[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vp/ Montype Tournament Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 51

File: TypeWheel.png (272KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
TypeWheel.png
272KB, 1024x1024px
Welcome to the /vp/ Monotype Threads!

Here we hold a Monotype tournament where you compete to be a gym leader and represent your favourite type in Pokemon Sun and Moon!

We are in the early stages of development for the upcoming tournament that will be held into the new year, starting on the 7th of January.
Rules and format are open to discussion at this point but the general rule set is 3v3 best 2 out of 3 using flat rules. More specifics can be found here: http://pastebin.com/8eAQufm5 (embed) (subject to change)

Plenty of people will be breeding or injecting, so don't be afraid to ask for help with your team building!
Here is a list of Pokemon available pre bank for your teams: http://pastebin.com/6SmkqdQQ (embed)

REGISTRATION FORM: https://drive.google.com/open?id=16aG16SdJTb_voiY2wjLXHvZQWGw6FqEWPFXyoIEOUTk
TEAM SUBMISSION FORM: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tjytbVzgqd7ODKGyd-uFDewrqelxoACaBkbcJX6ufok
Both of these must be filled out before the 7th of January if you wish to participate.
>>
>>30579659
first for fuck UB cucks
>>
File: ,1.png (74KB, 640x551px) Image search: [Google]
,1.png
74KB, 640x551px
Second for still injecting.
>>
File: 1449508874562.png (249KB, 520x590px) Image search: [Google]
1449508874562.png
249KB, 520x590px
>>30579683
You're the one missing out on using UBs, while I'm enjoying using them just fine.

Doesn't that make you the UB cuck?
>>
>>30579659
What types are expected to be over used?
>>
UBs won't be unbanned unless you convice people rather than shitpost~~
>>
>>30579753
Hard to say this early. We will have a better idea as things get closer to the final date and people are committing to one, Callum usually posts how many each type has every once in a while.
>>
File: NathanSEG.jpg (18KB, 307x253px) Image search: [Google]
NathanSEG.jpg
18KB, 307x253px
>the glory days of SuperSwog, ROCKMAN, and karabullying are behind you
>but tfw you come back as an eceleb instead of just a fag.
>>
im gay
>>
>>30579771
So, you just don't know what the word cuck means. Got it.
>>
>>30579809
shut up aniny
>>
>>30579753
Probably Water, Flying and Normal this time around. Just because they have more options. A lot of people just pick their favourite type or just build around one of their favourite pokemon.

You should be able to see who has signed up for what type through the first signup form too.
>>
>>30579753
If I had to guess, Normal, Water, Flying, and Steel.
>>
File: HNI_0054.jpg (107KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0054.jpg
107KB, 500x285px
For the record, I'm 100% behind banning Sylvally. But if Callum wants it, guess what? He's the guy putting in the time to make the google docs, keep us organized, and run this shit. So in the end, whatever he says, goes.

I don't even own a PC, so right now I'm pretty grateful that he's even bothered to keep this fun little tradition alive all these years on this shithole anonymous image board.

Also, Sylvally is really good imo, so if it's allowed I ain't gonna be mad, I'm just gonna use it instead.
>>
>>30579659
How viable are weather teams?
>>
>>30579817
A)UBs are banned
B)It's not going to change
C)Kill yourself

>i like UB's they're v cool
>i also like getting fucked in the ass so hard i can feel a dick knocking the back of my teeth

anon pls go
>>
>>30579874
They are terrible. Please don't use Water with Pelipper, it's trash.
>>
>>30579828
>implying i would resort to "i'm gay" posting
I have standards for my shitposting. This is 4chan, not YouTube.

Also I like dem females
>>
File: 1392753966818.jpg (16KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
1392753966818.jpg
16KB, 294x294px
>>30579898
>you will never be this buttblasted
>>
>>30579985
shut up gayboy
>>
>>30579952
I was just woundering if I should plan around them with a cloud nine mon or something
>>
>>30579807
Hey there eceleb.
>>
>>30579989
>memetexting
>imblyig

I've been away for months; I love shitposting :^)
>>
File: dennisqr.png (35KB, 415x459px) Image search: [Google]
dennisqr.png
35KB, 415x459px
>>30579698
Thanks for the gigalith, this'll really help me out. This is the last one for now, I put a male level 18 cubone named Nito up for it.
>>
File: IMG_0900.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0900.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>30579989
Don't you have anything better to do?
>>
>>30580000
quads confirm
>>
>>30580009
it'd be a good challenge for yourself to do that's for sure. I haven't seen Pelliper be remotely viable before; would be very interesting to see
>>
>>30579874
Might work. Your weather setter better pull its own weight, though. And you need to be able to function without your weather in a pinch.

Best 3vs3 advice I got is: be prepared, be flexible, pray for hax.
>>
>>30580039
Don't YOU have anything better to do, than to ban this sick uber guzzlord filth? God bless, and keep it up.
>>
>>30579874
I can't really remember any super strong ones. With the limited mons we have in the Alolan dex it would be even harder.
>>
>>30579830
>You should be able to see who has signed up for what type through the first signup form too.
How?
>>30579874
>How viable are weather teams?
There aren't really any good swift swimmers yet, but pelliper is probably not a bad choice for a water team at all. Same with torkoal and fire.
Gigalith will probably be on every rock team just because sand is so useful for rock types to have.
Ninetails-A is interesting when combined with Sandslash-A. I don't think it's anything incredible, but it'll probably be on every ice team.
Basically rain isn't as good as it could be, but I'd say every weather setting mon is viable (except maybe vanilluxe)
>>
>>30580017
hey there yourself! It's been a long time, how have you been? Still going bug this season, I assume?
any new bug friends for cam?
>>
>>30580000
I won't even go gay for your quads, memester.
>>
File: ROCKS ARE THE BEST.png (55KB, 245x171px) Image search: [Google]
ROCKS ARE THE BEST.png
55KB, 245x171px
>>30579807
I AM ROCK MAN

MASTER OF ROCKS

ROCKS ARE THE BEST

I HAVE YET TO BUY POKEMON SUN AND/OR MOON

I WILL, HOWEVER, BE LURKING IN THESE THREADS

REMEMBER TO USE ROCK TEAMS, KIDS

ROCKS ARE THE BEST, AFTER ALL
>>
File: Capture.jpg (45KB, 955x521px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
45KB, 955x521px
>>30580094
There is a tab on the first form just under the image that is called responses. Have a look in there.
>>
>>30580083
It falls under the

