimatter both there and in game.
What more do you want? A stamp on your head calling you a dumbass?
>>
File: 1476773095119.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476773095119.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>30581661
>It floats = gravity
>You can't see it = gravity
>Gravity warps time and space
What the fuck?
>>
>>30581661
The fucking developpers themselves say Giratina represents antimatter you twatting cunt.
>>
>>30581741
>both there and in game.
Except that what hes talking about isnt anti matter, its gravity. General relativity is all about gravity, the way it warps space and time, how light works, how gravity can get so fucked it can form black holes, etc etc etc

It has literally nothing to do with anti matter. They said their inspiration for girantina was einsteins general relativity. Girantina is the master of both space and time, which is what gravity does.

Would you like a video to explain how gravity warps space and time?
>>
>>30581661
>t-They made a mistake
>I'm right!
As much as I like Plat I can't stand Sinnohfetuses like you.
>>
>>30581826
>The fucking developpers themselves say Giratina represents antimatter you twatting cunt.

They were literally wrong though. They said their inspiration was something that had literally nothing to do with anti matter. Everything they describe and the way they made girantina is about gravity. Look at the distortion world

Every wall going up side down and side ways. Whats going on to cause that? GRAVITY. If it was anti matter the protagonist would cease to exist upon touching it because thats what happens when anti matter and matter meet.

>>30581864
>>t-They made a mistake
They did make a mistake and if you retards knew ANYTHING about physics would understand why.
>>
>>30581661
Good to see someone here knows their physics. You're mostly correct, despite what the other dumb faggots replying to your comment think (you retards apparently don't know shit about physics so STFU). However, just to be clear, gravity alone isn't the only thing that warps space-time - there are other energy fields (force) that contribute to the gravitational field. You're not entirely wrong, but you're not conveying the nuance of the answer accurately.

Example explanation for the interested:
https://www.quora.com/Can-a-large-energy-field-other-than-gravity-warp-spacetime
>>
>>30581918
>https://www.quora.com/Can-a-large-energy-field-other-than-gravity-warp-spacetime

Huh well i always figured those would have insane amounts of gravity as well but it appears im mistaken. Thx for the correction
>>
>>30581890
Their inspiration was matter AND antimatter AND relativity

ALL THREE FUCKING COMBINED YOU RETARD
>>
>>30581661
>if it collides with matter it all just goes poof
You do realise that was going to happen if you didn't close the hole right.
>>
>>30581956
Anti matter does not control space and time tho. Like either the game devs literally just didnt understand anything about physics or he is the lord of gravity.
>>
>>30581864
Let it rush through its high school physics textbook. It's bound to fall asleep at some point.
>>
>>30581983
>Anti matter does not control space and time tho.

Of course it fucking doesn't. Dialga controls time, Palkia controls space. Retard.
>>
>>30581979
In the pokemon generations anime you literally see girantina colliding with the other 2 legendaries without them all going poof, meaning hes not made of anti matter. The game devs were wrong.

>>30581996
And girantina had to be thrown in the distortion world because he was FUCKING UP all the space and time so much that nothing could really function. Its why he shows up when they get out of hand in the movies
>>
>>>/sci/
>>
>>30582020
>using the anime movies as a base for anything

stop
>>
>>30580987
Starter, early bird, geodude, abra, budew? That's generic as fuck. How is that "amazing"?
>great graphics
>implying
>godlike soundtrack
>>implying
>great and useful starter Pokemon
I actually can't fault you here, gen 4 starters were fucking great.
>some of the best girls
nah
>decently challenging
Yep
>great and lengthy post game
Yep
>you get the running shoes basically immediately
Yep
>poketch
Probably my favorite use of the bottom screen.
>bidoof
>>>

The game's pokedex is still really fucking shit with a lot of hit and miss cross-gen evos. Its engine is still absolutely awful regardless of the saving speed-up and suffers immensely in certain areas like the route to the seventh gym which was probably one of the worst things I've ever played in a game ever.

Sinnoh is also a convoluted mess of a region. I'd probably like it more if there was an option to turn off encounters outside of repeatedly spraying repel, but that's just muh autism speaking.
>>
>>30582020
Throw over KG of antimatter anywhere.
I'll assure you it'll be a massive fuck up.
>>
Giratina is not literally antimatter. It and the distortion world are based around it, that's why you have to close the portal in platinum, remember? I wouldn't blame you if you didn't due to how unmemorable the plot was.
>>
>>30582020
>And girantina had to be thrown in the distortion world because he was FUCKING UP all the space and time so much
That has literally never been a thing in the games
>>
File: 1469758607632.png (98KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1469758607632.png
98KB, 500x280px
>Fun sinnoh thread ruined by autists whining about science or some gay shit

fuck off fedora tippers
>>
>>30582039
>the movies arent canon because i said so

>>30582062
Its actually explaind in the books about creation in the games that arceus created the distortion world to punish girantina for causing too much of a ruckus.
>>
>>30582105
>>the movies arent canon because i said so
because this is a thread about a game, dumbass
>>
>>30582105
>Ash writing
>Ever canon

