[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most forgotten feature in Pokémon history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: stickers2.png (7KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
stickers2.png
7KB, 256x192px
Is this the most forgotten feature in Pokémon history?
>>
No. Gens 3 and 4 are the best for a reason.
>>
>>30580019
Nah, I still remember putting dirty words in them.
>>
Absolutely not
>>
>>30580019
Unfortunately, I think it it. I wish ball seals would return but with the new effects every time you send a Pokémon out, I highly doubt they ever will. Maybe DP remakes will surprise us but probably not
>>
File: 220px-Berry_Blender.png (42KB, 220x147px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Berry_Blender.png
42KB, 220x147px
No, this is
>>
>>30580019
??? What are these ???
>>
No.
>Minigames in FRLG with the IR thing that came with FRLG
>>
>>30580103
>Wireless Adapter
>IR
>>
File: ball seals.gif (997KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ball seals.gif
997KB, 500x281px
>>30580019
>Is this the BEST feature in Pokémon history?
fixed that for you
>>
>>30580280
This scene needs a WebM directly made from the raw HD source.
>>
>>30580280
I just used it to make swear words with the letters.
>>
>>30580019
These were my favorite in Diamond and Platinum
>>
>>30580019
No, it only empowered my balltism, I wish they'd bring it back.
>>
>>30580280
It was great but had flaws
I.E sinnoh in a nutshell
>>
>>30580019
I actually googled that this morning to see if S/M had a feature similar to this.
>>
>>30580019
I honestly forgot about this feature when I replayed Gen 4 recently. Does the game really ever promote it during the story?
>>
>>30580019
No
I still remember having fun with them
I miss it...
>>
I'm not gonna shit on them introducing something purely for the fun of it, I enjoyed the shit out of pokeathlon and musicals. But I didn't really like ball seals. I forget about it 5 seconds after it was introduced.
>>
>>30580082
>Underage detected

go back to your tumblr hugbox with your ??? faggot
>>
you couldn't deposit the pokemon with the ball capsule it was annoying
>>
File: adapter minigame.gif (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
adapter minigame.gif
6KB, 240x160px
>>30580019
>>30580078
Lemme one up both of you.
>>
>>30580864
Ok, you win.
I don't even remember it with the filename.
>>
>>30580864
Oh shit I remember this!

These were terrible!
>>
>>30580502
Not that I recall; I only found them by chance while digging through the PC menus as a kid. I bring this specific feature up(read: rant loudly and stomp around like a retard for 10 minutes) to my Pokemon chat once every few weeks
>>
>>30580864
Was that the infrared shit or is this E-Reader? I did a little E-Reader stuff but I never did the infrared device thing.
>>
File: chatot.jpg (30KB, 291x320px) Image search: [Google]
chatot.jpg
30KB, 291x320px
>Screaming nigger into your DS so you could make it scream nigger when you chatter

I felt like a massive idiot trying to get this to work.
>>
>>30580955
I don't know what the fuck I'm looking at but it's definitely not E-Reader. Those typically focused on one Pokemon rather than multiple, and had unique assets iirc. The only one I remember in detail is the Machop boulder - punching one.

I feel so bad for whichever relative bought that thing for me. It was such a stupid piece of shit
>>
>>30580955
These minigames are played with the Wireless Adapter. And it's not infrared.

The e-Reader is only relevant for Ruby and Sapphire outside Japan.
>>
>>30581005
remember!
LOUDER!
>>
File: game2.gif (9KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
game2.gif
9KB, 240x160px
>>30580894
>>30580955
Firered and Leafgreen's wireless adapter minigames. To be fair, I think you could only play these in one obscure location with another player, and they were a complete waste of time. I've played these minigames once in my entire life.
>>
I remember catching unowns until I had all the letters I needed to make it say "fuck you!" when I sent a pokemon out.

It was a lot of work for something that was amusing for 5 seconds.
>>
>>30581037
Yeah, I remember it being very slightly advertised. But at the time the Pokemon craze died down so until the DPPt era I was the only one I knew that still played.
>>
File: doug faster.jpg (38KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
doug faster.jpg
38KB, 500x425px
>>30581037
that looks handheld LCD game tier
>>
*Shed a tear*
Man, I sure missed all of these Gen IV features...
>>
>>30581037
Not only a specific location, but you needed specific POKEMON too. Fuck if I could be arsed to get a Dodrio back then to play the fucking game, much less meet up with someone else who also had a Dodrio.
>>
>>30580679
not that anon, but i never played gen 4, and last i played gen 3 was when it came out. so i'll ask this time, what is this?
>>
>>30580078
i remember playing this for hours in Ruby because there was nothing to do after beating the game
>>
>>30580019
>couldn't deposit a pokemon with stickers

that was so fucking stupid
>>
>>30580502
there are NPC that make use of seals but apart from that it's up to you if you want to use them or not
>>
>>30580019
It was great in theory, but the execution was terrible. If I was able to deposit my Pokemon without having to worry about removing the capsules, I would've used it.
>>
>>30581933
ok i googled it and this wasn't in gen 3 so i guess thats why i dont remember it
>>30580864
>>30581942
>responding to a(n obviously wrong) trip fag
>>
>>30581022
>And it's not infrared.
Out of curiosity, what transmission method does it use? It has the shit range of infrared and couldn't connect to anything useful, I don't see why it would be something else.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.