Why don't we let origin form girartina or non speed boost Blaziken out of ubers shit

It would take too much effort to regulate every ultra beast, rather than a simple general ban

I mean, Guzzlord is one of the best designs, but he ain't that good
>>
>>30580132
based rockman returns
>>
>>30580132
I missed you
>>
>>30580098
Nothing now. Too cold
>>
>>30580162
Anon there are seven ultra beasts. How the fuck would it be too hard to regulate?
>>
>>30580132
I've missed you more than words can express...no homo, tho...
I'm still a little upset we didn't get our ROCKMAN VS SIR STEEL battle, but hopefully you get Sun/Moon before we start. Thread feels a little safer knowing you're watching over us, Rockman...
>>
Fellow rockbros, what mon is good for countering fairies? More specifically the tapus. They just fuck my shit up and I don't know what to do about it.
>>
>>30580197
Several different vocal monorities versus just one

Also arguments over why Guzzlord was allowed but not Nihilego ect.
>>
rockman more like cockman lmoa
>>
>>30580220
Shell smash minior?
>>
>>30580220
Fear not, Tapu menace is banned in this tourney.

In general, Probopass comes in handy. Your best bet might be using a Z-move with Poison Jab on... whatever rock in Alola learns Poison Jab.
>>
>>30580230
There's only one because I'm the only one here smart enough to not roll over and be pounded in the pucker by your terrible rules.

I've provided an argument as to why Silvally is allowed but UBs aren't, yet the only actual response I got is "because what the people in charge says goes".

Your metagame is forced, biased, and illogical.
>>
I AM ROCK MAN

MASTER OF ROCKS

ROCKS ARE THE BEST

>>30580199
NOTHING IS SAFE IN A WORLD WITHOUT ROCKS

IF A ROCK USER DOESN'T PLACE IN THE TOP 3, I'LL FLIP MY SHIT

AND I SHIT ROCKS

>>30580220
MINIOR IS CURRENTLY YOUR BEST BET AGAINST BOTH LELE AND BULU

RHYPERIOR IS A ROCK-SOLID CHOICE AGAINST LELE AND KOKO

IF YOU'RE NOT OPPOSED TO USING IT, NIHILEGO IS ALSO A STRAIGHT COUNTER TO BASICALLY ALL OF THEM

OF COURSE, YOU WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THEM IN THIS TOURNAMENT

>>30580189
>>30580166
YOU GUYS ARE ALL RIGHT

YOU'D BE EVEN MORE ALL RIGHT IF YOU DECIDED TO USE ROCK TYPES THIS TOURNAMENT

ROCKS ARE THE BEST
>>
>>30580337
>I don't like your rules
>I'm the only one who thinks they're stupid
>therefore you're all stupid, because clearly I'm not as the minority
>>
>>30580337
Here is your unforced, unbiased, and logical solution.
you don't have to participate, but if you do, these are the rules that have been decided
>>
>>30580400
>>30580403
>we can't change our retarded rules to make for a more fun format
>if you don't like it, you can go away!!

I bet you morons will keep them banned, even after bank, won't you?
>>
Our meta is "forced" in that mono-type is a self-imposed restriction, sure.

Literally every decision ever is biased, from what we ban to what you had for breakfast this morning. Being biased isn't a bad thing, it's a normal thing. Living in denial and saying you aren't biased is unhealthy and delusional.

Our rules are overall more based on logic than VGC and Smogon.
>>
>>30580458
What ruleset would you implement if you had complete control?
>>
>>30580458
Lets vote on it

1-everyone else
>>
>>30580462
>Our rules are overall more based on logic than VGC and Smogon.
The delusion is fucking real. You have no statistics. You have no usage records. You are blanket banning a group of new pokemon based on a title alone. That's not based on logic at all.

>>30580532
I definitely wouldn't ban everything based on a meaningless title such as legendary or UB. If something is really ridiculous, like ubers shit(cover legends, ect), then of course not. But UBs ain't cover legends, and they are worth at least trying.
>>
>>30580458
Probably? Are you really expecting us to change it, or is this all you have to do at the moment?
The sooner you realize it's probably not going to change the sooner you can do something more productive with your. Arguing with a bunch of manchildren on a tournament rule that's not that big of a deal is not something I would want to spend more than maybe 3 posts on, personally.
>>
I didn't know this still happens, neat.
I'm too attached to all my competitive Pokemon still stuck in XY, though.
Not to mention I'm not that familiar with the meta now.
>>
>>30580610
So what would you do?
What bans would you want? Would you want 3v3 or flat rules? Would you use a true double elim bracket or maybe a swiss style?
>>
>>30580610
You don't understand

Monotype isn't like a regular meta

Do you know how stacked psychic types would be with legendaries, compared to poison types
>>
>>30580681
*or normal, fairy types or dragon types would be understocked?
>>
>>30580681
So then poison is a weak type. This already happens even when you arbitrarily ban all the legends, types end up stronger or weaker regardless. My question is, why limit pokemon based simply on a title?

>>30580677
I see what you're trying to do, but you're just dodging around my claim. You guys banned UBs with zero testing, despite most of them not being that bad.
>>
>>30580610
All the bans Smogon does are based on the opinions of the people who ladder high enough to vote. 6vs6 singles is a metagame that is fundamentally flawed and it cannot be fixed in any kind of objective way. The only baseline they have is that 680 legends are more or less banned from OU, and everything else just flows from that.

This isn't 6vs6 OU. We are playing a vastly imbalanced but hella fun meta that is balanced and saved by the 3vs3 BO3 format. The format itself is balanced, unlike 6vs6 BO1. The only other considerations for rules, then, are to make sure that each monotype is treated as equally as possible.
>>
>>30580763 #
Less restriction is literally going to centralize like 5 multiple types aka like 2/3's of the specfimic metagame gimmick is now trash is fucking retarded instead of banning high BST mons
>>
>>30580532
I'm not that other guy, but it seems like Dark, Dragon, Steel, Grass, Electric, Bug, Fighting, Rock, and Poison are the types that benefit from UBs. But I'm not sure how it's any different from using Dragonite or Metagross, really. They're pretty strong, but not unkillable.
But that's just me, feel free to ignore.
>>
First time ever seeing something like this and I'm interested. If no one else enters with your desired type, do you just automatically win or something?
>>
>>30580763
Answer Callum's question or GTFO. You're just playing games and bumping our thread.
>>
>>30580763
>I see what you're trying to do, but you're just dodging around my claim. You guys banned UBs with zero testing, despite most of them not being that bad.
What? I think he was trying to see what kind of input and what kind of changes you would make to the system. Perhaps you have good ideas, but all you're doing right now is saying our ideas are bad. Maybe humor him and post your thoughts on what you'd like to see in an ideal tournament.
>>
>>30580873
you'll still go through the round robin, but you essentially get an automatic bye into the top 18
>>
>>30580859
That's what I'm saying, why is something as crazy as Dragonite, Metagross, or Gyarados allowed, but Guzzlord isn't?
>>
>>30580873
Well, if we go with the usual format that focuses on going towards the Gym Leader challenge, then kind of. You would get the rep slot, but you would still play out your battles like everyone else would.