Pokemon the First Movie is a completely different film in English and Japanese
>>
>>30582133
then nothing is canon since there are huge differences sometimes between the english and japanese texts between games.
>>
>>30582105
>for causing too much of a ruckus.
I'm referring to the time and space part.
>>
>>30582051
>Starter, early bird, geodude, abra, budew? That's generic as fuck. How is that "amazing"?
What exactly do you define as "early game?" I'd include everything up to about Hearthome, which means you get things like Onix, Gible and Gastly that are usually encountered much later on.
>>
File: 745.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
745.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>30582077
>you know facts
>therefore you are a fedora tipper
Kill yourself
On that note, I wish I could get Lopunny in SM. So cute.
>>
>>30582156
cant remember where i read it but its definitely stated somewhere that girantina basically has to live in the distortion world because he was fucking up what dialga and palkia were doing
>>
>>30580987
Amen. Preach on, brother, preach on!
>>
File: 1481078975312.gif (312KB, 461x519px) Image search: [Google]
1481078975312.gif
312KB, 461x519px
>>30582148
Exactly

Do you prefer Pokemon marrying humans or Pokemon eating at the dinner table?
>>
>>30582199
That's never a thing.
>>
My opinion is better, you're a retard/generic insult
>>
>>30582183
Around the second and third gym, probably. I don't regard Onix as being that good and Gastly tends to be encountered early anyway.

I still think DPPt's pokedex is the worst in the series though. When I played through Platinum my one thought was that Gamefreak created a lot of them to suck when you use them and to be annoying when used against you. Like Double Team.
>>
>>30582243
Theres multiple in game books that explain the creation trio and acerus and stuff. Its in one of them.
>>
My first game was Diamond and I already liked Rapidash so the lack of fire pokemon didn't bother me. Of course, I loved all starters (wasn't fond of Chimchar's design though)
Then Platinum come with more updates.
HOLY JESUS, ARE THESE CROSS-GENERATION EVOLUTION?!
I also loved how the lore is use in this game with Girantina.
>>
File: hgss platinum.png (971KB, 1997x2916px) Image search: [Google]
hgss platinum.png
971KB, 1997x2916px
Friendly reminder.

Also, it's not about the levels. Even if there are 16 gyms, there's no reason for movesets to be this shitty when you're one gym away from the Elite 4
>>
File: 1479356649066.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479356649066.png
228KB, 893x1200px
Might as well post this here
>>
>>30583590
I feel like I might've liked ORAS more if Emerald didn't exist

Not even Ruby and Sapphire, just Emerald. Which itself is a glorified Sapphire remake
>>
>>30583797
I agree, and even though ORAS wasn't a good remake, I'll still replay it over emerald because muh special split.
>>
>>30580987
Speed.
>>
>>30583590

This will never catch on like the Gen 1 poster did
>>
>>30580987
The girls are ugly cynthia and dawn are the only good, but it has better husbando
>>
>>30581078
>the only memorable character was Cynthia and that's because they put her in every game afterwards.
Cynthia was already popular with DP, before Platinum even came out and before she appeared in the anime. They put her everywhere because she was popular, not the other way around.
>>
>>30581480
Yeah.
Fucking Unovasperm
>>
>>30582279
We don't know exactly what Giratina did anon just that he was fucking shit up
>>
>>30583971
HackROMs, 2016, even Mega Evolution is possible, stay tuned to Theta Emerald... yeah, your welcome. (Oh, and all the 'mons up to 6th Gen. just in case)
>>
>>30583971
> and even though ORAS wasn't a good remake

This meme is outdated
>>
>>30583590
>best selling remake, loved by everyone other than /vp/
>Soaring, Customizable Secret Base Gyms, DexNav

...Aaaand your shitty list has officially been discarded :)
>>
I've played every generation expect for gen4, is it worth playing plat now i should i not waste my time with it
i did everything possible in S/m
>>
File: IMG_20161203_200251.jpg (12KB, 603x377px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161203_200251.jpg
12KB, 603x377px
>>30588979
*or should i not waste my time with it?
Fuck phoneposting
>>
>>30588979
except*
Fuck this fucking phone fuck
>>
>>30581078
>crasher wake not memorable

are you trying
>>
>>30588979

Skip D/P and go straight to Platinum. Played HG/SS later if you're a nostalgiafag, but if you're not they're not really worth it. Either way you're going to hate your life.

