[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really would have liked to be able to embark on a newgame+

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1428057553938.png (264KB, 495x700px) Image search: [Google]
1428057553938.png
264KB, 495x700px
I really would have liked to be able to embark on a newgame+ or at least start over without losing plaza/pelago/pokedex progress. I just want to try playing through with a fresh team but I have to lose everything to do so.

We have bizarro land warp portals, why can't there be one to hop through so we can relive the adventure? Got a complete pokedex? Fuck you, you can't ever play that cart again.

Does anyone feel the same?
>>
>>30578854
That's why the past two generations, I've bought both games in the series. A big part of pokemon for me is replay value. I love playing the game over again, and trying out different teams in the storyline. It's nice to have one copy for archive and collecting, and another one for funplays (monotype runs, nuzlockes, speed runs)
>>
>>30578983
I've considered it but at that point I'd rather just get a second hand 3ds and hack it. I'm not rewarding nintendo or GF for being complete jews.

Citra can run moon too but it's slow and the time of day is currently broken.
>>
File: fluffy moth.gif (145KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
fluffy moth.gif
145KB, 320x240px
It more that I want to use end game pokemon right in the beginning without resorting to trading.
>>
>>30579320
Pretty good point, I have to be pretty much done the fucking game to even get my hands on a alola sandshrew.
>>
>>30578854
>new game+
Honestly, if this was the only post-game in a future game, I'd be happy. I've wanted this for ages.
>>
>>30579320
I might wait till a family member gets a copy for christmas then hijack their game to save my mons and start anew.
>>
Okay, suppose NG+ worked like this. Once the credits roll, a "New Game+" option shows up on the file screen. A few "are you sure you want to do this, man?" messages later, you start the game from the beginning, but...

Thing that stay the same:
>everything in your party/boxes/daycare/GTS
>Pokédex progress
>all items except for plot related key items
>Pelago stuff
>Battle Tree records/progress and BP
>wild Pokémon don't become stronger so there are safe places to grind weaker team members

Things that change:
>story progress is reset
>most of the tutorial is skipped since you know it all already to be honest they should already have this as an option
>levels of trainers are adjusted to compensate for starting a fully-trained team of six
>shops sell everything from the beginning
>get another copy of everything (starter, items, legendaries, gifts)
>there's more places to grind early on (think blissey base type shit) so if you want to switch up your team you can do it without weaker members becoming a liability

And once you beat the game again, you can go NG++, and then NG+++, and so on and so on, getting slightly more difficult each time.
>>
>>30580361
>safe place to grind weaker mons
Does anyone actually do that? I thought you'd just turn exp on till they catch up and use whatever plaza bullshit/pelago to get their EV's.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.