Got a big post about potential format changes that i'll post at some point. I don't really like how it's setup at the moment, for various reasons.
>>
>>30580910
Because Guzzlord falls into the group with incredibly minmaxed stats. Like 180 base attacks

This is like a common dispute with smogon about allowing non speed boost Blaziken into OU, it's too much of a fucking hassle
>>
>>30580873
>>30580892
this
>>
>>30580950
Then why isn't Blissey banned? :)
>>
>>30580873
Typically a representative is picked from each type, and then the reps fight in swiss. So if you were the only one in your type, you'd advance to this no matter what.
This is contingent on things staying the same.
>>
I wouldn't have an issue with UBs coming into play after the banks been opened, but right now, if UBs were in, every team that could have them in will and it just waters shit down too much.
>>
>>30580950
*because it opens up more headaches about Giritina origin form being in OU

Or Torrent Greninja

Or Non Kings shield Ageislash ect.

They're just making it simplier
>>
>>30580991
Because Rattata used Tackle.
>>
>>30580910
I get the train of thought, but you could be less of a dick about it. Not trying to start shit, I'm just saying.

Anyway, I don't know enough about UBs through the lens of competitive to know how good or bad they are. But let's take Pheromosa, for example, who has a 570 BST. Literal glass cannon.
But then there's Dragonite. 600. Salamence. 600. Metagross. 600. Kommo-o. 600.

From my somewhat uninformed standpoint, I'm not sure why UBs deserve to get a blanket ban when pseudos are still around. Especially Dragon pseudos. UBs appear to be pseudo-pseudo-legendaries, if anything.
>>
>>30580991
Because it and shuckle aren't appart of a group with other members who are considard to good for standard play
>>
>>30580996
I'm against UBs, but this is a bad argument. So many teams HAVE to run certain pokemon to be competitive in this meta anyway, just due to the lack of diversity caused by the alola dex.

Hey Callum, that tab to see other's types isn't visible for normal users. Any way you could change that?
>>
>>30581048
Neither is Guzzlord.

>>30581041
Keep in mind, a fellow legendary(with the same 570 BST, and can be any type) is being allowed.
>>
>>30581087
Was wrong about the viewing responses thing. Google docs is dumb sometimes.
All responses can be seen here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-wSiWPdbBNrONyBBwgb00Fkt9ivFdE5Y2ffk2rN1Ygw/edit?usp=sharing>>30581087
>>
>>30581087
At risk of sounding like a dumbass, I can't find a link to the sheet. Where is it?
>>
>>30581041
I can clear this up

They are min-maxed to incredible levels

They achieve 180+ attacking stats

Where the best Pseudo attack stat is 134(?)

Along with a 4x weakness

While UB's have great sweeping potential with beast boost
>>
>>30580996
Same here. They're cool and I want to use them but in this prebank meta they could prove too centralizing
>>
>>30581112
>Guzzlord isn't a UB

I'm too tired to tell if this is bait
>>
File: PhMPHU5.jpg (464KB, 1440x1596px) Image search: [Google]
PhMPHU5.jpg
464KB, 1440x1596px
>>30581114
>>30581123
neeeevermind
>>
>>30581041
Because BST isn't the sole determining factor, here.

By the way, your post reminds me how much I despise Dragons, thank you.
>>
>>30581128
That's basically the counterpoint I was looking for.
I'm on board either way, only thing I won't be allowed to use is Nihilego and that's just fine by me.
>>
>>30581041
Phermosa is probably scarier than all of those just due to superior stat distribution. Sure, Kommo-o has a higher BST, but many of those points are not useful to it. What's it really doing with 85 speed, or 100 special attack/110 attack?
Phermosa on the other hand has a role and performs it incredibly well. I think that it, out of all the UBs is probably the hardest to deal with for our meta (idk how good celesteelia is)
>>
>>30581147
Guzzlord is not considered good for standard play, being in the same group as them is irrelevant.
>>
>>30581114
>mfw I have the fucked up friendcofe
>>
>>30581165
Sure, I get that. I was going sort of off-the-cuff there.
I like to argue.
>>
>>30581176
We want the simplist rule set

They're all in

Or they're all banned
>>
>>30581087
it's not the best argument, sure, BUT again, everyone is going to use them with the bank still being closed. at least with the temp ban, it'll force people to be creative.
pic related. everyones response to me
>>
>>30581172
which is why I used it as an example.
>>
can't this just be done in Pokemon Showdown?
>>
>>30581128
Dragonite has a ridiculous ability.

Gyarados has intimidate, and can set up easily.

You have his mega banned at the moment, but when you do allow megas post bank, mega metagross is gross.

Kartana's 181 attack stat doesn't mean shit when it has a garbage moovepool, and low BP moves.

Nihilego has terrible defense, and a 4x ground weakness.

Xurkitree has terrible bulk, and somewhat bad speed. Charnces are, he will run scarf, thus making it easy to read and deal with.

Guzzlord is fucking terrible on all levels.
>>
>>30581182
Which one? I can adjust.
>>
>>30581259
This is for people who actually play video games, not simulations of other video games.
>>
>>30581297
it would hardly make a difference, as a matter of fact it's superior as it allows players to optimize their teams easily and make sure everyone is on equal footing.
>>
>>30581267
Dragonite is acrually my favorite Pokémon, but it's ability isn't far from broken. Espically in a non ES Meta

Yes, but why shouldn't Megagross matter right now?