>HM's
>HM's everywhere
>more than 8 HM's
>also saving the game takes 12 seconds because EEPROM lol
>>
>>30581348
>my only complaint is that im an invalid that materialized a lesbian pedophilic relationship out of nowhere

great stuff
>>
I've never played platinum. Is the game speed any faster than D/P? Because those were absolutely terrible.
>>
Platinum was great and i put an unholy amount of hours into it compared to other games but i feel like if i were to go back and play any of the old games i'd prefer B/W2 over it
>>
>>30581078
What about Looker? He's done more stuff than Cynthia.
>>
>>30580987

It's shit that barely improved on DP. In fact everything you listed about Platinum can be directly attributed to DP as well. It's still slow as fuck and suffers from being in one of the worst regions with THE WORST legends in the series. But /vp/ has stockholm syndrome and will keep sucking its cock for all eternity.
>>
File: 1476771109552.jpg (68KB, 522x758px) Image search: [Google]
1476771109552.jpg
68KB, 522x758px
>>30589941
>Barely improved on DP
>>
>>30580987
oh p-lease
>>
>>30588979

OP is a cuck and only enjoyed Platinum because he was 6 years old when it came out and is nostalgic for it, but can't relate as well to the better games that came out both before and after Platinum. It was the pinnacle of HM creep, superfluous legendaries, bland evil teams, and shitmon proliferation. He may try to defend this abomination with such utterings as "muh physical/special split" or "muh comfy snow region". Please ignore him and stay away from the abomination that was gen 4 in its entirety.

See>>30589171 >>30589941 >>30582051

FUCK Sinnoh.
>>
>>30589967
I'm sorry you paid for the same game twice anon, I truly am. But just because you paid an additional 40 (FORTY) dollars in United States currency for Distortion World: the DLC doesn't mean you need to endlessly shill for this ill-conceived game.
>>
>>30580987
You can't get Rotom's formes without a shitty item you can't even get anymore.

Mystery gift was a mistake.
>>
>>30590099
The game engine, Pokedex, main campaign, post-game, move tutors and even some of the new Pokemon forms put Platinum into a hierarchy that most remakes should strive to achieve. I didn't buy Platinum until years after it came out and when I had lost my Diamond version forever, no regrets

Literally anybody can make a better game than Masuda
>>
>>30580987
>A romhack of this game that lets you catch all pokemon, including legendaries and rotom forms and allows you to play with a comfy controller on a hd screen while wrapped in a blanket drinking hot chocolate is one of the best Pokémon experiences out there.

ftfy

Seriously though, fuck wonder cards and mystery gift.
>>
File: terrible.jpg (38KB, 366x504px) Image search: [Google]
terrible.jpg
38KB, 366x504px
>The generation where Smogon was born, poisoning the community for rest of the franchise's international lifetime.
>>
>>30590099
bad post
try surfing in each version
dp makes you want to kill yourself
>>
>>30590655
I'm pretty sure the save times are different too, I think platinum was much faster (It's still very slow compared to Emerald & BW though).

I'm also pretty sure most of the framerate issues were fixed.
>>
>>30590052
You need to be older than......
>>
>>30582051
Staraptor is great.
>>
>even if its faster than DP, its still slow as fuck
>some areas make traveling even slower
>HMs out the ass
>Graphics are barely an improvement over the GBA games
>region is mostly just rocks, grass and trees
>literally 90% of the soundtrack is a piano solo
>only useful Fire Pokemon is the starter
>the other fire Pokemon are just added as an excuse just so an Elite Four member that uses Fire Pokemon ACTUAL FUCKING HAVE FIRE POKEMON
>Geodudes are everywhere
>you have to use an electric Pokemon if you want an easier time because Gyarados is literally everywhere
>Empoleon gets fucked late game because everyone and their grandmother is carrying fucking earthquakes and the pokes that use them are fast and furious

Its true that it brought us some of the best features like online and getting equipped with the running shoes immediately, but the main campaign is just awful, boring and tedious. Even XY was more balanced than this shit. Also,
>that NPC that thades their Haunter that is holding an everstone
Its like they wanted me to shit on this game.

>treating waifus as a positive point that improves the game rather than a small bonus
OP is a fucking faggot
>>
>>30590630
haha
oh you sweet child
>>30592947
I know, but that doesn't mean the early-game selection is "amazing".
>>
>>30593537
i'd say the positives outweigh the negatives
>>
File: 1438664476410.gif (685KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1438664476410.gif
685KB, 500x500px
>>30593537
Yeah, half of those aren't real issues and you just nitpicking
>>
>>30582051
>great graphics
>implying
Let's be real, the jump from Emerald to DP was HUGE for their time.
>>
>>30593537
>region is mostly just rocks, grass and trees
As opposed to Kalos's theme park biomes?

The only legitimate problems with Gen4 is that it introduced Lucario and Garchomp, that's it.
>>
>>30594046
It's not that much bigger from FRLG, which were the actual improvement from RS because Masuda and Satoshi Tajiri actually worked on those games

Emerald reuses RS graphics, which are actually total fucking ass. The difference between Hoenn and the Kanto remakes is night and day
>>
>>30581661
Sure, but I don't recall Giratina ever warping time and space. Your physics may be more scientifically accurate but the developers' intention was to have Giratina represent Anti-Matter, and also this is just a video game.
>>
>>30582105
It said Giratina was banished for its violence.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.