>>30581271
I was refering to the spacing
>>
>>30581259
Traditionally this has always been done on cart.
Showdown has a monotype 6v6 option though, you could always try that out for a spin if you're not interested in breeding or injecting
>>
File: HNI_0005.jpg (36KB, 420x590px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0005.jpg
36KB, 420x590px
>>30581322
Literally just play the game, or don't.
>>
>>30581372
What's wrong with showdown?
>>
Is Battle Spot a good place to test out teams, or is Showdown Monotype better?
>>
>>30581457
Showdown is fine. However, people here have traditionally always played on cart. This will almost definitely not change.
As I said above, showdown has a monotype game mode you can try out for yourself if you're interested in playing monotype on showdown :)
>>
>>30581626
both are fine for different reasons. I use both of them as well as battle tree, even though battle tree is absolute shit
>>
>>30581626
Showdown, I'd say.
>>
>>30581626
I'd suggest testing with people in this thread. Lots of regulars have teams for the format on showdown and would be willing to battle. Just ask and you'll probably get a couple replies.
>>
>>30581457
Nothing.

It's just not actually a Pokemon game. We play Pokemon games here.
>>
>>30581689
this. a lot of people, especially when the tourney pulls up, are going to want to practice and this is a great place to do that.
>>
hello does anyone have a rowlet they bred?
>>
File: 1480905932540.jpg (17KB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
1480905932540.jpg
17KB, 250x194px
>>30581705
That is pretty autistic.
>>
>>30581901
this tournament is more "battle with your bros", so we use the actual 3ds and actual pokemon on them.

We don't care if you inject them. Someone will inject whatever the hell you need for your team if you want including hidden power.
>>
File: 1481062489530.png (197KB, 540x685px) Image search: [Google]
1481062489530.png
197KB, 540x685px
So does no one understand that just as the issue with megas, there are only a few types rep'd from Ultra Beasts making another issue of having them around the mono type meta till at least post bank.
Along with the fact that yes some UB are garbo but it doesn't excuse having them unbanned, it's like the idea of having mythic pokes in flat rules why should UB get the pass? It might just be a personal thing to me but I find it silly.
We already have to make some bans just by looking at mons alone and really this will be the only time we can do this kind of tourny again till the start of gen 8 if it ever comes around, so just take a breather and wait till bank for your UB's.
>>
File: 1478488980386.png (97KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1478488980386.png
97KB, 250x250px
>tfw you wan to join but your team isnt ready
>>
File: eh.jpg (52KB, 433x329px) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
52KB, 433x329px
>>30582035
Still ages till it starts my boi
>>
>>30582069
I better hope I get lucky with breeding then
>>
File: 1481067761367.jpg (140KB, 480x403px) Image search: [Google]
1481067761367.jpg
140KB, 480x403px
>>30582082
Well you have about a month to breed so shouldn't be too hard.
Training might be the issue, tho.
>>
File: 1478876491766.png (69KB, 440x300px) Image search: [Google]
1478876491766.png
69KB, 440x300px
>>30582082
I'm still injecting. Give me something to do, peeps.
>>
>>30581901
Of course it's a frogposter.
>>
>>30582226
Dittos?
>>
>>30582300
I have half a box of jap ones.
>>
What a shit idea.
pls respons

>>30580191
d i s c o r d
i
s
c
o
r
d
>>
>>30582320
Oh boy. That sounds fantastic.
Want me to GTS something?
>>
>>30582379
No, I don't want you to. Really anyone just deposit anything and tell me
>>
File: 1470862987909.png (146KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
1470862987909.png
146KB, 356x256px
>injecting
>>
>>30583191
I've heard Nintendo is banning people from online for trading hacked Pokemon. I'll just hatch some eggs.
>>
File: 1478041731562.jpg (316KB, 1500x1437px) Image search: [Google]
1478041731562.jpg
316KB, 1500x1437px
>>30583273
This has never been a thing. The recent bans were for playing Moon early and Nintendo banning a particular file that everyone used to unban themselves. I'm just trying to save you people some time.
>>
repost closer to the date so i know what mons and moves to use
>>
>>30583378
It will be reposted throughout the month, don't worry.
>>
>>30583341
I've put up a female lvl 1 Marill with a Japanese name for a ditto. Hopefully i don't get sniped.
>>
>>30583341
It's dead hours now for about the next 12 hours, give or take. More people will take you up on your offer tomorrow for sure.

I haven't even caught the UB or fought Red yet, and I bought Moon at launch. It's likely I will skip this tourney. Once Bank updates, I'll just build my Normal mono team and challenge whatever comes next.
>>
>>30583465
Doneatello.

>>30583542
T-There has to be someone alive.
>>
File: HNI_0090.jpg (9KB, 299x293px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0090.jpg
9KB, 299x293px
>>30583558
>Doneatello.
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: reallygood.jpg (4KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
reallygood.jpg
4KB, 225x224px
>>30583558
>>
I don't even know what type to use, too many cool things this gen. I'll probably end up scrubbing it up with Ice, Poison, Electric or Ghost.
>>
>>30583970
Is it weird that I'm actually excited about seeing Togedemaru memeing all over people in replays? For that alone I'd go Electric.
>>
>>30583970
There's no scrubbing it. Just use whatever you like.
>>
File: 1412266731202.png (398KB, 1150x541px) Image search: [Google]
1412266731202.png
398KB, 1150x541px
Prepping a big ass post about format in a bit. Would like to know what people think or if they have any ideas.
>>
Does anyone else have any ideas on how we can structure the tournament?
I was thinking we can go about it several ways. All can lead into the Gym Leader challenge if there is enough interest for it.

1) The weird swiss/double elim style that normally occurs
- This has match ups generated by playing other players that have the same record as you (adjusting for rematches and barred matchups). If you lose two of your matches, you are eliminated from the tournament.
- The last player representing each type will then go to the finals, which will include a representative of each type. These players will play five swiss rounds to establish a top 8 for the Gym Leader challenge, assuming it takes place.
Strengths - Lack of STAB/NE match-ups and two guaranteed matches at the minimum. No shows aren't that damaging to the outcomes.
Weaknesses - Wonky as fuck. Can drag on due to two players of the same type not getting eliminated. There have been situations of the two final players of X type are remaining and one player is 3-1 and the other is 4-0. Depending on how the other types have ended up, situations have arisen where we have ran out of matches for each of the players, requiring a way to decide how the representative spot is given. They can be forced into a match where the winner gets the spot. If the 4-0 player lost they end up with a record of 4-1 which defies the double elimination point. (This doesn't really sit well with me.)
>>
>>30585187

2) Standard double elimination bracket.
-Seeds are randomized, bracket is set at the beginning and if you lose twice you are out.
-This tournament doesn't focus on who gets the representative spots for the gym leader challenge, but instead focuses on who the best the gym leader was over the case of the tournament.
-If you come from the losers bracket you have to win two sets against the player from the winners bracket.
Strengths - Proper tournament system that is more competitive. More variety. Chance for comebacks.
Weaknesses - Potentially only two games for some players. SE/NE matchups like Electric vs Ground, Fairy vs Dragon and Dark vs Psychic will occur. Bracket reset in finals can be confusing. No shows will absolutely fuck the brackets up.
The last 8 players of different types will be offered the gym leaders positions.

3) Full swiss style with X rounds.
-Controlled round robin style tournament that doesn't last for years.
-Most match-ups are well balanced for everyone.
Strengths - Every entrant will have a larger and consistent amount of games since no one gets eliminated. No shows have next to no impact, with wins or losses to each player being awarded to these circumstances. Every player will have their matches against players with the same or similar record. Awkward matchups can be adjusted.
Weaknesses - Players that lose several times have been known to just disappear and never come back. Lots of communication required between players. Every match needs to be finished before the next round can proceed. Doesn't end up with the ultimate gym leader, just the one that had the best run of matchups.
Either a finals series can ensue for the gym leader positions or the top 8 individual types can be offered the spots.
>>
>>30585194
More out there formats.

4) Groups into a single/double elimination bracket
-Randomly generated groups that have the top of the table move into a competitive bracket.
-Round robin in the group stage
Strengths - Players all get a solid amount of games regardless of their battling or team building ability. More competitive players get to go head to head in the bracket. No shows will get weeded out in the group stages with no ramifications. Diverse experience that ends with a true winner but still enables the gym leader challenge. Can be relatively quick moving after the initial group stage
Weaknesses - Added administration workload. Lots of communication needed between players.
Gym leaders spots offered to the top 8 of each type.

Playoffs can be used in the case of any draws for representative spots if required.

In closing, i'm sure that there are far more arguments for and against most of these formats and i would like to hear what people think. If you think most of this is just dumb bullshit, that's fine, but every will have a reason why they agree or disagree with everything so let me know what you actually think, rather than just saying something along the lines of fuck off and just shitposting. The bumps are appreciated though.

Here's hoping this thread lasts through the night.
>>
Id be interested to do a bug team, but only when bank hits
>>
>>30579898
>i like aegislash it's cool
>i also like getting fucked in the ass so hard i can feel a dick knocking the back of my teeth

This is why you're a fucking retard, and no one can take you or this tournament seriously
>>
>>30585248
This seems to be a common theme..
>>
File: 1471544349620.png (41KB, 300x273px) Image search: [Google]
1471544349620.png
41KB, 300x273px
>>30584017
;)
>>
wew
>>
>>30587285
lad
>>
File: 1477630032300.jpg (163KB, 1038x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1477630032300.jpg
163KB, 1038x1038px
>>30585223
I had a good response to this all typed out and 4chan FUCKINg atE IT
Basically I said that the tour isn't that competitive, a double elim would make it more competitive, and we should cement a banlist if we are deciding to take a more cutthroat approach.
Here's a bird I found though it looks very happy :3
>>
>>30579659
Finally, it's back.
I will still be shit at it, but i will participate nonetheless.
>>
Will this be restricted to the Alolan dex?
>>
>>30588819
No, but it will be restricted to prebank.
So you can use hydreigon in this format, but not in something like vgc. However, you can't use tyrannitar because it's post bank
>>
>>30588848
Alrighty, ty.

aegislash hype
>>
i have a good-ish poison team ready in oras, but in sun and moon, the selection doesn't look all that appealing...
no nidoking, toxicroak etc.
i will have to use another type i'm afraid.
>>
>>30588874
TRIGGERED
You running ghosty or steel?
>>
>>30579659
>>30579683
>>30579698
>>30579807
>>30580017
>>30586450
Oh man this is going to be fun

>>30585223
I like the idea of swiss with X rounds, but I also feel like the old style worked pretty well. This is a weirder idea, but maybe we could play 4 rounds of swiss to determine which types will get represented, then play a single elimination tournament within each type to figure out who is the rep? That could be complicated, though.
>>
Bugbros have great options this gen.
>>
Are Mega Stones allowed, and if so, why?
>>
who /besttype/ here
>>
>>30579867
>banning Sylvally
literally why?
>>
>want to participate
>love poison types alolan muk a best
>just getting my game today
>wont hack pokemons

see you in a couple of months
>>
>>30590064
current consensus is no because not every type has access to megas right now
>>
Say I wanted to run steel.
Is Dhelmise a usable party member due to his mechanics?
>>
>>30585223
A round robin where everyone plays multiple times may be more comfy since most people will get to battle each other and become acquainted.

I don't know how the results will be interpreted if it ends up being something like everyone>>>>ice but maybe that will be the new meme.

Judging from previous tournaments, our double elimination then finals were fun, but when they drag on it kills the participation of anyone no longer involved. That means half a week at least of waiting on a couple of matches, or a finals that takes a week+ with only a few participants.

Our original format was great, but it did have its weaknesses
>>
File: 1384912709879.jpg (52KB, 420x574px) Image search: [Google]
1384912709879.jpg
52KB, 420x574px
>>30590320
Dhelmise is not part steel so it could not be used in steel mono regardless of ability.
>>
>>30590252
Ask for some breeding leftovers, people can help! Other people run poison and can get you started.
>>
>>30589008
not late
I havent decided for sure, I'm debating between ghost, ground, or rock
>>
>>30590252
i have some a-grimer leftovers if you'd like one.
>>
File: 1474853573336.png (816KB, 620x876px) Image search: [Google]
1474853573336.png
816KB, 620x876px
Bump. I'm always down to test crap on shitdown if anyone needs.
>>
daniel smells
>>
So was aegis being allowed?
>>
>>30590252
we will give you whatever you want if you wish to participate.

Want the exact pokemon outputted from showdown? Done. Want a breeding leftover to breed your own? Done. Want an attached item or egg move? Done. etc.

We know getting everything ready on cart can be a chore so we are happy to help get you ready. You have until January, so there's plenty of time
>>
>>30591842
We try to keep it as Karen-ish as possible. The only things banned are legendaries and obscenely overpowered mons. You will find there'a different meta between 3v3 mono and smogon OU
>>
how the hell do i answer this form, it doesnt let me answer it but it lets me edit the questions?
>>
>>30585550
> I don't understand what satire is
ftfy
>>
>>30592572
Callum broke it, come back later
>>
>>30592658
all right
>>
Whoa, I miss these!

Are the rules for this season that you can only use Alola dex Pokemon?
>>
File: 1478283222031.png (7KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1478283222031.png
7KB, 225x224px
who /grass/ here
>>
>>30592853
unless its a full team of Rowlets i don't want to hear about it.
>>
we need a consistent acronym for the catalog.

May I recommend: /mono/ or /mgc/ (mono and gym challenge)
>>
I'm debating whether I'll go with my usual steel, or dragon, fairy, or water.

Does anyone have a multiscale dratini leftover I could have?
>>
File: 1481067381105.png (920KB, 1300x2354px) Image search: [Google]
1481067381105.png
920KB, 1300x2354px
So what is everyone thinking in using type and pokemon wise?
Gonna use fairy here.
>>
>>30595827
Whatever isn't well repped
>>
I'll play something fun like bug, but it'll take a while to make the team with injections
>>
File: 1481070573501.jpg (195KB, 768x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481070573501.jpg
195KB, 768x1000px
>>30596997
Don't have a favorite type anon?
Nor a favorite mon you wanna use from this gen?
I full on picked fairy for use of Ribombee and won't look back.
>>
>>30595827
Normalfag here

Upset due to lack of coverage types like Helioisk but I'll manage
>>
>>30597809
don't normal types have more coverage then any other type? I mean they don't have too many dual types, but each of them have a wide amount of coverage in moves.
>>
>>30597231
Sure but having a good mix of types makes the tournament feel better overall
>>
>>30595827
>>30597231
semen demon
>>
>>30593282
I second this idea.
>>30595827
Going dark this season. And to add something extra, my favorite NEW pokemon of that type is Alola-Muk
>>30596997
>>30597231
Coverage players are going to be very helpful as the registration nears the deadline.

Can't wait for this to get underway!
>>
File: 1481063103381.png (309KB, 721x1043px) Image search: [Google]
1481063103381.png
309KB, 721x1043px
>>30597991
True but how I see it fairy always gets that shaft ether way of not very many types mixed into it just yet, even with this new gen they just added legends that had diverse typings and the rest are mostly pure fairy.
But I understand how you feel m8 this is mostly to have mons you'll never see after bank be used for once, kind of a more funpetitive than a competitive tourny.
>>30597809
This is the right kind of mentality to have about it really.
>>30598295
Only on the weekends m8.
>>30598396
Sweet m8 dank type is great.
And yeah putting it like that with the more popular types being picked coverage users will be needed.
>>
>>30597862
I should say the best stab users are gone

A hard thing about normal type is securing KO's imo
>>
>>30598509
*other type stabs
>>
>>30595827
>>
>>30598509
well you do have one thing going for you, Z-conversion porygon z is really versatile. Considering the way z-conversion works you can have it be a ghost type so fighting moves can't hit you, or a psychic type to hit them back. Actually whatever your team needs it can be, and it gets adaptability so thats double STAB
>>
>>30580030
I scanned this in game because I was curious and it told me it was for piplup, kek
>>
>>30598721
>mfw its true
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>30595827
ghostboyz.
Also, wondering how genning works? I see people making the QR codes, how would I do that? Apologies for asking to be spoonfed, I've always just bred my own pokes but I don't feel like dumping tons of time into that again this gen.
>>
File: 3e0633f7cbd1b8af44b67b10b6bf2f73.jpg (168KB, 1125x750px) Image search: [Google]
3e0633f7cbd1b8af44b67b10b6bf2f73.jpg
168KB, 1125x750px
>>30595827
Definitely rock, this doggo is my favorite pokemon this gen and I want to use it in my team.

>>30593282
/mono/ sounds nice.
>>
>>30592853
Ive always just watched from the sidelines but may end up actually participating this year, and would probably go grass or fairy.

You have a good advantage this year with such good grass bros coming out, at least.
>>
>>30598844
I've never scanned a hex before with the cart, I'll have to go try more and see what happens :0
>>
>>30599261
:0
>>
Seriously considering running a mono bug team. Probably gonna get BTFO but whatever.
>>
>>30599388
it would be fine otherwise, but the pre-bank bug pokemon don't have too much to work with, so yeah more then likely
>>
>>30599417
I was actually putting one together already. Golisopod, Ribombee, Scolipede, M-Pinsir are in, not sure about the last 2. After the bank comes out I was thinking Forretress and Volcarona, but before . . . eeeeh, Butterfree with Quiver Dance/Bug Buzz/Air Slash/Energy Ball? Vikavolt (lmao 43 speed)? Hell if I know.
>>
>>30599531
Megas are not allowed for this tournament, just a friendly reminder
>>
>>30599583
Well fuck. At least I don't have to grind for pinsirite.
>>
>>30599531
maybe vikavolt can be workable, but you'd have to figure it out somehow (I dunno like maybe slow assualt vest user). Maybe Ariados to set up stuff like sticky webs. Your best bet for this team is probably ribombee passing, but you'll probably get fucked over by hazards.
>>
>>30599417
All of the types have to make some compromises pre-bank.
bug is actually one of the more well of types i'd say.
>>
Anyone else injecting here?
>>
>>30599631
I dunno about passing stuff, since Golisopod is gonna be my hardest physical hitter and he's in and out.

What about mixed Araquanid? Water bubble scald hits pretty hard - it's SpA is the same as Marill's Atk.
>>
>>30599702
probably just run assualt vest or banded araquanid, special or mixed is too gimmicky, even with quiver dance boosts
>>
>>30579659
>the only special attacking rock-type is minior, who has 4 usuable moves
never gonna be able to get past a skarmory
>>
>>30600486
>what is fear archen
>>
>>30600525
i'm not enough of a mad man to try that
>>
>>30600486
>>30600525
>>30600621
Or you know, he can run Special Golem?
>>30599531
>>30599388
I'm not much for making teams but I was thinking in making a bug team before with:
Ribombee
Scizor
Golispod
Araquanid
Masquerain
Never thought of a 6th just due to not wanting to use any of the other bugs/not finding uses for them in the team for 3v3. Maybe Vikavolt as you said.
>>30598895
Rock has some interesting players even without bank, got some mons that can really pack a punch and put diversity in the type besides from all the rock/ground types.
>>30598888
>ghostboyz
Not bad m8 I like your spirit.
>>30598574
Poison is going to be power this time around with all it's new types and variety, muk is beast and Lizardqueen is a hard hitter.
>>
>>30600650
golem has a SpA stat of 55.It's definetly better to run it physical, even with no other special user
>>
>>30600650
Gengar lost levitate, no Nidoking, no Toxicroak
poison is gonna be very vulnerable to ground and rock this time around and a lot of coverage is missing.
>>
Registration Form : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdT0klSCrDU-1Mu7f4xQ-dH_zAddN4FCMOjknhGJc-ZuoQIWQ/viewform
Team Submission Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfVEfC1if-lbwoNNx_fF0ztwZTbNRd1Pfjyood3EdRE38pLLQ/viewform

New google docs has betrayed me once again.
>>
>>30600753
This is false, golem is a very strong SpA for rock teams
>>
>>30600956
what timezone should i pick for CET (central european)?
>>
>>30601060
In what way?
>>
>>30601092
Just dropped a specific option in the form. If it doesn't show up on refresh, just put other and i'll change it in the response spreadsheet.
>>
>>30600784
roserade says hi
>>
>>30601183
i'm actually gonna use roserade, yes, but venusaur would've been a lot better.
>>
>>30601183
>>30601239
are roserade or venusaur even legal for pre-bank?
>>
>>30601261
roserade is. i already have it bred.
>>
>>30599654
except dragon (^:
>>
>>30588641
I like the idea of it being more 'competitive' per say. Would you be more wanting a proper set bracket? People would be able to see who they are up against if they win or lose.

>>30589660
I like this too. Single elim for finals would push through that section rather quickly too. The swiss rounds means everyone gets their fair share of matches too.

>>30590322
Another good suggestion. If there are any equal records after the X swiss rounds, we could just do a few playoff games to cement those positions.
>>
File: its something.jpg (13KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
its something.jpg
13KB, 600x451px
>>30601284
uuuuh i guess dragonite cannot learn extremespeed before bank
>>
>>30601279
oh okay, just not offensive roserade
>>
>>30601325
you don't really need technician to make offensive roserade, you know?
>>
>>30601239
in the current meta, roserade only gets outsped by garchomp and dugtrio on ground teams i think, so you are not that bad desu, plus you can always give an air ballon to something and kill
>>
>>30601387
you don't, but it's a lot better with technician
>>
File: 1481048093879.jpg (27KB, 610x616px) Image search: [Google]
1481048093879.jpg
27KB, 610x616px
>>30601321
>multiscale dnite
>scarfchomp
>specs/orb hydreigon
>salamence
>goodra
>flygon
>haxorus
>tortunator
>drampa
>other types are stuggling for 6 halfway viable mons
however will they cope without espeed
>>
>>30601433
it's cool to have, but hardly necessary.
roserades best moves are not even affected by it.
you'd only really need it for hidden power.
>>
>>30601524
yeah, though the hidden power gives it the coverage it needs. Though it is still viable as offensive without it.
>>
File: cute pikas.png (304KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
cute pikas.png
304KB, 580x580px
>>30585194
>>30585223
i rly like 3 and 4
>>
>>30601914
still loving those pikaclones i see, little d
>>
File: crazyplusle and minun.gif (2MB, 501x277px) Image search: [Google]
crazyplusle and minun.gif
2MB, 501x277px
>>30601970
i have togedemaru on best balls
u want one bby?
>>
>>30602029
i don't have proper wifi right now, but next time, i'd love one
>>
>tfw mono will never be kill
y live
>>
Wait smogon let's you have a reckless Staraptor

Why can't we get it here?
>>
>>30602265
smogon doesn't have every perfect yet, for example they let you use custap even though you cannot use it yet
>>
>>30602265
zarel a shit
QR mons cannot have their hidden abilities
>>
>>30602698
What is Zarel?
>>
>>30602853
a pedophile that owns showdown
>>
>>30603252
Oh. Sp00ky stuff.
>>
First time trying this out, but still working on breeding them. How does this team sound?
Scizor
Skarmory
Magnezone
Aegislash
Lucario
Metagross
>>
>>30603545
Pretty legit.

Are all these mons available pre bank?
>>
>>30603599
Yes, but Honedge is from Island Scan only.
>>
>>30603545
seems really good, nice and varied types with different roles. Though you are lacking a true special wall if that matters. Unless you're running specially defensive aegislash
>>
>>30603545
if you run into mono fire, you're fucked, keep that in mind.
>>
>>30603739
Yeah but the tricky thing for steel is that you can't use either Empoleon or Excadrill because they're not in Alola, so the two big fire checks are gone.
>>
>>30603739
>>30603545
True.

Not that you're guaranteed to run into Fire anyway. Something to weigh up though. Do you want to be stronger overall and not cover Fire, or Cover Fire and have some niche mons that give you less flexibility overall.
>>
>>30603835
yup. sucks big time.
>>
Currently no reps in:
>Water
>Fire
>Grass
>Flying
>Fighting
>Psychic
>Ground
>Dragon
Funny how people haven't really been picking what are regarded as the best types in the tour.
>>
>>30603835
I mean you could use alolan dugtrio
>>
File: Johnathan glance.gif (626KB, 326x250px) Image search: [Google]
Johnathan glance.gif
626KB, 326x250px
I think your tournament is hugely flawed from having people with same types battle BEFORE battling everyone else.

For example.

>Two rock teams are in
>one creates a balanced team, as they should, perhaps only including a single rock/water type
>the other runs three
>balanced rock team wrongly loses to bullshit
>he's out before it's even really started

Now, you might say a mono rock team with three rock/water types is shit, but his shit team just memed his way past all the legit ones, before facing other types has even begun. Same types facing off for their spot should happen after, not before.
>>
>>30603863
>no water team
really? hell just slap pelipper and any rain abuser and you're good to go
>>
>>30603863
where do you look that up?
>>
>>30603913
gotta make your team good enough to beat other same monotype teams as much as you need to make them beat other types of monotype teams
>>
>>30603863
Because no one besides regulars are playing this. Doing this pre-bank is a joke.
>>
>>30603857
>>30603863

Probably the former, since there doesn't seem to be any Fire reps. If I do run into one, I can only bank on Metagross to not die horribly.
>>
>>30603913
That isn't how it works. All matchups are randomized with minor adjustments depending on type immunities.
>>
>>30603947
Did you even read my post? The problem is the order in which this happens. You do need to be good enough to beat same type, but facing before that becomes a deciding factor is dumb.
>>
>>30603863
Still very early. Historically, a lot of entrants don't sign up until the week of it starting.

You basically never mirror unless you get unlucky or are fighting for that last rep spot. It looks like we're gonna do swiss anyway, into maybe a finals elim bracket.

>>30603938
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-wSiWPdbBNrONyBBwgb00Fkt9ivFdE5Y2ffk2rN1Ygw/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>30603863
Maybe it's all of the obnoxious tripshits that drive people away.
>>
>>30603983
yeah, thats why you build you gotta teams to be able to beat stuff like that too
>>
>>30604015
Its been literally one day since tourney opened, calm down.
>>
File: types.png (565KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
types.png
565KB, 500x730px
Still willing to inject. Just leave me your QR codes in the mono threads and I'll check them out sooner or later. Check /ekx/ on the catalog if you have no idea how this QR code thingy works.
>>
>>30604162
Fuck off retard
>>
>>30604047
You've clearly never gone past 1200 elo, if you ever played a single competitive game in your life that is. Either way shut up so we never have to hear your bullshit.
>>
File: IMG_1072.png (36KB, 216x516px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1072.png
36KB, 216x516px
>>30604238
>>
>>30604238
Are you in the wrong thread or blatantly shitposting off topic?
>>
File: gustavqr.png (35KB, 399x455px) Image search: [Google]
gustavqr.png
35KB, 399x455px
>>30604162
Hi again, would you mind getting me this? I have a level 46 female vulpix in a dive ball up for it already. As always, thanks a ton. I really appreciate it.
>>
wew
>>
File: HNI_0059.jpg (31KB, 362x248px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0059.jpg
31KB, 362x248px
I have been cucked out of HA Vulpix giveaways so many times these past few weeks. I hate version exclusives.
>>
>>30604944
>>30604162
>>
>>30604944
I got a 5IV Timid one with moonblast over wi-fi, but it as snow cloak. still pretty good
>>
Will we be able to change our entries later on if we change our minds about some things?
I'm not quite sure about my team's held items and moves so I may want to change them later
>>
>>30605011
Yes you can as long as its before the tourney starts.
Once the tourney starts you can't change anything on your team at all.
>>
>>30605011
Of course. Just as long as everything is done before the start of the first round in a month.
>>
Just realized Scolipede can't get speed boost yet

kms
>>
File: HNI_0031.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0031.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>30605009
Yeah, I have a male with egg moves. I honestly need a female with Snow Warning.
>>
File: HNI_0024.jpg (110KB, 503x600px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0024.jpg
110KB, 503x600px
>>30605660
Scolipede is still a decent bug, even without speed boost. I really hope it gets a mega in the next game.
>>
>>30606038
I wish megas were never a thing.
>>
>>30605737
I have a few if you still need one.
>>
>Legends are banned
Are mythicals allowed?
>>
>>30606798
Is it on that page linked in the rules?
>>
>>30606876
Nope, Magearna is legal under the current ruleset.
>>
>>30606913
>>30606876
>>30606798
Guess it's an oversight then. You wouldn't be able to use it.
>>
File: HNI_0098.jpg (45KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0098.jpg
45KB, 500x555px
>>30606640
A dude from /wfg/ gave me one just a few minutes ago.

Anyone need HA Vulpix, HA Mareanie, HA Geodude, or a female Salandit? These aren't super-duper 5IV perfect nature ones, they're just something to get you started.
>>
>>30607318
Wouldn't mind one of each, if you have spares. No problem if you don't at the moment.
>>
>>30606555
Same
>>
File: Decidueye.png (36KB, 405x455px) Image search: [Google]
Decidueye.png
36KB, 405x455px
Call me Danny Phantom because I'm going ghost.
Also if injectorbro feels like getting to this I'm gonna put up a Lvl 33 male fearow, trainer name Vash.
>>
>>30603913
>>30603983
There will be no Rock v Rock in the first few rounds. It will be randomized swiss with manual adjustment to avoid your exact complaint.

The only mirror matchups will be:

-A saturation of one type forces them to play themselves (say 7 rock monos signed up and only 2 of the other types)
-elimination rounds after the swiss to determine if you want to hold the title of best in your type (gym position)
>>
File: HNI_0073.jpg (38KB, 317x540px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0073.jpg
38KB, 317x540px
>>30607970
I probably still have you in my FC list, but just in case I don't, post it. In the meantime, I'll breed you one of each. I have the Salandit now, at least.
>>
>>30604390
Can't find yah.
>>30608672
Busted.
>>
>>30608672
scanned this and it gave me a tranquill wew
>>
>>30606640
Apparently now I need a HA Vulpix because I just noticed I got conned again. You still here? Please post your friend code if so. Tired of this GTS bullshit.
>>
>>30608935
Thanks friend
>>
>>30609185
Yeah, if you have a spare HA Geodude I'll take one but just send a shitmon if you don't.
>>
So wait do people know pur team she going in?

Because I'm thinking of a Pokémon that's walled by protect to act as a nuke
>>
>>30609430
>Mobile posting
Never again

Also what about Moody?
>>
>>30609430
it's 3v3, so even if they knew it was on your team and your strategy, they would have to bring it as one of their 3 into the match.

You won't know your opponent's team composition in first round. You have to post the battle videos confirming the match, so it's possible to get scouted IF you bring it to the match.

If you hide your 6th pokemon, never bringing it into a fight until round 4, it would be a surprise.

>>30609456
moody is fine
>>
>>30609413
/wfg/ guy just gave me a real one, but I will breed you a HA Geodude in a new york minute, friend. You can give me whatever.
>>
310 get
>>
>>30609501
Well it would be slaking so they would be able to splash in protect

I know he isn't good in normal play, but in 3 v 3 I'm guessing he's harder to play against
>>
>>30609430
Slaking is a lot of fun, but yeah, it's hard walled by Protect. Feels bad when it happens, but I just try to laugh and forfeit.
>>
>>30609566
I've noticed a lot more speedy sweepers and easily countered setups like shell smash cloyster in previous tournaments.

A slaking would be fine. It would force the opponent to bring a protect user every battle, and I know some players don't have protect at all
>>
>>30609660
I really want to make a cool team, but I can't pass up the opportunity for choice scarf ditto sweeps
>>
>>30609811
>>30609811
>>30609811
>>30609811
New thread.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.